Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, Avatar Korra will test her earth and airbending skills against Prince Zuko, who will win?

Korra is limited to earth and airbenidng only. She is in her physical prime. No Avatar State

Zuko is post dragons. This is teenage Zuko.

Fight takes place in the Crystal Catacombs. Starting distance is 20 feet.

Each knows what elements the other can bend.

Both are in character. Victory by ko

Who wins?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hm, somewhat tough but korra takes this

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Zuko never seemed to gain any sort of advantage whenever he went up against Aang, and it's especially good to note that Aang never even wanted to fight a large majority of the time. I don't think Korra is even remotely as adept with air-bending as Aang is, but she's no pushover. Add in Earth bending and her raw power in a physically fit state and I think she'll simply overwhelm Zuko.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm, somewhat tough but korra takes this

Any reasons?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko never seemed to gain any sort of advantage whenever he went up against Aang, and it's especially good to note that Aang never even wanted to fight a large majority of the time. I don't think Korra is even remotely as adept with air-bending as Aang is, but she's no pushover. Add in Earth bending and her raw power in a physically fit state and I think she'll simply overwhelm Zuko.

True, Korra's pretty solid in earth and air, but she's not at Aang's level in either element. Zuko was doing pretty well against Aang in the Crystal Catacombs when he was using earthbending, just one example

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@arcus said:

@deranged_midget said:

True, Korra's pretty solid in earth and air, but she's not at Aang's level in either element. Zuko was doing pretty well against Aang in the Crystal Catacombs when he was using earthbending, just one example

A fair point sir. Although, what Korra may lack in Aang's skill, I find that she makes up for with aggressiveness, especially against Zuko who perhaps wasn't accustomed to Aang fighting back.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@arcus: am torn right now, it's tough, am still thinking that zuko can win but am voting korra

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eeeeeeehhhh, this is close. i want to say that zuko wins because he did ok against aang at the end of season 2 without dragon training, but something about korra (especially recently) makes me think she can win

really close, but i think korra wins 6/10

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko.

Hes held his own against aang who was superior to korra in speed (reaction and all other categories), skill, (-_0) <sigh>everything.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko.

Hes held his own against aang who was superior to korra in speed (reaction and all other categories), skill, (-_0) <sigh>everything.

To be fair, holding his own isn't the same as winning, and Aang tends to hold back

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Arcus1

Time for some gifs

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That's enough for now

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Arcus:

Aang just doesnt kill. he doesnt hold back (REASON I SAY SO IS CUZ NO ONE IN THE SERIES INCLUDING AANG EVER SAID HE HOLDS BACK) He mostly ducks and hides + at the time admitted he couldnt win without avatar state (though his opponents were many).

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Arcus:

Aang just doesnt kill. he doesnt hold back (REASON I SAY SO IS CUZ NO ONE IN THE SERIES INCLUDING AANG EVER SAID HE HOLDS BACK) He mostly ducks and hides + at the time admitted he couldnt win without avatar state (though his opponents were many).

It's pretty clear that Aang doesn't always go all out in every fight

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra, extremely barely.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

MOAR GIFS BECAUSE I LIKE DEM.

Now... time to provide a case for Zuko taking a victory...

I've read the replies above, and I do agree with some of the points made. Particularly what Deranged-Midget said. In the past, Zuko has been shown to have quite a bit of trouble when facing Aang do to his airbending. However, because he is facing Korra, who isn't nearly as epic with airbending as Aang was, I do believe that even with earthbending and firebending on her side, that Zuko can find a way to win this battle against the avatar... and to restore his honor...

No doubt, in this battle, Korra is probably going to start off with Airbending. I do believe that Zuko is going to get knocked around quite a few times by her airbending. At the same time, that doesn't mean hes down for the count. If I know him, hes going to take Korra off guard by leaping right back up, doing his break-dance firebending techniques, and that's going to aid him heavily while fighting Korra. He has what it takes to defend himsef against her airbending techniques, and I believe that he'll be able to handle the agility that airbending gives her, and retaliate with heavy firebending moves of his own.

But then, Korra has earthbending to aid her! I believe earthbending will certainly allow Korra to have a certain degree of defense against Zuko's attacks, and to get Zuko off balance during the battle. However, Zuko isn't inexperienced when it comes to facing earthbenders. In fact, one of the firebending/sword gifs that I showed above is from a battle where he was facing earthbenders. His prowess will allow him to cope with Korra's earthbending onslaught.

However, the endgame (Reference?) of this battle is for Zuko to get close enough to take Korra out. And with airbending and earthbending at her disposal, doing that is going to be exceedingly difficult... but not impossible. He'l fight his way through the attacks she throws at him, and sooner or later, he'll catch her off guard, at which he'll close in for the victory.

It is by far a close match, and either opponent can win. But I believe that Zuko's skill that he constantly incorporates with his great firebending prowess will allow him to keep going during the course of the battle, and eventually secure a win.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

MOAR GIFS BECAUSE I LIKE DEM.

Now... time to provide a case for Zuko taking a victory...

I've read the replies above, and I do agree with some of the points made. Particularly what Deranged-Midget said. In the past, Zuko has been shown to have quite a bit of trouble when facing Aang do to his airbending. However, because he is facing Korra, who isn't nearly as epic with airbending as Aang was, I do believe that even with earthbending and firebending on her side, that Zuko can find a way to win this battle against the avatar... and to restore his honor...

No doubt, in this battle, Korra is probably going to start off with Airbending. I do believe that Zuko is going to get knocked around quite a few times by her airbending. At the same time, that doesn't mean hes down for the count. If I know him, hes going to take Korra off guard by leaping right back up, doing his break-dance firebending techniques, and that's going to aid him heavily while fighting Korra. He has what it takes to defend himsef against her airbending techniques, and I believe that he'll be able to handle the agility that airbending gives her, and retaliate with heavy firebending moves of his own.

But then, Korra has earthbending to aid her! I believe earthbending will certainly allow Korra to have a certain degree of defense against Zuko's attacks, and to get Zuko off balance during the battle. However, Zuko isn't inexperienced when it comes to facing earthbenders. In fact, one of the firebending/sword gifs that I showed above is from a battle where he was facing earthbenders. His prowess will allow him to cope with Korra's earthbending onslaught.

However, the endgame (Reference?) of this battle is for Zuko to get close enough to take Korra out. And with airbending and earthbending at her disposal, doing that is going to be exceedingly difficult... but not impossible. He'l fight his way through the attacks she throws at him, and sooner or later, he'll catch her off guard, at which he'll close in for the victory.

It is by far a close match, and either opponent can win. But I believe that Zuko's skill that he constantly incorporates with his great firebending prowess will allow him to keep going during the course of the battle, and eventually secure a win.

The last gif (which for some reason doesn't show up in the quote) is very convincing :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

xD. Yeah, screw info. Zuko wins cuz of that gif alone.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Arcus1

Some more gifs

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I need to get some more for Zuko

@dreadpool10 said:

@arcus:

xD. Yeah, screw info. Zuko wins cuz of that gif alone.

But can he handle this?

No Caption Provided

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aww I was going to say Zuko, but after looking at those gifs I'm not sure now.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aww I was going to say Zuko, but after looking at those gifs I'm not sure now.

Hahaha, that just means it's a good fight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10 said:

@arcus:

xD. Yeah, screw info. Zuko wins cuz of that gif alone.But can he handle this?

No Caption Provided

AGHHH!! NOT THAT GIF!!!

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: Hahahahaha

I'd post a reply gif but I'm on my phone...

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Zuko.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra may be able to pull this off if she fights smart

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You know some of us have slow computers for gifs.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I favor Korra for 8/10, mainly because of this move:

Offense, defense, and mobility, all in one combo.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 anthp2000  Moderator

Zuko easily

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra more often than not, Zuko never impressed me.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra solos with air.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Zuko easily

Give Korra firebending and she still loses comfortably. Give her water alone and she takes a good majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-6471e97cd5d1b
deactivated-6471e97cd5d1b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough match..given korra's physicals(i.e:agility,durability,endurance,strenght) which would definately come into play..but the same set of physicals could go for zuko as well,and the fact that korra's abilities are limited to this level,its hard to see her winning.

Zuko post dragon(training)was potrayed as probably≤azula so..

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Well earth only Korra is too weak, and lol at the guys who wank air only Korra. She isn't that great with air, it's just a good support.

But both together makes it tough for Zuko, i say Zuko wins in a close fight.