Korra versus the hero gauntlet

AscendingSoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AscendingSoup

So i just now heard LoK ended and since it's over it means there's more feats we can draw from..

Each battle gonna be here.. No Avatar State..(That'll be unfair iirc) Current versions all. korra knows what a gun is

No Caption Provided

The Gauntlet: (No outside help, 100 meters apart,IC win by ko/death,heal after each fight)

1:Black Widow

2:Cassandra Cain

3:Bane

4:Batman

5:Black Panther

From here on down, Korra is bloodlusted and has full access to the avatar state

6: Spiderman

7:Wolverine

8:Static Shock (TV show)

9: Lex Luthor

10: Venom

11:Weather Wizard

12:Raven

13:Juggernaut

14:Wonder woman

15:Silver Surfer

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

nice battle. she's great at fighting, even without her bending or avatar state. she's incredibly strong, and very determined. her confidence helps her keep going, but she also tend to rush head first into things and then think about the consequences later. seasons 3 and 4 showed a lot of her raw power, but she still doesn't have the tactical prowess to go up against these peeps. even the street levelers would be difficult for her.

iirc, she can't really sand bend that well if at all, so that also puts her at a slight disadvantage. the beach scene means they won't be able to hide from each other or take cover, so they are gonna focus on ranged attacks vs gap closing, and she's not as good as they are at those things. the best option she has is to make a huge wave and freeze them in it.

the problem is that she doesn't have the speed to react to some of these. a lot of their gear and weapons would also probably insta-kill/KO her. (guns, sleep gas, etc.) plus she can't bend Vibranuim or Adamantium since they are pure metals. she might still clear up to Static Shock (she never really lightning bends, so he'd probably roast her before she can react) and it could maybe go either way with Venom and Weather Wizard, but not Lex.

her last feat of the show was energy bending a ~city busting blast and converting it into a portal to the spirit world, but i still don't see her beating the rest. everyone 12-15 is over-kill, even with the Avatar State. there's no way for her to beat them imo.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 juiceboks  Moderator

Natasha shoots her. This gauntlet is laughable.

AscendingSoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Natasha shoots her. This gauntlet is laughable.

I read somewhere Korra has Hyper Sonic+ reactions. If that's true, then bullets should be easy for her to deal with.

Of course, i should probably give korra knowledge of what a gun is..

Which is what i'm gonna do

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nomar

@ascendingsoup: She doesn't. There is literally one feat they try to use to make this claim. The feat doesn't happen simultaneously on screen though. It's an explosion she blocks with her air bending. Nobody in Avatar has hyper sonic reaction. The people who will try to tell you lightning, will exclude the fact that it's not natural lightning. It's an extension of fire bending. Also that it is a telegraphed attack.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 juiceboks  Moderator

@ascendingsoup: Ohhh yes, I forgot the episode where Korra reacts to that railgun Kuvira made. She also outran a gatling gun and defeated a 40 ft mech by earthbending one of Republic City's skyscrapers to crush it in that same episode. It's all coming back to me now.

AscendingSoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think this is 40 feet

No Caption Provided

And i saw a gif where she froze it by first blasting water onto it knocking it back some.

Here's a calc i found (not my words) about the explosion thing

"By rudimentary scaling the barrel was about 3.5 meters away from the door. Korra was able to turn her body and swing her arms at ~a 90 degree angle. That puts her arm movements alone just above 1m. This means Korra had at least 2/7ths of the explosion's velocity. The primary explosive of Avatarverse is "blasting jelly". IRL we have an explosive called gelignite which is commonly referred to as blasting gelatin. That detonates at roughly 6000m/s. That means Korra's at least mach 4. Now, I took a look back at the scene and the explosion nearly engulfs the entire room by the time Korra moves at all. but I'd say baseline hypersonic base Korra is a pretty valid assumption."

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: it wasn't 40 feet it was 25 stories and she didn't bend the sky scraper she threw Van sized rocks at it

Avatar image for passingthrough545
passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mr_nofunallowed
Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mr_NoFunAllowed

I'm cheering for Black Panther.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar: And not only that but let's assume for a second that the lightening that they shoot in the series is the speed of actual lightning. Okay, fine. But its turned into a massive inconsistency when you remember they get hit by flying bounders all the time. Is Earthbending lightning speed now, too?

Ugh, hate that argument.

AscendingSoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar: And not only that but let's assume for a second that the lightening that they shoot in the series is the speed of actual lightning. Okay, fine. But its turned into a massive inconsistency when you remember they get hit by flying bounders all the time. Is Earthbending lightning speed now, too?

Ugh, hate that argument.

This also implies for alot of things too you know.

To name one for example if you take into account why anyone uses ninjutsu in naruto. If their jutsu wasn't scaled to their actual speed, the speed of their elements would appear to be statues. So realistically telekinetically thrown elements should move at their relavistic speeds.

IM NOT ARGUING FOR LIGHTNING SPEED AVATARVERSE, but if someone again tries to bring up the argument that "they've been hit by much slower things" again, i would just like to point out that "inconsistency" would apply to a whole lot of fiction

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Without full Avatar State, Korra may have trouble with Batman. Equalists have proven to be very effective against benders, and Batman is everything an Equalist fighter is and more.

Hovant1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see Korra possibly making it to Raven and winning but she is not getting past juggernaut, Wonder Woman or Silver Surfer.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for passingthrough545
passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxcarzellxxx: I read the response take cues from the words being used imagine the person speaking the lines and figure out the emotion, that and I paid attention to Ohhh yes, which is a phrase that often is used sarcastically, followed by the fact the rest of the text was talking about things that never happened.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Stops at 1. Several of these characters aren't heroes.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can win rounds 1 and 3. Nothing more.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

either 9, 11 or 12

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 11 or 12

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Broadly speaking:

Rounds 1-5: She will probably win... unless her opponents get their hands on her, where they will just tear her a new one.

Rounds 6-9: Most likely win

Round 10: Unlikely to win unless she notices discovers Venom's slight weakness to fire.

Round 11: Highly likely to win

Round 12: Highly unlikely, nearly regardless of what version of Raven this is

Round 13: No

Round 14: No

Round 15: F*** No.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stops at 6 or 7