Korra (waterbending) vs Azula

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@israphael: I don't think Korra's anywhere near as baitable as she was in Season 1, but I suppose that's a possible outcome

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By raimundopedrosa

No, Korra has gotten really good. Azula's so overrated sometimes. Korra stomps. Avatar level waterbending is stronger than conventional master waterbending, which is stronger than Azula's firebending.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is close. I am slightly leaning toward Korra but I think Azula has a good shot here due to her cunning and lightning.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No, Korra has gotten really good. Azula's so overrated sometimes. Korra stomps. Avatar level waterbending is stronger than conventional master waterbending, which is stronger than Azula's firebending.

Not necessarily. Katara could causally move ships, and could control large volumes of water.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula because in character

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120: what about being in character gives Azula the win?

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Even though Korra is extremely powerful, she won't do anything that can quickly take out Azula while Azula will not hold back and could take Korra out.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120: Korra might not be a killer, but she's not usually one to hold back significantly

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: But she doesn't really have anything she could do that would take her out quick enough before Azula does.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Umm No your pretty dunce and may need an education reform if you can't see that Bending as a tradition and martial arts is water'd down in LOK. Look how Bolin & his brother fight no traditional bending forms or stances just straight jabs and such..,

Best Benders from LOK was Unalaq great water bending, Amon Blood Bending, Amons brother had decent water bending feats, Kuvira Awesome metal bending, Sue & sister Great metal bending feats, Lava Bender great feats, Zaheer great agility air bending, Eska&brother good water bending feats.....That's it no great Bending scenes from any of the main characters

And mentioning Wan is pointless he's a character before the time of LOK and even pre dates ATLA

ATLA Shows tons of Master Level Bending, And just more skill and utilization of skill. It's a fact I'm not arguing with anyone the feats if the characters prove it

therapist1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread lol. I think by way of portrayal, any one of Azula, Toph or Katara could take out a Korra that was restricted to one element.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Arcus1

@eternalgrandmaster:

Dude, no need to be insulting

Apparently you stopped watching Mako and Bolin (especially Bolin) after season 1, maybe 2. S4 Bolin incorporated pro bending styles at times, but he wasn't limited to them

So, Tenzin vs Zaheer? Zaheer's impressive, but Tenzin's not when he's destroying him? Korra vs Desna and Eska or vs Unalaq? You found Desna and Eska impressive but not Korra? I could go on, but I'll leave it at that

@therapist1: why do you think that?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Umm No your pretty dunce and may need an education reform if you can't see that Bending as a tradition and martial arts is water'd down in LOK. Look how Bolin & his brother fight no traditional bending forms or stances just straight jabs and such..,

Best Benders from LOK was Unalaq great water bending, Amon Blood Bending, Amons brother had decent water bending feats, Kuvira Awesome metal bending, Sue & sister Great metal bending feats, Lava Bender great feats, Zaheer great agility air bending, Eska&brother good water bending feats.....That's it no great Bending scenes from any of the main characters

And mentioning Wan is pointless he's a character before the time of LOK and even pre dates ATLA

ATLA Shows tons of Master Level Bending, And just more skill and utilization of skill. It's a fact I'm not arguing with anyone the feats if the characters prove it

In continuation to my last post, you say that no one uses any traditional bending forms or stances?

Earthbending stomp and kick

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Water arm trapping and blasting

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
I apologize this gif ends early, I can try to make a better one
I apologize this gif ends early, I can try to make a better one

Water arm freezing

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Just a few examples

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Pierpat

@eternalgrandmaster said:

Oh my gosh, i'm sorry if yo are too sensible to read a censored f***.You know, the internet may not be a nice place for you to explore.

Anyway, @arcus has already explained greatly, and i'd like to add:

In ATLA lighting bending was considered rare and epic, now it's nearly commonplace in LOK(we had mako lineing up with another bunch of lightning benders in season 1)

In ATLA remote metalbending did not exist, now there's a whole city operated with it in LOK

In ATLA lavabending was never seen

In ATLA telepathic bloodbending or bloodbending without the full moon was never seen

In ATLA spiritbending was never seen(oh, an that was from one of the main characters, so you're wrong twice)

You just have to agree that bending has evolved in these 65 years.

It does not matter that in ATLA it was more often the main characters.....and again korra has the best non-avatar mode waterbending move and the only spiritbending move, while Mako has instant lightning and Bolin lava bending.... I still don't get your point.

therapist1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Because of how they were portrayed (example: Toph causing an earthquake that even Kuvira was surprised about, sayingnher daughters were bad metalbenders, Katara being basically the greatest healer in the world, etc.). When she told Korra her reasoning for not helping against Kuvira and Katara not helping against Unalaq, I think was the writers telling us: "Yeah, they'd probably wreck these guys, but this is about Korra." They are the new Jeong Jeong and Pakku and Bumi to me. I would say the same if this thread was "Aang (water bending only) vs. Jeong Jeong." And Azula, I would have already considered to be one of the greatest firebenders in the world from a very young age (younger than Korra).

As far as feats go, Azula's got just as much raw power as Korra, and more agility, smarts and cunning. If it was a simple, straightforward fight, I think the faster one would take it, so Azula. If it was a fight that had tricks and resources involved, the smarter, so Azula again. One element isn't enough.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therapist1:

Well for one thing you're using their older versions. Obviously they'd have gotten better with decades of experience. Old Toph and old Katara have nothing to do with young Azula. You're using a lot of speculation here. Korra's also got substantial raw power, she's more agile than waterbenders like Katara

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Arcus1

@eternalgrandmaster:

In continuation, here's a few more bending parallels

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Let's not pretend Mako's the only one who punches
Let's not pretend Mako's the only one who punches
No Caption Provided

@pierpat if you're interested

therapist1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Just because Korra's raw power can match Azula's, doesn't mean she'd beat her in a fight restricted to waterbending. Reasons already stated.

And for the record, this whole forum is just speculation.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Arcus1

@therapist1: yeah, but not speculation about old Toph and old Katara

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still going with Korra XP

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@arcus: Because of how they were portrayed (example: Toph causing an earthquake that even Kuvira was surprised about, sayingnher daughters were bad metalbenders, Katara being basically the greatest healer in the world, etc.). When she told Korra her reasoning for not helping against Kuvira and Katara not helping against Unalaq, I think was the writers telling us: "Yeah, they'd probably wreck these guys, but this is about Korra." They are the new Jeong Jeong and Pakku and Bumi to me. I would say the same if this thread was "Aang (water bending only) vs. Jeong Jeong." And Azula, I would have already considered to be one of the greatest firebenders in the world from a very young age (younger than Korra).

As far as feats go, Azula's got just as much raw power as Korra, and more agility, smarts and cunning. If it was a simple, straightforward fight, I think the faster one would take it, so Azula. If it was a fight that had tricks and resources involved, the smarter, so Azula again. One element isn't enough.

The beifong sisters are bad? What ames you say that? Also keep in mind that Toph has very high standards.

I wouldn't say that Azula has more raw power, but she has certainly shown more skill and finesse. Korra has even explicated jet propulsion, which is a move limited to dew at the time of atla.

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula has better skill, creativity and finesse, Korra has better raw power; Azula takes it with lightning in the water large amounts of water Korra is using, killing Korra.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akzar: problem with Azula's lightning is that, in order to be effective, it has to be charged. Korra's not going to just give her that time

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By akzarr

@arcus:

Does Korra know what Azula can do? If she does, since she's in character, she's just going to continue on her original plan despite this new information. All Azula needs to do is get out of the way of the water, which isn't going to be a problem and Korra will die. If she doesn't know what Azua is capable of, then the same thing will happen as in the first instance.

The only reason Korra is going to lose is because she's brash, stubborn and unable to listen to reason (normally). If her personality was not like that, then Korra would win in a stomp. But because she's in character she dies.

EDIT: forgot to reply to you :P

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Arcus1

@akzar:

She doesn't know, but if Azula starts trying to charge lightning it won't be hard to figure out. Plus it's not like lightning is unavoidable, or that Korra's always in contact with the water she bends.

How has she been like that in Seasons 3 and 4?

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Normally, she is. Her personality didn't change that drastically through the seasons.

So Korra doesn't know that Azula can use lightning. So Korra realizes that Azula is charging lightning, and tries to hit her with her most used water tactic: Water arms. Azul hits one arm with the lightning and kills Korra. Korra still hits Azula with a water arm, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the battle.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akzar:

I'd say her personality changed a lot over the series

Katara used water arms on Azula in the Crystal Catacombs, they were extremely effective

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Still doesn't change the outcome. Azul might be knocked out after the battle but that's better than the fried, dead Korra.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Arcus1

@akzar: she couldn't get lightning off against Katara, why will Korra be different?

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Because Korra is nowhere near the same water bending prowess that Katara is/was at.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akzar: they each have some different skills, but I wouldn't say Korra's nowhere near Azula

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: It's not that she's nowhere near Azula, it's that she's not at the same level of creativity, skill or finesse. So, in the end, the outcome doesn't change

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula kills Korra.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula kills Korra.

Why do you think that?

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By legacy6364

@arcus said:

@legacy6364 said:

Azula kills Korra.

Why do you think that?

Because i'm in love with Azula!

I haven't seen any thing past season 3 in TLOK. But, Korra has proved to be impulsive and somewhat reckless in her battles. And though her Waterbending is impressive, sane Azula's Firebending is practically infallible. And that is my unyielding bias opinion.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I'll definitely check it out when I get a chance.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy6364: it's not quite as good as book 3 (though some things might be better) but overall it was pretty excellent imo