#1 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

Who takes this?

Klingons: Horrible battle tactics unless Worf is leading. Consider it an honor to die in battle.

Goauld: Have a horrible ground attack force with slow moving energy weapons. Ships's are better shielded but less in number I would say. They also have more self preservation instincts about them as well.

#2 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Gouald seem inferior on the ground, but they can back up the infantry with death gliders and the like. In space Gouald are far superior. So Stargate takes this.

#3 Posted by boschePG (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Goa'uld. Everything you stated was right on point but isnt the Goa'uld tech based of the Ancient's design?

#4 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Goauld steal tech, and sometimes modify it a little. And this weaponry and tech is what gives them the win

#5 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Also if Anubis is fighting with is super soldiers he takes this easy

#6 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Which system lord is this?

#7 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

^ a valid question.

#8 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Some system Lords have very powerful empires. Also they have energy projection, brain washing and personal shields. Klingon cloaking technology could prove a problem in some battles though and I image the average Klingon foot soldier will be far more aggressive than Jaffa. Despite all the power Ancients gave Anubis he was kinda stupid, Ba'al is probably the most clever and cunning of all Goauld

#9 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@DireDrill said:

#10 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@DireDrill said:

@DireDrill said:

Apophis. Smart enough guy I think to take down the Klingons.

#11 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Cloaking Devices ftw?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#12 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Apophis is one of the more intelligent Goa'uld but ultimately his penchant for attrition will prove his defeat.

#13 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

wait, like an all-out war between the two? because I didn't think the Goauld were very cohesive. that being said, I'm going with Kilngons.

#14 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@DireDrill said:

Apophis is one of the more intelligent Goa'uld but ultimately his penchant for attrition will prove his defeat.

Actually you gotta give him credit for being the first Goa'uld to directly attack Earth. Unlike the others he actually bothered to get off his butt and take care of his enemies. If it weren't for pesky Stargate he would have owned Earth. The Klingons to my knowledge spend so much time getting drunk that they don't have anyone nearly as bright as the SG1 team. The only one that even comes close is Worf. And even he is no Data or Picard. The Klingons lack creativity and cunning. Apophis at least has cunning.

#15 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Martok is easily Worf's equal and he is the ruler of the Klingons. He took over for Gowron during the war with the Dominion and was handing the Dominion their heads before having to takeover. Klingons are plenty creative and cunning, their culture has just stagnated. At the end of DS9, Martok and Worf were going to bring about massive change to Klingon society at large.