CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By CaptainDoeo

I vote for @god_spawn.

I think that Kidman was really underrated here, his team in character stood a decent chance against god_spawn. I feel like there were a lot of times god_spawn relied on Remy's morals being his weakness, which Kidman could've argued that Remy would do it against Diamond Emma as her durability would allow here to tank it. It seemed like Kidman never really argued any point, he just posted his scans to better showcase his argument. More than half of the debate should be post, basic rebuttals and counters. god_spawn was able to post/point out your team's weaknesses, but you never really did. Honestly, if you don't know much about the character, look him up, find a weakness or a scan showing them getting their butt whooped, and ask about it. All in all, Kidman, I'd say, put in a bit more into your counters. You're proactive, but you need to be reactive as well.

All in all, really fun to read, I learned a lot more about all 4 characters.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God_spawn.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#53 god_spawn  Moderator
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 god_spawn  Moderator

@kidman560: My biggest piece of advice is scans don't make the argument. They should be supplements. It's fun to use scans and stuff, but when it comes down to it, they aren't the most important piece. In CaV's they do help, but I didn't have scans for every single piece of evidence and I didn't let my whole debate revolve around them.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: My biggest piece of advice is scans don't make the argument. They should be supplements. It's fun to use scans and stuff, but when it comes down to it, they aren't the most important piece. In CaV's they do help, but I didn't have scans for every single piece of evidence and I didn't let my whole debate revolve around them.

QFT

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Cooldes
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I think you proved that Emma has the durability to tank pretty much everything the team has here. And you did show that even if Emma cannot shut off there minds she is arguably skilled enough to trick them. I think you also showed that psylocke has the skills to hang. You also countered his points pretty effectively like when he posted the taskmaster fight you brought up it was likely because of his arrogance.

As for @kidman560 as God_spawn said you uploaded a lot of scans and you seem to dependent on them. You need to explain things more. For example in post 21 you posted some speed feats for Elektra and Gambit and then you said "Elektra being the fastest one here". You didn't really explain what was happening in the scan. Not saying you need a paragraph explanation for every scans but some bullets like:

• Elektra catches a knife easily and tosses it back
  • steals punisher gun before he reacts

It makes whatever point you are getting across easier to understand. Also some times people like me are lazy and I only skim scans, I will read the summary of what people are saying and if I see any feats stick out those are the ones I will check out.

I think you also need to be more careful with what you upload. God_spawn mentioned that gambit beat sabretooth when he was sick and then you upload that one scan in response (along with his fight with blade and mention of him fighting blade). And reading the scan gambit mentions that sabretooth is sick so you pretty much proved his point.

And another thing is I think you need to use the right feat at the right point in your debate. When God_spawn brought up how psylocke likes to go melee against people you said this works perfect for you. And it does. But then you uploaded a feat of her dodging an optic blast from a skrull. The point you needed to prove was elektras hand to hand skills and reflexes, not her avoidance. I think you would have been better off using the taskmaster fight at that moment instead. Or one of Elektra's fights with daredevil or one of the fights with bullseye which she won (bullseye may not be famous for his hand to hand skills but he does have some decent feats), or whatever other hand to hand feats elektra has.

And then there is your last post. This comes back to scans don't make the argument basically. But you had all scans but no dialogue. I wasn't clear what points each scan was suppose to counter. And you want to try and finish big in a challenge a viner. The final post doesn't have to be the best but I think you should try to make it your best (this could just be a personal thing admittedly). And not really mandatory but a summary of what your main arguments are could be helpful in your last post. Again you don't need paragraphs but some bullet points like

• Gambits blasts are powerful enough to hurt emma based on....
  • Elektra is more skilled then psylocke based on....
  • etc.

Basically a basic list of your reasons to refresh anyone's memory could help (Again you don't have if you don't want to but I think find that a summary at the end helps).

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well done @kidman560 I see you getting better and better each debate. I think you did a very good job bringing in scans to support your argument, however I feel like a lot was assumed, and not explained to the best of your ability. This was not a butt whooping like in the BIO, but I feel @god_spawn won this won. He was very clear with his points he made, and explained the scans he provided more thoroughly.

Kidman, You have balls my friend!!!

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@god_spawn: Well, like Kidman, every one in a while I get a little mazochistic and challenge one of the vine's top dogs. Never tried debating against someone on your caliber though, so if you've got the time...

Right now though (in the following 2 weeks+-) I won't have a ton of time and I'm in 2 tourneys already so it'd be less practical (I can still debate though but I won't post as often as I would usually).

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: you got gots i wouldnt even go up against god spawn im tough p but not enough to handle him

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#61  Edited By kidman560

@oceanmaster21: ehh i figure the only way to get better is to challenge the best! besides its not everyday you can say you held your own (somewhat) against a mod. killemall is also a tough guy to beat i would love to see a debate between @god_spawn and @killemall. like thats one where i would pop popcorn and read!

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Yeah, even I wouldn't put myself in a debate with God_Spawn.

this, I mean, I would depending on what characters were on the table...lets say GS picks someone I know about and I pick someone he doesn't know about but it's still fair...then I'll go for it since I got the upper hand and can pull some spontaneous sh*t out the box that would be my ace in da hole. It's all about choosing your battles wisely if you want to have any hope of success, especially when dealing with vets like GS who practically know everything.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 god_spawn  Moderator

@ancient_0f_days: The gifs and champ thing have been almost a signature for a year now. Need to keep the trend alive :p.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Killemall

killemall is also a tough guy to beat i would love to see a debate between @god_spawn and @killemall.

Thats not a bad concept, although, honest to goodness truth, God_Spawn should beat me more times than other way around. That being said we are unlikely to butt heads on a normal thread, much less a CaV, because at the end of the day, we like 2 different sort of characters. I am more into high ends cosmic, while God_Spawn, specializes in X-men stuffs or street level stuffs, admittedly i know very little about those, making it hard to actually have one.

But maybe someday we will butt heads, that remains to be seen.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 god_spawn  Moderator

@killemall: You could very well beat me, but you're right. We both have our preferences that kind of stem into completely different areas, but I don't think I'm so helpless when it comes to a lot of characters. If anything, I'd like to think I have a good amount of versatility.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Killemall

@god_spawn: I think you are pretty versatile, but i certainly cant debate you in the street level department, i could take you on in cosmic powerhouse department that would be fun, but likely a very slow progressing debate given i dont often come online apart from Friday and Sunday.

But just out of curiosity, maybe for someday, can you think of any character you would like to debate against either Maelstrom or Deathurge, or perhaps a team of the two? Those are like the 2 character, whose history i just finished reading recently, any character you had in mind who you think could challange the two?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@killemall: You could definitely take me in the cosmic department. I'll admit that much. And I can't off of the top of my head atm. Given some thought I could.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DarkRaiden

Obvious @god_spawn won but I do feel, like jashro said, if @kidman560 extrapolated a bit more on his scans and if made more arguments than just showcasing scans...he could have won. Though dem morals.....did cripple him some as far as charging psylocke, but I feel you could have worked around that against Emma and then basically had a 2 on 1, which shouldn't be too hard to argue. Good job both of you and kidman, you are improving.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Well kidman did his best but I'm not gonna lie, stepping into the ring with @god_spawn is a very difficult experience. It takes stones to go against the champ and here the champ utterly dominated the debate. Though this was the likely outcome, my late vote solifies GS' lead in the CAV.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obvious @god_spawn won but I do feel, like jashro said, if @kidman560 extrapolated a bit more on his scans and if made more arguments than just showcasing scans...he could have won. Though dem morals.....did cripple him some as far as charging psylocke, but I feel you could have worked around that against Emma and then basically had a 2 on 1, which shouldn't be too hard to argue. Good job both of you and kidman, you are improving.

Agreed.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 god_spawn  Moderator

@kidman560: Thank you for the debate, btw. It was fun using Emma again. I haven't done so in a long time.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jwwprod

God_Spawn.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: well once i get more CaV's under my belt and if you feel like it i have always wanted to do Emma vs Cable (when he had his powers, but not Messiah Cable!) but not right now. you and Veitha, both of yall love Emma!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: By any chance do you know the issue in which Elektra fought Wolverine, the one were she was wearing trousers?

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@kidman560: By any chance do you know the issue in which Elektra fought Wolverine, the one were she was wearing trousers?

you mean this one.

not off the top of my head no! but i can look through and see if i cant find it.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You copied my GIF >:)

Are you my the Ryback to my Goldberg >:)))))

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux: Nope. Raiiyn posted that GIF in a different thread in celebration of my 3 years on the Vine, and I took and made it my background for a month. You had nothing to do with it.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Nope. Raiiyn posted that GIF in a different thread in celebration of my 3 years on the Vine, and I took and made it my background for a month. You had nothing to do with it.

#Jokes#Got it from your image collection#We need to do a CaV.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux: We do. I can't over the weekend, and I need to see how my new work schedule is going to pan out next week for free time. It was supposed to be more, but I have a bunch of appointments I need to get done.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Pfftt.. Lol at people voting for @god_spawn because he's a Mod. He's overrarted... *Hides under Mom's skirt with a bible*

@god_spawn Gets my vote. However, Kidman only needs more experience and knowledge since i think God_Spawn knew equally if not more about Gambit/Elektra than Kidman. However, i do like underdogs trying their best. Kudos for that @kidman560. I myself im aiming for God_Spawn after i become an "expert" in some characters.

@kidman560 I gotta say, you did good, but i think you lacked of aggressive attitude, which i think is vital if arguing against Spawn IMO. To avoid misinterpretation, im don't mean "insulting"/"talk with harsh language" but to stand by your points as he does until it is countered properly rather than try to look for other points to give even though your main point still has debatable field.

Keep it up both of you. :)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 god_spawn  Moderator

@ghostravage: You don't need to be aggressive when debating me. It's not like I'm intimidating or anything.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@ghostravage: You don't need to be aggressive when debating me. It's not like I'm intimidating or anything.

Lies... You are intimidating because of consistent spanking people around.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah...... You keep telling yourself that

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 god_spawn  Moderator
GhostRavage