• 102 results
Symbolism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Symbolism

Korra. It's her strongest element and she's more agile than Katara. Also, she's performed the water spout.

Katara. Close, but Katara wins this with her superior bending and power output.

Katara. Korra has her weakest elements and it won't be enough.

Korra. Air spout and firebending will be a dangerous combo; too much for Katara.

Symbolism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Btw, what do you think, @arcus? You never answer to your own battles.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Arcus1  Online

@symbolism: op's aren't really supposed to favor any particular side, maybe debate as devil's advocate but that's about it. I could go either way

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC aang didnt perform an air spout in the series yet we still regard him as superior to tenzin even though tenzin could perform the air spout. Same with korra, she can do air spout but aang>korra in airbending. Why does korra's ability to perform a water spout automatically make her better than katara? Im not saying one or the other is better, just that some of the arguments are saying korra did water spout so korra>katara, and that is just wrong imo. Better arguments and feats should be given not just A can perform this technique which B cant so A>B, unless that technique is a deal breaker like blood bending (which katara can do but korra cant, but that doesnt necessarily make katara the better waterbender either)

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC aang didnt perform an air spout in the series yet we still regard him as superior to tenzin even though tenzin could perform the air spout. Same with korra, she can do air spout but aang>korra in airbending. Why does korra's ability to perform a water spout automatically make her better than katara? Im not saying one or the other is better, just that some of the arguments are saying korra did water spout so korra>katara, and that is just wrong imo. Better arguments and feats should be given not just A can perform this technique which B cant so A>B, unless that technique is a deal breaker like blood bending (which katara can do but korra cant, but that doesnt necessarily make katara the better waterbender either)

I agree with this! I think korra vs katara in waterbending should be its own thread

@arcus hi there! I think the korra vs katara waterbending match deserves a thread of its own. Do you think you could make one? You are very popular with the avatar fans so I think your thread could get a lot of good discussion about it

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Arcus1  Online
marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: pls tag me if you make one :)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Arcus1  Online
marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By marvelfan1992

@arcus: no i'm not currently :) i'd like to be though hehe

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Arcus1  Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Arcus1  Online

Sure, again remind me if I don't

Avatar image for lightenupwillya
LightenUpWillYa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys a waterspout is not a instant win and its something that can be used for Katara's advantage she can bend it you know...

Also people seem to underestimate Katara's mobility and skill. She did some nice mobility tricks in her first fight without even being taught. But Korra is creative and skilled also with her waterbending. I feel like Katara will win after a long hard fight.

I consider Korra's stats almost metahuman i feel like she will take the other rounds.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Arcus1  Online

@lightenupwillya: Korra's already bending the waterspout, it's not like Katara could just bend it without any resistance

LightenUpWillYa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Yeah I know but waterbenders counter each other's bending a lot and use it to their advantage. I'm just saying it could be exploited. Anyways Katara will take it either way with diffuculty.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Arcus1  Online

@lightenupwillya: maybe, but if it was that easy to counter the water spout it wouldn't be a very useful move and we wouldn't see benders like Unalaq and Korra using it so much

LightenUpWillYa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I'm not saying its easily counterable. I said that it may be by someone like *Katara*. It isnt based on any feat anyways I just said it is possible. Im not trying to drag out this conversation anywhere but I'm sorry being able to do watersprouts can say you are talented and can win you fights and can make you a badass like Pakku but it wont change a thing in round one is all im saying.

Sorry if this is hard to read im sleepy and hate comic vine on mobile

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Arcus1  Online

@arcus: I'm not saying its easily counterable. I said that it may be by someone like *Katara*. It isnt based on any feat anyways I just said it is possible. Im not trying to drag out this conversation anywhere but I'm sorry being able to do watersprouts can say you are talented and can win you fights and can make you a badass like Pakku but it wont change a thing in round one is all im saying.

Sorry if this is hard to read im sleepy and hate comic vine on mobile

ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pure speculation but how strong do you think katara was in her prim? (20s-30s?) i dunno why but I get the feeling she was probably the most powerful waterbender in the world and stronger than unalaq, korra etc (not including bloodbending)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Arcus1  Online

@martinceld: I think she'd at least be even with them (course Korra probably hasn't quite hit her prime either, she's what-mid 20s?), maybe stronger, who knows?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@martinceld: I think she'd at least be even with them (course Korra probably hasn't quite hit her prime either, she's what-mid 20s?), maybe stronger, who knows?

hmm yeah I could agree with that. Btw, do you think avatars in their primes are better at each element than the masters of those elements? I recall the flashback of roku's training and he clearly surpassed the masters of each element, and unlike in aang's time where he had to make do with whoever teacher he could find(still mostly excellent benders) roku probably had access to the best masters in the world

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Arcus1  Online

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra. It's her strongest element and she's more agile than Katara. Also, she's performed the water spout.

Katara. Close, but Katara wins this with her superior bending and power output.

Katara. Korra has her weakest elements and it won't be enough.

Korra. Air spout and firebending will be a dangerous combo; too much for Katara.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Arcus1  Online

Bump

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 anthp2000  Moderator
  • Katara high dif
  • Katara mid dif
  • Katara mid dif
  • Katara mid dif
vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By vengefulshot

IC:

Korra extreme dif.

Katara high dif.

Katara mid dif.

Could go either way with an edge to Korra.

Bloodlusted:

Katara extreme dif.

Katara mid-high dif.

Katara mid dif.

50:50.

Without morals Katara will be more liberal with her environmental attacks and whilst Korra has superior scale with her waterbending, she can't afford to spam power moves since the water source, whilst large, is not infinite. The most interesting fight is the last round imo, but rounds 1 and 4 are both extremely close.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1:

Korra has waterbending only: Korra should win very high dif, due to power and physicals.

Round 2:

Korra has earthbending and firebending: Katara should win high dif. Korra's a skilled firebender and earthbender, but Katara's better, and earth and fire don't really synchronize well.

Round 3:

Korra has earthbending and airbending: Katara should win very high dif. Earth and air synchronize well, but they're still Korra's two weakest elements, and I think that Katara should win more often than not.

Round 4:

Korra has firebending and airbending: Korra extreme dif or tie. We've already seen that Korra has zero issues evaporating large quantities of water while moving at high speeds in her fight against Unalaq, but despite Korra's offense and mobility advantage, Katara's good enough that she can't be discounted, and I'm not sure who'd win. It's worth noting that Katara also has very good feats against firebenders.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42: I actually find that the defensive nature of earth and the ground based offence it provides helps to compensate for fires lack of... well both of these, whereas firebending can provide a quick, powerful and reliable offence and mobility enhancement moves. I think the earth-fire combo is very well rounded, why do you think they don't sync well? And whats so great about the air-earth combo in your opinion?

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: The reason I don't think they synchronize well (for Korra that is) is because she doesn't really have any feats of using the two simultaneously (except for that one firejet feat in the finale). While Korra has good firejets and earth jumps, those are generally more predictable and less versatile/sustainable then spouts, surfs, or air-amped agility. Korra's individually good with both of these elements, but I don't feel she's very good at combinations with them. I consider Korra's fire better in tandem with her air or water.

The main reason I believe air/earth is a better combo than air/fire combo is because of how versatile air is. She showed in her fight against Unalaq that she can simultaneously zip around at very high speeds, attack and defend with the same move, which is more than I've seen from her earth/fire combos. She's got very good avoidance/defensive abilities thanks to air and earth, and while air punches and boulders may not look fancy, they're still decent offense.

Also, I find this move really cool:

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Arcus1  Online

Gonna give this a bump

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra all rounds tbh. She is the best water bender we have seen in the verse aside from the first water avatar we saw and Roku

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 anthp2000  Moderator

Katara all rounds. R1 would be good to watch.

MrGetMeBodied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

Korra all rounds tbh. She is the best water bender we have seen in the verse aside from the first water avatar we saw and Roku

FanFeatRT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra all arounds. Better at everything.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Katara wins all rounds but it's really close, especially in R1 and R4.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 could go either way.

Katara should win all other rounds comfortably.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 could go either way.

Katara should win all other rounds comfortably.

comfortably? 🤔

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id say Korra wins R1 and maybe R4

Loses the others tho

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra all rounds

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 cocacolaman  Moderator

Katara all rounds tbh

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Korra would need both air and water to beat Katara. Round 1 is really close though.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Katara for the four rounds, but the first round, which has been one of the great debates on here, is pretty close.