Korra (water) vs Aang (air)

• 87 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes, it's another twist on Aang vs Korra. This time, they're restricted to their native elements. Who will win?

Aang has airbending only. Korra has waterbending only. No AS

Starting distance is 25 feet. Time is twilight

Aang has his glider

Victory by ko

Round 1:

Fight takes place in the Crystal Catacombs

Both are in character

Round 2:

Fight takes place at the South Pole

Both are bloodlusted

Who wins?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder

@norrinboltagonprime21@pooty@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1 @lvenger

@funsiized@princearagorn1@ssj_god @jmarshmallow

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde @etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@gxrevolution96@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@deathhero61@primebonnick@gizmorino@saint_sophie@rijehu @myerlanski @koays @useyourname @stormdriven @hypnosis @pirateking @mitcheii @deranged_midget @highaccuser @abyssdarkfire @hatemalingsia @arv993 @dreadpool10 @batking200: @sirneko @loklegends @kingvenus @speedster101 @marvelfan1992 @martinceld @106me @therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007: @johnfrank120 @llehdevil: @darkdefender

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 Aang

R2 Aang

PacPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like you've made this one before, but whatever. Aang has shown more control with air than Korra has with water.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you've done this, or something very similar before

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@uchiha454: any reasons?

R1 Korra doesn't have enough water and Aang's speed is problematic for her

R2 Aang's speed coupled with bloodlust will result in Korra being flung across the south pole similar to how she threw Unalaq out of the spirit world but only more powerful and her flash freeze seems like it requires concentration after reviewing the fight and gifs which Aang on his air scooter will not wait for

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: I know I did no air and no water, I don't think I've done just air and just water. Could be wrong though

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't we do this one with a bunch of other element mixes?

R1 Either way. Aang's enormous speed edge makes him untouchable while Korra's huge power edge means she only has to tag him once. Aang might edge out a close one.

R2- Korra slaughters..... He's not fight tidal waves that flash freeze evenly in this enviornment

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to try to put my favoritism and bias aside and choose a winner based on feats and logic

MY MAIN MAN AANG, STAR OF ONE THE BEST ANIMATED SHOWS IN THE HISTORY OF MAN, MURDERSTOMPS THAT AVATAR WANNABE B!TCH!!!

I feel I failed at my attempt to be unbiased and fair...................just like Korra failed at being as good as the original show!!!

But in all honesty, if I possess such a thing, I think Korra is too strong and durable for Aang. He has a better shot in round 2 but I think she can still win a majority.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I did one where there were 4 Aangs and 4 Korras, each with one element.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juiceboks  Moderator

If anyone has a power edge it's definitely Aang.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: not necessarily, Korra's got some solid feats too, like flash freezing the mech

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang & Aang. Round 1, Korra doesn't have enough water to work with. Then Round 2, Aang over all more raw power and he'll shave the flesh off Korra. Although if Korra had more water Round 1, my money would be on her.

L. D.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: is there an environment you think would be more fair for round 1?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: gotcha.

Seriously how is Aang more powerful then Korra in the south pole though? Flash freezing the mech is one thing when she just had a lake but we're talking an entire landscape of her element and possibly and ocean..

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it in character for Korra to freeze her opponent?

Aang.

Korra. I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@llehdevil: is there an environment you think would be more fair for round 1?

Probably the North or South Pole. The Spirit World. Or Republic City's rivers.

Is it in character for Korra to freeze her opponent?

She's more aggressive than Aang who's extremely passive and defensive in fights which in fact, causes him to job.

L. D.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 Aang

R2 Hmmmm I could see this going either way but most likely Korra.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@thunderbolt30: any reasons?

I think Aang is more skilled and impressive in his main element than Korra is with water (though is very good with water bending), so I see him taking a majority against her in round 1.

I think the location in round 2 favors Korra more.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra is not tagging Aang, he is way too Agile. I will take Aang both rounds, Air is one of the hardest elements to fight against as seen in both series because nobody really uses it.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus: That is by far her best waterbending feat while Aang has destroyed Fire Nation boulders that dwarfed Appa with a single air kick, created an air wave that sent Azula flying back 100s of meters, and cooled down a lava eruption that was going to destroy an entire village. He's also shown better control over his element than she has with a greater pool of moves to pull from.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Korra both rounds anyday anytime.

MidnightFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang wins!!

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang both rounds

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jacthripper
akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang stomps both rounds, no trouble due to him being way more powerful. Hell, he put out a volcano with just his air.

Goodbye Korra.

Also, BUMP!

I've always wanted to do that =]

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akzar: hahaha nice to not have to bump

Aang didn't put out a volcano, he just blocked a large amount of lava. It's a very impressive feat, just wanted to clarify. I don't think this is a stomp either way

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Still proves my point. Korra still wouldn't win.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akzar: Korra's got feats of raw power of her own too, like flash freezing Kuvira's mech

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By akzarr

@arcus: That is true, however Aang has better feats of raw power, as well as better finesse, creativity, and etc.

Korra just isn't even on Aang's level.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akzar: I'd argue that staggering and freezing the mech (with relatively little effort) is comparable to Aang's feats

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Given that Aang, one stopped the lava from progressing, but also cooled it. I don't think that Korra has anything on that

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@akzar said:

@arcus: Given that Aang, one stopped the lava from progressing, but also cooled it. I don't think that Korra has anything on that

Except from, maybe, bending 25 story waves like they're nothing.

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: Wasn't she in her Avatar State when doing so? Like she goes in for a bending then when she's done she comes out of it? IIRC she would do that in that season quite a bit.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akzar: there was no indication that she was using the AS

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By akzarr

@arcus: oh. ok then. Has she done things like this throughout the anime, or in just this one time? (I don't remember her doing that level of bending anywhere else).

I'll reply in full, in a bit (I got stuffs)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blame it on her lack of using water but aang has more consistent good feats with air than korra who has her mech flash freeze feat.

round 1 aang definitely.

round 2 Im not sure. Seems like a huge environmental advantage for korra so she has a much better chance to win. 50/50 for now, but only because she gets an advantage from the environment

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Arcus1

@akzar: I don't think she's ever had a feat quite that powerful, though she's had other respectably powerful feats

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Looking back, Aang still takes this 10/10 for both rounds. He's bloodlusted so he just creates a vacuum around Korra's head, suffocating her.

Maybe put morals on for a more matched fight?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akzar:

He's never shown the ability to do that. Plus, that's only ever worked on opponents who are already incapacitated

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang outclasses Korra in general when it comes to their respective element. He wins both rounds.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: He is more impressive, consistent, powerful, and fluid with Air than Korra is with water. Korra has powerful water bending feats, but Aang's air bending is superior to anyone else's even outside of the Avatar State.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By GXrevolution96

@rijehu said:

@arcus: He is more impressive, consistent, powerful, and fluid with Air than Korra is with water. Korra has powerful water bending feats, but Aang's air bending is superior to anyone else's even outside of the Avatar State.

I think Opal and Jinora both have him beat in that department, at least as far as raw power is concerned. The two created a large vortex that held off an entire army of earth benders and mechs. It easily rivals avatar state air bending.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: I disagree. Although that was a powerful display of Airbending, they created that Vortex together and even though Opal sustained the vortex for a several moments, that isn't a display of her own raw power, just her ability to manipulate the constant circulation in the center of the vortex that had already been initiated.

Aang's feat of soloing the Volcano is already enough to put him above any non Avatar State Airbender as his control, power, and not to mention the area of effect of the bending is far greater than anything any Airbender has done individually, Tenzin being the second most impressive. Aang has made cyclones alone with his running speed (although not to the extent of the vortex created by Jinora an Opal, it was still greater than either has done alone and was strong enough to reverse the trajectory of a huge chunk of earth launched by king Bumi). He has lifted huge amounts of weight (boulders, SaberMoose-thing), and has created vacuums, and air constructs. He managed to run so fast that he compressed air into an life size copy of himself and shot it at Zuko in season 2. His air was so powerful that it was shown to be able to negate CM blasts in season 3. He definitely is the superior Air Bender.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 juiceboks  Moderator

@rijehu said:

@gxrevolution96: I disagree. Although that was a powerful display of Airbending, they created that Vortex together and even though Opal sustained the vortex for a several moments, that isn't a display of her own raw power, just her ability to manipulate the constant circulation in the center of the vortex that had already been initiated.

Aang's feat of soloing the Volcano is already enough to put him above any non Avatar State Airbender as his control, power, and not to mention the area of effect of the bending is far greater than anything any Airbender has done individually, Tenzin being the second most impressive. Aang has made cyclones alone with his running speed (although not to the extent of the vortex created by Jinora an Opal, it was still greater than either has done alone and was strong enough to reverse the trajectory of a huge chunk of earth launched by king Bumi). He has lifted huge amounts of weight (boulders, SaberMoose-thing), and has created vacuums, and air constructs. He managed to run so fast that he compressed air into an life size copy of himself and shot it at Zuko in season 2. His air was so powerful that it was shown to be able to negate CM blasts in season 3. He definitely is the superior Air Bender.

You sure about that? Like you said that tornado Aang created was powerful enough to send that piece of earth that took Bumi great effort to move(keep in mind he's casually sent houses flying so that says a lot about how heavy it was) right back at him while the cyclone Opal and Jinora created only managed to slow down the mech's advance forward.