Ken vs Johnny Cage

• 62 results
NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ken should win but a crossover would still be cool.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: Goes to show you know NOTHING about capcom and udon relationship. Capcom has stated that the udon stories aren't canon, but the FEATS are. Johnny cage beating ken masters? lol

I ask you, what "feat" did he present that was canon?

@cmcmcmcm said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

It is OK to loose an debate here on CV, but don't make a fool of yourself in the process.

Sorry, its hard to here your swan song over all the other users who no your full of fan bias double standards :)

I'm not the only person here who says JC would win, but beyond that, you still haven't proven anything. You posted a scan and said because Ken beat Zangief in an officially stated, non canon comic where even you admit the story means nothing, and say that that means something. No.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@cmcmcmcm said:

It is a garbage argument as NONE OF THE MK CHARACTERS have any feats themselves outside game mechanics. There is practically no feats via cut scenes. At least Zangief wrestles multiple Grizzly's in the game more of feat than Cage who has no feats of strength outside game mechanics fatalities which are not game cut scenes that affect the story, just a in game finisher. Whenever Johnny Cage uses a fatality, and kills the target player, that player is still alive in the game story mode. Its a non canon game mechanic genius.

Your argument is garbage not because I dislike, its Garbage cause its a double standard argument, and fan bias nonsense LOL.

Ex. : Cage survived being blasted by Shang Tsung's Fire ball in the OG MK2 comic...

No Caption Provided

This comic is a canon comic from MK2, but still the argument is just the same. Shang's Fireball has also been shown blasting apart stone pillars, and downing military helicopters in cut scenes and such, thus Johnny cage has some decent durability and resilience when you look at this feat.

LOL at this. This comic is not canon because everything was Retcon in the last game genius! Your clearly just looking for nonsense arguments to make Cage seem the winner here and hold double standards.

No Caption Provided

Game set match.

You obviously don't know anything about the MK-verse, or what MK9 actually was to the series in terms of retconning the past material.

Ed Boon officially stated that the game was a RE-TELLING of the past games events, and like many other stories where past timelines are revisited and subsequently changed, they DO NOT retcon the past material out right, but retell the story WHILE keeping the past history in tact. Here is a video of a guy explaining this better than I could here, only he is talking about the upcoming movie Terminator Genisys, and he uses other movies like the rebooted Star Trek, and the old Back to the Future movies...

Loading Video...

You can watch the whole thing (it's a pretty good review of the new Terminator trailer), or just from 1:17, and he goes on for about a minute or so.

Anyway, MK9 is an exemplary example of this, but because you are less interesting being accurate, and more interested in being "right", I guess the facts elude / don't matter to you.

Whatever though. Like I already said, accuracy isn't what you are going for here, so I guess we are done.

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By cmcmcmcm

@onilordasmodeus: MK 9 retcons all establish history. Period. End of story.

MK characters are featless more so than Street Fighter. All feats they have are in game, and fatalities do not count since killing characters does not affect the story line.

You have nothing. You want to play the lame "by canon feats" game, then prepare to lose. MK are some of the most "featless" by canon out there.

Now if we allow reasonable feats from sources like movies, comics, and some in game scenes, then Ken still wins.

It's not about trying to be right, it just happens I am.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmcmcmcm said:

@onilordasmodeus: MK 9 retcons all establish history. Period. End of story.

If that is the case...

1. Though MK9 didn't re-tell the events of Mortal Kombat Mythologies, which is an established story that took place before the events of MK1, but Raiden did mention Bi Han involvement in that game during the events of MK9, was Mythologies erased?
  2. What about the Quan Chi? In MK Mythologies, he stole Shinnok's amulet, on top of that being the game were he and Shang made their alliance in regards to MK1, was all that erased to?
  3. What about MK Deception, where Shujinko was introduced. That game's story started before MK1 with Shujinko meeting Bo Rai Cho, and him being trained YEARS before MK1. Shujinko helped / had interactions with characters such as Kenshi, Nightwolf, and even Subzero's father (presumed as such) before the events of MK1...was all that erased as well?

I'll have you know as well that some of the endings in MK9 refer to charters and event that existed / happened both before and after MK9, that also corroborate with past games. But again, none of that matters because facts don't matter, right?

It would really seem you are just reaching for straws and hollow arguments as you know nothing, to very little, about what you speak. Again, it is ok to be ignorant on such things, but it is when you go spewing falsehoods and opinion rooted nothing is bias for/against something, which is when you start to look/act foolish.

And btw, "I have nothing"? I presented more than you did, to which you didn't respond with any argument. You only tried to write off my evidence as "garbage" since it didn't suite your needs. You can't argue against a claim for a comic (actually a claim against the argument based from that comic) and its being invalid due to it being non-canon, by arguing the same thing on the other side, all while saying you can use yours. That makes no sense...but again, your goal isn't to make sense, it's to...look dumb??

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: MK used time travel and changed events in the past? Yes? Ret Con. Deal with it.

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johnny Cage wins. All I'm seeing is people arguing about non canon feats which is irrelevant. Johnny Cage has his own set of special powers. He can also take a hell of a beating and is an excellent fighter. He was beating Shinnok so bad, who is a fallen Elder God, that he had to flee. Cage also beat Reptile, Baraka and Kano. All of which are highly skilled in martial arts. Kano is also a dirty fighter and he got a beatdown Cage style and also fled. Johnny Cage is more underrated than Ken, in my opinion.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Only way Cage wins is via lucky *** punch. Besides that Ken should win.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Going with JC

ComiKing24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ken wins.

ComiKing24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ken is a better natural fighter than Ryu

Agreed. People think he's not better because Ryu is the main character and people just underestimate Ken period.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I can tell, Ken destroys.

Avatar image for theimmovableobject52
TheImmovableObject52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johnny is a great fighter but so is Ken his skills are greater than Ryu's Johnny and Ken both think there gods gift to man honestly this fight would be one for the ages but this is how it would go down as a fight ensues between the both of them they are equally matched and then end the fight as the join forces