Kingdom Come Superman vs Orion

larryman296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By larryman296

Superman from Earth-22 fights the son of Darkseid. Who wins?  
-Fight takes place on an uninhabited planet
-No BFRs 
-Both bloodlusted, morals off  

Superman
Superman
 Orion
 Orion
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

KC Superman with no morals will win.

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@comicdude23 said:
I think he would win with morals as well. New Earth Superman and Orion are almost exact equals, physically anyway.
larryman296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By larryman296
@CapitolPunishment: Hm, I was always under the impression that Orion was a tad stronger than New Earth Superman due to the former's superior combat skills, Motherbox and Astro Force. 
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@larryman296 said:
@CapitolPunishment: Hm, I was always under the impression that Orion was a tad stronger than New Earth Superman due to the former's superior combat skills, Motherbox and Astro Force. 
Physically equal, there combat skills are pretty much on par.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Killemall
@CapitolPunishment said:
@larryman296 said:
I suppose that is open to debate since Orion has defeated superman twice in the past. Furthermore, the current superman is a lot weaker (Action Comics 1) although the comic itself was awesome!!  Then again in this battle everything else can pretty much be ignored because KC superman seemed a LOT stronger than normal superman.. i dont think Orion has much of a chance here.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Saren
@Killemall said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
@larryman296 said:
I suppose that is open to debate since Orion has defeated superman twice in the past. Furthermore, the current superman is a lot weaker (Action Comics 1) although the comic itself was awesome!!  Then again in this battle everything else can pretty much be ignored because KC superman seemed a LOT stronger than normal superman.. i dont think Orion has much of a chance here.

I read Stormwatch #1 last night and Projectionist said Apollo once kicked Superman's ass. I don't see how that's even possible.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Killemall

@CitizenBane: current superman had problem fighting few tanks, was pretty hurt and had black eyes after fighting the aforementioned tanks, had a hard time trying to stop a speeding train so the current superman is massively depowered. however the story itself was awesome, he is now dark, angry, kinda like batman.. i like the new looks..

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Saren
@Killemall said:

@CitizenBane: current superman had problem fighting few tanks, was pretty hurt and had black eyes after fighting the aforementioned tanks, had a hard time trying to stop a speeding train so the current superman is massively depowered. however the story itself was awesome, he is now dark, angry, kinda like batman.. i like the new looks..

I like the art and the story and everything, but even so, current Apollo and current Superman are at roughly equal strength, and Apollo's energy attacks will just make Superman stronger. It doesn't make sense.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Killemall
@CitizenBane said:

@Killemall said:

I like the art and the story and everything, but even so, current Apollo and current Superman are at roughly equal strength, and Apollo's energy attacks will just make Superman stronger. It doesn't make sense.

well superman being invulnerable to bullets but getting bruises after fighting few cops dont make sense as well :)plus i think current appolo might actually be stronger than Superman, he pretty much looks like a version of spiderman, a little stronger with heat vision and flight. he wasnt able to heal from the scar throughout the whole issue, so thats pretty pathetic for a superman as well, maybe they are even changing the way he absorbs solar radiation.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By MrDirector786

I'm no expert on KC Superman and I know he's more powerful than regular Superman but how much more powerful is he exactly? Orion and regular Superman are physically about equal but with the astroforce and his other abilities, Orion is more powerful than Superman. Orion has taken on Superman when he was bloodlusted and another time he actually one-shotted Superman with his astro-force.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By termiteone4ever

KC Supes got this . 

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@MrDirector786 said:
I'm no expert on KC Superman and I know he's more powerful than regular Superman but how much more powerful is he exactly? Orion and regular Superman are physically about equal but with the astroforce and his other abilities, Orion is more powerful than Superman. Orion has taken on Superman when he was bloodlusted and another time he actually one-shotted Superman with his astro-force.
Far more powerful than New Earth Superman. Far cooler too. 

@CapitolPunishment said:
@comicdude23 said:
I think he would win with morals as well. New Earth Superman and Orion are almost exact equals, physically anyway.
Agreed, KC Superman is Superman but better.
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
@larryman296 said:
  As far as the recent pre retcon Superman he also defeated Orion as well as stalemated him several times. (Yes, Orion even tried the Astro force on him in these battles). Here is a recent example.

Start
 Start
part 2
part 2

Meh, browser crapped out., I'll try to add the rest later but it ended in a stalemate.

@Killemall said:
@CitizenBane said:

@Killemall said:

well superman being invulnerable to bullets but getting bruises after fighting few cops dont make sense as well :)plus i think current appolo might actually be stronger than Superman, he pretty much looks like a version of spiderman, a little stronger with heat vision and flight. he wasnt able to heal from the scar throughout the whole issue, so thats pretty pathetic for a superman as well, maybe they are even changing the way he absorbs solar radiation.

I agree, he is far weaker right now but this won't last very long. He is not yet accustomed to his powers (because he has not had the time to train them very long) and still very young. What we are seeing now are his beginnings. Remember, Grant Morrison is the one who wanted to bring him back to near his SA level of power (without the nonsense/PIS of course)and he is the man writing him atm. He is an amazing writer and I look forward to see how he evolves the character.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Killemall
@CapitolPunishment said:
@Killemall said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
@larryman296 said:
  As far as the recent pre retcon Superman he also defeated Orion as well as stalemated him several times. (Yes, Orion even tried the Astro force on him in these battles). Here is a recent example.

Start
 Start
part 2
part 2

Meh, browser crapped out., I'll try to add the rest later but it ended in a stalemate.

@Killemall said:
@CitizenBane said:

@Killemall said:

I agree, he is far weaker right now but this won't last very long. He is not yet accustomed to his powers (because he has not had the time to train them very long) and still very young. What we are seeing now are his beginnings. Remember, Grant Morrison is the one who wanted to bring him back to near his SA level of power (without the nonsense/PIS of course)and he is the man writing him atm. He is an amazing writer and I look forward to see how he evolves the character. 
Well so there is pretty much nothing i can argue about the first part since i was completely unaware this had happened. I stand corrected.

In regards to the second part, it would be nice to see superman at full strength but I personally would prefer seeing superman at his current power level (maybe a little stronger, coz he pretty much looks like spiderman on steriods) and the same attitude. Specially the attitude part, he is a dark hero, love the art in the comics and the way the story went. Regarding being very young, clark kent looked matured enough in the comics (this is after he reaches his apartment and wears normal dress). So lets see how they are going to set it up. But i dont really know much about Grant Morrison myself, i generally dont know much about writers (apart from Jeph Loeb, and that is only because it keeps comming up so much in comicvine, and perhaps stan lee). But i am sure he's a great writer coz i found the issue really amazing. I personally didnt really enjoy the last run, the was specially pleased because i didnt really enjoy action comics 890 - 900, specially the one (sorry cant remember the issue name) where luthor gets godlike powers from a creation of phantom zone (shows how keenly i was reading the comics) and finally loses his powers because he cant help but attack superman. Compared to that this new issue was a lot lot lot better!!