Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

.In this battle, Korra and Tonraq will team up to take down Unalaq. Can they do it?

For this battle, Korra has waterbending only. She is perfectly healthy, but cannot access the Avatar State

Unalaq is not the Dark Avatar

Fight takes place in the South Pole at midnight. A full moon is out (no bloodbending). Starting distance is 25 feet

Fighters are in character and completely determined. Victory by ko or death

Can Korra and Tonraq overcome Unalaq, or will the family traitor prevail?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team would win

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team, barely.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team should win this.

Unalaq is probably the best single vanille non avatar waterbender we've seen in the series, but Korra is really good too and Tonraq is capable of keeping him busy alone.

So the two of them should take him on without too many problems.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

i don't like unalaq that's why.. though i liked him in varrick's story on bolin..lol

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both were capable of giving him trouble or at least exhausting him alone. Together, they should take him with low difficulty.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@arcus:

i don't like unalaq that's why.. though i liked him in varrick's story on bolin..lol

hahaha yeah that was pretty great

Both were capable of giving him trouble or at least exhausting him alone. Together, they should take him with low difficulty.

Tonraq gave him a brief fight but he was still outclassed, he was roughly even with Korra with 4 elements so he'd be above her with just water

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team can take it

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team his brother went head to head with him and gave him trouble i see him and korra wearing down Unalaq and taking the trophy home so verrick can write a mover to make fun of it.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By GXrevolution96

Unalaq takes this. I don't see Korra and Tanraq winning this to be honest. Unalaq is a very powerful water bending master. I just don't see Korra and Tanraq tagging Unalaq on his water spout. He is way too fast and agile on it, and can somewhat fly. He was giving Korra A LOT of trouble even when she was using all 4 elements, and he was dodging most her attacks.

If Korra couldn't handle him with 4 elements, I don't see her handling him with just one element.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@arcus said:
@thatguywithheadphones said:

he was roughly even with Korra with 4 elements so he'd be above her with just water

how does that even work?

Using more elements hardly makes a bender stronger, if anything, korra is only performing with her best element here.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

he was roughly even with Korra with 4 elements so he'd be above her with just water

how does that even work?

Using more elements hardly makes a bender stronger, if anything, korra is only performing with her best element here.

Maybe, it seems to me that more elements is what makes the Avatar stronger, but focusing on water might be better for Korra too

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@arcus said:

how does that even work?

Maybe, it seems to me that more elements is what makes the Avatar stronger, but focusing on water might be better for Korra too

we know that korra isn't as good with air as with water.. If she uses water all the time, her performance will be logically better. Yes, more elements gives them more options, but that doesn't mean their performance is solidly better...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@arcus said:

how does that even work?

we know that korra isn't as good with air as with water.. If she uses water all the time, her performance will be logically better. Yes, more elements gives them more options, but that doesn't mean their performance is solidly better...

She had fire and earth too

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AvatarReiko

@arcus said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@arcus said:

how does that even work?

Lets not forget that Ozai was dominating Aang, who had 4 elements, including a comet amped one However, Aang was still on the back foot. The number of elements is irrelevant if the opponent is just flat of better with his one then you are with all 4.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@arcus said:

how does that even work?

Lets not forget that Ozai was dominating Aang, who had 4 elements, including a comet amped one, yet Aang was still on the back foot. The number of elements is irrelevant if the opponent is just flat of better with his one then you are with all 4.

Obviously Ozai was better than Aang, however Aang would have done even worse in that fight with just one element

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

Team should win this.

Unalaq is probably the best single vanille non avatar waterbender we've seen in the series, but Korra is really good too and Tonraq is capable of keeping him busy alone.

So the two of them should take him on without too many problems.

Cosigned.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@avatarreiko said:

@arcus said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@arcus said:

how does that even work?

Lets not forget that Ozai was dominating Aang, who had 4 elements, including a comet amped one, yet Aang was still on the back foot. The number of elements is irrelevant if the opponent is just flat of better with his one then you are with all 4.

Obviously Ozai was better than Aang, however Aang would have done even worse in that fight with just one element

My point is, Korra struggled with Unalaq with access to 4 elements. Her being restricted to one is a guaranteed loss.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: I don't see why 0_0

She will fight differently, but wouldn't using an element that's strictly her best throughout help her out more?

Let's say an avatar has mastered one element and is weak in two elements - He's fighting a fight where he uses all three element, then he fights the same fight using only his best element. The moves with weaker elements are a waste..

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Team

Dark-Nihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dark-Nihilus

Team.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She will fight differently, but wouldn't using an element that's strictly her best throughout help her out more?

Let's say an avatar has mastered one element and is weak in two elements - He's fighting a fight where he uses all three element, then he fights the same fight using only his best element. The moves with weaker elements are a waste..

Except that Unalaq is better than Korra's "strongest element"

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unalaq is better than both of them.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

Except that Unalaq is better than Korra's "strongest element"

And unalaq > korra's strongest element > korra's other elements.

Using weaker elements means she's not performing the best she can.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Team because Unalaq was a **** villain I mean because Tonraq can keep him busy while Korra has the power to take him.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Team because Unalaq was a **** villain I mean because Tonraq can keep him busy while Korra has the power to take him.

always an excellent reason

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team mid dif with Korra arguably soloing though I wouldn't count on a majority.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 anthp2000  Moderator

Why does OP say no bloodbending?

Anyway, Korra is already close to him if not on par with him. Tonraq might be out of his league but he is a distraction good enough to give Korra the win.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: I don't see Korra soloing him at all. The only thing she really has him beat in is raw power, and depending on how you interpret the chasm feat, maybe not even that.

Could go either way, Unalaq's mobility makes teaming him harder. I'll say team due to numbers and physicals.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42: Which is why she doesn't take a majority.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tektonic  Online

Well Unalaq near stomped Tonraq. Can't imagine him helping much.

And as great of a waterbender as Korra is she was considerably outclassed requiring all 4 elements. BUT that was S2 and she was all around better in every element by S4.

Kinda tough but perhaps team could pull out a win if they co-ordinate right.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna bump this since i just finished rewatching season 2.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Bump, I'm pretty torn. EDIT: If I really had to choose, I'd say the team.

Korra and Unalaq are roughly even but Unalaq is a tad better. Tonraq would normally be a non-factor, but him and Korra have oen of the best teamwork showings in the verse (their fight against Zaheer in Laghimma's Peak).

@darthfallax@deathhero61@arcus1 What do you guys think?

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way, or Duo. Korra and Unalaq are about equal, though Unalaq's skill gives him the edge, and Tonraq might be enough to give her the majority, though I can see Unalaq seperating the two for a short time, and then stomping his brother.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way, or Duo. Korra and Unalaq are about equal, though Unalaq's skill gives him the edge, and Tonraq might be enough to give her the majority, though I can see Unalaq seperating the two for a short time, and then stomping his brother.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team with mid-high difficulty