Kingsley Shacklebolt Vs Minerva Mcgonagall

Kal-L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The duel takes place at Hogwarts in the great hall.

Who is the winner ?

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

Nice matchup. Kingsley has more dueling experience via his time as an Auror. He has also showed the capability of fighting multiple death eaters at once. He also has fights against Rockwood, Bellatrix, and two against Voldemort himself. Through he lost the duel against Bellatrix and one of the duels with Voldemort. (The one with Slughorn and Mcgonagall) The other was never concluded.

Mcgonagall on the other hand was a superb witch in her own right. She has also fought multiple death eaters at once, took down the Carrows (With help from Harry and Luna), pushed Snape out of Hogwarts (With help from Flitwick and Sprout), and has fought Voldemort (she lost along with Shacklebolt and Slughorn). We also have to consider her level of skill in Transfiguration, which she learned from Dumbledore himself.

Overall, I say it is a close match, but I'll give it to Mcgonagall for a slim majority.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Kingsley has more combat experience via being an Auror and a member of the Order of the Phoenix. But we see both pull off similar feats in the books. Based on feats alone could go either way, but with the added little hyperbole and ABC logic of Kingsley's profession and experience I'd say Kingsley.

For fun I asked the wife who loves Harry Potter and she went Kingsley in a good fight too. But says we see more impressive work out of Harry and Hermione since both don't get a whole lot of showings. So it's hard to say for her.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: just a note: Mcgonagall was in the Order of the Pheonix during both wars. just invade someone reads this who has not read the books.

Kal-L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strafe_prower: Just a question, when did Mcgonagall fight multiple death eaters at once ?

Kingsley is probably the best auror of his time, he is extremely proficient and experienced, he showed more than once his ability to fight many death eaters at once most of all he is physically shaped for this. However I admit that Mcgonagall impressed me with her transfiguration skills which almost made her kill Snape in few seconds if not for the armor.

At the end I think that Kingsley takes it more often imo.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal-l: it was during the Battle of the Astronomy Tower if I'm not mistaken. I seem to remember it being mentioned there, but I could be wrong.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*whistles a tune*

Apparently people in here seem to think Kingsley's feats put him above McGonagall (they do), yet Bellatrix who beat Sirius first and then Kingsley, is below McGonagall.

Because logic.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Kingsley has more feats and that basically gives him the edge. However he didn't do anything McGonagall couldn't have replicated but OK... Kingsley because feats.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There have only been 2 people in the books to hold off 3 oponents at once. Voldie, Bella. During the battle for astronomy tower, it took 4 death eaters to take down McG who was holding off 3.

In retrospect, during the battle for hogwarts, it might have been better to have kingsley or McG leave off voldie to fight bella, and have 1 or 2 others fill in there.

As it stands, I take McG. Comparable duelists, however her overall abilities as a witch, and in transfiguration give her the edge. Kingsley was an aurornbut it was durin a time where the ministry was actively avoiding conflict, following consecutive runs of grindy and vold. McG however was around for almost all of it.

I give it to Minerva.

Goltop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

During the battle for astronomy tower, it took 4 death eaters to take down McG who was holding off 3.

When did this happen? If you are talking about the end of HBP, there was no mention of her fighting 4 death eaters in that battle and she wasn't taken down at all.