Who wins?

#2 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

lol in the new SWTC he gets owned by a dog and than again by a girl XD

Ki-Adi stomps.

#3 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

Ki-Adi stomps.

I was shocked in the episode this past saturday, he nearly got owned by a Zebarak girl. I however am open minded on who will win.

#4 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn:Well Ki-Adi seems to be a little better than Obi in my opinion and could pull off a win

especially since the win ratio between Maul and Obi are leaning very much so to the Jedi.

#5 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by ShootingNova (15651 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

Ki-Adi stomps.

I was shocked in the episode this past saturday, he nearly got owned by a Zebarak girl. I however am open minded on who will win.

Well, this is why the CW is filled with PIS, CIS, WIS, and so on.

#7 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:Like the time Grievous lost to

Kit Fisto

Obi Wan (6 times)

Ventress

Jar Jar Binks

Ashoka Tano

ect,

#8 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

@ShootingNova:Like the time Grievous lost to

Kit Fisto

Obi Wan (6 times)

Ventress

Jar Jar Binks

Ashoka Tano

ect,

Kit Fisto is a pretty good duelist, so I'l give it a pass.

Obi-Wan just keeps escaping..

Puh-leese, Ashoka got OWNED.

#9 Posted by ShootingNova (15651 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_: The first two is in no way PIS, CIS, or WIS.

LOL at the Binks and stuff. That's why the battles are like... childish.

#10 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Who wins this battle?

#11 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give this to Ki Adi

#12 Edited by ShootingNova (15651 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

@ShootingNova said:

Who wins this battle?

Which Maul is this? Nevertheless, I don't think turning into a cyborg affected Maul's fighting skill drastically.

Ki-Adi Mundi probably has better telekinetic strength, as he has lifted a skiff before. I personally see it as skiff > to boulders.

Saber-wise, Ki-Adi is pretty good, standing up to Grievous while drained, but Maul is basically about on par with Grievous. As such, Maul definitely wins.

#13 Posted by TheJester (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Maul on this. I don't know exactly how they measure up towards eachother, but i'm pretty sure Qui-Gon was a better duelist than Ki-Adi? Either way, i'm giving it to the killing machine Darth Maul.

#14 Posted by ShootingNova (15651 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheJester: Qui-Gon was past his prime at that point. Around that time, he had no feats to suggest him being superior to Ki-Adi Mundi at all.

#15 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul would almost certeinly win IMO

#16 Posted by Joygirl (18686 posts) - - Show Bio

I will go with Maul. They have gone to great lengths to make him seem like a total and utter badass.

#17 Posted by ShootingNova (15651 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul wins a solid majority. 7-8/10.

#18 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace and Qui Gon were supposed to be the best Duelists behind Yoda, but Qui Gons Force power in general was not supposed to be as good as those already on the council. So...it is possible that Mauls saber skill was better than Ki Adi, but that makes little difference when your opponent is significantly more powerful in the Force than you are. Just my opinion.

#19 Posted by ShootingNova (15651 posts) - - Show Bio

Qui-Gon was not the best duelist behind Yoda with Mace (at least during the time Maul killed him), Anoon Bondara, Cin Drallig etc. are supposed to be better.

#20 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna have to disagree on that one, Qui Gon was stated to be as good as Mace in combat saber skill.

#21 Posted by ImBoredLetsDebate (468 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

Gonna have to disagree on that one, Qui Gon was stated to be as good as Mace in combat saber skill.

Not in The Phantom Menace. He was well past his prime by then.

However, I am interested in how came to the conclusion that Darth Maul would win majority when you stated that Darth is almost as good as Grievous (which is debateable) and Ki-Adi Mundi was able to hold his own vs Grievous even know Ki-Adi was injured, and Ki-Adi is more than likely more powerful with the force, as you also stated.

#22 Posted by ShootingNova (15651 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImBoredLetsDebate: Darth Maul and Grievous are about exact equals, regarding all of the EU and so on.

Ki-Adi held his own for a brief period, which is remarkable, the problem is that he is basically holding his own against an equally powerful opponent (and the same results are to be expected, minus the fact that Ki-Adi is in a better condition).

#23 Posted by ShootingNova (15651 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

TPM Qui-Gon was past his prime, and Mace was probably before his prime at that point anyways. Not too good.

#24 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2780 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with nova,,,maul wins by a slight majority,,,maul IMO has an advantage with saber skills while ki-adi has better force TK but maul should be pretty well protected with a force shield

#25 Posted by ShootingNova (15651 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bane_of_sith: It isn't a slight, but solid majority.

#26 Posted by ImBoredLetsDebate (468 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@ImBoredLetsDebate: Darth Maul and Grievous are about exact equals, regarding all of the EU and so on.

Ki-Adi held his own for a brief period, which is remarkable, the problem is that he is basically holding his own against an equally powerful opponent (and the same results are to be expected, minus the fact that Ki-Adi is in a better condition).

The difference between the Grievous fight and this fight would be that Grievous was using a style that the Jedi did not know about, so they had no way to train against it; which, along with being injured, makes this feat very remarkable, imo. Maul is using a style that Jedi know and have defended against in training. Add on to the fact that Juyo isn't the best against people who utilize force powers during fights, and I believe this battle would be closer than you think.

#27 Posted by ShootingNova (15651 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImBoredLetsDebate: No, Grievous was trained in all the seven lightsaber forms (and potentially utilized hybrid variants, but he still used Jar'Kai), and yes, the feat is impressive. Juyo is meant to overwhelm beings quickly, the purpose of it is to overwhelm Mundi before he can go onto the offensive.

#28 Posted by ImBoredLetsDebate (468 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@ImBoredLetsDebate: No, Grievous was trained in all the seven lightsaber forms (and potentially utilized hybrid variants, but he still used Jar'Kai), and yes, the feat is impressive. Juyo is meant to overwhelm beings quickly, the purpose of it is to overwhelm Mundi before he can go onto the offensive.

The base style may be Jar'Kai, but the way he utilized it, to my knowledge, was never seen by Jedi before. How many times had Jedi fought an opponent that could use more than 2 blades? He was able to use his feet as claws and used that to his advantage on more than one occasion. I think that Maul would probably win most the time if it were just lightsaber combat. Solid majority like you said, but, if Ki-Adi utilizes the force and Maul's arrogant behavior to exploit Juyo/Maul's weakness more often than not, then I'm leaning towards 5/10.

#29 Posted by ShootingNova (15651 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImBoredLetsDebate: Actually, that was more of an advantage of Shii-Cho masters such as Kit Fisto, and Soresu masters such as Obi-Wan could fare fine against him.

The thing is that once Maul initiates into saber combat (which he will) it becomes a win.

#30 Posted by Wolfrazer (6080 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova said:

Qui-Gon was not the best duelist behind Yoda with Mace (at least during the time Maul killed him), Anoon Bondara, Cin Drallig etc. are supposed to be better.

Off topic, but I wish Cin was more exposed and had some appearances. Hes one of my fav characters in Star Wars, I know he was big in the EP 3 game but that is about it, he is a good character I think and though not really shown was an awesome saber duelist, trained by Yoda, trained Obi-Wan and Anakin, I mean you don't become Battlemaster of the entire Jedi Order by twiddling your thumbs.  I kinda wish they actually showed the fight between him and Anakin, I have a hard time believing that with his skill he was quickly beaten by Anakin especially since he was really the only significant threat in the Temple. 

But anyway sorry lol, seemed to have gone off on a tangent so i'll stop.
#31 Posted by ShootingNova (15651 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: RotS movie does show a little in a hologram.

#32 Posted by Wolfrazer (6080 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova said:

@Wolfrazer: RotS movie does show a little in a hologram.

Ya I know, but it showed like what? 3 seconds? Not very much.
#33 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Qui Gon might have been past his prime, I can be lenient on that one.

This is a debate of a Jedi Council head vs someone who had trouble defeating someone with high combat skill, but moderate Force powers. Ki Adi Mundis Force power was significantly more than Qui Gon and I think he would have obliterated Maul in a 1v1. Force power, which Qui Gon was never known for or stated to have a great deal of, is not the same as raw saber combat skills, which Mace was stated to be one of the best behind Yoda, and that Qui Gon was about on Par with.

Maul clearly had more Force awareness and power than Qui Gon. That was always how I saw it. Against one of the heads of the Jedi Council, I think Maul would have another thing coming and would meet a swift end.