Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Phylos

Kate Bishop vs. Huntress 
-Win by Death, KO or Incapacitation 
-Kate Bishop has her bow & arrow, along with 2 machetes. 
-Huntress has her crossbow along with 4 throwing knives. 
-30 arrows/bolts max for each character. 
-Battle takes place here, both start at opposite ends. 

Bonus Round: 
Kate Bishop & Huntress vs. Bullseye 
-Same rules apply. 
-Bullseye has 4 shuriken. 

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Superskrull86

Huntress has way too much combat experience on Kate. 
BR: Bullseye has a chance at it...
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Erik
@Superskrull86:  
Kate has a lot of talent. I think you might be underselling her based on her age. 
Fluke-buddha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fluke-buddha

Huntress FTW.  Does Kate even have noteworthy feats?  I've read all the Young Avengers books and I can't think of a single one worth mentioning.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Erik
@Fluke-buddha said:
Huntress FTW.  Does Kate even have noteworthy feats?  I've read all the Young Avengers books and I can't think of a single one worth mentioning.
No she does not have any amazing feats but none of the YA really do outside their powerhouses. But honestly, I could be more easily swayed to the character with no feats but lots of implied skill rather than the worst Bat-family character of them all. I think Barbara could beat Huntress in her wheelchair. 
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Saren

Huntress.

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Superskrull86

I don't mean to undersell on her part, I am aware of her talent, I just think Huntress has more.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Erik
@Superskrull86 said:
I don't mean to undersell on her part, I am aware of her talent, I just think Huntress has more.
That is fine. I am not saying that she does not have talent or even that Kate has more. But as I stated to another user, she has few overly impressive feats but she also has no poor showings. Huntress is a roller-coaster ride of many extremely low-end feats and the occasional extremely (and unbelievably) high-end feats. 
Fluke-buddha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fluke-buddha
@Erik said:
@Fluke-buddha said:
No she does not have any amazing feats but none of the YA really do outside their powerhouses. But honestly, I could be more easily swayed to the character with no feats but lots of implied skill rather than the worst Bat-family character of them all. I think Barbara could beat Huntress in her wheelchair. 
Implied skill counts for next to nothing.  If you compare the 2 based on feats Huntress definitely wins here.  I agree though she is definitely the worst of the Bat-Family.  I prefer to think of her solely as a Bird of Prey.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Erik
@Fluke-buddha said:
@Erik said:
@Fluke-buddha said:
Implied skill counts for next to nothing.  If you compare the 2 based on feats Huntress definitely wins here.  I agree though she is definitely the worst of the Bat-Family.  I prefer to think of her solely as a Bird of Prey.
I am not so sure. Huntress' low feats are her majority. Her high end feats are so high that in every debate I have ever seen with her, they are almost immediately disregarded as PIS in comparison to her more consistent low end nature. 
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@Erik

I think Barbara could beat Huntress in her wheelchair.

I think huntress has beat babs before..
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis
@EpitomeofCool said:
@Erik

Yup.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By Pokeysteve
@Erik: Huntress is written as very skilled when she's on the Birds and in the Batman books they make her pathetic except for No Man's Land. 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Pokeysteve said:
@Erik: Huntress is written as very skilled when she's on the Birds and in the Batman books they make her pathetic except for No Man's Land. 
You mean she has Simone force,just like Catman and Black Canary.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pokeysteve
@entropy_aegis: Never read Secret Six so I can't really say anything about Catman but Canary and Huntress I think she took them where they should be. They've both had loads of training since they were kids. It only makes sense they would be skilled by now. There are plenty of characters in DC that have just appeared with a reputation and people accept it and these two get crap (Helena more-so) even though you can read them studying and learning.  Also you know how much I like Huntress and Canary so I kind of feel like you're trying to goad me into a fight or something. Just saying. 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Pokeysteve said:
@entropy_aegis: Never read Secret Six so I can't really say anything about Catman but Canary and Huntress I think she took them where they should be. They've both had loads of training since they were kids. It only makes sense they would be skilled by now. There are plenty of characters in DC that have just appeared with a reputation and people accept it and these two get crap (Helena more-so) even though you can read them studying and learning.  Also you know how much I like Huntress and Canary so I kind of feel like you're trying to goad me into a fight or something. Just saying. 
Yes but Simone is one of those people who creates these characters that appear out of nowhere.Those Silk brothers,White Canary etc were all supposed to be Shiva level fighters. 
She then uses these characters to prop her own favourites,regardless Simone is completly clueless when it comes to power levels so her analysis of people's abilities is worthless.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pokeysteve
@entropy_aegis said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Yes but Simone is one of those people who creates these characters that appear out of nowhere.Those Silk brothers,White Canary etc were all supposed to be Shiva level fighters. She then uses these characters to prop her own favourites,regardless Simone is completly clueless when it comes to power levels so her analysis of people's abilities is worthless.
Yes that's true for the most part but the same thing goes for Kingsnake, Silver Monkey and Constantine Drakon. They have a couple feats with established characters. Why aren't their creators given a "Force" as well. Huntress and Canary have been trained and you can go read about it. The characters you and I mentioned you can't. 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Pokeysteve said:
@entropy_aegis said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Yes but Simone is one of those people who creates these characters that appear out of nowhere.Those Silk brothers,White Canary etc were all supposed to be Shiva level fighters. She then uses these characters to prop her own favourites,regardless Simone is completly clueless when it comes to power levels so her analysis of people's abilities is worthless.
Yes that's true for the most part but the same thing goes for Kingsnake, Silver Monkey and Constantine Drakon. They have a couple feats with established characters. Why aren't their creators given a "Force" as well. Huntress and Canary have been trained and you can go read about it. The characters you and I mentioned you can't. 
They have consistency to their feats,Dixon did'nt have Monkey using martial arts against  Batman and then telling Bronze Tiger that styles are for shit. 
Those writers can manage power levels,Simone can't and that's the difference.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pokeysteve
@entropy_aegis said:
@Pokeysteve said:
@entropy_aegis said:

@Pokeysteve said:

They have consistency to their feats,Dixon did'nt have Monkey using martial arts against  Batman and then telling Bronze Tiger that styles are for shit. Those writers can manage power levels,Simone can't and that's the difference.
They don't have enough feats to judge consistency.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Pokeysteve said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Pokeysteve said:
@entropy_aegis said:

@Pokeysteve said:

They have consistency to their feats,Dixon did'nt have Monkey using martial arts against  Batman and then telling Bronze Tiger that styles are for shit. Those writers can manage power levels,Simone can't and that's the difference.
Do you have something which can contradict their showings? they can only have one feat and it counts as long as there is no evidence against it,the credibility of the writer in question should also be taken in to account. 
Simone has Catman taking out Captain Nazi,she sends the entire Secret Society,JLA,JSA,BOP,Supes family,Batfamily against the Secret Six. 
Really,REALLY
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pokeysteve
@entropy_aegis said:
@Pokeysteve said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Pokeysteve said:
@entropy_aegis said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Do you have something which can contradict their showings? they can only have one feat and it counts as long as there is no evidence against it,the credibility of the writer in question should also be taken in to account. Simone has Catman taking out Captain Nazi,she sends the entire Secret Society,JLA,JSA,BOP,Supes family,Batfamily against the Secret Six. Really,REALLY
I never said anything about anyone contradicting anything. Since you bring it up do you have anything to contradict the Silk Brothers or White Canary's showings? That's pretty much where you started this anyways. 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Pokeysteve said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Pokeysteve said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Pokeysteve said:
@entropy_aegis said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Do you have something which can contradict their showings? they can only have one feat and it counts as long as there is no evidence against it,the credibility of the writer in question should also be taken in to account. Simone has Catman taking out Captain Nazi,she sends the entire Secret Society,JLA,JSA,BOP,Supes family,Batfamily against the Secret Six. Really,REALLY
I never said anything about anyone contradicting anything. Since you bring it up do you have anything to contradict the Silk Brothers or White Canary's showings? That's pretty much where you started this anyways. 
Yup the Silk brothers went up against guys like Creote,Savant,Wildcat etc.Show me proof that anyone of them is on par with Shiva.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokeysteve
@entropy_aegis: It's never said in the arc that they are on par with Shiva. The closest they come to saying that is "nearly Shiva level". When Canary tells the story she even warns Oracle it's just legend. I think the word "rumors" is also mentioned once or twice. 
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Huntress wins, i've never seen Hawkeye II do any unbelievable feats, or feats that Huntress can't duplicate, also if this goes to pure hand to hand (which there's a good chance off) Huntress is also a greater fighter 

but Bullseye can beat them both...maybe not together though

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Pokeysteve said:
@entropy_aegis: It's never said in the arc that they are on par with Shiva. The closest they come to saying that is "nearly Shiva level". When Canary tells the story she even warns Oracle it's just legend. I think the word "rumors" is also mentioned once or twice. 
Simone's intention was clear though.
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Phylos

i would think that bishop has this battle, in the long-distance aspect, but if she cant hit huntress within those 30 arrows, then she'll close in & mop the floor with bishop. im not to fresh on bishops h2h, but i would think that huntress is just more better.  

as for the bonus round, id like to think that they take it, but for every arrow/bolt the teams misses with, that'll just be more ammo for bullseye since anything is a weapon in his hands.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Erik
@EpitomeofCool said:

@Erik

She also beat Shiva. Like I said, she does have a few high showings but when weighed against her regular showings, her high showings are unbelievable. Her beating Shiva is ridiculous, regardless of the context as well as beating Barbara. Barbara when she was Batgirl I could see because she was not very skilled back then. But Barbara with escrima sticks and Huntress with a bo? My money is on the cripple. 
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Mercy_
@Erik
@EpitomeofCool said:
@Erik

She also beat Shiva. Like I said, she does have a few high showings but when weighed against his regular showings, her high showings are unbelievable. Her beating Shiva is ridiculous, regardless of the context as well as beating Barbara. Barbara when she was Batgirl I could see because she was not very skilled back then. But Barbara with escrima sticks and Huntress with a bo? My money is on the cripple. 
I REALLY wouldn't count that as her beating Shiva. That's more her withstanding Shiva and getting a few lucky (and somewhat PIS-riddled) shots in. On top of that, the only way she was able to do that was by poisoning Shiva, which in and of itself was PIS.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Erik
@The Dark Huntress said:
@Erik
@EpitomeofCool said:
@Erik

She also beat Shiva. Like I said, she does have a few high showings but when weighed against his regular showings, her high showings are unbelievable. Her beating Shiva is ridiculous, regardless of the context as well as beating Barbara. Barbara when she was Batgirl I could see because she was not very skilled back then. But Barbara with escrima sticks and Huntress with a bo? My money is on the cripple. 
I REALLY wouldn't count that as her beating Shiva. That's more her withstanding Shiva and getting a few lucky (and somewhat PIS-riddled) shots in. On top of that, the only way she was able to do that was by poisoning Shiva, which in and of itself was PIS.
Exactly why I said regardless of the context. It just should never have happened. 
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mercy_
@Erik
@The Dark Huntress said:
@Erik
@EpitomeofCool said:
@Erik

Exactly why I said regardless of the context. It just should never have happened. 
Ah. My mistake. Missed that part :)

And I agree completely. I raged so hard when that issue came out. Im a huge fan of pretty much all characters involved and it was just terrible writing.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Erik
@The Dark Huntress:  

Lol that is when I actually dropped the series. 
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mercy_
@Erik I wish I could say the same. I've ready every Birds of Orey issue since Of Like Minds (issue 56 of the original volume). My OCD won't allow me to drop. But the new volume is going to have to be superb for me to read more than the first two or three issues.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Erik
@The Dark Huntress said:
@Erik I wish I could say the same. I've ready every Birds of Orey issue since Of Like Minds (issue 56 of the original volume). My OCD won't allow me to drop. But the new volume is going to have to be superb for me to read more than the first two or three issues.
I plan to pick it back up for the relaunch. I am actually going to get all the 1s and see which series I will continue with based on the first issues. 
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mercy_
@Erik It's Duane Swierczynski (sp?) and I loved his Cable series, so I have faith.

I'll be doing that with most #1's as well, but there are a few I won't be getting. I can't stomach Liefeld, so unfortunately, I wont be picking up Hawk and Dove.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Erik
@The Dark Huntress:  
Oh right. Forgot about him. I have to avoid his series of course. 
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36  Edited By charlieboy

i am pretty sure huntress wins this.
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#37  Edited By Joygirl
No Caption Provided

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Huntress 2) Bullseye stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5f22e70aeb7
deactivated-5b5f22e70aeb7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#Round 1

Kate she took trained shield agents out and huntress lost to Catwoman and Selina is a thief not a fighter

Kate is the better maskswomen

Round 2

Girls is going to fail