#1 Posted by WillPayton (8411 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

Who wins this epic battle?

#2 Posted by Cor_Tsar (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I would originally assume KC JLA, but considering how Supes did against Gog, i'll take Zeus.

#3 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2168 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm good one. Zeus' lack of feats kills me and is always a con for him in these battle threads. Gotta think about this a little more......

#4 Posted by New_World_Order (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Hulk and Namor punching him numerous of times to no success. Even a Mjolnir throw from Thor only "humbles him". Beats on them too.

Thor doesn't even phase him.

Pulsar even tries with a full power blast. Zeud doesn't even flinch. She says she "hit him with enough energy to expend on Nebula's starship" Which seems to be a lot

Than One-shots Namor, She-Hulk, Monica Rambeau, Black Knight and Namor easily.

Just some feats I thought I should post. Shows how durable he can be, and how easily he can put down someone of Thor's level with ease.

#5 Edited by DeathandGrim (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea but KC Supes is above Thor's level, theoretically.

KC Green Lantern had enough power to live in a city construct above the Earth for 10 years

Going off of speculation, this could be one hell of a fight

#6 Posted by Veshark (8521 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a little tricky, considering the KC JLA's power level is a little theoretical. But as I understand, KC Superman once crossed over to regular Earth in JSA? Might be some feats there.

#7 Posted by RetconCrisis (3249 posts) - - Show Bio
@veshark said:

It's a little tricky, considering the KC JLA's power level is a little theoretical. But as I understand, KC Superman once crossed over to regular Earth in JSA? Might be some feats there.

In Thy Kingdom Come, when KC Superman worked with the JSA of Earth 2, the JSA had barely defeated Gog, who is a bit lower than Odin. Since Odin is supposed to be equal with Zeus in terms of power, it is safe (not really) to say that Zeus would beat the KC JSA. Even though the KC JSA is stronger than the JSA of Earth 2, Gog threw them around pretty easily.

Gog did this btw:

And Gog is a bit lower than Odin and Zeus

#8 Edited by WillPayton (8411 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Yes he did, and joined up with the JSA to fight Magog (Gog?) and the Elder God Gog. That series was called Thy Kingdom Come.

#9 Edited by Wolfrazer (4960 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus really needs more appearances/feats tbh...such a waste of a character. But then that isn't uncommon for some others. Or at least a respect thread that could compile all his feats, cause I just keep seeing the same ones used over and over again and they don't look good for him most of the time in the battles he is put in. (By comparsion of who he is put up against anyway.)

#10 Posted by WillPayton (8411 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

In Thy Kingdom Come, when KC Superman worked with the JSA of Earth 2, the JSA had barely defeated Gog, who is a bit lower than Odin. Since Odin is supposed to be equal with Zeus in terms of power, it is safe (not really) to say that Zeus would beat the KC JSA. Even though the KC JSA is stronger than the JSA of Earth 2, Gog threw them around pretty easily.

Gog did this btw:

And Gog is a bit lower than Odin and Zeus

I'm not sure the team that Gog fought is really comparable to the KC JLA team. This team has a Speed Force-merged Wally West and Wonder Woman, plus an older Power Girl who should be (theoretically) stronger for the same reason Superman is stronger... more sun-dipping by being older.

#11 Posted by DeathandGrim (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus really needs more appearances/feats tbh...such a waste of a character. But then that isn't uncommon for some others. Or at least a respect thread that could compile all his feats, cause I just keep seeing the same ones used over and over again and they don't look good for him most of the time in the battles he is put in.

Yea but honestly where's the fun in using a skyfather in a storyline though. If it's a fight he should godbody whoever the main villain is which leaves for no excitement or he loses to said antagonist and it's basically jobbing/lowballing. It's no fun.

#12 Edited by Wolfrazer (4960 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathandgrim: Well there wouldn't need to be a full storyline, I mean he could just make more appearances and all that to showcase his power like they do for Odin. Or for the story, just have him fight with beings that would be on his level ya know? I'm sure Odin has done that, so why can't Zeus?

#13 Posted by RetconCrisis (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Yes, the E2 JSA is weaker than the KC JSA by a lot, but the JSA from Earth 2 had many more members. KC JSA doesn't have as many, as they were split in half during the Armageddon. So they won't be getting Superman-level characters like Magog to help out. And even Magog was thrown around by Gog like he was nothing.

#14 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis:

The Gog that fought the JSA is different from the Gog in "Kingdom Come". That Gog was indwelt by the entire Quintessence (5 Skyfathers all at once), so he was able to perform the feats in the scan you posted via his near-indestructibility.

Just saying...

#15 Posted by DeathandGrim (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis:

The Gog that fought the JSA is different from the Gog in "Kingdom Come". That Gog was indwelt by the entire Quintessence (5 Skyfathers all at once), so he was able to perform the feats in the scan you posted via his near-indestructibility.

Just saying...

Holy crap.

#16 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathandgrim:

Holy crap.

That's what I said! I mean, this freak was drawing power from Ganthet, the Old Wizard Shazam, the Phantom Stranger, Highfather of New Genesis, and Zeus with their permission simultaneously.

KC Gog was one scary ass dude. For real.

#17 Edited by Baron_von_Santa (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: the power of the phantom stranger mainly is nigh omniscience, and cosmic magic power on a universal scale, so i doubt he has phantom strangers powers. and ganthet is a truly weak skyfather, he is not much use. as is shazam outside the rock.

#18 Posted by Perethorn (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Zeus is suppose to be an Odin's equal, so he should have enough power to take down this JLA version.

#19 Edited by TifaLockhart (13830 posts) - - Show Bio

Gog had enough power to blast a hole in Mxyzptlk, rip Superman's rocket with ease and kill him with it, oneshot Superman, withstand the Phantom Zone projector with just some missing skin, tag Flash, break out of being encased in diamond, etc.

He's got the power of Ganthet, DC Zeus, Highfather, and the wizard Shazam. His staff burns with the power of a dozen red suns.

#20 Posted by ShootingNova (13065 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus supposedly being Odin's equal really means nothing. He has no feats even remotely touching him.

#21 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron_von_santa:

Not their powers in their entirety, but access to them. Think slow-siphon if that helps any. Still, a nasty, nasty villain. @tifalockhart's assessment is even more detailed than my own.

#22 Edited by dondave (26725 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus supposedly being Odin's equal really means nothing. He has no feats even remotely touching him.

#23 Posted by TifaLockhart (13830 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus could be equal to Odin for all I care. I believe he is. He's in for quite a fight regardless.

#24 Posted by Experio (8263 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough call

#25 Posted by ShootingNova (13065 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus could be equal to Odin for all I care. I believe he is. He's in for quite a fight regardless.

I have no idea what leads you to believe this because showings suggest otherwise.

#26 Posted by TifaLockhart (13830 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin is overrated. He may or may not have destroyed galaxies in one showing and people throw around the term Skyfather like it means something.

#27 Posted by Jeepeh (2816 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus took down hulk, but he had to use his powers instead of his strength. KC superman alone could've beaten normal Hulk down. KC team stomp IMO.

#28 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh: @tifalockhart:

Am I the only one who sees Full Starheart Alan Scott in the posted scan? WITH backup?

#29 Posted by Jeepeh (2816 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Alan scott? The first green lantern that was weak to wood or something like that?

#30 Edited by ShootingNova (13065 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: He is overrated, but so is Zeus. The "throwing Skyfather term around" applies more to Zeus than it does to Odin. People assume that by being a Skyfather, Zeus is equivalent to Odin, which is untrue. There are statements which suggest them to be equal, but not by showings.

Zeus's feats are about continent-level. He hasn't appeared as much as Odin, so he obviously won't have many feats, but he really can't hope to go anywhere past planetary in the future until his power level is rescaled. On the other hand, during his fight with an amped Seth, Odin "damaged the fabric of the multiverse", ignited dead stars back to life, busted galaxies, etc.

#31 Posted by DeathandGrim (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh: @tifalockhart:

Am I the only one who sees Full Starheart Alan Scott in the posted scan? WITH backup?

WITH a badass Green claymore*

@jeepeh said:

@heraldofganthet: Alan scott? The first green lantern that was weak to wood or something like that?

Couldn't harm plant matter

#32 Posted by ShootingNova (13065 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Hulk and Namor punching him numerous of times to no success. Even a Mjolnir throw from Thor only "humbles him". Beats on them too.

Pulsar even tries with a full power blast. Zeud doesn't even flinch. She says she "hit him with enough energy to expend on Nebula's starship" Which seems to be a lot

Just some feats I thought I should post. Shows how durable he can be, and how easily he can put down someone of Thor's level with ease.

I've seen this before, but this is kind of out-of-context. He got harmed by Photon and struggled with Thor for a bit, got harmed by his own thunderbolts, etc.

Also - "no success"? What? Zeus was on his knees after that. Getting "humbled" is another term for getting stomped, if you realize.....

Zeus is powerful but gets wanked a bit.

#33 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh:

Alan scott? The first green lantern that was weak to wood or something like that?

Formerly. It hasn't been that way for quite a while. @beatboks1 can school you to his capabilities a lot better than I can, however.

#34 Edited by pooty (10317 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

I've seen this before, but this is kind of out-of-context. He got harmed by Photon and struggled with Thor for a bit, got harmed by his own thunderbolts, etc.

Also - "no success"? What? Zeus was on his knees after that. Getting "humbled" is another term for getting stomped, if you realize.....

He didn't show he got harmed by Photon. Thor said she hurt him but Zeus was standing there still speaking. Thor only made Zeus lose his balance by breaking up the ground. Zeus only got hurt after Black knight redirected his power back at him. It's not like they hurt him under their own power. Getting "humbled" is not the same as getting stomped. If he was stomped he wouldn't have been able to one shot them all in one blast in the very next scan. If not for plot he could have one one shotted them at the beginning instead of waiting until the end

#35 Posted by ShootingNova (13065 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: I think you are misunderstanding me, but whatever.

Regarding the "getting harmed" part, Zeus still standing is not evidence of not getting harmed. You can still stand after getting harmed.

Black Knight redirecting his power momentarily surprised Zeus and that left him open to She-Hulk and Namor's punches, but I didn't say anything about that.

About getting "humbled", by definition that basically means stomped. I didn't say Zeus got stomped, I said "humbled means stomped". TGW was saying "only humbled" as if it were nothing.

Oh, and he didn't really one-shot them all. He got bloodlusted and sent them flying but they awoke a while later.

Otherwise I would agree with you.

#36 Posted by pooty (10317 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: Zeus still standing is not evidence of not getting harmed.

still standing is not evidence that you have been harmed

I said "humbled means stomped"

Zeus was embarrassed that they managed to harm him at all. humbled does not mean stomped in any context i've ever seen on here

He got bloodlusted and sent them flying but they awoke a while later.

If they had to "awoke" then that means he KOéd them which is oneshot

#37 Posted by ShootingNova (13065 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:

Zeus still standing is not evidence of not getting harmed.

still standing is not evidence that you have been harmed

What a horrible counterargument. You can't turn my point around and expect it to mean anything to me - because Photon was stated to have harmed Zeus. Zeus is a being of immense stature, obviously a little harm would not keep him from standing up. You have yet to refute the fact that he did get harmed. It's the same way in which he was hit by She-Hulk, Namor and Mjolnir and then stood up on the next panel.

@pooty said:

I said "humbled means stomped"

Zeus was embarrassed that they managed to harm him at all. humbled does not mean stomped in any context i've ever seen on here

In the context of Zeus humbling the Hulk, yes, it does mean a stomp. However, as I said, in this context Zeus was not stomped. Yes, he was embarrassed, and the way TGW was suggesting "only humbled" made it seem as if it weren't much of a deal.

@pooty said:

He got bloodlusted and sent them flying but they awoke a while later.

If they had to "awoke" then that means he KOéd them which is oneshot

You could think of it like that.

#38 Edited by pooty (10317 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: Photon was stated to have harmed Zeus

Who stated that Zeus was hurt? Thor? Was he the one hit? Captain Marvel didn't even think she hurt him. Thor was just being a supportive team mate. Nothing proved Zeus was hurt. An onlooker can't tell me how bad I hurt someone else. Still I'll concede that point. a paper cut hurts. a gunshot hurts also. so it's possible she "hurt" him

#39 Edited by New_World_Order (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

Zeus only struggled with Thor because like Hercules, they are suppose to be physically superior to Zeus. Not to mention Thor packs Mjolnir, so him knocking Zeus around physically isn't all so bad.

I don't even comprehend the bolded part no offence.

#40 Posted by ShootingNova (13065 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: Don't worry about the bolded part. I was referencing you when you said "only humbled". You made it sound as if "humbled" was meant nothing.

#41 Posted by New_World_Order (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: Don't worry about the bolded part. I was referencing you when you said "only humbled". You made it sound as if "humbled" was meant nothing.

Oh, alright.

#42 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (901 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin is overrated. He may or may not have destroyed galaxies in one showing and people throw around the term Skyfather like it means something.

agree

#43 Posted by Hulkman123 (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus in a decent fight.

#44 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

if big Z is anywhere near sfl then he owns the team, they have no attacks to counter his power.