Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, Avatar Korra will test her elemental skills in a series of fights with the waterbender Katara, who will win?

Korra will be restricted to certain elements for each round. She is in prime physical health, but does not have the Avatar State

All fights take place in the spirit world by the Tree of Time. Time is perpetual twilight. Starting distance is 25 feet. Both start by water

Both are in character but completely determined to win. Victory by ko

Round 1:

Korra has waterbending only

Round 2:

Korra has earthbending and firebending

Round 3:

Korra has earthbending and airbending

Round 4:

Korra has firebending and airbending

Who will win?

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara Rounds 1 & 2

Korra Rounds 3 & 4

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara Rounds 1 & 2

Korra Rounds 3 & 4

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Lvenger

Katara is the superior water bender with more technical skill here so she can take Round 1. Everything else goes to Korra even with just 2 elements IMO. OP is stipulated in a way which does give Korra all her better elements here.

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Katara is better at waterbending than Korra and has fought earth and fire benders before with air even in Korra's time people aren't accustomed to dealing with airbending so Katara would struggle with that alone add earth or fire Katara won't be able to adjust

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: what do you mean it's stipulated in a way that gives Korra all her better elements? I just did every pairing for earth, fire, and air, water's the only element she's good enough at individually to have a solid chance at taking Katara with imo

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uchiha454: Katara's fought fire and earth benders sure, but that doesn't automatically mean she can take Korr. Korra's fought water benders before, doesn't mean she can automatically take Katara. Katara' also never fought someone who could bend both fire and earth. If anyone's going to be familiar with airbending other than an airbender it'd be Katara (ok and maybe othet people but that's not the point)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@arcus said:

@lvenger: what do you mean it's stipulated in a way that gives Korra all her better elements? I just did every pairing for earth, fire, and air, water's the only element she's good enough at individually to have a solid chance at taking Katara with imo

Apologies, I meant that outside of the 1 element Katara can outperform Korra in, Korra has the versatility and skill to overpower Katarra using 2 of her elements. Though perhaps I might be saying different if Korra were only using one element but that's not the question here.

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Learning about airbending and fighting it is kind of different imo with the resurgence of the air nation jinora ikki and meelo where still able to handle benders with ease zaheer was on par with tenzin for a while one of the best airbenders showing how difficult it is to challenge airbending even with advanced knowledge not to mention Katara has held off multiple dai li agents whereas Korra was overwhelmed by multiple opponents her bending prowess gives her a decent shot at bringing down Korra with earth and firebending

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

korra wins round 1. i think her waterbending has more power than katara's.

korra should win round 2, but it will be very difficult. her firebending should overpower katara's waterbending, and korra can get out of a flash freeze with her brute force/firebending.

katara might win round 3 and 4

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uchiha454: The airbending kids haven't really fought any notable benders, or many benders at all. Airbending does have some unique aspects, but I don't think it's any sort of auto win. Katara had to be rescued from the Dai Li in the first fight, she never really fought them in the Catacombs, and that comparison would only be applicable if Korra had fought the same Dai Li and done worse. @lvenger: ah, gotcha

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: interestingly you're the opposite of what several other people have been saying

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I don't mean it guarantees an auto win but that its a bending that is challenging to fight even talented benders such as toph failed to stop it and the moment that I would compare is when Korra took on eska and desna she was doing poorly even while utilizing fire and waterbending but a better fight would be Katara vs Ty lee and Mai and Korra vs chi blockers Katara faired much better in her second fight with ty lee than korra and her chi blockers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I don't mean it guarantees an auto win but that its a bending that is challenging to fight even talented benders such as toph failed to stop it and the moment that I would compare is when Korra took on eska and desna she was doing poorly even while utilizing fire and waterbending but a better fight would be Katara vs Ty lee and Mai and Korra vs chi blockers Katara faired much better in her second fight with ty lee than korra and her chi blockers

Toph's a special case as she's uniquely vulnerable to airbending due to her seismic sense relying on people being in contact with the ground. Korra started beating Desna and Eska, then the dark spirit showed up. Katara generally didn't do too well against Mai and Ty Lee

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@uchiha454 said:

Toph's a special case as she's uniquely vulnerable to airbending due to her seismic sense relying on people being in contact with the ground. Korra started beating Desna and Eska, then the dark spirit showed up. Katara generally didn't do too well against Mai and Ty Lee

In the second fight she did midly better and was able to keep ty lee at bay while not being hit by mai

Loading Video...

I don't think she was really winning only acquire some breathing room before the dark spirit came

Loading Video...

One of my favorite moments of Korra now I know that she was nerfed by the metal poison but she was still a monster and still unable to bring down Zaheer with his airbending

Loading Video...

Outside the bloodbending Katara is very impressive with her bending and proven to be able to take on a variety of bender even Azula albeit she was crazy

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uchiha454:

She had shifted the tide of the battle to her advantage.

Katara lost to Mai in their second fight and had to be rescued by Appa.

Katara wouldn't beat Zaheer with flight either. Yeah, Korra was dying in that fight, I think it's pretty understandable

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Oh yeah I know Katara wouldn't beat Zaheer I know she is leagues under Korra in the avatar state but that was one of her strongest show casings in the series wouldn't you agree?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uchiha454: except for the fact that she was dying, yeah, in terms of raw power at least.

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Well fine but in having all that raw power she was still unable to stop the airbender showing how good it is it took many air benders just to incapacitate Zaheer had she not had the ill effects upon her I honestly don't think she would've tagged Zaheer anytime soon and he would have escaped however I do think he wouldn't have been able to remove her air had she been at 100% but thats not really relevant in this case.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Well fine but in having all that raw power she was still unable to stop the airbender showing how good it is it took many air benders just to incapacitate Zaheer had she not had the ill effects upon her I honestly don't think she would've tagged Zaheer anytime soon and he would have escaped however I do think he wouldn't have been able to remove her air had she been at 100% but thats not really relevant in this case.

She froze Zaheer's foot, he was falling, she was closing in to take him down when she collapsed from the poison. Zaheer's a very fast airbender with flight, and the whole point of airbending is to be evasive

@frisky4 said:

Batman.

The correct answer is Aunt May

No Caption Provided

Completely irrelevant, but I love this, and it's my own thread so it's ok

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra rounds 1,2,4
Katara round 3

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara Rounds 1 & 2

Korra Rounds 3 & 4

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By GXrevolution96

@uchiha454 Korra has shown mastery of the waterspout and can ride stained spouts with ease, and can expand it into vortexes. Its move that Pakku needed a full moon to do. Korra, on the other hand, does it in her sleep. Not even Katara was shown demonstrating the move.

I am not saying that she automatically wins because of it; its just a factor to be considered

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By alphaeyght2

@arcus:

Korra is a better waterbender than Katara for me.. I don't know how Katara beat Korra to be honest..

Korra's firebending alone will gives her high difficulty, her fire has destroyed Unalaq's ice barrier to pieces before. and adding one more element will gives her great advantage, making her having majority to win..

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Arcus1

@alphaeyght2: why do you think Korra's a better waterbender?

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara barely

Korra

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uchiha454 Korra has shown mastery of the waterspout and can ride stained spouts with ease, and can expand it into vortexes. Its move that Pakku needed a full moon to do. Korra, on the other hand, does it in her sleep. Not even Katara was shown demonstrating the move.

I am not saying that she automatically wins because of it; its just a factor to be considered

If I am not mistaken this is Katara using a waterspout variant at 4:30

Loading Video...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara barely

Korra

Any reasons? There's four rounds

@gxrevolution96 said:

If I am not mistaken this is Katara using a waterspout variant at 4:30

Loading Video...

Sort of, but she's not using it with the speed and maneuverability others have shown in combat

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I feel her water bender is better in those areas than korra's bending, but when it comes to fire and air i feel korra is superior enough to win.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: In round 1 Katara can barely beat Korra.

Korra can take the rest of the rounds barely, with 3 the hardest, with versatility, agility or defence

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GXrevolution96

Korra could just launch 200 foot swells at Katara, and blow her away.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Arcus1

Korra could just launched 200 foot swells at Katara and blow her away.

She's only got waterbending for one round

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

Korra could just launched 200 foot swells at Katara and blow her away.

She's only got waterbending for one round

Thats what I was referring to.

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By alphaeyght2

@arcus:

Korra's probending feats showed she could be as precise as Katara, but Korra has more raw power, and generally faster. Katara is one of the best waterbender in the series, but i still can't see how she gonna tanked water as much as what Korra used to froze Kuvira's mech. Not to mention Korra could move with ease with waterspout, something Katara never did..

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Korra wins r1, 2 and 4, her water bending is above katara's and she will burn her in the other rounds, roast her like "suya"

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for vampiremaster952
VampireMaster952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara. Blood bending. I like Korra, but she would lose because if blood bending

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: A more tactical and better water bender imo.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for vampiremaster952
VampireMaster952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: totally forgot about the full moon thing my bad. Well then for the water bending round Katara, then round 2 and 3 Korra then 4 Katara again. Katara can't really deal with earth bending that we'll.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampiremaster952: why do you think Katara wins the rounds she does? And why can't Katara deal with earthbending?