Korra vs Mako and Bolin (read op)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For this fight, Korra only has earthbending and firebending. No Avatar State. How will she fare against the Bending Brothers?

Fight takes place in the streets of a deserted Republic City. Starting distance 50 feet

Round 1:

No lightning or lava bending

All are in character

Round 2:

Mako can use lightning and Bolin can use lavabending

Brothers are in character

Korra is bloodlusted

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathHero61

Korra takes it. She is naturally more skilled believe or not. Fire bending is child's play for her and she is comparable to the likes of even zuko and azula in the category. Inferior yes but comparable. Mako and Bolin i cannot really describe them. But comparing Mako and Bolin to more skilled fighters like Korra or Aang, or azula and so on and so on, is like comparing Kamijou Touma to Captain America.(i am not sure if you know who Touma is though lol.)

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Korra would take this one after a high difficulty fight.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra should take this. The Lieutenant was able to take Mako and Bolin and Korra was able to beat him easily enough with just firebending.

Probably more to this with character growth and so on but that's the best I got for now.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: I think Korra wins but I'm gonna have to contest that showing on the grounds that they were able to take on some very deadly benders later on in S3. Remember, they have improved a lot?

We are assuming current versions.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: I think Korra wins but I'm gonna have to contest that showing on the grounds that they were able to take on some very deadly benders later on in S3. Remember, they have improved a lot?

We are assuming current versions.

Yeah its current versions. Mako and Bolin have improved a lot since getting beaten by the Lieutenant

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say the brothers take both rounds. Mako is the most skilled firebender here IMO, and with Bolin, he should be able to get enough hits in. Round 2 they pretty much slaughterstomp. While they are in character Mako can just lightning Korra in the leg or arm and KO her or Bolin can just liquefy her attacks send them back and resolidify them at the last second within his character.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say the brothers take both rounds. Mako is the most skilled firebender here IMO, and with Bolin, he should be able to get enough hits in. Round 2 they pretty much slaughterstomp. While they are in character Mako can just lightning Korra in the leg or arm and KO her or Bolin can just liquefy her attacks send them back and resolidify them at the last second within his character.

I always thought Korra was a bit more skilled than Mako, maybe not by Season 3 though. Lightning is dodgable, and Bolin has only shown very limited lavabending skill

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say the brothers can win since Korra is limited in her bending. She's an excellent firebender, definitely comparable to Mako, but her earthbending isn't as developed as Bolin's seems to be. She doesn't tend to use earth as much more than supplemental aid in her fights. It's also worth mentioning that she learned what she knows of modern bending styles from Bolin and Mako.

In this fight you're basically removing one of her two strongest elements. Water. It was her first element and arguably her strongest considering how easily she performs extremely advanced water techniques like the water spout. She's also without airbending which will limit her maneuverability, so she won't be able to dodge their combined offense as easily as she could otherwise.

Meanwhile Bolin and Mako have exceptional teammwork. Mako is just as evasive as Korra is going by their pro bending showings and is capable of going toe to toe with Red Lotus members by season 3. Bolin also has become a bit of a beast. Taking on Varrick's goons in the pro bending arena. That's nothing to shrug off considering he was limited to just using the earth discs. Once he obtained lava bending he was able to hold his own against a Red Lotus master, which again is not a feat that should be taken lightly.

She might be better with fire than Mako, but that alone is highly debatable, and she definitely isn't as good with earth as Bolin. Added on to that she is fighting both together. Bolin can focus on defense while Mako focuses on offense. This tag team style of combat has proven incredibly effective, and I just don't see Korra overcoming it without all four elements.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say the brothers can win since Korra is limited in her bending. She's an excellent firebender, definitely comparable to Mako, but her earthbending isn't as developed as Bolin's seems to be. She doesn't tend to use earth as much more than supplemental aid in her fights. It's also worth mentioning that she learned what she knows of modern bending styles from Bolin and Mako.

In this fight you're basically removing one of her two strongest elements. Water. It was her first element and arguably her strongest considering how easily she performs extremely advanced water techniques like the water spout. She's also without airbending which will limit her maneuverability, so she won't be able to dodge their combined offense as easily as she could otherwise.

Meanwhile Bolin and Mako have exceptional teammwork. Mako is just as evasive as Korra is going by their pro bending showings and is capable of going toe to toe with Red Lotus members by season 3. Bolin also has become a bit of a beast. Taking on Varrick's goons in the pro bending arena. That's nothing to shrug off considering he was limited to just using the earth discs. Once he obtained lava bending he was able to hold his own against a Red Lotus master, which again is not a feat that should be taken lightly.

She might be better with fire than Mako, but that alone is highly debatable, and she definitely isn't as good with earth as Bolin. Added on to that she is fighting both together. Bolin can focus on defense while Mako focuses on offense. This tag team style of combat has proven incredibly effective, and I just don't see Korra overcoming it without all four elements.

Nice points, I think who's better at earthbending is debatable, but Mako and Bolin's teamwork will definitely be an advantage

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 - Leaning toward both brothers due to Korra's limitations, but it's a close fight and has good chance to go either way. I think the 2 skilled benders vs the 1 skilled byt limited bender will give the #'s advantage to the boys.

Round 2 - Mako and Bolin. The lightning seals the deal for me.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

korra

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Korra would take this one after a high difficulty fight.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Korra takes it. She is naturally more skilled believe or not. Fire bending is child's play for her and she is comparable to the likes of even zuko and azula in the category. Inferior yes but comparable. Mako and Bolin i cannot really describe them. But comparing Mako and Bolin to more skilled fighters like Korra or Aang, or azula and so on and so on, is like comparing Kamijou Touma to Captain America.(i am not sure if you know who Touma is though lol.)

Kinda this, maybe not the Zuko/Azula comparison but Korra is more skilled as a firebender than Mako and more destructive as an Earthbender than Bolin.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Korra. Though the brothers are talented benders, but they lack the formal itrainingn the traditional ways. Korra is much further ahead in her fire bending than Mako is. Unalaq soloed both Mako and Bolin and I believe Korra is on his level.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra. Though the brothers are talented benders, but they lack the formal itrainingn the traditional ways. Korra is much further ahead in her fire bending than Mako is. Unalaq soloed both Mako and Bolin and I believe Korra is on his level.

Is Korra on Unalaq's level with just her firebending and earthbending?

@lvenger said:

@deathhero61 said:

Kinda this, maybe not the Zuko/Azula comparison but Korra is more skilled as a firebender than Mako and more destructive as an Earthbender than Bolin.

But can she handle their teamwork in a 2 on 1 fight?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Potentially yes as she's on the same Pro Bending team as they are and knows their moves, styles and tactics. Combined with her use of more than one element, it should tip the tide enough for Korra to eventually overpower Mako and Bolin IMO. In both rounds, especially when she's bloodlusted.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Nice point about her being familiar with their teamwork, by the same point they're also familiar with how she fights

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@lvenger: Nice point about her being familiar with their teamwork, by the same point they're also familiar with how she fights

True that they are. But what she lacks in backup, she makes up for in raw power and talent.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Z___

Korra takes round 1 with high difficulty.

The 2nd round is a toughie, a blood-lusted Korra is scary even with just earth and firebending, but current Mako & Bolin have improved a lot. So it's really a tossup.

For round 2 I have decided the bros take it for these reasons:

It's going to hard, but I think the bros win if they play it smart (which they will) as they nearly beat Ghazan and Ming-Hua together. And I agree with these points, Mako's firebending is weaker than Korra's, but Bolin's earthbending, defense in particular, is a lot better.

Although I don't think Bolin's lavabending is quick enough or professional enough to make a big difference in this fight (although it could vary on the loacation).

Also, lightning. If Mako can KO Korra if it comes down to it as a last resort.

Z'

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aressword

I feel the brother's teamwork would be enough to beat korra, plus prior knowledge of her weaknesses would be used as well a solid majority in my opinion.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Arcus1

Bump, any new thoughts?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump now that the finale's given us some more feats, any new thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brothers win round one. Korra's a better firebender than Mako, and a better earthbender than Bolin, but I don't think she can combine them nearly as well as Mako and Bolin can combine their own efforts, and in-character she isn't going to try and overpower them from the start, which is her best chance of winning IMO.

Round 2 I still give an edge to the brothers. Korra's firebending raw power is absolutely immense, but Mako's shown this:

Bending an explosion around himself-the only firebender with this kind of feat I can think of

Which should stop the brothers from being overpowered outright, which is the only the way I can see Korra beating the duo under these restrictions.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42: What has your gif to do with round 2?

(It's not bad, but he can use that in round 1 too)

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: I figure Korra's best bet of winning round 2 is to use this:

No Caption Provided

Which Mako can counter with the above gif.

She doesn't use that kind of power on people in-character though.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers