Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, the waterbenders Katara and Korra will take on the earthbenders Toph and Bolin. Who will win?

This is young Toph and young Katara

Korra has waterbending only. No Avatar State. She is in her physical prime

Starting distance is 25 feet. Victory by ko or death

Round 1:

Takes place where Katara and Toph had their "fight"

All are in character but determined to win

Round 2:

Same as round 1, except morals are off and bloodlust is on

Round 3:

Takes place on a rock beach (lavabending will work perfectly fine) next to the ocean

Morals off, bloodlust on

Who wins?

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Bolin and Toph might take all rounds IMO now I think of it. Especially the last two due to lavabending on Bolin's part and Toph's scale and power of Earthbending.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

All rounds? Any reasons?

@lvenger said:

Bolin and Toph might take all rounds IMO now I think of it. Especially the last two due to lavabending on Bolin's part and Toph's scale and power of Earthbending.

Korra and Katara have some pretty good power feats too

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aressword

@arcus: Yes, not easily but yes.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Korra and katara going against bolin and toph.

Water nation takes r1 but lose r2 and 3, bolin and toph takes r3 easily(probably).

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By johnfrank120

Team 1

Team 2 extremely barely

Team 2

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arcus1

@arcus: Yes, not easily but yes.

Care to share why?

Korra and katara going against bolin and toph.

Water nation takes r1 but lose r2 and 3, bolin and toph takes r3 easily(probably).

Any reasons? Korra and Katara have the whole ocean to work with round 3

Team 2 extremely barely.

All rounds? Any reasons?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: bolin has shown to use lava as projectile, against ghazan and the mecha tanks, couple that with his aim, you get two roasted water benders.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: check the ben10 apoc thread, i replied you but forgot to tag you.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: check the ben10 apoc thread, i replied you but forgot to tag you.

seen it

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: bolin has shown to use lava as projectile, against ghazan and the mecha tanks, couple that with his aim, you get two roasted water benders.

Korra and Katara could always work to counter the lava by cooling it down

No Caption Provided

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I changed my answer.

In round 1 I'm giving it to Korra and Katara, Bolin isn't likely to lava bend in round 1, there is a lot of water for team 1, Korra's water bending is less powerful than Toph's earth, but she can at least hold Toph off until Katara beats Bolin.

In round 2 I'm saying team 2 barely as Toph sounds scary bloodlusted and can impale one of team 2 off the bat leaving them to gang up on the other.

In round 3, it is the same scenario but Bolin can bend more lava to attack team 1.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In round 1 I'm giving it to Korra and Katara, Bolin isn't likely to lava bend in round 1, there is a lot of water for team 1, Korra's water bending is less powerful than Toph's earth, but she can at least hold Toph off until Katara beats Bolin.

In round 2 I'm saying team 2 barely as Toph sounds scary bloodlusted and can impale one of team 2 off the bat leaving them to gang up on the other.

In round 3, it is the same scenario but Bolin can bend more lava to attack team 1.

Why do you think Korra's less powerful?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: you are right there, but the lav will cool of to hot stones :).

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 goes to team water.

bolin ain't using lava against an old friend or a cute younger girl

With only earthbending katara can take him on quite easily, and katara could fend off toph for long enough to make have katara come and back her up, making it hard even for toph not to go down.

Round 2 goes to the earth team.

bolin lavabending is really dangerous, and toph simply ups the game power-wise, while korra still cannot use her full power because her best moves require tons of water.

Round 3 goes to water team.

Korra is epic with plenty of water around, she gets to create massive waves that she can flash freeze, water sprouts, concentric spheres of water...

i simply cannot see the team earth taking her down once she gets to the sea, and she will do.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

personally, i think team 2 have a good advantage in all 3 rounds. lavabending is a big factor, plus, toph can always sink katara into the ground (and we saw how well that worked out for her the first time)

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 : Team 1
R2 : Team 2
R3 : Team 1

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see toph taking down either of them one on one but i doubt she is taking on both of them even with bolin's help. Team 1.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arcus1
johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@johnfrank120 said:

Toph's earth bending is vastly stronger than Bolin's, and it took Unalaq to rip through his, granted Unalaq did it with ease. However, Korra's water bending is far inferior to Unalaq's, and Toph's is far superior so I don't see how Korra can rip through the earth with water. Toph has constructed huge earth constructs to withstand any 'tsunami' attack and has the offensive capability to tear through any ice shield.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@arcus said:

@johnfrank120 said:

Toph's earth bending is vastly stronger than Bolin's, and it took Unalaq to rip through his, granted Unalaq did it with ease. However, Korra's water bending is far inferior to Unalaq's, and Toph's is far superior so I don't see how Korra can rip through the earth with water. Toph has constructed huge earth constructs to withstand any 'tsunami' attack and has the offensive capability to tear through any ice shield.

When has Toph ever constructed earth constructs that can block 20 story waves?

I wouldn't say Korra's water bending is far inferior to Unalaq. I do agree Unalaq has the upper hand, but the gap is very small. Small enough for Korra to rival him. Korra's feat with the wave is the most powerful display of water bending we've seen in the show, and arguably Atla.

Bolin has improved since his fight with Unalaq. I highly doubt that Unalaq would have it as easy as he did in their previous encounter.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: Bolin has improved, but I feel like he is still below Toph, and Bolin at Unalaq time was a lot weaker. Korra wasn't just using water bending against Unalaq, the wave was huge, but Toph has made earth spheres that have tanked barrages of bombs and fire blasts with relative ease.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@johnfrank120 said:

You say that like only someone of Unalaq's power could breach Bolin's defenses

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@johnfrank120 said:

@arcus said:

@johnfrank120 said:

If you are using water to literally rip through the earth, than you would at least have to be near.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@johnfrank120 said:

@arcus said:

@johnfrank120 said:

If you are using water to literally rip through the earth, than you would at least have to be near.

But it's not like we've seen lots of other waterbenders try and fail to break through earth. Ming Hua's done it iirc

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@johnfrank120 said:

@arcus said:

@johnfrank120 said:

@arcus said:

@johnfrank120 said:

But it's not like we've seen lots of other waterbenders try and fail to break through earth. Ming Hua's done it iirc

When was that?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By johnfrank120

@arcus: Pretty sure Ming Hua was dead by then.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Arcus1

@johnfrank120: no, the one when the Red Lotus tried to capture Korra in Zaofu

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By johnfrank120

@arcus: Ah, ok. I'll check it out.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 anthp2000  Moderator

Round 1: Earthbenders

Takes place where Katara and Toph had their "fight"

All are in character but determined to win

Round 2: Waterbenders

Same as round 1, except morals are off and bloodlust is on

Round 3: Waterbenders stomp

Takes place on a rock beach (lavabending will work perfectly fine) next to the ocean

Morals off, bloodlust on

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Waterbenders. Even with that limited water source, Bolin is a weak link. Also Toph failed to react to Kataras water wave attack in the exact same location as the op.

Round 2: Earthbenders. Even though bloodlusted Katara is probably the most formidable here in general, her water source is far to limited to deal with Bolins much more liberal use of lava. Korra doesn't have enough to go waterspout. Bolin secures his team a solid majority.

Round 3: Waterbenders with relative ease. Once they make it to the water, Toph is basically nullified as a threat, since she can't see them. Korra has enough water here for waterspouts, massive flash freezes, Katara can spam huge waves and icicles etc. Team earth can't handle that.