Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, Avatars Aang and Korra will take on Princess Azula, who will win?

Korra is limited to airbending only. Aang is limited to waterbending and firebending only. No AS

Azula is sane

Fight takes place in the Crystal Catacombs. Time is perpetual twilight. Starting distance is 25 feet

All are in character but determined to win. Victory by ko or death

Who wins?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder

@norrinboltagonprime21@pooty@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1 @lvenger

@funsiized@princearagorn1@ssj_god @jmarshmallow

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde @etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@gxrevolution96@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@deathhero61@primebonnick@gizmorino @rijehu @myerlanski @koays @useyourname @stormdriven @hypnosis @pirateking @mitcheii @deranged_midget @abyssdarkfire @hatemalingsia @arv993 @dreadpool10 @batking200: @sirneko @loklegends @kingvenus @speedster101 @marvelfan1992 @martinceld @106me @therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007: @johnfrank120 @llehdevil: @darkdefender @hulkage @linark @just_banter

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

Hey someone posted. I'm not even gonna ask you for reasons

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gif time

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Koays

You know, I don't even get these notifications anymore....

Team narrowly pulls it off. Mostly because I see Aang failing at Firebending against her first. Once commonsense kicks in Korra airbends at her until their close enough to the pool for Aang to knock her down.

Does aang even have freezing feats?.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

You know, I don't even get these notifications anymore....

Team narrowly pulls it off. Mostly because I see Aang failing at Firebending against her first. Once commonsense kicks in Korra airbends at her until their close enough to the pool for Aang to knock her down.

Does aang even have freezing feats?.

yeah, notifications seem to be down again

This is the best I could find for Aang freezing

No Caption Provided

JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we using the adult Aang? I'mpretty sure he can take her on his own, but thats just speculation. Even kid Aang by the end of the series should be able to take her after a decent fight. Korra's not needed here.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we using the adult Aang? I'mpretty sure he can take her on his own, but thats just speculation. Even kid Aang by the end of the series should be able to take her after a decent fight. Korra's not needed here.

This is kid Aang. Why do you think he can take Azula alone with just water and fire bending?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Ahh. Figures....

Well provided you somehow run across this where's the gif from?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Generally I find videos on YouTube and make them, that's what I did for this one at least

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: By the end of the show he was a master of both. I just don't see why he wouldn't be able to handle Azula on his own.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jthree47693: he wasn't anything close to a master firebender (at least not on the level of people like Zuko or Azula) and he doesn't have the feats to really be a master waterbender

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Could go either way. Korra's airbending is a good challenge. But Aang is pretty rookit in water and is completely outclassed in fire.
It's 50/50 just because of the numbers advantage. However, if Aang has airbender agility I give it to the team 6/10. If Aang can evade and give a couple of blows, he can back Korra up and this should be enough to take her. But it is still a 50/50 mostly IMO because Azula is too clever to fall for distractions and that's basically the only advantage the team has. Arguments can be made for both sides. I actally really don't know :p
Wait, If that's EoS Azula then it's 50/50 and if I had to choose, I would go with the Avatars.
Current Azula with comic feats definetely takes it 6 or 7/10. Too damn powerful, fast and versatile.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 juiceboks  Moderator

@anthp2000: Aang is far from being a rookie waterbender, that's underselling his abilities quite a bit.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: I don't recall any great feats. Maybe a realtively good amount of raw power and an octopus form but that''s it. His earthbending is master level but his waterbending is just above average based on feats. And feats is the only thing he has left.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korras vastly improved with airbending and was pretty solid with it by the end of the series. Shes Azulas biggest threat imo, water and fire are not Aangs best as @anthp2000 has said. Honestly, Aang is just a distraction with those elements considering the fact that Azula is a firebender herself. Id say 50/50 for EOS Azula and 7/10 for instant lightning comic Azula.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 juiceboks  Moderator

@anthp2000: Blocking a blast from Ozai, instantly freezing an entire moat and creating a whirlpool with Katara strong enough to overpower the serpent monster are all well above average waterbending.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Team.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anthp2000  Moderator

@juiceboks: That's the raw power I was talking about. Nothing special considering that Azula fodderized one of Katara's best raw power feats nightime:

No Caption Provided

That flash freeze was nothing impressive and not a threat, honestly.
He created that whirpool along with Katara as you said and it took too much time. Katara did it in 3-4 seconds in the start of Book 3. He is honestly nothing but a distraction here.

It is above average but not even close to near-mastery.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duo

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duo take both rounds. Korra can arguably solo.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anthp2000  Moderator

The Korra wank is too much to handle.
Azula destroys either of them 1v1 and beats them both with mid dif.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Azula cannot breach Korras air defenses with firebending and so would have to rely solely on instant lightning which has been no-sold by characters like Mais boyfriend who broke his leg by falling 10 feet. That's assuming she could even tag someone like Korra with it, who's agility is excellent without airbending, never mind with it. Azula is completely outclassed in terms of mobility by someone who can zip around on an airspout. Korra can at the very least match her raw power too. Even if I were to give you the benefit of the doubt and say Azula can beat Korra here, there is absolutely no chance, based off of feats, that she would stomp Korra.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot said:

@anthp2000: Azula cannot breach Korras air defenses with firebending and so would have to rely solely on instant lightning which has been no-sold by characters like Mais boyfriend who broke his leg by falling 10 feet. That's assuming she could even tag someone like Korra with it, who's agility is excellent without airbending, never mind with it. Azula is completely outclassed in terms of mobility by someone who can zip around on an airspout. Korra can at the very least match her raw power too. Even if I were to give you the benefit of the doubt and say Azula can beat Korra here, there is absolutely no chance, based off of feats, that she would stomp Korra.

• ....Kei Lo dodged the lightningbolt...
  • I hope you do realise that Korra cannot jump around while in an air bubble. She uses it, Azula fries her. She doesn't, she blows her up.
  • Korra cannot match her in raw power in a billion years. She used the AS to throw an air blast and then magically blasted the mech several feet back again with another one lol I'm not buying that. The AS had plenty of effect. And even if you want to believe that it was her own power, then still not enough. Azula throws fireballs that KO some of the most durable characters in the verse. Korra danced around to make an airblast like that. If she tries it, Azula can simply burn or fry her.
  • Can you prove that electricity won't get throught the air spout and fry Korra?
  • "The benefit of the doubt" That's hillarious.
vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vengefulshot

@anthp2000:

....Kei Lo dodged the lightningbolt...

False, it flat out hit his shoulder with almost 0 effect, the striking power of her lightning is pathetic.

No Caption Provided

People who no-sold Vattu blasts will not be hurt by this. At best, they will be briefly knocked down.

I hope you do realise that Korra cannot jump around while in an air bubble. She uses it, Azula fries her. She doesn't, she blows her up.

No, if Azula spams lightning then she can dodge with her own impressive agility which is enhanced by airbending. If Azula uses fire she can block. Thats not even factoring in if Korra goes airspout.

Korra cannot match her in raw power in a billion years. She used the AS to throw an air blast and then magically blasted the mech several feet back again with another one lol I'm not buying that. The AS had plenty of effect. And even if you want to believe that it was her own power, then still not enough. Azula throws fireballs that KO some of the most durable characters in the verse. Korra danced around to make an airblast like that. If she tries it, Azula can simply burn or fry her.

In other words, you refuse to accept feats as they are in direct conflict with your delusional opinion. Her eyes clearly didn't glow and that was all her own raw power, again, accomplishing what a team of benders including the Beifongs, Tenzin and the ferret brothers couldn't in forcing the mech back and blasting it with enough force that even holding on to skyscrapers didn't save it, and those skyscrapes were consequently ripped to shreds.

Can you prove that electricity won't get throught the air spout and fry Korra?

Lol, that's funny, are you actually implying that airspouts will somehow "catch" the lightning and somehow redirect it to Korra? Because if so, that's the most absurd and ridiculous thing I've ever heard. This is not a waterspout, and if airbending is capable of redirecting and deflecting lightning like that then Azula loses a 8/10 majority vs Korra since Korra can flat out stonewall everything she has.

No Caption Provided

The only thing that's hilarious here is your questionable claims with a lack of evidence to back them up.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot: I'm gonna leave this for now because I don't know where to start from and honestly like you like to say "debating Korra with you is pointless" quite obviously.....

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Well sure, arguing a point when you have little to no proof is pretty pointless so I can see why you want to leave it.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatars. Korra's air is underrated and by EoS Aang's water was pretty solid as well. I don't see Azula dealing well with both of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra by herself could arguably match Azula. Aang's water may be mediocre, but it's something, and he's got redirection too. Team 7/10.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gunchar16

Comic feats for Azula? If yeah she wins after a good fight(too many restrictions for the Avatars)

Without comic feats? Draw or team wins barely(still many restrictions, but at least also a few for Azula).

(And Korra alone with Airbending only can absolutely not match her, especially not with comic feats)

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunchar16: What puts Azula so definitely above Korra with air? Her lightning has next to no power behind it without a charge, her firebending can't breach Korras airbubble move, her agility is at the very best equal to Korra with air, if Korra decides to go airspout, she loses any advantage she might have had in that department too.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By gunchar16

@vengefulshot: Sane Azula outclasses Korra vastly in mind and tactic(+ is basicly bloodlusted in character), and has enough agility and skill for openings and counter.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunchar16: Eh, sane Azula is one of the best strategists in the show. But in-battle tactics? She consistently relied on overpowering her opponents (which ironically is what Korra was criticized for), and typically met force with force. When she went up against an opponent she could not overwhelm with pure firepower, or someone with more raw power than her, she failed.

Overpowered.
Overpowered.
And again.
And again.
Deus es Zuko.
Deus es Zuko.

Give me an example of Azula using battle tactics to win a fight against a competent opponent without prep.

Azula is not more agile or elusive than Korra on an airspout.

I do agree that Azula is more skilled in firebending than Korra in air.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gunchar16

@vengefulshot: Well 1. attacking Katara(even through not sane) as distraction.

2. "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LjhoGfDe_M"(destroying as fast as possible Aangs glider, letting Zuko fall in the hole, the fire ring, used the surroundings to fight against the whole group, attacking Iroh as distraction)

3. Even the fight you posted "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-m-a9eZZac"(first the smoke and attacking from the side, then again use of the surroundings, then going after the most dangerous enemy(as we obviously see), then going after Aang to take him out(not completely) to attack the problem(Katara) together) And Deus Ex Zuko is just bullshit, that is how teamfights usually work.

4. Mindgames in The Day of Black Sun(2)(not in a real battle, but still)

Actually it's pretty obvious in basicly all relevant situations(which are pretty rare, cause the enemies were mostly too weak or in a big dissadvantage). I post more tomorrow.

Azula is not more agile or elusive than Korra on an airspout

She dont need to be more agile, she is agile enough to use her other advantages(and she had not rly much problems with the much better Airbender Aang).

She was always cold and calculated(before the breakdown), that's why she could even kill Aang in AS(temporally). Also a very big advantage against Korra.

And that's just without comic feats.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: To 4. it was planed, but several parts seemed pretty improvised(the lying with Toph for example), even if not again very tactical use of the surroundings(which also showed how agile and skilled she even in the series already was). She even used in 1. the surroundings, but not as good as usual(well and she was completely mental there, especially against Katara).

5. What she did to kill Avatar state Aang(temp.), also not planned.

That were all relevant situations i can remember, i would need to rewatch it for more.

But i think it's pretty clear that she is a great strategist and tactician

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly Azula would beat both handily (lol'd @ korra soloing) but two avatars is too much even if they arent complete monsters with the element. I'd say they very narrowly defeat her.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_lantern: I would say she would have a good chance with comic feats, but i agree for Eos(sane and insane)Azula.