Kirk & Spock Vs Picard & Data

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gracetrack

Forgive me if this has been done before recently. I did a battle thread "search" and didn't find anything similar.

UPDATED (3-17)

Scenario 1: Battle of wits on an uninhabited planet. each combatant is equipped with a standard TNG phaser only. may use the resources of the land. zero prep time.

Scenario 2: Battle of ships - both teams' ships have the exact same armaments and defensive capabilities. 24 hours of prep.

Scenario 3: Fisticuffs, zero prep time.

Picard /Data
Picard /Data

Spock/Kirk
Spock/Kirk
JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JohnnyZ256

Picard and Data definitely win scenarios 1 and 3---Spock and Kirk have no chance of beating an android in fisticuffs, and have a slim chance in a battle of wits.

Spock's mind meld and nerve pinch won't affect Data, and Data can one-shot either of them.

I could see scenario 2 going to either team. Data is a computer but Spock is essentially a walking computer, also. I'd give the edge to Picard over Kirk in commanding a ship in battle, though.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By McHotcakes

@JohnnyZ256 said:

Picard and Data definitely win scenarios 1 and 3---Spock and Kirk have no chance of beating an android in fisticuffs, and have a slim chance in a battle of wits.

Spock's mind meld and nerve pinch won't affect Data, and Data can one-shot either of them.

I could see scenario 2 going to either team. Data is a computer but Spock is essentially a walking computer, also. I'd give the edge to Picard over Kirk in commanding a ship in battle, though.

What he said

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spiderpool94

Picard and Data win on board the modern enterprise, they are set further in the future. Picard and Data would also probably beat them in a battle of wits due to Data being an android and Spok's logic being flawed due to being half human. The only one Kirk and Spok could win is the H2H, Picard isn't known for being a H2H fighter, Spok can do that death grip thing that knocks everyone out but Data has shown some impressive H2H feats so could go either way.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By comic_book_fan

picard and data.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@spiderpool94:

The OP states that the two ships have the same armament and capabilities.

There is zero chance for Kirk and Spock to defeat Picard and Data in H2H. Data could easily solo by himself. Kirk and Spock cannot harm Data, no matter how many times they hit him, and Data can KO and possibly kill them with one hit.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JohnnyZ256

bump

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MethoKi

@JohnnyZ256 said:

bump

I guess you have a fetish for Data?

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JohnnyZ256

No.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Scenario 1:Kirk and Spock seem to outsmart their enemies a lot more, I'm going with those two

Scenario 2: I'm saying Kirk and Spock, Kirk always seemed like more of a military commander than Picard, who, while creative, is only really spectacular against the Borg

Scenario 3: Data wins, Spock and Kirk, collectively, have nothing on him

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shawnbaby

Battles of Wits are not strictly about Intelligence...They are about the application of that intelligence. Data and Spock are huge brains...but when it comes to creativity...both are rather lacking. What they bring to the table is their ability to crunch the numbers....and Data has Spock completely outclassed in that capacity. On the other side though...people often forget about Spock's human half...which can occasionally surprise his opponents when he does something that isn't very Vulcan. An example of this is in Wrath of Khan when Spock, knowing that Khan is likely listening in on the conversation he is having with Kirk, deliberately exaggerates the damage the enterprise took and inflates the time required to complete repairs. Khan suspects nothing because it's well-established that Vulcans do not lie.

Both Kirk and Picard have great examples of Quick thinking in Combat. Kirk, in Wrath of Khan, knowing that The Enterprise is too badly damaged to survive direct conflict with the Reliant...lures Khan into the Mutari Nebula...where neither ships shields or scanners will function...thus evening the odds.

Picard, when in command of The Stargazer totally outgunned and badly damaged, devised that by accelerating to High Warp Speed directly at the Ferengi vessel attacking him. By doing so it created an after image of the Stargazer which appeared to the ferengi sensors to be another ship. The Ferengi fired at the Sensor Doubled and Picard Fired a full volley of Phasers and Torpedos at the Ferengi ship...destroying it. The technique is now taught in Starfleet Academy as "The Picard Maneuver"

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shawnbaby: But Kirk seemed a lot more experience with bluffs, like Fizzbin or Corbomite

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Betatesthighlander1 said:

@Shawnbaby: But Kirk seemed a lot more experience with bluffs, like Fizzbin or Corbomite

Picard is no stranger to Bluffing.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shawnbaby: I can't really think of a time where he just came up with an effective bluff just out of the blue

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Shawnbaby: I can't really think of a time where he just came up with an effective bluff just out of the blue

I can think of a couple. One, When Nagillum was going to kill half of his Crew...Picard was set to use the Auto-Destruct on the Ship...Nagillum eventually backed down and let the Enterprise leave.

Another time Picard Bluffed a Romulan commander into backing down by stating he would take any action needed to rescue an Ambassador the Romulans had abducted...including starting a war.

Darrius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Darrius

Scenario 1 - Kirk and Spock win. - Androids aren't very smart. They are just very good with math and memory. When it comes to high level thinking they're actually kind of slow.

Scenario 2 - Kirk and Spock win - Both Kirk and Spock have more command experience than Picard, and that's saying something. Data is wayyyy back.

Scenario 3 - Picard sits down and has a drink while Data solos.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Floopay

Picard and Data all rounds.

They are smarter, and more survivable.

Better strategists and prep masters.

And Data makes this a stomp in their favor in a hand to hand situation.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shawnbaby: @Shawnbaby said:

I can think of a couple. One, When Nagillum was going to kill half of his Crew...Picard was set to use the Auto-Destruct on the Ship...Nagillum eventually backed down and let the Enterprise leave.

eh, Kirk did the exact same thing in his Let That be Your Last Battlefield quite a few years earlier, i kinda presumed taht by that point it was a standard last resort for Starfleet captains by that point

@Shawnbaby said:

Another time Picard Bluffed a Romulan commander into backing down by stating he would take any action needed to rescue an Ambassador the Romulans had abducted...including starting a war.

sorry, there were a lot of TNG episodes, to which one are you referring?

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gracetrack

@Shawnbaby said:

Battles of Wits are not strictly about Intelligence...They are about the application of that intelligence. Data and Spock are huge brains...but when it comes to creativity...both are rather lacking. What they bring to the table is their ability to crunch the numbers....and Data has Spock completely outclassed in that capacity. On the other side though...people often forget about Spock's human half...which can occasionally surprise his opponents when he does something that isn't very Vulcan. An example of this is in Wrath of Khan when Spock, knowing that Khan is likely listening in on the conversation he is having with Kirk, deliberately exaggerates the damage the enterprise took and inflates the time required to complete repairs. Khan suspects nothing because it's well-established that Vulcans do not lie.

Both Kirk and Picard have great examples of Quick thinking in Combat. Kirk, in Wrath of Khan, knowing that The Enterprise is too badly damaged to survive direct conflict with the Reliant...lures Khan into the Mutari Nebula...where neither ships shields or scanners will function...thus evening the odds.

Picard, when in command of The Stargazer totally outgunned and badly damaged, devised that by accelerating to High Warp Speed directly at the Ferengi vessel attacking him. By doing so it created an after image of the Stargazer which appeared to the ferengi sensors to be another ship. The Ferengi fired at the Sensor Doubled and Picard Fired a full volley of Phasers and Torpedos at the Ferengi ship...destroying it. The technique is now taught in Starfleet Academy as "The Picard Maneuver"

Nice! Good examples. :)

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@Darriussaid:

Scenario 1 - Kirk and Spock win. - Androids aren't very smart. They are just very good with math and memory. When it comes to high level thinking they're actually kind of slow.

Scenario 2 - Kirk and Spock win - Both Kirk and Spock have more command experience than Picard, and that's saying something. Data is wayyyy back.

Scenario 3 - Picard sits down and has a drink while Data solos.

Androids aren't very smart? When it comes to high-level thinking they're actually kind of slow? This is certainly news to me.

catofellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Kirk and Spock - Data was not very witty, and would be confused by human strategy.

2. Kirk and Spock - I have never seen any impressive feats with Data.

3. Picard and Data - Data too powerful physically.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. data and picard.

2.kirk and spock could take this one.

3.data solos.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xtreme1

1. Kirk and Spock

2. Kirk and Spock

3. Data solos

NervesInvicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NervesInvicta

@catofellow said:

2. Kirk and Spock - I have never seen any impressive feats with Data.

Watch the Episode where Data takes command of a ship to blockade the Romulans, detects their cloaked fleet and foils their plans basically by himself. Data is no slouch as a Commander.

Avatar image for letshopthru10hoopstocomment
Letshopthru10hoopstocomment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say it`d be 50/50 for pretty much all of them. They are all main characters who save the ship on nearly a weekly basis.

The thing that I find funny is that everyone thinks data is just going to destroy them in hand to hand but you all are forgetting his secret shut down button. Now Spock or Kirk don't know this, but Picard does. But how would they get access to this information? Simple. Kirk distracts data getting his as* pummeled around (which happens often) but probably able to dodge most of data's attacks, data is never shown to be very mobile on the series or fast, just strong and smart. Spock easily dispatches Picard, then begins a mind meld and probes his mind for any weaknesses on data because he sees Kirk getting his as* kicked. Once that's done its a simple matter of both kirk and spock double teaming data. I'd imagine them knocking him to his feet maybe a tackle or some type of improvised rope (made from cloth, bonus kirk is now shirtless or not bonus?). Spock is still weaker then data, but I'm sure with a burst of adrenaline he`d be able to hold data down long enough for kirk to reach the button and shut down data.

If that's too complicated, spock could take picard hostage and force data to shut down or picard now has a snapped neck.

I'm well aware that one punch from data in the noggin is game over. The thing is spock/kirk make a better team. They know how to work together better then Picard and data do. But Data's strength would definitely be a huge obstacle. Far from insurmountable though.

If it was data vs 1 of any of them he`d win hands down. Picard actually is hurting their odds in a physical brawl strangely enough.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rounds 1 and 2, Kirk and Spock. Round 3, toss up; I've seen Kirk and Spock pull out too many wins against (on paper) superior foes to believe that Data would DEFINATELY win for his team.

Carrickclash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Carrickclash03

kirk and spock would win 1 and 2, definitely. 3 i'm not sure still I would say Kirk And Spock but that's bias

Comics189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirk/Spock because Kirk has defeated a gorn with no phaser and with out Spock to help and Spock has out smarted a very intelligent computer Kirk has to

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Data solos rd 3