#3  Edited By synchronized_123
Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

@synchronized_123: *checks respect thread* ... How is my boy Luther even having a chance in this battle...

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee8c9da928
deactivated-5aeee8c9da928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Uhhh, this Kat should be fighting Spiderman not Luther Strode.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I am not joking Spiderman won't beat a smart and bloodlusted Kaneki.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mismatch. Kaneki massively outclasses him in every way. Kaneki is a solid mid-tier.

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does everyone insist on putting OP anime fighters against people that can't keep up?

Avatar image for synchronized_123
synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By those_eyes

@lukehero: @synchronized_123: @eisenfauste: @mikasaackerman:

@oreoassassin said:

Mismatch. Kaneki massively outclasses him in every way. Kaneki is a solid mid-tier.

WTF Solid mid tier?

Can one of you guys explain to my why Kaneki seems so damned nerfed in this seasons anime compared to when he whiped the sh!t out ouf jason at the end of last season?

Ive watched up to episode 5 of this season aswell and Kaneki was rolling over in pain from a couple cuts and a gut punch that put him on his knees. How is he gonna go from getting his leg basically ripped to shreds pretty much and having it go back in place in less than 5 seconds with no sign of pain on his face but yet he cant keep himself composed from a simple punch? Even in centipede mode he fell to the ground from being cut once in the gut (episode 5)

Here you can see him pretty much get one shotted from a solid stomach punch from a guy who doesnt look too much stronger than luther

Loading Video...

Im not saying luther is gonna win but considering what ive seen the last couple episodes of tokyo ghoul i just dont understand how you guys see Ken at the same level he was at the end of season 1. Mainly from a durability/regenerative point he shouldnt be struggling like ive seen him in the last couple episodes compared to where he was shrugging off being thrown through a wall like a baseball and walking out of it like nothing happend.

Addmidelty i dont know much about tokyo ghoul so what all im saying is just from what i recall. Maybe you guys can enlighten me if ken is this inconsistent all throughout the manga?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Season 1 is Kaneki going from human to ghoul, season 2 is Kaneki going from ghoul back to human. In season 2 he is starting to lose his ghoul side and going further to his human side gradually getting weaker and weaker. Then he realizes if he is weak his friends will die as well so because of all that pain he loses his sanity. This guy shouldn't even be stronger than Jason.

synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By synchronized_123

@those_eyes:This is the same thing that happened to Kaneki in the manga, except he got punched in the gut once, and he was trying to keep himself from vomiting blood all over the place. During his fight with Shinohara in the manga, he was on his knees when he got nearly sliced in half as well. Heck, he was even left crawling on the ground when Amon blew off half his waist while in centipede form. Btw, during his second fight with martial arts man, he was going all out on him with his kagune, and the dude just shrugged off his attacks like nothing, and punched him 2 stories down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f81f7f31bf06
deactivated-5f81f7f31bf06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Based on what i've seen and heard my impressions of Kaneki were that he's a high/top street leveler. Simple mistake that i'll learn from.

You're acting like I made Ichigo vs Wolverine or something.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Sachi is an SS Rated Ghoul and he only lost in Centipede Form because of the RC Gas that was released.

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikasaackerman: Jasons only an S-Rated Ghoul. No where near Sachi's level of power

synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By synchronized_123

@oreoassassin said:

@mikasaackerman: Jasons only an S-Rated Ghoul. No where near Sachi's level of power

Now if Arima was up against Luther....

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaneki getting some good respect it seems. About time, also use feats from the damn manga, not the anime. Leaning on Kaneki myself.

synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By synchronized_123

@cooljammy18: Kaneki stomps. He speedblitzes Luther. Not only is Kaneki as fast as Spiderman, but he is also 5 times more durable than him.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By those_eyes

@cooljammy18: Kaneki stomps. He speedblitzes Luther. Not only is Kaneki as fast as Spiderman, but he is also 5 times more durable than him.

what? so kaneki could take hits from the hulk like spiderman can?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: He got knocked through 2 walls, got thrown by Jason, punched right in the gut by an SS ranked ghoul. There is a lot more. Kaneki's regen is amazing too.

Got both his eyes striked right through the brain but is alive. As in literally 2 holes in his head and he lived.Bullets and knives have no effect on normal ghouls. Kaneki is in fact rated as an SS ranked ghoul. Spiderman can be killed by swords and guns.

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OreoAssassin

@mikasaackerman: Can you put a Spoiler block on that second to last sentence for the anime-only watchers please :)

That reveal was a big thingin the Manga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikasaackerman: thanks it not your fault but people go CRAZY about spoilers like that now a days.

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes:

The owl is an example of an SSS ranked ghoul. The manga is not finished. Kaneki lived and became Sasaki after he lost his memories. He will probably be an SSS ranked ghoul because the author still hasn't revealed his complete kakuja form.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BoringPerson

EoS Kaneki? Or Anime Kaneki? Or Current Kaneki?

All very different.

EoS Kaneki wins without much trouble. Anime loses soundly. Current puts up a fight but loses soundly as well.

I generally rank Luther Strode as roughly equal to a skilled New 52 Deathstroke.

I honestly believe that EoS Kaneki is mid-tier (above street level) but lacking in versatility.

General ghoul feats

EX. Lapua .338's fail to meaningfully damage Ghouls. Anti-Ghoul Lapua .338's fail to even scratch Kagune.

End of Series Spoilers:

EoS Kaneki has an intelligent movable full body Kagune.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: They wear masks so their faces are not seen. Doves are hunting for ghouls. Its pretty obvious and isn't a manga spoiler.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: They wear masks so their faces are not seen. Doves are hunting for ghouls. Its pretty obvious and isn't a manga spoiler.

I kinda figured that but its just that alot of times they seem to disregard wearing their masks at times when confronted with doves like whats the point to hiding your identity if you are just gonna get rid of the mask or not wear it at all.

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Yes the Owl is an SSS Rated-Ghoul. They do it to hide their faces like Mikasa said

synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By synchronized_123

@those_eyes: Manga Kaneki is a lot stronger than Anime Kaneki. He tackled someone 3 stories down a building and had no visible damage on him. Got punched 2 stories down a building, and only had minor bruises.

EoS Kaneki as in the end of the first manga would just live out the tentacle rape fantasies many fans want on Luther. His kagune is so strong that Arima who didn't even have trouble taking on the Owl, got scratched on the cheek by Kaneki.(Yes, that's how OP Arima is)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Manga Kaneki is a lot stronger than Anime Kaneki. He tackled someone 3 stories down a building and had no visible damage on him. Got punched 2 stories down a building, and only had minor bruises.

EoS Kaneki as in the end of the first manga would just live out the tentacle rape fantasies many fans want on Luther. His kagune is so strong that Arima who didn't even have trouble taking on the Owl, got scratched on the cheek by Kaneki.(Yes, that's how OP Arima is)

Spoiler of peace!

synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By synchronized_123

@those_eyes: I didn't tell you what happens to Kaneki next. ;)

A correction. Arima cut off the arms of the real Owl and wasn't even hit once. Mind you that the Owl was soloing characters on the level of Shinohara(The guy with the armor from episode 5 of Root A) while making fun of them.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I didn't tell you what happens to Kaneki next. ;)

A correction. Arima cut off the arms of the real Owl and wasn't even hit once. Mind you that the Owl was soloing characters on the level of Shinohara(The guy with the armor from episode 5 of Root A) while making fun of them.

who is Arima?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaneki stomps.

synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: I beg to differ. All versions of Kaneki win. One stomps, one Wins with low-mid diff, and one wins mid-diff Remember anime Kaneki showed better feats in his fight with Jason and was waltzing in the middle of Ayato's flurry of crystal bullets while maintaing a casual look. His kagune is also strong enough to overturn a CCG convoy.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BoringPerson

@synchronized_123 said:

@boringperson: I beg to differ. All versions of Kaneki win. One stomps, one Wins with low-mid diff, and one wins mid-diff Remember anime Kaneki showed better feats in his fight with Jason and was waltzing in the middle of Ayato's flurry of crystal bullets while maintaing a casual look. His kagune is also strong enough to overturn a CCG convoy.

Ayato's Ukaku based projectiles have no speed placed on them. Assuming they're even bullet level speed is just speculation as Anime Ghouls haven't been shown to be bullet timers.

Anime Jason has far inferior feats as compared to manga and wasn't confident in taking out Noob Amon and weak weaponed Mado Kureo, preferring instead to run.

Luther Strode has the skill, experience, above peak human speed, and cutting feats to take down Anime Kaneki. So far, I'd give Deathstroke with armor/sword a win over Anime Kaneki, and I find Luther Strode's better close range power output more than enough to take Kaneki down for a majority.

Perhaps I'm a bit late to the party (I'm assuming he hasn't met Kamishiro Matasaka (Shachi) and gotten better and beaten in the anime yet, though I haven't seen the most recent episode) but, until Kaneki faces Kamishiro and learns some martial arts, he's severely outskilled.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ken Kaneki.

synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@synchronized_123 said:

Ayato's Ukaku based projectiles have no speed placed on them. Assuming they're even bullet level speed is just speculation as Anime Ghouls haven't been shown to be bullet timers.

Anime Jason has far inferior feats as compared to manga and wasn't confident in taking out Noob Amon and weak weaponed Mado Kureo, preferring instead to run.

Luther Strode has the skill, experience, above peak human speed, and cutting feats to take down Anime Kaneki. So far, I'd give Deathstroke with armor/sword a win over Anime Kaneki, and I find Luther Strode's better close range power output more than enough to take Kaneki down for a majority.

Perhaps I'm a bit late to the party (I'm assuming he hasn't met Kamishiro Matasaka (Shachi) and gotten better and beaten in the anime yet, though I haven't seen the most recent episode) but, until Kaneki faces Kamishiro and learns some martial arts, he's severely outskilled.

I never said they were real bullets, now did I? And even if they are a lot slower than a bullet. Kaneki was actually running towards Ayato in the middle of his attacks without getting hit. Luther would just get gunned down running towards Ayato in the middle of his fury. The fact that they were at least able to cut Kaneki's shoulder shows their power as it was still shown in the anime how Kaneki bent a knife while trying to stab himself. Sure he may not be as powerful as Manga Kaneki, but he could still beat Luther.

What feats did he do better in the manga? Anime Jason speedblitzed pre-torture Kaneki. He was even able to withstand Kaneki slamming his kagune on him at full force which resulted in an 8-10 foot wide crater. Granted he was down after, but he was still intact. Anime Jason was actually just toying with Amon and Mado evident by how he puts his hands in his pocket and dodges the 2 investigators moves while casually smiling. He even said "I'll play with you for a minute".

Btw, Haise when going all out is comparable to Aogiri Raid Kaneki, just that his kagune is stronger than Aogiri Raid Kaneki's.

ostarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime Kaneki could lose a few rounds

EoS Kaneki would easily win

Current Kaneki, aka Sasaki, supposedly has a weaker kagune than EoS Kaneki despite having some sort of ridiculous feats (instantly recovering from and regenerating a huge hole in his chest, easily sticking his kagune into concrete and making it shoot out meters away), but he's likely much more skilled

synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By synchronized_123

@ostarion: Actually, Sasaki has a stronger kagune then EoS Kaneki. Just that he has less, and by that, I mean much less finesse than EoS Kaneki with his kagune. The Serpent fight doesn't count since it's basically Sasaki's Kaneki persona taking control of the fight and outright mutilating Serpent.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson said:
@synchronized_123 said:

Luther would just get gunned down running towards Ayato in the middle of his fury.

http://www.comicvine.com/luther-strode/4005-80387/forums/luther-strode-respect-thread-1524978/

Luther Strode has much better feats than Anime Kaneki. He's more quanitfiably fast. He's more ruthless. He's farmore skilled. He has better damage output. The fact that you think he would get tagged by Ayato's inquantifiably fast Ukaku shards shows your ignorance of the character.

I seriously can't believe they actually skipped months of the manga...

I just caught up with the rather mediocre quality S2 of the anime... Which I will stop watching barring an insane jump in quality...

What a disappointment. I bet the Mangaka just facepalms at how much the anime actually misses the most important points of the manga... It completely misses the legitimately important background plot points and lacks the ambiance of despair because of it's obvious lack of production money and confidence.

But I digress...