#1 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

Beowulf.

#2 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

leonidas has no chance. have you read beowulf?

#3 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins

#4 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I have to agree. But you have to give Leonidas more credit.

#5 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

lboy says:

"Yes I have to agree. But you have to give Leonidas more credit. "

No. Beowulf is better. Leonidas has no credit in this fight.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (224286 posts) - - Show Bio

" I Am BEOWULF !!! "

LOL

#7 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lboy says:

"Yes I have to agree. But you have to give Leonidas more credit. "

no i dont

#8 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay have you read 300.

#9 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

King leo wud own him

#10 Posted by Longshot (312 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverSurfa says:

"King leo wud own him"

Not.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Beowulf.Extreme Curbstomp.

#12 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

i dun get it? how does beowulf win so easily?

#13 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman says:

"Mr. Wilson says:
"Beowulf but not easily. If King Leo can hang against immortals and millions of Persians then he definately can hang with a single person like Beowulf. "
Because Beowulf fought and killed a dragon, who killed him in the process though. Leonidas fought Persians, yes, but he had back-up. Beowulf didn't."

He was in the frontlines and Beowulf had men fighting the dragon as well.

#14 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Wilson says:

"Warsman says:
"Mr. Wilson says:
"Beowulf but not easily. If King Leo can hang against immortals and millions of Persians then he definately can hang with a single person like Beowulf. "
Because Beowulf fought and killed a dragon, who killed him in the process though. Leonidas fought Persians, yes, but he had back-up. Beowulf didn't."
He was in the frontlines and Beowulf had men fighting the dragon as well."

Beowulf actually fought the dragon. The people he had help were slaughtered almost instantaneously. Leonidas was on the front lines, yes, but I doubt any of the Persians were as strong as a dragon.

#15 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Beowulf but not easily. If King Leo can hang against immortals and millions of Persians then he definately can hang with a single person like Beowulf.

#16 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Wilson says:

Because Beowulf fought and killed a dragon, who killed him in the process though. Leonidas fought Persians, yes, but he had back-up. Beowulf didn't.

#17 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

What about a million Immortals he didnt just say persians!

#18 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverSurfa says:

"Warsman says:
"Mr. Wilson says:
"Warsman says:
"Mr. Wilson says:
Beowulf actually fought the dragon. The people he had help were slaughtered almost instantaneously. Leonidas was on the front lines, yes, but I doubt any of the Persians were as strong as a dragon."
LOL if that is ur argument that leo wins so badly. Yes Beowulf may have beaten a dragon but Leo isnt a dragon. His swordsmanship is if not equal better than beowulf. The only way Beowulf would have won against the dragon was his shield. Dude seriously, Leo wud just throw his spear into the dragon. And you have to remember... theres 1million persians and 300 spartans thats basically 3333 persians to each spartan. I dont see anyway that beowulf beats leo just becuz he beat a dragon. I mean seriously if he had magic or something then yes, but they are both humans with swords."

What I'm trying to prove is that Beowulf is more physically powerful and therefore can disarm Leonidas before he does anything.

Besides, how is Leonidas gonna throw a spear if they're just both humans with swords? =P

#19 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

How is beowulf more phsically powerful??? and how do u expect him to disarm leonidas before he does anything? lol i mean come on u gotta be kidding me they are both on the same level of swordsmanship and LEO has a freakin 6 pack.

#20 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman says:

"Mr. Wilson says:
"Warsman says:
"Mr. Wilson says:
Beowulf actually fought the dragon. The people he had help were slaughtered almost instantaneously. Leonidas was on the front lines, yes, but I doubt any of the Persians were as strong as a dragon."

LOL if that is ur argument that leo wins so badly. Yes Beowulf may have beaten a dragon but Leo isnt a dragon. His swordsmanship is if not equal better than beowulf. The only way Beowulf would have won against the dragon was his shield. Dude seriously, Leo wud just throw his spear into the dragon. And you have to remember... theres 1million persians and 300 spartans thats basically 3333 persians to each spartan. I dont see anyway that beowulf beats leo just becuz he beat a dragon. I mean seriously if he had magic or something then yes, but they are both humans with swords.

#21 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Who said he didn't have his spear? Leo has a shield so he can't be disarmed that easily.

#22 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverSurfa says:

"How is beowulf more phsically powerful??? and how do u expect him to disarm leonidas before he does anything? lol i mean come on u gotta be kidding me they are both on the same level of swordsmanship and LEO has a freakin 6 pack."

Firstly, I'm just trying to reinforce my opinion.

Secondly, Leonidas was trained to attack, not defend. Beowulf is an animal and can seriously do some damage if he breaks Leonidas's courage.

Thirdly, six-pack means nothing if you're dead =P

#23 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

WTH R U KIDDING ME? If Leo was trained to attack why does he have a freakin shield??? I mean seriously he has defending skillls. LEO WAS TRAINED TO NEVER RETREAT not NOT defend. Beowulf is not an animal, if he was he would be a an ant while leo was a tiger. I mean Leo > Beowulf so badly its not funny. You cant break leos courage he is a spartan.

#24 Posted by Carmine (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Beowulf wins this. As good as Leonidas is, he is still only human. Whereas Beowulf is more like human plus (Im going off the assumption that a simple human cant go toe to toe with a troll and not only kick its ass but also rip its arm off its body.) I would put money on Beowulf being faster and stronger than Leonidas, while having equal drive and determination to win.

In the Comic 300, which we should be going from as this is a comic site, Leonidas fights as one of the Spartans, unlike in the film where he breaks rank all the time. Although he is an excellent fighter with a lifetime of experience his strength lies in his leadership and his teamwork. Beowulf has also been raised to be a warrior and while being considerably younger than Leonidas this is not necessarily a disadvantage. Although he is less experienced he doesnt have the weight on his limbs that age brings and is very acrobatic (as we see when he fights sea monsters, Grendel and the Dragon)

I see this as a very close battle but with Beowulf coming out on top by a narrow margin. His physical advantages over Leonidas mean that he is able to beat him. That said this would be a very close fight, with a lot coming down to luck. I just think that Beowulf could swing it. He killed a Dragon after all! (That last part was a joke, his killing the dragon is not a central part of my argument so dont try and disprove me with arguments against that factor.)

#25 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverSurfa says:

"WTH R U KIDDING ME? If Leo was trained to attack why does he have a freakin shield??? I mean seriously he has defending skillls. LEO WAS TRAINED TO NEVER RETREAT not NOT defend. Beowulf is not an animal, if he was he would be a an ant while leo was a tiger. I mean Leo > Beowulf so badly its not funny. You cant break leos courage he is a spartan. "

O_o Calm down, jeez.

Believe what you want. I still think Beowulf takes this.

#26 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Carmine says:

"Beowulf wins this. As good as Leonidas is, he is still only human. Whereas Beowulf is more like human plus (Im going off the assumption that a simple human cant go toe to toe with a troll and not only kick its ass but also rip its arm off its body.) I would put money on Beowulf being faster and stronger than Leonidas, while having equal drive and determination to win. In the Comic 300, which we should be going from as this is a comic site, Leonidas fights as one of the Spartans, unlike in the film where he breaks rank all the time. Although he is an excellent fighter with a lifetime of experience his strength lies in his leadership and his teamwork. Beowulf has also been raised to be a warrior and while being considerably younger than Leonidas this is not necessarily a disadvantage. Although he is less experienced he doesnt have the weight on his limbs that age brings and is very acrobatic (as we see when he fights sea monsters, Grendel and the Dragon) I see this as a very close battle but with Beowulf coming out on top by a narrow margin. His physical advantages over Leonidas mean that he is able to beat him. That said this would be a very close fight, with a lot coming down to luck. I just think that Beowulf could swing it. He killed a Dragon after all! (That last part was a joke, his killing the dragon is not a central part of my argument so dont try and disprove me with arguments against that factor.)"

u realise that leo beat a troll-like man as well in 300? not to mention massive elephants which would stomp a troll to death? Leo is born to be the best fighter, Sparta chooses their babies with careful exmination which means leo is already born to be a natural fighter.

Leo > Beo

#27 Posted by Carmine (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman says:

"Carmine says:
"SilverSurfa says:
"Carmine says:
"Beowulf wins this. As good as Leonidas is, he is still only human. Whereas Beowulf is more like human plus (Im going off the assumption that a simple human cant go toe to toe with a troll and not only kick its ass but also rip its arm off its body.) I would put money on Beowulf being faster and stronger than Leonidas, while having equal drive and determination to win. In the Comic 300, which we should be going from as this is a comic site, Leonidas fights as one of the Spartans, unlike in the film where he breaks rank all the time. Although he is an excellent fighter with a lifetime of experience his strength lies in his leadership and his teamwork. Beowulf has also been raised to be a warrior and while being considerably younger than Leonidas this is not necessarily a disadvantage. Although he is less experienced he doesnt have the weight on his limbs that age brings and is very acrobatic (as we see when he fights sea monsters, Grendel and the Dragon) I see this as a very close battle but with Beowulf coming out on top by a narrow margin. His physical advantages over Leonidas mean that he is able to beat him. That said this would be a very close fight, with a lot coming down to luck. I just think that Beowulf could swing it. He killed a Dragon after all! (That last part was a joke, his killing the dragon is not a central part of my argument so dont try and disprove me with arguments against that factor.)"
u realise that leo beat a troll-like man as well in 300? not to mention massive elephants which would stomp a troll to death? Leo is born to be the best fighter, Sparta chooses their babies with careful exmination which means leo is already born to be a natural fighter. Leo > Beo"
Stating Leo>Beo does not make it true. Leonidas killed that troll guy only in the movie and used a weapon to do it. While he was unarmed he got his ass kicked. Beowulf stripped off his armor and lay aside his weapon to fight Grendel, who was considerably tougher than the guy from 300. The Grendel fight shows Beowulf's raw speed and strength which outstrips Leonidas's. Again, with the elephants Leonidas did not do it on his own and he used a weapon to kill them. He may have been told that he is the best fighter all of his life but that does not make it true. The Spartan training process is effective in the same way as the marines, be the best you can be. And as they only take the best the standard of their soldiers is very high. But they still have limits. The training makes him a formidable fighter but to my mind, Beowulf is a greater warrior. Sparta is not the only warrior culture in the world. Beowulf would have been trained since birth to fight and kill as well. Not to mention that the quality of his weapons and armor would be of far higher quality than Leonidas, to the point of breaking the Spartans bronze shield in two and bending his iron sword to make is useless. Steel beats the softer metals that the spartans used."

Thank you, Carmine. ^^"

I calls it how I sees it.

#28 Posted by Carmine (69 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverSurfa says:

"Carmine says:

u realise that leo beat a troll-like man as well in 300? not to mention massive elephants which would stomp a troll to death? Leo is born to be the best fighter, Sparta chooses their babies with careful exmination which means leo is already born to be a natural fighter.

Leo > Beo"

Stating Leo>Beo does not make it true.

Leonidas killed that troll guy only in the movie and used a weapon to do it. While he was unarmed he got his ass kicked. Beowulf stripped off his armor and lay aside his weapon to fight Grendel, who was considerably tougher than the guy from 300. The Grendel fight shows Beowulf's raw speed and strength which outstrips Leonidas's. Again, with the elephants Leonidas did not do it on his own and he used a weapon to kill them.

He may have been told that he is the best fighter all of his life but that does not make it true. The Spartan training process is effective in the same way as the marines, be the best you can be. And as they only take the best the standard of their soldiers is very high. But they still have limits. The training makes him a formidable fighter but to my mind, Beowulf is a greater warrior.

Sparta is not the only warrior culture in the world. Beowulf would have been trained since birth to fight and kill as well. Not to mention that the quality of his weapons and armor would be of far higher quality than Leonidas, to the point of breaking the Spartans bronze shield in two and bending his iron sword to make is useless. Steel beats the softer metals that the spartans used.

#29 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

Carmine says:

"SilverSurfa says:
"Carmine says:
u realise that leo beat a troll-like man as well in 300? not to mention massive elephants which would stomp a troll to death? Leo is born to be the best fighter, Sparta chooses their babies with careful exmination which means leo is already born to be a natural fighter. Leo > Beo"
Stating Leo>Beo does not make it true. Leonidas killed that troll guy only in the movie and used a weapon to do it. While he was unarmed he got his ass kicked. Beowulf stripped off his armor and lay aside his weapon to fight Grendel, who was considerably tougher than the guy from 300. The Grendel fight shows Beowulf's raw speed and strength which outstrips Leonidas's. Again, with the elephants Leonidas did not do it on his own and he used a weapon to kill them. He may have been told that he is the best fighter all of his life but that does not make it true. The Spartan training process is effective in the same way as the marines, be the best you can be. And as they only take the best the standard of their soldiers is very high. But they still have limits. The training makes him a formidable fighter but to my mind, Beowulf is a greater warrior. Sparta is not the only warrior culture in the world. Beowulf would have been trained since birth to fight and kill as well. Not to mention that the quality of his weapons and armor would be of far higher quality than Leonidas, to the point of breaking the Spartans bronze shield in two and bending his iron sword to make is useless. Steel beats the softer metals that the spartans used."

Thank you, Carmine. ^^

#30 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Carmine says:

"SilverSurfa says:
"Carmine says:

Ok what u said was totally wrong.

No.1 How the heck do you know what the spartans metal are made out of? How do you know his shield is bronze?

No.2 As i said Beowulf is only still a human and he would have trouble against other human with very good sword skills. LEO is not a stupid dumb monster.

No.3 Now you say Beowulf WOULD have been trained. No evidence.

No.4 The only way he could beat grendel was by yelling in his freakin ear, i dont think that leo wud have a problem with that. If grendel didnt have a ear problem Beowulf wud have been owned.

#31 Posted by Carmine (69 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverSurfa says:

"Carmine says:
"SilverSurfa says:
"Carmine says:

Ok what u said was totally wrong.

No.1 How the heck do you know what the spartans metal are made out of? How do you know his shield is bronze?

No.2 As i said Beowulf is only still a human and he would have trouble against other human with very good sword skills. LEO is not a stupid dumb monster.

No.3 Now you say Beowulf WOULD have been trained. No evidence.

No.4 The only way he could beat grendel was by yelling in his freakin ear, i dont think that leo wud have a problem with that. If grendel didnt have a ear problem Beowulf wud have been owned.

"

Battle of Thermopylae: 480 BC. They had iron and bronze weapons. Spartan warriors wore Bronze armor, carried wooden shields with a bronze overlay, bronze tipper ash spears and an iron xiphos (short sword). You cant argue with history. Beowulf was considerably later in the dark ages. Therefore he has steel equipment, admittedly poor steel by todays standards, but far better than iron and bronze. Viking swords were the best in the world for a long time because of the way they were made. Also, read the comic, its all in there.

Maybe Leonidas is more intelligent than Grendel but he is considerably slower and weaker. Beowulf has considerable skill with a sword and would easily be able to hold his own against Leonidas, who's skill lay in the spear I might add. Again, read the comic or read a history book.

Beowulf was the son of a noble, of course he would have been trained. The very evidence of the fact is that he carries a sword and makes use of it. Untrained peasants used axes as they are far easier to wield effectivly.

The only way Leonidas beat those Persians was by stabbing them. Taking advantage of you opponents weaknesses does not remve from the achievement. Had Leonidas gone up against Grengel unarmed he would have got stomped. For proof see how he faired against the big guy in 300 when he didnt have a sword. Beowulf is still stronger and faster.

Everything Leonidas has, Beowulf has in equal parts or more. The only thing the spartan has going for him is his experience. But that doesnt count for squat against an opponent who is stronger, faster and tougher than you. Beowulf takes this.

#32 Posted by Longshot (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres no point in arguing with him.

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Beowulf.

#34 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Beowulf."

There is no way.

#35 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes there is.

#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

lboy says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Beowulf."
There is no way."

Then you have no idea who Beowulf is.

#37 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the point to Beowulf was that most of the great Feats he did were highly taken out of context, and over hyped. IF thats so its a fair fight and one would have to say Leo is more highly trained!

#38 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh ive just seen the movie like 8 times and I read dark times so you must not no who beowulf is.

#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

lboy says:

"Oh ive just seen the movie like 8 times and I read dark times so you must not no who beowulf is."

The movie isn't an accurate depiction of what he can do.