Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Penderor

Random encounter, morals off.

Duel takes place there ( they are not allowed to buff themselves here).

No Caption Provided

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit. His dueling feats are better, his speed feats are better, his Force feats are better, etc.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wolfrazer  Online

Trying again seeing as my post didn't show, but yeah...Fisto has this. Cin Drallig only has character statements/sourcebook things about him, which from that we can gauge he is a great duelist(he was the best duelist in the temple during the Clone attack, but the only other real Jedi Master there was Shaak Ti who isn't all that great herself). But then...so is Fisto who has actual feats to his name and so forth, the only 'feat' that Cin has is dying by Anakin. <<....Wish there was more on Cin as he is one of my fav characters, but that isn't so.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Penderor

@wolfrazer: That part with his only feat made me laugh :D

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#5 shroudofsorrow  Online

Kit Fisto wins this. Cin may have some nice accolades, but Kit has accolades too, as well as Force feats, which Cin is lacking in. And honestly, beating GG is better than losing soundly to Anakin in my book, even taking into account Kit's Shii-Cho advantage. It's a decent fight but Kit wins this.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wolfrazer  Online
MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kit Fisto 10/10. Cin Drallig is all talk and reputation - no showings at all except getting creamed by a hindered Anakin.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisto

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: How was Anakin hindered?

And nice, you have Darth Tenebrous as your avatar now.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Erkan12

Cin Drallig unless underwater.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: He didn't fully embrace the dark side and that caused some level of emotional conflict.

Yep.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@erkan12: How is this overrating Fisto when Cin has nothing but character/sourcebook statements? Fisto has those + actual showings. The ONLY actual showing that Cin has is from the ROTS video game, which the fight isn't canon so can't be used here.

I'm a big fan of Cin Drallig, but he isn't gonna win with only character/sourcebook statements about him. He needs to have more on him than just that.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Erkan12

@wolfrazer:

Dooku said, Cin would destroy Grievous with ease. (Labyrinth of Evil novel)

And in that game, stated as his abilities are ''nearly unparalleled'' I don't remember any source saying this for Fisto or I didn't see any praise from someone good as Dooku.

Fisto's best feat I believe losing to Ventress. Cin wasn't swordmaster of the order for nothing, I am not saying Cin wins with ease though.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShootingNova

Cin got wrecked by Anakin who was hindered.

Ventress won because Makashi was designed as a counter for Shii-Cho. Fisto casually wrecked a pair of Magnaguards in a trilogy where three of them were beyond Kenobi's ability to defeat - and Cin has no feats. He's just reputation. Also, Dooku never said Cin would destroy Grievous, only that he could win, and he was angry at Grievous at the time.

And LoE is a novel, not a game.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Not to mention that statements don't mean much when they're not evidentially supported, and they're not here.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which would explain an awful lot.

To be fair, I do recall a number of these accolades myself, so I don't assume him to be making up information or anything of the sorts.

To elucidate on what I said in case it was misinterpreted, while I do think Fisto should win every time on the account of Drallig being featless, I would expect this fight to be decent and somewhat challenging for Fisto. Drallig does know Makashi, which is a counter for Shii-Cho. However, whether he would be as skilled as Ventress is debatable and I honestly don't think so.

His status as the Battlemaster of the Order is indicative of some level of skill, which his accolades can attest to, but then, such a status would logically render him one of the Order's most proficient swordsmen, which, as I recall, at least one accolade suggests, but I am dubious about this because of the lack of challenge he presented to Anakin even while the latter was Choking other padawans and potentially marginally hindered due to his (at the time) uncontrolled emotions. Regarding Dooku's high opinion of him, I can, in turn, cite Mace Windu's, Shaak Ti's and Obi-Wan Kenobi's high opinion of Fisto, especially the latter one in which Fisto was regarded as not just one of the best swordsmen in the Order at the time, but in the history of the Order itself, an accolade I don't ever recall Drallig receiving.

With respects to Drallig's own technical proficiency and knowledge that he seemed to express in Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force, I would counter by saying it failed to make any difference when he fought Vader in the Jedi temple. Now, to be fair, Djem So's weakness is its lack of mobility, not so much a specific form, and Shii-Cho is directly countered by Makashi, but then the issue becomes that Fisto is simply more skilled than Drallig. That said, Fisto may be as fast as Anakin, but not as skilled (he should be marginally inferior) or as strong or as brutal. But then, it should also be noted that Anakin was also fighting one-handed (he was also choking Bene) and his emotions were somewhat conflicted at the time, which would caused had a level of hindrance to his abilities. I wouldn't say Fisto would outfight Drallig with as much ease/lack of real challenge as Anakin did, especially since, again, Drallig knows Makashi, but he should still win almost every time.

Fisto is just superior in the Force and in speed, given his preponderant feats in those regards. With respects to skill feats, again, Drallig is completely lacking and his loss to Anakin is not something I would consider a high showing. Fisto, on the other hand, has at least overwhelmed TCW Grievous (although honestly, he had the advantage of Shii-Cho and I don't necessarily doubt that Drallig could do the same) and has casually outfought a pair of Magnaguards, which is worth noting considering this wasn't just a pair of fodder Magnaguards - the fight occurred within a trilogy where three of them legitimately challenged Obi-Wan, who is certainly superior to Drallig as a combatant. Now, Fisto also somewhat enjoyed the benefits of Shii-Cho in that fight, which he wouldn't here (and again, Drallig knows Makashi), but as a feat, this does exceed anything Drallig has ever shown. Cin needs more than just accolades to be the proficient fighter he's often made out to be - especially since accolades are not always reliable (Luminara being stated to be regarded as capable of easily matching Count Dooku in a swordsfight, but then losing to Ventress).

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Erkan12

@shootingnova said:

And LoE is a novel, not a game.

I didn't said it is.

There are two source, novel and game.

@shootingnova said:

@shroudofsorrow: He gets his information off Wookieepedia.

Wrong again. I give the information to wookiepedia. You are making comments without reading most of the SW comics.

@shroudofsorrow said:

Which would explain an awful lot.

You didn't even know what Mace Windu's title was.

@shootingnova said:
in turn, cite Mace Windu's, Shaak Ti's and Obi-Wan Kenobi's high opinion of Fisto, especially the latter one in which Fisto was regarded as not just one of the best swordsmen in the Order at the time, but in the history of the Order itself, an accolade I don't ever recall Drallig receiving.
I am really curious, which source said this ???
Fisto has no duel feat either. Only one, and he lost to Ventress.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

I didn't said it is.

There are two source, novel and game.

Wrong again.

1. You seemed to be implying it.

2. Yes, I know. You were using the RotS video game and the novel Labyrinth of Evil.

3. Really? You conceded to this in the past, and you definitely haven't read LoE before which you revealed in the other thread.

Not that any of this matters. I stand by my assessment, which, to be honest, should seem fair even to you.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

I am really curious, which source said this ???

I told you before and you ignored me. The RotS novel, in which Mace Windu, Shaak Ti and Obi-Wan Kenobi, respectively, said this.

"I have chosen four of our best. Master Tiin, Master Kolar, and Master Fisto are all here, in the Temple. They are preparing already."

"What about Skywalker? The chosen one."

"Too much of a risk," Mace replied. "I am the fourth."

"Anakin, why? The Masters are the best of the Order. What can you possibly do?"

Now Obi-Wan did face him. "Palpatine faced Mace and Agen and Kit and Saesee - four of the greatest swordsmen our Order has ever produced. By himself. Even both of us together wouldn't have a chance."

Source: Revenge of the Sith

Fisto has no any good duel accomplishment.

Would you care to read my posts before making statements like this again?

and has casually outfought a pair of Magnaguards, which is worth noting considering this wasn't just a pair of fodder Magnaguards - the fight occurred within a trilogy where three of them legitimately challenged Obi-Wan, who is certainly superior to Drallig as a combatant.
Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Erkan12

@shootingnova:

magnaguards are not jedi, dark jedi or sith. Fisto is even behind of Qui-Gon about this.

"I have chosen four of our best. Master Tiin, Master Kolar, and Master Fisto are all here, in the Temple. They are preparing already."

"What about Skywalker? The chosen one."

"Too much of a risk," Mace replied. "I am the fourth."

"Anakin, why? The Masters are the best of the Order. What can you possibly do?"

Now Obi-Wan did face him. "Palpatine faced Mace and Agen and Kit and Saesee - four of the greatest swordsmen our Order has ever produced. By himself. Even both of us together wouldn't have a chance."

Source: Revenge of the Sith

I know these, Fisto himself said Obi-Wan is superior as well, Windu only choose the convenient ones, which fisto-kolar-tiin were in the temple.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ShootingNova

@erkan12: Fisto never said Kenobi was superior, only that he would have felt safer if the company was joined by Kenobi. Since the company includes Windu, I'm assuming your logic would indicate that Kenobi > Windu? You also neglected Shaak Ti and Obi-Wan's quotes.

And you still ignored everything I said. These aren't fodder Magnaguards - these are the ones where three of them were supposedly beyond Kenobi's level of ability to combat.

Seriously, stop lowballing characters and then claiming other people are biased, highball this, lowball that, don't know anything about the subject, etc.

Let's be honest - Cin Drallig has no feats at all except getting wrecked by a hindered Anakin who was fighting with one hand. All he is is lip-service. After all, going by these accolades, Luminara Unduli can easily match Count Dooku as a swordsman.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@erkan12: I think you're goal in Star Wars battles is to just blatantly disagree with the overwhelming majority. Lol.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Erkan12

@jaken7 said:

@erkan12: I think you're goal in Star Wars battles is to just blatantly disagree with the overwhelming majority. Lol.

So ? Majority doesn't matter, knowledge is. For example @shroudofsorrow doesn't even knew what Windu's title was.

@shootingnova said:

@erkan12: Fisto never said Kenobi was superior, only that he would have felt safer if the company was joined by Kenobi. Since the company includes Windu, I'm assuming your logic would indicate that Kenobi > Windu? You also neglected Shaak Ti and Obi-Wan's quotes.

And you still ignored everything I said. These aren't fodder Magnaguards - these are the ones where three of them were supposedly beyond Kenobi's level of ability to combat.

Seriously, stop lowballing characters and then claiming other people are biased, highball this, lowball that, don't know anything about the subject, etc.

Let's be honest - Cin Drallig has no feats at all except getting wrecked by a hindered Anakin who was fighting with one hand. All he is is lip-service. After all, going by these accolades, Luminara Unduli can easily match Count Dooku as a swordsman.

Windu was already superior (confirmed as second strongest of the order) and he was the leader of there. I hope you will not deny this. As a master of the order, and he selected them already. But on the other hand Obi-Wan has no such a title which proves is superior to Fisto. This is the difference.

I am saying highballing, you are saying lowballing. This is difference of opinions. But apparently you guys can't stand other opinions which there is different than yours. For example I was making comment about Fisto, then you and @shroudofsorrow show up and start to make comment about me and you guys turning these debates personal. While I am making comments about only topics.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShootingNova
@erkan12 said:

Windu was already superior (confirmed as second strongest of the order) and he was the leader of there. I hope you will not deny this. As a master of the order, and he selected them already. But on the other hand Obi-Wan has no such a title which proves is superior to Fisto. This is the difference.

I am saying highballing, you are saying lowballing. This is difference of opinions. But apparently you guys can't stand other opinions which there is different than yours. For example I was making comment about Fisto, then you and @shroudofsorrow show up and start to make comment about me and you guys turning these debates personal. While I am making comments about only topics.

1.Or rather, you might want to read and respond to my post next time instead of going off on irrelevant tangents.

2. LOL. You always insult us about how we're so arrogant and inhumane, but you insulted us first. I posted my opinion first, and you immediately added a "Fisto is overrated, as always". You were the first person to insult people in this thread. I never even replied to you until just then. Let's stop frauding other people for what we did, yes?

And considering you were the first one to throw insults, I think this shouldn't be your line. You should be the one to stop just taking out-of-context or false evidence just to disagree with the vast majority of threads. I don't want to be demeaning or offend you, but that's really what I'm perceiving.

And for that matter, since you always portray yourself as heroically mature and us as so childishly immature, you might be the one who stops responding to us first, instead of us not responding to you. Again, you came at us first, in this thread. Why this indicates how lackluster our civility is when you always add these extraneous edgewise comments at the end of your posts to insult us before we even post in threads is well and truly beyond my understanding.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Erkan12

@shootingnova said:

1.Or rather, you might want to read and respond to my post next time instead of going off on irrelevant tangents.

2. LOL. You always insult us about how we're so arrogant and inhumane, but you insulted us first. I posted my opinion first, and you immediately added a "Fisto is overrated, as always". You were the first person to insult people in this thread.

I never even replied to you until just then. Let's stop frauding other people for what we did, yes?

Saying ''overrated'' is an insult now ? If it is you are right, but I don't think it is.

Actually I would be happy, if you guys don't ever reply to me, I am just using my SW knowledge and making objective comments. If you guys will not reply to me like this, then I can give up about using ''overrated'' term as well.

And considering you were the first one to throw insults, I think this shouldn't be your line. You should be the one to stop just taking out-of-context or false evidence just to disagree with the vast majority of threads. I don't want to be demeaning or offend you, but that's really what I'm perceiving.

And for that matter, since you always portray yourself as heroically mature and us as so childishly immature, you might be the one who stops responding to us first, instead of us not responding to you. Again, you came at us first, in this thread. Why this indicates how lackluster our civility is when you always add these extraneous edgewise comments at the end of your posts to insult us before we even post in threads is well and truly beyond my understanding.

Alright I edited ''Fisto overrated'' part. There shouldn't be any problem now.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The funny thing is that he was addressing us first. But if his wish is for us to go our separate ways, then so be it. I'm only trying to post objective opinions myself (and to be honest, I have the urge to claim that when he said "objective", he was trying to come at me).

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor:

Drallig takes the win here. A superior duelist with contendable Force Prowess.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12:

Good observations - seems we are a minority here.

And for the records, reputations are aqquired by feats. Just because we do not know them, does not mean we can discard titles and accolades as "all talk."

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit.

Vitisid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit kills him.

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit, but doesn't the ROTS game detail Cin giving KF Vader a good fight?

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader:

The video game. The novel and movie, which take precedence over the game, depict Drallig being three-shotted by Skywalker.

As for who wins, the answer is obviously Fisto.

Vitisid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader: Well, the highest-ranking source (the movie) shows that the duel was really short. I think DN states that the duel was really short as well.

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader:

The video game. The novel and movie, which take precedence over the game, depict Drallig being three-shotted by Skywalker.

As for who wins, the answer is obviously Fisto.

yeah, I know about that. I just thought that the Video Game would boos his standing ever so slightly, but I digress. FISTO

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say. Dooku held Cin Drallig in high regard, claiming he would be a problem for Grievous(I disagree however). But Fisto has better feats, such as stomping two elite magnaguards(though they were hindered by being magnetized to the mag-lev) when they were still depicted as formidable opponents, before TCW nerfed them.

I think I'm going to go with Fisto.

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In legends: Cin Dralig wins. (He is considered stronger than Legends Grievous and gave Anakin a fight.)

In Canon: Kit fisto wins. (Anakin literally beat Cin Dralig one-handed with relative ease.)

Theashensecond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont think cin has a chance unless he has him game feats

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the films, I would favour Kit Fisto simply because his placement in the Jedi Order seemed more impressive -- both Jedi Masters, one on the High Council, and the other a Temple instructor.

In TCW, there is no reason to place Cin Drallig above Kit Fisto, who comfortably outmatched General Grievous in single combat. As a Jedi Master, and clearly among the more exceptional ones -- Head of Temple Security and all that -- he should hold his own quite well, but the victory is Fisto's.

In canon continuity, it could go either way. Kit Fisto held his own against General Grievous, was widely considered to be one of the finest duelists ever produced by the Jedi Order, and Mace Windu considered him an unparalleled lightsaber warrior. Cin Drallig is a veteran Jedi Master, a combat instructor and chief of Temple security. He is often praised as the Order's best lightsaber duelist, and was trained by Master Yoda himself -- even High Councilor Shaak Ti, a match for General Grievous, was beneath him in swordsmanship. If I had to give an edge, it would likely be to Drallig.

In the old legends continuity, by reputation they're an even split -- Count Dooku brought him up alongside Obi-Wan, Mace and Yoda when discussing Masters who would dismantle General Grievous in combat, Shaak Ti saw Kit as the Order's best alongside Mace, Saesee and Agen. You could say that Kit actually has accomplishments to his name, at least shown, but I believe Kit's aggressive fighting style will prove disadvantageous here.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_tenebrous: And then there is the fact that Anakin literally beat CIn Drallig with one hand.