owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator
Kevin Matchstick runs the gauntlet.

Kevin is at his best, and has the Bat (Excalibur) with its full range of powers.  He will not face any reciprocity from the Bat for fighting good characters.

(Quick summary of his powers: super strength and durability, slight superhuman agility, precise aim; the bat is magic and radiates energy; it can shoot energy, return to his hand after being thrown, and block energy attacks)

He is fully healed and rested after each round.

The battles take place at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.  There is a patch of 50x300' land next to the river.  They start 20' apart.

Each combatant is in character, except that they are all willing to fight to the death.  Win by death/KO/incapacitation.

His opponents:
Tombstone (standard powered version, with aluminum baseball bat and a garotte)
Scorpion (classic suit)
Warpath (recent 25-tonner level, with vibranium knives)
Wrecker (standard, with crowbar)
Ares (standard, with axe)
Hulk (normal, savage version) 

Kevin Matchstick
Kevin Matchstick
Tombstone
Tombstone
Scorpion
Scorpion
Warpath
Warpath
Wrecker
Wrecker
Ares
Ares

Hulk
Hulk
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

Bumparoo!

One reason I think this gauntlet is interesting is that Kevin has on the one hand single-handedly and fairly quickly beaten a powerful dragon ( Cromm Cruich), which would, I think, pose far more of a danger than Hulk.  On the other hand, it also took Kevin longer to defeat, for instance, the Man-Mountain of Dzoxk, who would I think be less powerful than Hulk.  His record is a bit uneven depending on the narrative context.

Also, while Kevin is pretty strong and durable, and the Bat is pretty powerful, I'm not sure how skilled he is in terms of combat.  Theoretically as an avatar of King Arthur and Gilgamesh, his skills should be top notch, but we don't see him clashing swords with his opponents much.  He usually just crushes monsters with the Bat in a fairly direct way.  So I feel like his skill level is up in the air, leaving him open to even some of the first opponents in the gauntlet.

I'll be glad to answer any questions about Kevin, if you need help in deciding.  I'm surprised that he's almost totally absent in the forums.