• 52 results
#1 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep.

Morals off, bloodlust off.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Fisto... morals off Fisto would be terrifying.

sidenote: a Nautolan Sith would be super awesome

#3 Posted by Nefarious (18841 posts) - - Show Bio

Kit probably wins.  Interesting fight.

#4 Edited by Erkan12 (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage wins 10 of 10.

#5 Edited by shroudofsorrow (3159 posts) - - Show Bio

Kit Fisto wins just about every time. Shii-Cho is useful against multiple lightsaber blades and Fisto is just a fundamentally better duelist besides.

#7 Posted by ImBoredLetsDebate (468 posts) - - Show Bio

@raycat: Sidious wasn't even trying against Savage.

#8 Edited by Raycat (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@imboredletsdebate said:

Why ? He killed him already, lol.

Still he throwed Dooku with his kinetic attacks, killing council member Adi Galia, defeating Asajj Ventress and another council member Plo Koon is good feats, wait i change my mind, Savage wins 6 of 10.

#9 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23370 posts) - - Show Bio

Fisto should take the majority.

#10 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Fisto has more feats. And morals off doesn't help Savage. I really want to say Savage but Fisto takes this one.

#11 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23370 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Yeah. Its a long story but I was at a hockey tournament when I was 11 and I got a major migraine so I left the game and sat in the hotel room when TCW came on and it was "Monster" which is when he was first introduced and they had a marathon that played through his arc over and over again so I kind of fell in love with him over night because each time he seemed more like a BAMF then the last. *shrugs* So yeah... I do like him. And I got teary eyed when he died :P

#13 Edited by ShootingNova (15703 posts) - - Show Bio

Fisto does have vastly superior lightsaber skill, and Shii-Cho is effective against multiple blades, and is also quite a bit faster. This more than cancels out Savage's strength advantage.

Unfortunately for him, Fisto is really not much of a match for Savage telekinetically. It should still be enough for a victory, but Savage could certainly win some rounds.

Savage's durabilityhas enabled him to tank blaster bolts, but really, a lightsaber should be different, and we've already seen that a few times. Really, Savage's only method of winning is using TK to leave Fisto vulnerable for a kill, but I doubt this will occur for a majority, since Fisto is faster, more skilled, and has the advantage of Shii-Cho being effective against multiple foes (or rather, in this case, multiple blades), and under the pressure of such a barrage of lightsaber strikes, I don't think Savage will find much room for TK, especially given how unrefined he is as a duelist. And really, if a single lightsaber strike lands a mark, then this is over.

Still though, Savage could give Fisto trouble and even win several rounds - but Fisto should win 6-8/10.

#14 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3159 posts) - - Show Bio

@raycat: Rank means nothing. Feats do. Adi Gallia wasn't impressive and Savage did not really beat Plo by virtue of being a better duelist, he beat him by ripping off his breather mask. He's okay but Kit is beating him.

@deathstroke19: I happen to like the character too. I think he was a nicely realized villain, one who had elements of both his brother and Vader. With a combination like that how can you go wrong?

#15 Posted by ShootingNova (15703 posts) - - Show Bio

He really doesn't have Vader's tragic story, though.

#16 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23370 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by ShootingNova (15703 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is getting a bit off-topic. LOL.

#19 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: lol yeah :D @shootingnova: He has his own twisted tragic story though (being forced to watch as his friends are killed in the trials, being taken against his will by the night sisters,put under their control, turned into a monster, forced to kill his own brother, forced to join Dooku, forced to betray Dooku, abused by Ventress, and then is severely beaten and sent on a near impossible quest to find his brother, unwillingly becomes his brother's apprentice, called names by multiple people, and is finally left to fight Sidious alone which leads to his demise).

#20 Posted by ShootingNova (15703 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: Not sure about being forced to join Dooku. I suppose he was being used for Ventress's revenge, but still - that story is nowhere near as tragic as Anakin's.

Still though, I respect your opinion, but this is rather off-topic.

#21 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: Well it's not like Anakin was burned alive or anything....*sarcasm*

But yeah lol this is really off topic.

#22 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3159 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: Both did kill loved ones as a result of DS corruption (Padme and Feral).

And yeah, off-topic indeed. But it is a fun discussion all the same.

#23 Posted by ShootingNova (15703 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Raycat (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Rank means nothing. Feats do. Adi Gallia wasn't impressive and Savage did not really beat Plo by virtue of being a better duelist, he beat him by ripping off his breather mask. He's okay but Kit is beating him.

I don't see any feat of Fisto, exceeds Savage's feats... Fisto's only advantage is experience and balance. Thats why he can win 3 or 4 of 10.

#25 Posted by Michaelll1 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage wins.

#26 Posted by Strikerx (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@raycat said:

@imboredletsdebate said:

Why ? He killed him already, lol.

Still he throwed Dooku with his kinetic attacks, killing council member Adi Galia, defeating Asajj Ventress and another council member Plo Koon is good feats, wait i change my mind, Savage wins 6 of 10.

This.

#27 Edited by Bernomancy (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Kit Fisto would win he is a master of form I which makes him an instant badass since younglings are taught the basics of Form I and that is how much is usually taught of the art. It is actually rarer to find an opponent who versed in opposing this form than of makashi or Form II, at least for this era of star wars.

#28 Edited by ShootingNova (15703 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage is incredibly unrefined. He is really just brute strength. Kit Fisto is one of the most skilled swordsman in the history of the Order by at least two sources (off the top of my head) - and Shii-Cho affords him yet another advantage against Savage's multiple blades. Opress may have greater strength, but Fisto is not lackluster in that category, nor is he as physically susceptible as Makashi practitioners to kinetically overwhelming attacks , which is really the only reason Opress could really duel with the likes of Dooku and Ventress. If he tries to respond to Fisto's finesse and skill with brute strength, then he will be unsuccessful. Beyond that - Fisto has swung his lightsaber such that it appeared to be a cyclone of blades in Labyrinth of Evil. As such, there is also a notable speed disparity as well.

As far as telekinesis goes - Opress does have an advantage, but it's not gaping. Directly TKing other noted Force-users like Dooku and Ventress is above what Fisto has shown. Still, though - Fisto has redirected missiles and manipulated seven underwater vessels (and their respective droid pilots) with no strain at all. The advantage is not as noticeable as the skill/speed disparity.

#29 Posted by Erkan12 (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, bump

Sidious vs Maul and his apprentice Savage

Windu's friends ; (epic fail)

Savage > Fisto

#30 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's fair to say Savage is completely unrefined and just brute strength, or even that he's slower than Fisto. Yeah, the guy plays to his advantages which is strength, but it doesn't mean he doesn't like to use skill.

He showed skill when he got the better of Plo Koon, and exploited a major weakness in him by removing his mask. And he was engaging clones at the same time.

He showed skill early on when he trumped these two, flat out dodging their lightsaber strikes, disarming, using wrist grapples, and then chaining in his force power.

He showed skill by defeating Adi Gallia in a straight up 1v1.

And he showed skill by defeating/fighting evenly with Ventress.

As for speed, he's temporarily deflected omni-directional blaster fire from a decent amount of droids at close range.

Has created large after images, and showed some finesse here:

Basically the point I'm making is this. Is Savage as skilled and fast as his brother and other top-tier Jedi council members? No. Is he far behind them? Not entirely, no. And is he just a lumbering brute who never uses any kind of skill, speed or finesse, and relies solely on physical strength? F*ck no. He has a strength based technique, but he doesn't rely solely on it and has shown skill and finesse.

In terms of this thread Fisto should win only 6/10, due to the fact Savage has a very formidable strength-based style and is superior telekinetically by a decent margin. Although there are plenty of scenarios where Fisto could be cut down. Fisto is the better duelist and maybe a bit faster, but if he is it's a negligible difference in speed.

#31 Posted by dondave (34666 posts) - - Show Bio

Fisto

#32 Posted by Penderor (1230 posts) - - Show Bio

Fisto cuz he is green. And I like green more than yellow.

#33 Edited by Erkan12 (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords

I think this fight goes like Adi Galia battle, Fisto can try to hit Savage but it would be non effective, probably Savage throws him with the force like he did to Galia, then finishes him.

Also ripping of Plo Koon's mask shows that Savage's speed is also superior to Koon's. Koon should've protected himself, especially his mask.

And outmatching Asajj Ventress another good feat. I don't think that Fisto can do any of these.

#34 Posted by Reiper (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage stomps...

#35 Edited by Erkan12 (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

@reiper said:

Savage stomps...

I am sure Savage can take the majority.

#36 Posted by Penderor (1230 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12: Do you realise this is morals off Fisto right?

#37 Posted by Erkan12 (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

@penderor said:

@erkan12: Do you realise this is morals off Fisto right?

Fisto is inferior to Savage in everyway IMO.

#38 Edited by martinceld (370 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's fair to say Savage is completely unrefined and just brute strength, or even that he's slower than Fisto. Yeah, the guy plays to his advantages which is strength, but it doesn't mean he doesn't like to use skill.

He showed skill when he got the better of Plo Koon, and exploited a major weakness in him by removing his mask. And he was engaging clones at the same time.

He showed skill early on when he trumped these two, flat out dodging their lightsaber strikes, disarming, using wrist grapples, and then chaining in his force power.

He showed skill by defeating Adi Gallia in a straight up 1v1.

And he showed skill by defeating/fighting evenly with Ventress.

As for speed, he's temporarily deflected omni-directional blaster fire from a decent amount of droids at close range.

Has created large after images, and showed some finesse here:

Basically the point I'm making is this. Is Savage as skilled and fast as his brother and other top-tier Jedi council members? No. Is he far behind them? Not entirely, no. And is he just a lumbering brute who never uses any kind of skill, speed or finesse, and relies solely on physical strength? F*ck no. He has a strength based technique, but he doesn't rely solely on it and hasshown skill and finesse.

In terms of this thread Fisto should win only 6/10, due to the fact Savage has a very formidable strength-based style and is superior telekinetically by a decent margin. Although there are plenty of scenarios where Fisto could be cut down. Fisto is the better duelist and maybe a bit faster, but if he is it's a negligible difference in speed.

where are the scans (the ones below the videos) from?

and as for the topic, I think fisto can take this 6/10 times

#39 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@martinceld:

These?:

They're from Darth Maul - Death Sentence

#40 Posted by martinceld (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@martinceld:

These?:

They're from Darth Maul - Death Sentence

yup those, thanks! btw did you guys end up doing the plo koon and fisto vs maul savage or did you go for revan and shan vs maul savage?

#41 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

@martinceld: Maul and Savage vs Revan and Shan happened.. but it didn't end too fruitfully. I linked you to the Koon and Fisto CaV on another thread.

#42 Posted by Jslayer11 (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage stomps

#43 Posted by martinceld (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@martinceld: Maul and Savage vs Revan and Shan happened.. but it didn't end too fruitfully. I linked you to the Koon and Fisto CaV on another thread.

ah yes. thanks! :)

#44 Posted by martinceld (370 posts) - - Show Bio

so is there a general consensus on a winner?

#45 Posted by ShootingNova (15703 posts) - - Show Bio

Fisto.

#46 Posted by Eisenfauste (7357 posts) - - Show Bio

Still fisto.

#47 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I remember when I made this thread!

Fisto.

#48 Posted by i_like_swords (13291 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure why this was bumped again. The answer is still Fisto.

#49 Posted by Erkan12 (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Savage 10 / 10.

#50 Posted by ShootingNova (15703 posts) - - Show Bio

Fisto is faster, more skilful, and Shii-Cho affords him an edge.