Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, Avatar Korra will test her waterbending skills against the Red Lotus waterbender Ming Hua, who will win?

Korra is in her physical prime. She has waterbending only. No Avatar State

Ming Hua starts with two water arms

Both are in character. Victory by ko

Time is midnight. Starting distance is 25 feet

Round 1: Fight takes place in the Crystal Catacombs

Round 2: Fight takes place in the North Pole

Who will win?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mhhh tough one, for me by theory Korra cause of being the avatar so she would have a natural talent for water bending along with being a natural water bender like Ming. By threat theory Ming hua was considered one of the best water benders there is and could prolly win a slight majority, however by feats Korra should win just about everytime without much trouble per say.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Korra matched unalaq, unalaq is the best water bender in the whole series, korra is above katara to me, ming hua is also very good and a deadly water bender.

She and korra would be tough but korra should win.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo korra wins

ming hua was never thar impressive to me, while korra is second best vanilla waterbender IMO

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By GXrevolution96

Korra destroys Ming-Hua. Korra has way too much raw power and her feats are much better than Ming-Hua's

Honestly,I'd say that Ming-Hua would put up a up a decent fight initially, but she would quickly get overwhelmed. I think the fight would mirror the Tenzin vs Zaheer fight, with Korra being Tenzin in this scenario and Ming Hua being Zaheer

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By johnfrank120

Korra, barely.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ming hua should win this. she is just way too fast for korra, and she effortlessly took out desna and eska at the north pole

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea i agree korra but barely. Her endurance should put her through.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra is a bad match up for Ming Hua. We've seen Korra grab other waterbender's water whips and pull them using it. In the finale we also saw Korra waterbend a massive, skyscraper-sized wave of water and flash freeze a 25 story tall mecha. Presumably without the avatar state as we weren't given the usual glowy sound queue.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm probably Korra. I think Ming Hua could take her with these battle conditions, but I'm leaning toward Korra 5.5-6/10.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra destroys Ming-Hua. Korra has way too much raw power and her feats are much better than Ming-Hua's

Honestly,I'd say that Ming-Hua would put up a up a decent fight initially, but she would quickly get overwhelmed. I think the fight would mirror the Tenzin vs Zaheer fight, with Korra being Tenzin in this scenario and Ming Hua being Zaheer

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: to be fair, Ming Hua's shown more control over and skill with the water arm technique than any waterbender we've seen, Korra might have a harder time pulling that move off against her than she did against Unalaq

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GXrevolution96

@knightofzero said:

ming hua should win this. she is just way too fast for korra, and she effortlessly took out desna and eska at the north pole

Korra>Eska Desna

Korra is just as fast as Ming-Hua and can ride on a water spout to increase her speed and mobility. Furthermore, Korra use water arms to counter Ming-Hua

I also don't know how Ming-Hua is going to dodge or counter attacks at this magnitude.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96:

There's not that much water in the Crystal Catacombs round 1

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: Where do you get all of those lovely gifs?

I import the eps I download from iTunes into iMovie. I cut it to the size I want and then upload it tohttp://makeagif.com

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arcus said:

@gxrevolution96:

There's not that much water in the Crystal Catacombs round 1

The Crystal Catacomb actually has a good water source. Enough to bend waves and create water arms and etc. Not to mention, there is a water fall right at the back.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: oh it's a good water source, but it's not a large river or the ocean

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

korra high diff

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's worth noting that Desna and Eska gave Korra a decent challenge, while they barely bothered Ming Hua at all

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra. Ming-hua is fast and agile but Korra isn't slow either. The problem with Ming-hua is the water stacks with her arms, which will be a great advantage to Korra. Korra displayed more raw power than Ming in waterbending. I think she'd be able to control the water in Ming's arms and pull her close, like what she did to Unalaq. Well, if the hand-to-hand combat happens, the Korra'd definitely win. And in waterbending battle, i'd go with Korra too, mid-high diff.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Bump/gif time

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Korra high difficulty I think.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra high difficulty I think.

Both rounds? Any reasons?

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vengefulshot  Online

I'm going with Korra. Ming has the agility to keep up with a waterspout, but she can't compete with Korras raw power. Furthermore, Korras has been shown to wrestle water arms away from other powerful waterbenders. Round 1 could be a stalemate though, as Ming has lots to swing on and the water source is limited, so Korra can only afford a few power moves.

Oparu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ming-Hua can bend just as much water as Korra(She's Korra!), anyone who believes differently is a fool if they think a super criminal can't. A morals on Korra would never use that charged giant wave move in a 1v1 bending fight even if we were to use feats only. Republic City was at stake and everyone was doing whatever it took.

Anyways Mako wins.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot: Ming Hua did something like a small water spout against Kya. If she had more water, donyou think she would be able to use one like Korra too?

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vengefulshot  Online

@anthp2000: It's entirely possible, and I would hardly put it past Mings capabilities, but it was never shown.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot: Hype and Feat wise she should be able to do it, yeah.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 anthp2000  Moderator

I'm actually going with Ming Hua here.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very close battle. I think Ming Hua was extremely impressive, but I'm going to have to go with Korra. She can keep up with Ming Hua's speed using a spout, and overpower her like she did the twins. She's also got that showing against Unalaq's water arms.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42 said:

Very close battle. I think Ming Hua was extremely impressive, but I'm going to have to go with Korra. She can keep up with Ming Hua's speed using a spout, and overpower her like she did the twins. She's also got that showing against Unalaq's water arms.

But she cannot match that speed, only keep up. Ming Hua also has a spout and ice surf as well as insane agility:

No Caption Provided

Given how Ming Hua stomped the twins in 10 seconds... Also, Korra didn't overpower them. She made a spout that didn't even hurt them. I don't get why people get so hyped about that showing.
Unalaq doesn't have more powerful water hands than Ming though.
As for raw power, I made a thread about the Red Lotus and why they are such amazing against benders of their own element. I'll quote what i said about Ming:

In her fight with Kya, Ming demonstrates the ability to pretty much absorb the water she is attacked with, and outright use it to her advantage and go octopus form, becoming unstoppable:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Honestly, only waterbender I see beating Ming Hua 1v1 is Katara... IMO, the Top ones would be:

• Katara
  • Ming Hua
  • Unalaq
  • Pakku (could be 5)
  • Korra (could be 4)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:

But she cannot match that speed, only keep up. Ming Hua also has a spout and ice surf as well as insane agility:

No Caption Provided

Given how Ming Hua stomped the twins in 10 seconds... Also, Korra didn't overpower them. She made a spout that didn't even hurt them. I don't get why people get so hyped about that showing.

Unalaq doesn't have more powerful water hands than Ming though.

As for raw power, I made a thread about the Red Lotus and why they are such amazing against benders of their own element. I'll quote what i said about Ming:

In her fight with Kya, Ming demonstrates the ability to pretty much absorb the water she is attacked with, and outright use it to her advantage and go octopus form, becoming unstoppable:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Honestly, only waterbender I see beating Ming Hua 1v1 is Katara... IMO, the Top ones would be:

• Katara
  • Ming Hua
  • Unalaq
  • Pakku (could be 5)
  • Korra (could be 4)

That spout was both smaller and slower than Korra's. And using it was what allowed Kya to tag her (if she just grabbed her it would've been more effective).

They weren't able to reach or attack her. And against Ming Hua, who's style relies on CQC, a move that keeps Ming Hua away from her will be very valuable.

Unalaq's water arms may not be better than Ming Hua's but it's still a relevant showing against waterarms, and shows Korra isn't completely outmatched even in Ming's specialty technique.

I read your RL post, and it's good, but Ming Hua has her limits, and I'm pretty sure Korra can pass them.

I changed my mind about this match though. I think Ming wins round 1 and Korra wins round 2.

I usually see it as

*Unalaq

*Korra

*Katara

*Ming Hua

*Pakku

*Huu

With 2, 3, and 4 changing depending on the circumstances.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42

That spout was both smaller and slower than Korra's. And using it was what allowed Kya to tag her (if she just grabbed her it would've been more effective).

Yeah because Ming Hua has far too limited showings compared to Korra. Suggesting she can't do it is too much of a stertch when we've seen her doing that.

They weren't able to reach or attack her. And against Ming Hua, who's style relies on CQC, a move that keeps Ming Hua away from her will be very valuable.

Ming Hua is not the twins. She wildly jumps around. She can reach Korra standing on a spout.

Unalaq's water arms may not be better than Ming Hua's but it's still a relevant showing against waterarms, and shows Korra isn't completely outmatched even in Ming's specialty technique.

But Ming Hua doesn't use waterarms like other waterbenders.

I read your RL post, and it's good, but Ming Hua has her limits, and I'm pretty sure Korra can pass them.

imo, only Katara can pass them because of her insane versatality. Korra is all about raw power which is not gonna help her.

I usually see it as

*Unalaq

*Korra

*Katara

*Ming Hua

*Pakku

*Huu

I'm intriguted to say Korra > Pakku. I ususally say that Korra wins in a place like the ocean but Pakku wins in the North Pole.
Unalaq has great showings but he lacks Katara's versatality and Ming Hua's technique.
Huu imo doesn't belong here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42

Yeah because Ming Hua has far too limited showings compared to Korra. Suggesting she can't do it is too much of a stertch when we've seen her doing that.

Ming Hua is not the twins. She wildly jumps around. She can reach Korra standing on a spout.

imo, only Katara can pass them because of her insane versatality. Korra is all about raw power which is not gonna help her.

I usually see it as

*Unalaq

*Korra

*Katara

*Ming Hua

*Pakku

*Huu

I'm intriguted to say Korra > Pakku. I ususally say that Korra wins in a place like the ocean but Pakku wins in the North Pole.

Unalaq has great showings but he lacks Katara's versatality and Ming Hua's technique.

I know Ming Hua can do a waterspout, but it would be a mistake to do so against Korra.

How will she reach Korra if there's a gigantic wall of water in the way? Her arms have limits. And the twins actually have better ranged attacks than Ming Hua.

I know, but it's still worth including as Korra's only showing against waterarms.

Korra's got more then just raw power, even if that is her biggest advantage. Ming Hua can't no-sell skyscraper sized tidal waves, or integrate them into her body (unless I'm missing an incredible showing from her).

I'd generally favor Korra, mainly because Pakku seriously lacks showings.

Unalaq may not be as versatile as Katara, but he's very fast, mobile, and powerful. He also has possibly the best pouch showings. He has plenty of technique, and one way of seeing the gap between him and Ming Hua is that Mako was always somewhat of a challenge to Ming Hua, whereas he was an annoyance to Unalaq with a pouch and a speed bump to Unalaq with a river.

Huu's there because I can't think of any other good waterbenders (Roku could go there but he's only shown 2 moves), and he solo'd B2 Katara and Aang at the same time.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:

@mial42

I usually see it as

*Unalaq

*Korra

*Katara

*Ming Hua

*Pakku

*Huu

I know Ming Hua can do a waterspout, but it would be a mistake to do so against Korra.

How will she reach Korra if there's a gigantic wall of water in the way? Her arms have limits. And the twins actually have better ranged attacks than Ming Hua.

I know, but it's still worth including as Korra's only showing against waterarms.

Korra's got more then just raw power, even if that is her biggest advantage. Ming Hua can't no-sell skyscraper sized tidal waves, or integrate them into her body (unless I'm missing an incredible showing from her).

Unalaq may not be as versatile as Katara, but he's very fast, mobile, and powerful. He also has possibly the best pouch showings. He has plenty of technique, and one way of seeing the gap between him and Ming Hua is that Mako was always somewhat of a challenge to Ming Hua, whereas he was an annoyance to Unalaq with a pouch and a speed bump to Unalaq with a river.

Huu's there because I can't think of any other good waterbenders (Roku could go there but he's only shown 2 moves), and he solo'd B2 Katara and Aang at the same time.

Why?

Yeah, she can jump?

Yeah it's nice.

She can dodge them or she can just bend them away, really. Korra won't be great against other waterbenders who can simply manipulate the water with superior diversity.
And who says Ming Hua cannot tank a tidal wave? Waves aren't lethal.

Assuming he is even slightly better than EoS Katara I give him the win in the North Pole.

He isn't as fast or mobile as Katara.
Katara getting the better of Mai is imo as good.
That's ABC logic. Ming Hua is fasr better against waterbenders than against anyone else. And he wasn't really a challenge at all. She was toying with him. being more of a sadist =/= beig weaker. And Mako got better by Book 3 it seems.
Unalaq never beat Mako with a pouch if that's what you're saying.

They beat him at the end, he didn't solo them. And I think any of the waterbenders above can destroy him with piercing moves and mobility.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:

@mial42

I usually see it as

*Unalaq

*Korra

*Katara

*Ming Hua

*Pakku

*Huu

Why?

Yeah, she can jump?

Yeah it's nice.

She can dodge them or she can just bend them away, really. Korra won't be great against other waterbenders who can simply manipulate the water with superior diversity.

And who says Ming Hua cannot tank a tidal wave? Waves aren't lethal.

Assuming he is even slightly better than EoS Katara I give him the win in the North Pole.

He isn't as fast or mobile as Katara.

Katara getting the better of Mai is imo as good.

That's ABC logic. Ming Hua is fasr better against waterbenders than against anyone else. And he wasn't really a challenge at all. She was toying with him. being more of a sadist =/= beig weaker. And Mako got better by Book 3 it seems.

Unalaq never beat Mako with a pouch if that's what you're saying.

They beat him at the end, he didn't solo them. And I think any of the waterbenders above can destroy him with piercing moves and mobility.

Because both normal Ming Hua and waterspout Korra are faster and more dangerous than waterspout Ming Hua?

I don't think Ming Hua can jump that high, that water wall was both tall and thick.

She might be able to dodge, and she doesn't have the showings to bend it out of the way. That attack had two parts, the initial wave and then another surge of water afterwards. And what does "with superior diversity" mean? She got the better of Unalaq with waterbending.

Water weight/pressure would crush her. Even accounting for superhuman avatarverse durability she'd still be KOed and frozen.

I don't think he's better than EoS Katara, and I don't think EoS Katara would be Korra at the North Pole.

Unalaq? I'm pretty sure he is, and unlike Katara, he's shown he can fight at his best while moving at that speed, whereas she's shown extremely limited offense with her water surf.

Yeah, but Mai's a jobber. And I'd argue that Korra (fire) and Mako are better than Mai, even if they weren't fighting at their best.

I don't see her as being far better against waterbenders than anyone else. Kya was the fist person to tag her, not Mako. The only element I'd say she's bad against is lightning, for obvious reasons. Mako's best feats are in the book 2 finale, and he had backup (Korra or Bolin) both times.

Unalaq didn't beat him, but he was dodging or blocking all of his and Korra's attacks, and he casually slapped around Mako. That's just as good as Ming Hua did at Misty Palms, and Unalaq had less water, less space, more opponents, and no night amp.

No, he BFRed Aang repeatedly, and the fight ended when he had Katara tied up with vines and Aang came back to talk to him. They didn't beat him. Arcus wrote about it in his first AtLA/LOK major fight analysis post.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42

Because both normal Ming Hua and waterspout Korra are faster and more dangerous than waterspout Ming Hua?

No. Ming Hua on the water surf is faster than Water Spout Korra.

There's no water wall. It's just a regular water spout that didn't even hurt anyone, sure she can:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She might be able to dodge, and she doesn't have the showings to bend it out of the way.

Sure she has, every half decent waterbender can manipulate their opponent's attack it's what waterbending's all about.

That attack had two parts, the initial wave and then another surge of water afterwards. And what does "with superior diversity" mean? She got the better of Unalaq with waterbending.

It was just a wave...

Superior diversity means that Ming Hua is more skilled and versatile than Korra in waterbending.

Water weight/pressure would crush her. Even accounting for superhuman avatarverse durability she'd still be KOed and frozen.

Like it crushed everyone who ait water waves to the face?

A psychic bender like Ming Hua doesn't give a penny for flash freezes. Korra on the other hand can't do anything once frozen.

I don't think he's better than EoS Katara, and I don't think EoS Katara would be Korra at the North Pole.

Depends on what one thinks.

I do, and Comic Katara would beat her anywhere.

Unalaq? I'm pretty sure he is, and unlike Katara, he's shown he can fight at his best while moving at that speed, whereas she's shown extremely limited offense with her water surf.

Water surf is faster than spout.

Flash Freezing the giant serpent is extremely limited offence? Please.

Yeah, but Mai's a jobber. And I'd argue that Korra (fire) and Mako are better than Mai, even if they weren't fighting at their best.

She is but it's still a better showing than blocking 2 mediocre firebalsts.

I don't see her as being far better against waterbenders than anyone else. Kya was the fist person to tag her, not Mako.

And we saw how that ended.

The only element I'd say she's bad against is lightning, for obvious reasons. Mako's best feats are in the book 2 finale, and he had backup (Korra or Bolin) both times.

Mako's feats against Unalaq are awful. They aren't even feats.

Unalaq didn't beat him, but he was dodging or blocking all of his and Korra's attacks, and he casually slapped around Mako. That's just as good as Ming Hua did at Misty Palms, and Unalaq had less water, less space, more opponents, and no night amp.

How many attacks did he block again?

When exactly did he slap around Mako?

It's not as good at all. Mako couldn't even move on such a space, Ming Hua had him on the run in the Oasis.

No, he BFRed Aang repeatedly, and the fight ended when he had Katara tied up with vines and Aang came back to talk to him. They didn't beat him. Arcus wrote about it in his first AtLA/LOK major fight analysis post.

BFR =/= victory

Yeah he came back to talk to him by slapping him with an air blast, something that would have ended the fight if Aang actually wanted to fight instead of talk.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Basically Ming is one of those benders that can take Avatars like Korra or Wan without the AS imo. Ming Hua is extraordinarily skilled and fast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000 said:

@mial42

No. Ming Hua on the water surf is faster than Water Spout Korra.

There's no water wall. It's just a regular water spout that didn't even hurt anyone, sure she can:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She might be able to dodge, and she doesn't have the showings to bend it out of the way.

Sure she has, every half decent waterbender can manipulate their opponent's attack it's what waterbending's all about.

That attack had two parts, the initial wave and then another surge of water afterwards. And what does "with superior diversity" mean? She got the better of Unalaq with waterbending.

It was just a wave...

Superior diversity means that Ming Hua is more skilled and versatile than Korra in waterbending.

Like it crushed everyone who ait water waves to the face?

A psychic bender like Ming Hua doesn't give a penny for flash freezes. Korra on the other hand can't do anything once frozen.

Depends on what one thinks.

I do, and Comic Katara would beat her anywhere.

Water surf is faster than spout.

Flash Freezing the giant serpent is extremely limited offence? Please.

She is but it's still a better showing than blocking 2 mediocre firebalsts.

I don't see her as being far better against waterbenders than anyone else. Kya was the fist person to tag her, not Mako.

And we saw how that ended.

The only element I'd say she's bad against is lightning, for obvious reasons. Mako's best feats are in the book 2 finale, and he had backup (Korra or Bolin) both times.

Mako's feats against Unalaq are awful. They aren't even feats.

How many attacks did he block again?

When exactly did he slap around Mako?

It's not as good at all. Mako couldn't even move on such a space, Ming Hua had him on the run in the Oasis.

BFR =/= victory

Yeah he came back to talk to him by slapping him with an air blast, something that would have ended the fight if Aang actually wanted to fight instead of talk.

No, she isn't. How is Ming Hua's water surf faster then her own arms or Korra's spout? Korra can move at jet-ski speeds on her spout.

It was a water wall. Eska and Desna couldn't even move properly, and they only escaped when she stopped. If she does it randomly, then Ming Hua can get out of the way, and then jump over, but it's still useful for keeping Ming Hua away if she gets close.

Just because you can manipulate your opponents attacks doesn't mean waterbenders are invulnerable to waterbending, and Ming Hua has no showings at anywhere near that scale. The way Ming Hua redirects is to add the water to her body, which she hasn't displayed the power to do to Korra's wave.

Who ate water waves, and were those water waves anywhere near as large as Korra's? Closest I can think of is Roku's attack against his master, and that was from below, not above, so it wouldn't crush him.

Psychic bending can help with flash freezes, but not being KOed. And Korra's escaped earth entrapment before, it's not a huge stretch to believe she could escape a small flash freeze.

That's very easy to disprove. In a fight with no water at all, Korra would stomp Katara, and I'd argue for Korra beating comics Katara in an area like an ocean or the North Pole.

Prove water surf is faster than a spout. In the fight between Korra and Eska and Desna they were moving at about the same speed.

Yeah, it is limited offense. That kind of offense would only work against someone else who was surfing, not someone out of the water or on a spout.

He blocked five very fast fireblasts and tagged both Korra and Mako. I wouldn't count on Katara being able to replicate that.

The Mako fight ended with Mako being KOed and trapped, the Kya fight ended with Ghazan knocking her off the edge. And I'd say Mako's generally better than Kya.

I was talking about these:

He blocked five attacks (the whole fight lasted like 15 seconds before Korra airbent at him). He slapped around Mako right at the end before Korra blasted him. Both Mako and Unalaq could move.

Aang blasted the monster, not Huu. And neither Aang, Katara, or Huu was trying to seriously hurt anyone, but Aang and Katara didn't even know they were fighting a person for most of that fight (and thus not holding back).

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42: Because we've seen how fast it is. Who says Korra goes jet ski speeds?

First of all, if Ming Hua is close Korra wont even have the time to use this move.

Only if we're talking about two waterbenders on different tiers.

Many people get beaten up with waves all the time. No one Cates about the size, it's the potency of the water that matters.

How did she escape? I don't remember that.

Litteraly no one cares about a fight with no water.

I won't argue this here. I am in a Cav with Katara and Korra.

Ming Hua is not Desna and Eska. Katara is far closer to her level and she was outspeeding AoE comet blasts from Azula. That's a far better mobility feat than any water spout. Plus, unlike the spout, it can be performed faster and out of the water to a higher degree.

... Flash Freezing a serpent as big as a warship is limited offence? What else are you going to come up with?

I dont remember how the scene happened so I won't comment on that.

You're missing the whole point. First of all, Ming Hua was toying with both of them, second Mako only lasted that long because he was running away.

He is better than Kya.

Huu is the monster this makes no sense.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough battle. While Ming Hua is a monster Korra has shown tremendous skill in her native element(as to be expected). Not sure.

In regards to Unalaq defeating Mako 2 times you have to remember that book 3 took place 3 weeks after book 2 so Mako's abilities didn't change at all.