Korra (waterbending) vs Azula

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1st and foremost nobody from The Legend of Korra have superior bending skills compared to Part 1 benders.

Korra actually is a pretty pathetic Avatar I don't understand how she was a master bender when she basically had lower benson feats compared to Amon,unalaqq, Zaheer's, Sue & her sister....She just sucked and so did most of the benders...

Korra gets dominated very badly Azula is gonna drop her and her water bending with charged blue flames, superior foot work and lighting

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ssj_god

@ssj_god: nope, i have no crush on anime girls, but i know am her(korra) fanboy for sure.

that's what i said.. u're the same as those people.. only here it's korra in place of some anime girl :D

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Arcus1  Online

@eternalgrandmaster:

So, you think ATLA>LOK by default? Zhao>Amon?

You saw the gif of Korra flash freezing the mech? Just one example I wouldn't say is a low tier bending feat.

Azula's flames have never shown any real difference from other comparable firebenders. Lightning's avoidable and needs to charge

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra may match Katara in raw power, but skill-wise Katara beats her out quite handily. I can name at least half a dozen techniques Katara has demonstrated that Korra hasn't shown anything comparable to.

Match?

I hope you mean casually overpower.

Katara may have a skill upper-hand, but Korra is faster, more durable, a whole lot more agile and has more raw power.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@therapist1:

Aang, Ty Lee, Kuvira, Bumi, and others might disagree

Aang and Katara reacted just fine in a scenario pretty much exactly like what you're describing

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1st and foremost nobody from The Legend of Korra have superior bending skills compared to Part 1 benders.

That is just stupid.

Please, leave.

What the actual F***?

Unalaq is easily the best waterbender in the series. If you don't count bloodbending, because in that case Amon is the best..... and they are both LOK characters.

Wan is simply a beast.

Korra has two bendings that are better than aang's, metalbending and can go into the avatar state when she wants to.

We have lavabenders in LOK.

So, please, let's stop this ATLA>LOK nonsense.

They are both epic series, you may personally like one more than the other, but trying to draw an objective line is just stupid.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Arcus1  Online
Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@ssj_god said:

@arcus said:

@ssj_god: we saw her from the front a moment before that, if she was in the AS they would have shown it. If Katara can move ships and Roku can launch his master across the North Pole, I don't see why Korra can't have that kind of power

ok.. then i don't remember that.. can you make a gif of the whole instance?

Loading Video...

Granted it's not entirely clear, but from what we could see there wasn't any glowing, or the usual AS theme

I hope you're happy now arcus, i just re watched the whole finale thanks to that video you posted.

I had studying to do, ya know.

therapist1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: If they did disagree, with the exception of Ty Lee maybe, they'd be wrong. Since when do any of them fight the way Azula does?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 juiceboks  Moderator

@pierpat: I mean match and sticking to it. Katara's moved warships with waterbending, that's easily as good a feat as Korra staggering Kuvira's mech.

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@uchiha454: any reasons?

Yup power isn't everything Azula has done a lot more with fire offensively and defensively than Korra has with water and was even able to dodge powerful foes like aang and toph without her bending all that coupled with her lightning makes me believe she wins this

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: I mean match and sticking to it. Katara's moved warships with waterbending, that's easily as good a feat as Korra staggering Kuvira's mech.

At what instance are you referring to?

If it's this one:

Loading Video...

You can gauge that Korra's feat is easily better.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Arcus1  Online
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@pierpat: That's the feat..and how is Korra's any better? All she did was knock the mech back, Katara moved the ship a considerable distance away which isn't shown in that clip.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Pierpat

@juiceboks said:

@pierpat: That's the feat..and how is Korra's any better? All she did was knock the mech back, Katara moved the ship a considerable distance away which isn't shown in that clip.

It was hinted. more than once in the series that causing waves in sea is easier than bending the same mass of water out of it.

Katara moved a whole lot less water(that ship may me a fourth of the mech in lenght, and i'm being generous), making it reach a lot lower height,making it move slower, and did not flash freeze it.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@pierpat: That's an assumption and one that doesn't make much sense. Either way you're moving tons of water, and there's not much to say that waves are easier than what Korra did.

Are you kidding me? The ship's length compared to the mech's height is easily comparable. Maybe not as large as the mech, but all Korra did was stagger it while Katara moved the ship several dozen meters. The feats are most certainly comparable.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@arcus: ty-lee and chi-blockers blitz benders, sometimes multiple benders, though not like flash or superman blitz, they still blitz.

@ssj_god: eh? I love her sure, but not love love, just you know.... Love her, like just loving her. Crush is a really shaky word to describe how i like her. Besides there are other people i like in LOK like mako, kuvira and lin

therapist1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I mean the way Azula likes to strike before you're ready and have you running in order to catch your breath.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: eh? I love her sure, but not love love, just you know.... Love her, like just loving her. Crush is a really shaky word to describe how i like her. Besides there are other people i like in LOK like mako, kuvira and lin

you like mako?.. you know.. i can understand korra, kuvira or lin.. they are females.. but mako? :D

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Arcus1  Online

@therapist1: Bumi was casually doing that to Aang while testing him. Azula didn't blitz Katara, who's not as fast as Korra

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: yeah, mako and zuko, i like them, they were my best animated characters for some time, they are kinda still are, even ty-lee and amon are in my top 10 favourite animated characters.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: yeah, mako and zuko, i like them, they were my best animated characters for some time, they are kinda still are, even ty-lee and amon are in my top 10 favourite animated characters.

ohh.. the way you said it.. i thought you like mako in the mean of lovey dovey like.. that's why you mentioned him among ladies :D

therapist1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Uhhh, Azula had Aang running while she was multitasking between him and Zuko. As soon as you're recovering from her fire, she's on the move. I'm not saying it's a trump card, but I do think that Korra won't be able to beat her restricted to waterbending. Katara is a more formidable opponent for Azula IMO because she is resourceful and creative, rather than headstrong and obvious.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Arcus1  Online

@therapist1:

Yeah, where all Aang was even trying to do was run, and facing attacks from her and Zuko. Bumi was casually tagging Aang, it took Azula a while to pin an exhausted Aang down. I don't think what you're describing is somehow unique to Azula, it's just fighting

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: oh... Because of the women thing, haha.

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By alphaeyght2

@juiceboks:

to be fair, Katara is a more versatile waterbender, i'd admit that, she can use many things with water that Korra hasn't shown. But Korra got raw power, durability, agility and speed (she can bend water like fire, and can using legs a lot) over her. She covered Katara's versality with her own those abilities in real combat. She could match her perfectly in a direct fighting with water available around. They don't need to use water from plants if there's water around. Korra can use waterspout with ease at a very fast speed, sure Katara shown her own versality with water over her, but it's a very useful technique in a real combat with large amount of water. It's not just about how many things they could do, but how also useful them in combat, especially against bender with the same element.

Israphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Israphael

Azula in a mismatch.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Arcus1  Online
Israphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

Because Korra gets easily handled by Kuvira who is basically a less agile version of Azula without lightning.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@israphael:

1. Korra never fought Kuvira with waterbending

2. Kuvira only beat Korra when she was still recovering. In the finale they were even, with Korra maybe having the advantage

3. Kuvira's a metalbender, Azula's a firebender, pretty different

Israphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

1. I'm judging based on her overall combat ability in which she fails to impress outside of the avatar state.

2. Korra only ever flipped out into her PTSD when she was in the avatar state about to end it.

3. Again overall combat ability.

Azula is a pimp and Korra is a chump without magic eyes.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Arcus1  Online

@israphael:

1-2. She was clearly not in good condition through the whole fight. Kuvira mentioned it at least twice. Did you not see the difference between their first fight and the finale fight?

3. They're completely different benders, what do you mean "overall combat ability"?

Israphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Israphael

@arcus:

1. Not in good condition? How so? She was fighting fine just being out maneuvered almost each time. Of course Kuvira was taunting her she's arrogant just like Azula. Korra did do better the second time, but it was in tighter quarters with no earth only metal.

3. Meaning how good and versatile they are with their bending. Dodging, countering, etc.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Arcus1  Online

@arcus:

1. Not in good condition? How so? She was fighting fine just being out maneuvered almost each time. Of course Kuvira was taunting her she's arrogant just like Azula. Korra did do better the second time, but it was in tighter quarters with no earth only metal.

3. Meaning how good and versatile they are with their bending. Dodging, countering, etc.

1. Was it not obvious? Korra was slower, less agile, not taking hits as well, etc. Kuvira was fighting much more seriously in the second fight, in an environment that greatly favored her metalbending, and yet Korra fought evenly with her, maybe even had the advantage. There was very noticeable improvement

Israphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

1. Slower as compared to what? I don't notice her being any faster or slower just her being outclassed by Kuvira. There's no evidence that there's any lingering physical detriments to Korra even Jinora is puzzled when Korra goes all PTSD because she said all the poison is out of her.

Korra didn't have the upper hand in that fight it was clearly evenly matched. Also being in those tight quarters against someone who can fire and air bend would not be advantageous. Korra can also metalbend.

Based on feats Korra could not handle Kuvira in an open battle but could hold her own in a contained environment. It is my opinion that

Korra (no avatar state) < Kuvira <= Azula

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@israphael said:

@arcus:

1. Slower as compared to what? I don't notice her being any faster or slower just her being outclassed by Kuvira. There's no evidence that there's any lingering physical detriments to Korra even Jinora is puzzled when Korra goes all PTSD because she said all the poison is out of her.

Korra didn't have the upper hand in that fight it was clearly evenly matched. Also being in those tight quarters against someone who can fire and air bend would not be advantageous. Korra can also metalbend.

Based on feats Korra could not handle Kuvira in an open battle but could hold her own in a contained environment. It is my opinion that

Korra (no avatar state) < Kuvira <= Azula

Slower compared to all her other fights. Just look at the two fights with Kuvira. She was outclassed in the first fight, wasn't in the second fight.

Korra got more hits in that fight. Yeah, Korra can metalbend, but Kuvira's better. It's like fighting a waterbender in the north pole, or an earthbender underground.

The environment change isn't gonna affect Korra's speed or reaction ability. Kuvira was being far more aggressive in the second fight, and yet in the second fight Korra was able to keep up with her and actually get the better of her too. Why is that?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Arcus1  Online

Korra actually is a pretty pathetic Avatar I don't understand how she was a master bender when she basically had lower benson feats compared to Amon,unalaqq, Zaheer's, Sue & her sister....She just sucked and so did most of the benders...

Korra gets dominated very badly Azula is gonna drop her and her water bending with charged blue flames, superior foot work and lighting

Follow up to my earlier response

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Obviously these aren't all relevant but if you're going to generalize...

Israphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Israphael

@arcus:

Not really noticing a speed difference. She hadn't fought Kuvira before that fight so there's nothing to compare her speed to Kuvira's. The second fight their speed and agility are not coming into play as much as they are in extremely close quarters making it easier to hit each other. Also, I disagree with your analysis that being surrounded by metal was a huge advantage to Kuvira. In her first fight with Korra she was shown to gain an advatange against her using a lot of her earthbending. You could also attribute her better performance to the fact that she's fought Kuvira once before and has adapted, but the results of that battle are inconclusive as the mech exploded before the outcome.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Arcus1  Online

@arcus:

Not really noticing a speed difference. The second fight their speed and agility are not coming into play as much as they are in extremely close quarters making it easier to hit each other. Also, I disagree with your analysis that being surrounded by metal was a huge advantage to Kuvira. In her first fight with Korra she was shown to gain an advatange against her using a lot of her earthbending. You could also attribute her better performance to the fact that she's fought Kuvira once before and has adapted, but the results of that battle are inconclusive as the mech exploded before the outcome.

In the first fight Kuvira hit Korra many times, pretty much whenever she wanted, while Korra couldn't land a single hit. In the second fight, Kuvira only landed a couple hits, despite trying many more times, while Korra landed multiple hits. No difference?

Kuvira's specialty is metalbending. Why wouldn't it be an advantage over Korra, who's a relatively inexperienced metalbender?

In the first fight the outcome was pretty clear from the beginning. The fact that this fight was inconclusive, even though this time Kuvira wasn't toying with Korra, shows clear improvement.

Israphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Israphael

@arcus: That's because they were in an open area Kuvira played her well letting Korra recklessly and sloppily attacking her, wearing her out. The second fight was in close quarters where Korra had both fire, air and metalbending. Key note here is close quarters. Close quarters fight with someone who can metalbend, firebend, and airbend against someone who can only metalbend albeit with skill. That's why Korra had the advantage and still couldn't take Kuvira.

Also in reply to your above post on her water bending feats against the mechs. Please note in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmWepWNwPZ0

she is shown to be using the Avatar state. It is unclear when she is and is not using it during those scenes but since it was shown that she was using it we can infer that she was taking advantage of it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@arcus: That's because they were in an open area Kuvira played her well letting Korra recklessly and sloppily attacking her, wearing her out. The second fight was in close quarters where Korra had both fire, air and metalbending. Key note here is close quarters. Close quarters fight with someone who can metalbend, firebend, and airbend against someone who can only metalbend albeit with skill. That's why Korra had the advantage and still couldn't take Kuvira.

Also in reply to your above post on her water bending feats against the mechs. Please note in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmWepWNwPZ0

she is shown to be using the Avatar state. It is unclear when she is and is not using it during those scenes but since it was shown that she was using it we can infer that she was taking advantage of it.

In Aang vs Ozai, Aang had all 4 elements, but Ozai had a huge firebending advantage, allowing him to beat Aang (before the AS). Similar situation with Kuvira, except it just made the fight even. Should be obvious that being in a metal room's gonna help metalbending.

Korra was in the AS earlier, but the amp doesn't last that long, unless you can prove that it does.

Israphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Sozin's comet does not compare to being in a room of metal. Ozai was leagues above Aang in firebending being possibly the greatest firebender alive at the time. Kuvira is just an exceptional bender nothing to suggest she's the greatest metalbender and her abilities aren't amped or anything she just has easy access to her element. Kuvira had to avoid blasts of flame and air in a tiny room as well as any metal Korra decides to throw at her.

We don't know when she and isn't in the Avatar state as we can't really see her eyes. However, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3dT8oK7y80 at the end of the fight Aang uses the Avatar state to move the ocean however his eyes are not glowing while he doe sit.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@israphael said:

@arcus: Sozin's comet does not compare to being in a room of metal. Ozai was leagues above Aang in firebending being possibly the greatest firebender alive at the time. Kuvira is just an exceptional bender nothing to suggest she's the greatest metalbender and her abilities aren't amped or anything she just has easy access to her element. Kuvira had to avoid blasts of flame and air in a tiny room as well as any metal Korra decides to throw at her.

We don't know when she and isn't in the Avatar state as we can't really see her eyes. However, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3dT8oK7y80 at the end of the fight Aang uses the Avatar state to move the ocean however his eyes are not glowing while he doe sit.

I didn't say it was exactly the same, obviously Ozai was clearly winning against Aang while Kuvira was even with Korra. That was just an example of how being more skilled at an element that has an advantage over other elements. You can't honestly tell me that you don't see how being in an enclosed room made of metal helps metalbending? Kuvira had the advantage against Suyin, who before that was only behind Toph and maybe Lin (she might've been better than Lin).

Kuvira also used that readily available metal to block Korra's attacks

Yeah, but we see him flashing right before he moves the ocean. Whenever Korra used AS power the show has made it clear. There's no indication that she was using the AS to flash freeze the mech

Israphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Israphael

@arcus: You're only looking at one aspect of the fight. Of course being in a room of metal helps metalbenders but you can't see why being in an enclosed space would give someone who can fire and air bend as well as metalbend the biggest advantage?

There is definitive proof that it can be done, therefore, it is very ambiguous and those feats are debatable. I would argue that it is implied she is using the Avatar state because it shows her going into it right before jumping into the fight. Also, Kuvira had an equipment advantage against Suyin in their fihgt.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@israphael: sure it could help air and fire, but the room wasn't that small. Metal gets the biggest advantage, and Kuvira's the better metal bender

Why believe that she's amped when we've never seen the AS amp last anywhere near that long, and there's none of the usual indications of an AS boost?

Even accounting for the equipment advantage Kuvira was at least roughly even with Su

Israphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: This is just going in off-topic circles. After watching both series I personally think Azula would take it with little difficulty via wearing Korra out by baiting her into some sort of trap in which she lights her ass up with fire or lightning.