#1  Edited By sokold23
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By sexy_merc

SF is more technical and difficult to master, but I like both.

Really hoping they do some kind of remake of KI for Wii, no matter how bad it turns out.

Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mumbles

use to love some KI, but SF has lasted the times. SF 4 the win

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Both games are badass.

Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tutorman

The only great Killer Instinct was KI1, KI2 was hot garbage with it's rock, papers, scissors counter system, and the fact that almost everyone played the same didn't help as well (Orchid going from charge to motion was lame along with many others from the KI1 series).  Killer Instinct was huge hype for its time, and I absolutely had a lot of fun with this game, however after a while the game got really, really stale, simply because competitively when I used to play it, you would literally come down to Orchid vs Cinder, Orchid vs Orchid, Cinder vs Cinder.  Simply because those two were significantly better then the rest of the cast by a significant margin.

Regardless, it was absolutely fun playing this game back in the day, however the follow up which was KI2 really took the series down, and the majority of the people who enjoyed KI1 were turned off by it (me being one of them) which imo led to its downfall. 

Street Fighter has stayed alive because many of the essence of what made it good (although not as prominent as they once were in the OG SFII games which truly capture the real feel of SF) has stayed in tact.  It's blend of great variety of playable characters for each players preference of playstyle along with its great blend of depth and technicality has allowed it to prosper and still be one of the most dominant fighting games even into the present day.  No other fighting game is going to dethrone SF in the US which is a testament to how great of a fighting game it really is.

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Green Skin

I look at it in terms of soda:  Street Fighter = Pepsi.
                                            Killer Instinct =  RC Cola

Sure some may prefer RC, but it's never going to be bigger and better than Pepsi.  It's the same for KI and SF.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
@Green Skin said:
"I look at it in terms of soda:  Street Fighter = Pepsi.                                             Killer Instinct =  RC Cola  Sure some may prefer RC, but it's never going to be bigger and better than Pepsi.  It's the same for KI and SF. "

LOL.....................I used to be badass at KI, Even with my skills Glacius in KI 2 was impossible.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By whacknasty
@Green Skin said:
" I look at it in terms of soda:  Street Fighter = Pepsi.                                             Killer Instinct =  RC Cola  Sure some may prefer RC, but it's never going to be bigger and better than Pepsi.  It's the same for KI and SF. "
Lol, that is a really good analogy. 

I would love a KI remake though... I'd have to say a good  Ultra Combo is probably just as fulfilling as a good Hyper Combo. I would love to see Final Justice followed by Jago's kick-tastic Ultra...lol
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Green Skin
@whacknasty:   A KI remake would be soooo badass!  KI was my favorite game back in the day.
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By tensor

two great games memories street fighter is my heart  for fighting games but killer instinct match up pretty well

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By termiteone4ever

CO CO CO Combo breaker. OHH please Alpha counter any day Street fighter all the way

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Talking about the most recent games in each series*

I have had SFV since launch day (Feb 16) and I have had Killer Instinct since this past December and there is no competition, Killer Instinct is a much more enjoyable experience.

IMO Killer Instinct has better characters, better stages, better music, better story/lore/overall universe, and the game play is more fun too. This KI IMO is the best next gen fighter and could potentially have the best OST of any game to come out in the past 16 years.

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killer Instinc is better IMO.

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a fan of KI since the first game so yeah I vote for KI for X-Box One!!