Kirito vs Darth Maul (TPM)

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Okay, after some pondering this, I've finally decided to create an SAO thread that includes Kirito.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Standard morals apply for all combatants.
  • Standard gear.
  • The battle will take place on Geonosis.
  • Darth Maul is not allowed to use the Force for offensive purposes, he can use it to amp his physical stats only
  • All combatants start 20 feet away.
  • This is SAO/Alfhiem Online Kirito
  • For the sake of argument, Darth Maul's lightsaber will not cut through Kirito's blades as if it was made of steel, the twin blades will hold up just like a normal saber would against another saber.

Who wins and why?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll stick around.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll stick around.

Funny, I was just about to ask if you had any thoughts on the out-come of this match.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Kirito is generally much faster than Maul. Kirito can't block because of Maul's lightsaber, but if Kirito can move faster enough (which he can) he can handle it. He also has the higher ground advantage because he can fly faster than the speed of sound. Without force, Maul loses.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

I'll stick around.

Funny, I was just about to ask if you had any thoughts on the out-come of this match.

Well, why wouldn't you? It's to be expected. Everyone wants my opinion.

Jokes aside, I don't know anything about Kirito so I'll just wait for some people to chime in on this match up.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@reaperonyx said:

Kirito is generally much faster than Maul. Kirito can't block because of Maul's lightsaber, but if Kirito can move faster enough (which he can) he can handle it. He also has the higher ground advantage because he can fly faster than the speed of sound. Without force, Maul loses.

Kirito is much faster then Maul? Based on what might I ask? The best speed feats I can think of for Kirito atm is:

• Throwing blows fast enough to leave blue streaks of his blades
  • Throwing blows imperceptibly fast
  • While fighting against Heathcliff, Kirito was able to throw blows so fast, it seemed as if he sported dozens of swords simultaneously.
  • Create sonic booms with his blows (IIRC)

All of that is great and all, but Maul has replicated pretty much all of those feats.

I'm not seeing much of a speed difference here honestly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirito can also cast illusions that are solid. Basically, he can become a beast, but is unaffected if the beast is hurt. He can also leave the battle with his teleportation crystal to the nearest town and seeing that there is no ban on healing crystals, Kirito can also heal himself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@reaperonyx said:

Kirito is much faster then Maul? Based on what might I ask? The best speed feats I can think of for Kirito atm is:

• While fighting against Heathcliff, Kirito was able to throw blows so fast, it seemed as if he sported dozens of swords simultaneously.

All of that is great and all, but Maul has replicated pretty much all of those feats.

He can also move so fast that people won't see him until he stops. He, first, went into Alfheim, he caught a man with a spear with one hand when he just started then dispatched them with ease.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx:

Kirito can also cast illusions that are solid.

Which Maul can distinguish as illusions opposed to actual things through his Force senses.

Basically, he can become a beast, but is unaffected if the beast is hurt.

You'll need to elaborate on this.

He can also leave the battle with his teleportation crystal to the nearest town

So he can self-BFR and lose the match? Nice.

and seeing that there is no ban on healing crystals, Kirito can also heal himself.

He can heal from decapitation, being bisected, having his heart and other vital organs incinerated or having his neck snapped?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can also move so fast that people won't see him until he stops. He, first, went into Alfheim, he caught a man with a spear with one hand when he just started then dispatched them with ease.

Maul has seen droids that fight at imperceptibly fast speeds in slow motion. Going by this train of thought he would also see Kirito in slow motion.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@reaperonyx said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@reaperonyx said:

Yeah, I knew I was going to forget one speed feat or two, which is why I said atm. Still, that's nothing Maul can't replicate. He has moved faster then even tracking droids can perceive.

@reaperonyx said:

Kirito can also cast illusions that are solid. Basically, he can become a beast, but is unaffected if the beast is hurt. He can also leave the battle with his teleportation crystal to the nearest town and seeing that there is no ban on healing crystals, Kirito can also heal himself.

Ehh. I doubt Kirito would use his illusion in character, for a majority. IIRC, he only did that once, and that was because he had no choice. As for heal, I don't recall Kirito doing that in the mist of a battle - especially when you're faced against an aggressive opponent like Maul, who is absolutely relentless via being a prationeerof the lightsaber form Juyo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx:

Kirito can also cast illusions that are solid.

Which Maul can distinguish as illusions opposed to actual things through his Force senses.

Basically, he can become a beast, but is unaffected if the beast is hurt.

You'll need to elaborate on this.

He can also leave the battle with his teleportation crystal to the nearest town

So he can self-BFR and lose the match? Nice.

and seeing that there is no ban on healing crystals, Kirito can also heal himself.

He can heal from decapitation, being bisected, having his heart and other vital organs incinerated or having his neck snapped?

He is absorbed by the manifestation of the beast, the beast can be beaten, but he is unharmed by the wounds that the beast sustained.

Teleportation thing is useless unless its in a town

In SAO and ALO, he can't feel pain, he can sustain all except decapitation(which would have to be a strong sword, someone cut off his hand once but it grew back) And basically he doesn't have organs(it's only pixels) and I have never seen any of his bones break from the hits he has sustained.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@reaperonyx said:

Yeah, I knew I was going to forget one speed feat or two, which is why I said atm. Still, that's nothing Maul can't replicate. He has moved faster then even tracking droids can perceive.

@reaperonyx said:

Ehh. I doubt Kirito would use his illusion in character, for a majority. IIRC, he only did that once, and that was because he had no choice. As for heal, I don't recall Kirito doing that in the mist of a battle - especially when you're faced against an aggressive opponent like Maul, who is absolutely relentless via being a prationeerof the lightsaber form Juyo.

Kirito, when pushed, (and with Maul, it will happen) will go all out. When battling Gleam Eyes, he was forced to dual wield and when cornered by the Salamanders, he used his high level illusions to clear them out. Those are both moments of him being pushed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx:

He is absorbed by the manifestation of the beast, the beast can be beaten, but he is unharmed by the wounds that the beast sustained.

So Maul kills the beast... then what? He can then kill Kirito I assume?

In SAO and ALO, he can't feel pain, he can sustain all except decapitation(which would have to be a strong sword, someone cut off his hand once but it grew back) And basically he doesn't have organs(it's only pixels) and I have never seen any of his bones break from the hits he has sustained.

So I guess my argument is that Maul decapitates him. Although I don't get what you meant by "it'd have to be a strong sword, someone cut off his hand once but it grew back" Surely that's due to him having some kind of regenerative system that allows him to regrow limbs, opposed to the strength of the sword cutting him (which was, by your description, strong enough to cut off his hand).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx:

So Maul kills the beast... then what? He can then kill Kirito I assume?

So I guess my argument is that Maul decapitates him. Although I don't get what you meant by "it'd have to be a strong sword, someone cut off his hand once but it grew back" Surely that's due to him having some kind of regenerative system that allows him to regrow limbs, opposed to the strength of the sword cutting him (which was, by your description, strong enough to cut off his hand).

Depends how high the level of beast that he summons.

The hand thing is that the person that cut off his hand had a high level sword and it did not have any mana(magic) on it to make sure his hand didn't grow back. SAO and ALO are videogames and he heals 614 HPs every 10 seconds (not at max level) so he would regenerate his hand with ease. If Darth Maul can move fast enough (which I have no doubt) to cut off his head, Kirito would most likely block it because of his super sight and read the movements of Darth Maul.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx:

Well if you can expound on how effective said beast is in combat, or more importantly, what stops Maul from killing it before it can react, as well as providing some kind of description behind how Kirito would use such an ability so that I know the context behind it, then I'll be very very happy to debate about it.

The hand thing is that the person that cut off his hand had a high level sword and it did not have any mana(magic) on it to make sure his hand didn't grow back.

Well lightsabers don't negate healing factors, so I'm guessing at face value of your description that decapitation is the way to go.

SAO and ALO are videogames and he heals 614 HPs every 10 seconds (not at max level) so he would regenerate his hand with ease.

Those are non-canon gameplay mechanics. What are his actual regenerative feats?

If Darth Maul can move fast enough (which I have no doubt) to cut off his head, Kirito would most likely block it because of his super sight and read the movements of Darth Maul.

So you're saying he's going to block a lightsaber with precognition...? That doesn't make sense.

If I'm to assume you meant that he could dodge a lightsaber swipe from Maul through precognition, I'd argue that due to the fact Maul also has precognition, he could cancel out whatever advantage Kirito usually has over people without precognition.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is kind of a hard fight to gauge. Kirito's powers come from the fact that the character is playing a video game. The reason he has good durability is pure game mechanics. As is his regeneration rate, damage output, pain threshold, and attack speed. Maul however is a physical being and does not have set stats that determine everything.

Basically, how can we actually gauge if Maul can get passed Kirito's armor rating? Maul's lightsabers don't have a damage stat to put up against Kirito's armor stat. We know Kirito can heal a certain number of HP per second, but how much HP would he lose if one of Maul's blows connects?

Kirito's feats aren't calculable in relation to a character from a different game because he follows entirely different rules. His durability is a number in relation to the number of his attacker, and varies depending on the level and weapon type his opponent has within the game. A low level character hits him with a sword and does almost no damage. A high level character hits him with the same sword and almost takes him to half health.

Maul destroys Kirito in the real world though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx:

Well if you can expound on how effective said beast is in combat, or more importantly, what stops Maul from killing it before it can react, as well as providing some kind of description behind how Kirito would use such an ability so that I know the context behind it, then I'll be very very happy to debate about it.

The hand thing is that the person that cut off his hand had a high level sword and it did not have any mana(magic) on it to make sure his hand didn't grow back.

Well lightsabers don't negate healing factors, so I'm guessing at face value of your description that decapitation is the way to go.

SAO and ALO are videogames and he heals 614 HPs every 10 seconds (not at max level) so he would regenerate his hand with ease.

Those are non-canon gameplay mechanics. What are his actual regenerative feats?

If Darth Maul can move fast enough (which I have no doubt) to cut off his head, Kirito would most likely block it because of his super sight and read the movements of Darth Maul.

So you're saying he's going to block a lightsaber with precognition...? That doesn't make sense.

If I'm to assume you meant that he could dodge a lightsaber swipe from Maul through precognition, I'd argue that due to the fact Maul also has precognition, he could cancel out whatever advantage Kirito usually has over people without precognition.

Kirito as the monster

Loading Video...

Speed and durability feats. Kirito is fighting the best player in the game with a low level sword and wins

Loading Video...

Kirito chooses the monster from his past memories. If we are including when he was god like at he end of ALO, he can generate at will and can use gravity magic and make himself an immortal object.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. Maul wins seeing as this is a video game character who can't dodge fireballs. I don't like watching anime. I'm out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh..... Ok then, I'll take that as a win seeing as that you gave up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh..... Ok then, I'll take that as a win seeing as that you gave up.

Why do people refer to debating as "winning" and "losing" when it isn't either - it's what it's called. Debating.

I just can't be bothered with this particular debate, and your argument isn't exactly compelling seeing as you haven't presented one - you've just vaguely listed abilities and left me with 9 minutes of video to watch of a media form I hate watching, as well as left it to me to interpret what feats you want me to see with no explanation behind them.

If that's what you call debating.. good for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were 5 minute videos. And you didn't really present your case. You just pointed out things you didn't understand about Kirito. You only gave two things about Maul that I could easily overcome with the info I presented. I understand Maul's swordsmanship and speed is great, but you presented no info that proved of worth to Maul in this fight. I expected to gain more knowledge about Maul from this debate, but sadly, I gained none.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx: Collectively they were over 9 minutes long.

I asked for explanation of things you vaguely stated and left there. That isn't "not understanding", that's just you failing to use initiative.

You've said that Kirito's best speed feat is moving faster than someone can see. Maul has seen droids moving at that speed in slow motion. He speedblitzes unless you prove otherwise.

I'm not here to educate you on Maul so it's not my problem if you didn't get the lesson you were expecting.

Try googling "Darth Maul Respect Thread" if you want to find out something off of your own initiative, or at least ask me for his best feats. Don't just expect me to start spamming feats on a thread without anyone asking me for them, just because you think I should do so off my own back. Present me with an argument and I'll give you what you're looking for.

WHAT_DiiCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't kirito heal very fast lol..... I don't think maul could keep up, me knowing since if seen both fight ... in my opinion kirito is a better swordsman and has useful abilities so he'll win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever helps you sleep^

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to go with Maul.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@metaljimmor said:

This is kind of a hard fight to gauge. Kirito's powers come from the fact that the character is playing a video game. The reason he has good durability is pure game mechanics. As is his regeneration rate, damage output, pain threshold, and attack speed. Maul however is a physical being and does not have set stats that determine everything.

Basically, how can we actually gauge if Maul can get passed Kirito's armor rating? Maul's lightsabers don't have a damage stat to put up against Kirito's armor stat. We know Kirito can heal a certain number of HP per second, but how much HP would he lose if one of Maul's blows connects?

Kirito's feats aren't calculable in relation to a character from a different game because he follows entirely different rules. His durability is a number in relation to the number of his attacker, and varies depending on the level and weapon type his opponent has within the game. A low level character hits him with a sword and does almost no damage. A high level character hits him with the same sword and almost takes him to half health.

Maul destroys Kirito in the real world though.

Which is why I've been pondering putting Kirito in a fight on the battle forum. SAO is one of my all-time fave anime though, which is why I decided to make this thread.....I must say, this thread didn't generate much in the way of a good discussion.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

It's just not possible to debate. Kirito's durability is a number in a game engine. If he gets hit by a cupcake it'll do more damage than a greatsword if the cupcake's code says it does more damage.

TJTheDuelist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul stomps.