(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

@UltimateHero0406:

She can do that water tube thing, snowboard, super swim, everything so I think it more than fair to say that their levels of waterbending are about equal. Trying to boost Katara past Korra by waving around her quick learning is just speculation on her limits which has no place here. She has not shown any raw combat feats that were particularly impressive.

She mastered bloodbending in one episode, used a technique never seen before in the series to defeat Azula, created a wave that nearly capsized a Fire Nation ship, very nearly beat Azula in the fight under Lake Laogai (IIRC, somebody else intervened and Katara never got a chance to finish her off), and master Pakku deemed her worthy of being the Avatar's waterbending teacher.

I guess this all comes down to a matter of opinion unless we want to cite dozens of specific feats all day, but I see Katara's waterbending feats as being on another level than Korra's. The water tube thing is the only waterbending feat I've seen from Korra that I would call impressive at all.

Combat experience is the best experience. She had been on the way to the NWT for a while and had gotten into some fights along the way. She picked up a few tricks in the scuffles was all. It's not like she never been in a real fight up until Pakku. But even that does not trump over a decade of training and some combat experience.

Yes, combat experience is the best experience.

Korra has a decade or so of training with the Order of the White Lotus. Since she moved to Republic City (which, timeline speaking, has probably been only a few months now), the majority of her fighting has been in the pro bending arena (which I would say barely counts as combat experience at all). Korra really has very very little experience in actual bending fights.

Katara, on the other hand, had a lot of experience by the end of the series. Timeline speaking, I think it was close to a year that she was traveling around with the GAang. She spent a little bit of that time getting formal training from Pakku, but everything else was raw in-the-field life-and-death-battle experience.

What do you mean you can't see why? Because Korra is a waterbender. Being able to freeze someone doesn't mean much against a high calibur waterbender. Even if Korra didn't block the shot, she could just unfreeze herself and keep going.

Not necessarily. In Avatar, bending power relies heavily on physical movement. As you may recall, Azula was nearly powerless when Katara chained her up. Aang was nearly powerless when the Fire Nation captured him and chained him up. Katara was powerless when Pakku trapped her in a bunch of icecicles. Aang was powerless when the guys from Earth Rumble 6 got him in a fight metal cage. Aang was shocked when he found out that Bumi could still earthbend from within the metal coffin Azula had him in. It's not impossible to bend without movement, but it seems to be something that only high-tier benders are capable of.

If Katara manages to freeze Korra, I really don't see Korra being able to get out of it without difficulty.

And I would like to know all of these special feats you guys meep mentioning where Katara stone cold took someone down validly or did something that Korra couldn't.

That's what's tough about Katara fights. She spent the entire series as part of a team. I'm having a hard time thinking of any fights at all she had where nobody else intervened at some point or another.

But, off the top of my head... She did beat Azula in the final episode. She almost beat her at Lake Laogai, but I think somebody else intervened. She out-bloodbent Hama. She matched Hama in a waterbending duel even without the bloodbending technique. I'm pretty sure she defeated the swampbenders the first time they met (I might be wrong about that. I haven't seen that episode in a long time). She beat Zuko, but they were in the garden with the waterbending spirits, so that may not be entirely applicable. She made a wave big enough to knock away a Fire Nation ship on at least two occasions. Despite not being able to beat Pakku, she seriously impressed him with her skills. She beat Mai at Omashu (Ty Lee was there too, but I can't remember how she ended up). She curbstomped Jet at Ba Sing Se (don't forget he nearly beat Aang in book 1).

That's all I can think of at the moment.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By morgrim

@UltimateHero0406: u know what seriously upsets me when people forget that katara and azula fought TWICE not just when she was crazy but also when she was sane and in that fight katara DOMINATED zuko had to come bail azula out so yes katara is beter than azula and azula is way better than korra

@Dextersinister: and u r really questioning kataras agility in water well u r obviously forgeting that sea monster she fought or the time she was the painted lady and shemoved so fast people were breathless or even the time she fought the swamp monster and used one water whip to slash dozens of vines simultaneously i find i a shame that u and ultimate hero truely believe that a water bender cant beat another water bender thats like saying a fire bender cant beat another firebender or an earthbender cant beat another earth bender just look at how pakku beat katara all katara has to do in round one is seal korras hand and leg movements and seeing as how all her attacks are brash and predictable that isnt going to be a problem and in round two well we have glimpsed a blood lusted katara in Southern Raiders and so GOD help korra when katara slashes her jugular

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@(((Prodigy))): @morgrim: Ok so when in a situation like this, you have to narrow it down to what is important and not. If Korra gets trapped in the ice (which she wouldnt) then she could easily melt her way out. But like i said, SHE WOULD NOT. If that is all Katara has, then its no good. Katara would have to get close/ mid range to freeze or cut someone effectively while Korra can nail people from any range. But Korra Whoops ass in h2h in any element or even no bending at all. (Yes thats right) so she would get the easy win since Katara can do nothing without water. Check this to see feats more towards the end like taking out a horde of metal benders (who are more deadly than dai li) with both hands tied since you guys see pwning grunts as a feat.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

@UltimateHero0406:

then she could easily melt her way out.

How do you propose she could do it so easily? As has already been stated, bending requires movement. Even Azula (a prodigy firebender who was amped up by Sozin's Comet at the time) wasn't making a single lick of fire when Katara froze her.

If that is all Katara has, then its no good.

That's not all Katara has. I've already listed a good dozen of impressive fight feats for Katara, very few of which involved freezing.

Katara would have to get close/ mid range to freeze or cut someone effectively while Korra can nail people from any range.

Since when is Katara only effective at close to mid range? Since when does waterbending not work at long range?

But Korra Whoops ass in h2h in any element or even no bending at all. (Yes thats right) so she would get the easy win since Katara can do nothing without water. Check this to see feats more towards the end like taking out a horde of metal benders (who are more deadly than dai li) with both hands tied since you guys see pwning grunts as a feat.

I have two issues with this.

1) I don't see why it matters at all which of the two of them is a superior hand-to-hand combatant. In a bending battle like this one, hand-to-hand combat is not going to come in to play.

2) To be honest, your argument is starting to look a bit biased. You're saying that Korra is superior to Katara in h2h, but you are overlooking the fact that NEITHER of them actually have any pure h2h feats. Neither Korra nor Katara have ever had any fights in which they did not use bending. Sure, Korra used some h2h in those fights against chi blockers or the Lieutenant, but she still used bending in both of those fights (and, for the record, she got her butt royally kicked by the chi blockers that one time). Katara has, as far as I remember, no h2h showings at all. To assume that means that she has no h2h skills at all is pure conjecture. You are assuming from Korra's brief showings that she has excellent h2h skills, and you are assuming from Katara's lack of h2h feats that she has no skills at all.

And although it is completely beside the point, I might disagree about the metalbenders being more deadly than the Dai Li.

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Mythologico4

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@(((Prodigy))): @morgrim: Ok so when in a situation like this, you have to narrow it down to what is important and not. If Korra gets trapped in the ice (which she wouldnt) then she could easily melt her way out. But like i said, SHE WOULD NOT. If that is all Katara has, then its no good. Katara would have to get close/ mid range to freeze or cut someone effectively while Korra can nail people from any range. But Korra Whoops ass in h2h in any element or even no bending at all. (Yes thats right) so she would get the easy win since Katara can do nothing without water. Check this to see feats more towards the end like taking out a horde of metal benders (who are more deadly than dai li) with both hands tied since you guys see pwning grunts as a feat.

When Katara freezed Zuko twice in their battle in the finale of Book 1, she wasn't close to him, she doens't need to be close to someone to freeze. I don't know if she can do this if she's very far from the target, but really doesn't need to get dangerously close to Korra to do it. Katara has Bloodbending here, in case she doesn't have water, and since Korra can't use Avatar State in this fight, if Katara decides to use Bloodbending, it's game over

@Mythologico4: First of all Korra would not allow herself to get frozen in the first place. But if she did, she could easily unfreeze herself just like katara did when she froze herself and Azula. Also yes Korra has done impressive waterbending things like the flying water spiral, super swimming/water skiing, and snowboarding. As for cutting metal, Korra wouldn't get hit by such an obvious attack. Easily parry and repose. Also Korra has defeated chi blockers (which Katara had trouble with for lack of h2h skill) and people with tazers (which Katara never faced) so a little metal cutting water would be nothing. Plus Katara would need to get close to pull of such a move and if she did get close, its game over since Korra whoops ass in close combat. As for Azula, beating someone doesn't count if you get help. First off, she had already been fighting Zuko and was in a weakened state of mind so she wasn't at 100%. And she would have DIED before she even started if Zuko wasn't there to redirect the lightining. Also, she found chains and a water way to restrain Azula which means without that lucky find, the battle could have gone a different way. As for defeating the earthbenders, defeating a bunch of grunts is no reason to assume that her power is unmatchable. Korra had beaten plenty in her day with better tech.

Actually, Katara didn't frozen herself and Azula in that fight, it's very easy to identify the difference between water and ice, that wasn't ice, and right know, I don't remember the exact words to define it, but it some kind of dense water, dense enough that they wouldn't be able to move inside it. Katar doesn't need to get extremely close to hit a strike that can cut metal, in her fight with the Phantom Monster, i forgot his name, in book 2, she did cut the root from the monster with water, and she wasn't so close to it. Of course metal is far more difficult to cut than roots, but if you pay attention, she used the same technique that she uses to cut metal. In her fight with Azula, yes, Zuko redirected the lightning, but, Azula only used her lightning because she got crazy by losing her fight with Zuko, if you remember, Zuko even influenced her to use them. Zuko basically was just there to get her mad, she didn't use lightning at the start of her fight, she was mad and crazy, that's why she used lightning. Also, defeating so many earthbenders is a good feat yes. Do you really think that someone would choose people to be the king's guards if they weren't good benders?

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mythologico4: @(((Prodigy))) said:

@UltimateHero0406:

then she could easily melt her way out.

How do you propose she could do it so easily? As has already been stated, bending requires movement. Even Azula (a prodigy firebender who was amped up by Sozin's Comet at the time) wasn't making a single lick of fire when Katara froze her.

Zuko was able to melt through ice without moving an inch twice. If she firebends, no flames will come out but it will still create heat and thus melt the ice. Azula just didint think of it. Plus she was worn down from fighting Zuko when she fought Katara and was in a weakened state of mind and Katara caught a lucky break in the end so as far as I am concerned, that last fight is not a straight up win or show that Katara is stronger than Azula, just clever.

That's not all Katara has. I've already listed a good dozen of impressive fight feats for Katara, very few of which involved freezing.

Like what?

2) To be honest, your argument is starting to look a bit biased. You're saying that Korra is superior to Katara in h2h, but you are overlooking the fact that NEITHER of them actually have any pure h2h feats. Neither Korra nor Katara have ever had any fights in which they did not use bending. Sure, Korra used some h2h in those fights against chi blockers or the Lieutenant, but she still used bending in both of those fights (and, for the record, she got her butt royally kicked by the chi blockers that one time). Katara has, as far as I remember, no h2h showings at all. To assume that means that she has no h2h skills at all is pure conjecture. You are assuming from Korra's brief showings that she has excellent h2h skills, and you are assuming from Katara's lack of h2h feats that she has no skills at all.

You are contradicting yourself. If your so against conjecture then how about this. We can assume that Korra can just make crystal armor which would make waterbending less effective, or just spam rock from a distance if you say she will never get close. Korra can just spam metal cutting water blasts, crystals, and large fireballs since it is only "conjecture" that she cannot do these things. So you have just given away your metal cutting advantage.

And although it is completely beside the point, I might disagree about the metalbenders being more deadly than the Dai Li.

Bull snot! Metalbenders are far deadlier and more effective then the Dai Li. The very fact that they can bend metal is a clear indicator that they would walk all over the Dai Li. And anybody could break stone handcuffs, but only a small amount can break metal. So that and their electric technology makes them far more wffective than the comparatively primative Dai Li.

@Mythologico4 said:

Actually, Katara didn't frozen herself and Azula in that fight, it's very easy to identify the difference between water and ice, that wasn't ice, and right know, I don't remember the exact words to define it, but it some kind of dense water, dense enough that they wouldn't be able to move inside it.

What? That makes no sense.

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Mythologico4

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@Mythologico4 said:

Actually, Katara didn't frozen herself and Azula in that fight, it's very easy to identify the difference between water and ice, that wasn't ice, and right know, I don't remember the exact words to define it, but it some kind of dense water, dense enough that they wouldn't be able to move inside it.

Like I said, I didn't remember the words to define it correctly. But here are some images:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

At least in my opinion, there's a big difference between the "ice" or "water". The water is almost completly transparent on the technique she used in Azula, and from what I know, big quantities of ice tends to become white (blue in this case, because it was in the night), like when she froze Zuko. Hope you can understand my point of view better now

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By morgrim

@UltimateHero0406: sir first off from what i have seen of the earth bending police the dai lee would walk all over them because with the exception of lin all of them r pretty slow and all they do is fire one shot and if u stop that they have nothing else plus just to let u know it wasnt the police who had electricity it was the equalists the dai lee r ELITE they move like a well oiled machine so even if they cant bend metal they can dodge like they always do then oh i dont know kill the police cuz last time i checked they have no morals so as for metal benders being better than dai lee thats just a bunch of junk secondly using the basis u have used to suggest korra is a better h2h fighter than katara i believe katara is a better h2h than korra cuz think about it the only reason u think she is better h2h is because of her bending style she uses punches and kicks in almost all her attacks so she looks tough while katara uses form so in retrospect while korra would be a brawler katara would actually have an extensive degree of martial arts knowledge seeing as her skill comes from martial arts form as for the whole ice argument zuko got out becuz she wasnt looking had her back turned and it was only covering up to his face azula however was trapped in suspended animation everything frozen with katara in complete control not even korra could get out of that plus in R2 katara can just kill her

TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TheGirugamesh

@Mythologico4 said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@UltimateHero0406:

No seriously you guys gotta stop overestimating Katara. Master waterbending comes nowhere close to Master Fire, Earth, and Waterbending.

Ever hear the old addage "quantity does not equal quality"? It's applicable here. There are scads of examples from the Avatar universe of benders being stomped by non-benders, and people with multiple bending powers being beaten by people with one or zero bending powers. Having more bending powers certainly is an advantage, but you really can't just use a blanket statement like that.

I was saying that you can't say that one person's bending is so good that it trumps other masteries of bending. Im not seeing how Katara's waterbending is sooo much better than Korra. She has never done anything that Korra is not capable of. She can do that water tube thing, snowboard, super swim, everything so I think it more than fair to say that their levels of waterbending are about equal. Trying to boost Katara past Korra by waving around her quick learning is just speculation on her limits which has no place here. She has not shown any raw combat feats that were particularly impressive.

Korra mostly uses her fire and earth skills, her waterbending feats are kind of rare, and Korra isn't on Katara level at waterbending.Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Korra creating a 8 tentacle water structure, and cutting metal with water, or creating massive waves of water.

I fail to see why it's so obvious that freezing an opponent doesn't count. It seems like a very legitimate attack move to me. Waterbenders do it all the time...
And I think it's pointless for me to try to describe a few specific examples or fights to you. Everyone, myself included, has a tendency to embellish arguments and make them sound a bit better than they actually are. If you want examples of some of Katara's more impressive feats, I've found a rather decent youtube video showcasing quite a few of them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-VKjGrhpJI

??? What do you mean you can't see why? Because Korra is a waterbender. Being able to freeze someone doesn't mean much against a high calibur waterbender. Even if Korra didn't block the shot, she could just unfreeze herself and keep going. And I would like to know all of these special feats you guys meep mentioning where Katara stone cold took someone down validly or did something that Korra couldn't. Other than that I don't see Katara winning here. Id say Katara 3/10 at the most. And also the fact that they are underground gives Korra the advantage since she is an earthbender and since there is water, it is just as much Katara'a advantage as it is Korra's. Its all about adding up the factors.

If Korra gets freezed, there's nothing she can do, at least not as a waterbender. Any kind of bending need movement in order to manipulate the element, you can't bend metal, create fire, freeze water by just having a thought. If Korra wanted to unfreeze herself, she would need to move in order to bend the water, but she wouldn't since she would be freezed

@girugamesh said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@YoungJustice:

Kattara defeated mutiple master Earth Benders.

As a rookie withstood Master Water Bender Pakku.

She defeated Zuko mutiple times.

Defeated one of the greatest Fire Benders ever Azula.

Beaten Suki.

Second to Learn and Master in moments Blood Bending.

One of the most accomplish Water Benders in the History of all Avatarverse.

Korra has one Season with little feats to compare.

:

As a waterbender she is superior, but I still don't see her taking down Korra, assuming this is her end of series form (minus the air bending). By episode 12 chi blockers were pretty much fodder to her.

"Defeated Zuko". Show me her beating Zuko after he became decent, I would be interested to see some of those clips.

"Defeated Azula". Oh please, you can't really be using that as a legitimate feat. Azula wasn't at her best there, and Katara still only won thanks to a convenient water hole in the ground. Had that been a straight fight Katara would have lost. Azula>Katara.

"Beaten Suki". I'm not even going to consider that.

I generally agree that LOA benders>LOK benders, but I think Korra wins 7/10 on this (it would be a tough one).

Yes, as a waterbender she is really superior, Korra mostly uses her fire skills and then earth skills, rarely she uses her waterbending. I agree that because of this others bending, Korra has more chances to win. But Katara is capable of beating Korra, yes.

You said beating Azula wasn't a legitimate feat, of course it is. I don't know if you remember, but when she fought Azula, their were fightning under the Sozin Comet, so Azula's bending were like crazy powerful. Katara won because of the water in the ground, yes, but you must see that firebenders can create as much fire as they want, so of course a waterbender would need an appropriate amount of water to face a firebender under this conditions. Katara was even able to defend herself agains't a lightning from Azula, that almost killed Zuko, even when he redirected most of it. So yes, beating Azula is a great feat.

About defeating Zuko, yes, he wasn't a very decent fire bender when the fight happened, I believe your talking about their fight at the end of book 1, if so, Katara wasn't a master either, she just had lessons with Pakku, so they were in probably the same lvl in that fight. If your talking about the fight in Crossroads of Destiny episode, Katar was in advantage, she only took hits because Azula and Zuko started to attack her at the same time.Until the time time where the earthbenders appeared, the fight was a draw, and even so, when Aang was defeated by Azula, Katara defeated something like at least 30 earthbenders and saved Aang.

Suki, I don't if you remember, but in her re-match with Ty Lee, Suki was able to hold herself in the battle. Suki became a very skilled fighter at the end of the series, in the point where she was able to learn the pressure points technique from Ty Lee, since she taught her when they were in prision.

It's true that Hamma wasn't in her best because of her age, but even so, what she took years to master, Katara was able to learn in few minutes. Katara has Waterbending, bloodbending, and healing feats, I know really few other benders that can do all of that. Also, Korra still only faced street fighters, Katara has faced mostly deadly fights, she has far more experience with fights than Korra has at the moment, that's why I think Katar can beat Korra in this one

@Dextersinister said:

@UltimateHero0406: Don't forget the impressive display when she moved about the bay taking down planes, I don't think katara ever displayed anything close to the level of agility while moving through water.

Yes, she did, on The Day of Black Sun, while mounted in Appa, she fought several airplanes and zeppelins form the Fire nation. Also, while moving through water, she fought the Serpent from The Serpent Pass

You miss the point, no it was not legitimate at all.

Katara was running for her life, Azula had her totally outclassed in power. But power doesn't always guarentee you the win; her style was sloppy compared to her usual self, and the cold, calculating regular Azula would never have fallen for the trap Katara set. With regards to that, my point wasn't that Katara could have nearby water, but she had the environmental advantage she needed to take Azula totally by surprise (who, in her muddled state of mind, was easy to fool). As I said before, in a straight fight with an even playing field Katara would have been destroyed there (or do you not remember how Zuko had to jump in front of Katara to stop her being one-shotted?).

Azula in a fit state>Katara.

So...Suki was close or on the same level as Ty Lee. Yeah...that really doesn't exactly bowl me over.

And I consider that bloodbending feat to be PIS, Hamma (even in the flashback) demonstrated a strong prowess in waterbending (holding off and defeating waves of fire nation soldiers) and took years to master it, yet Katara managed to learn it instantly, without any real training and also master it to a greater degree than someone who had been using it for years? Bullshit.

As for this fight, you call the giant robots Korra fought street level? And the chi blockers were taught in the same discipline as Ty Lee, with the same fighting style, if you're hyping up Ty Lee that much then you should consider chi blockers to be relatively formidable as well.

But I do agree that Katara has a lot more experience than Korra, so I would be willing to accept that it could go either way. But Katara definitely isn't as strong as some are making out here.

Razero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Razero

I'd go with Korra. Older, better trained.

Plus, she was trained by Katara, so nothing young Katara would do would suprise her.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By morgrim

@girugamesh: FOR THE LAST FLIPPING TIME KATARA DEFEATED AZULA TWICE!!!!!!!! REMEMBER BA SING SEA UNDERGROUND KATARA OWNED AZULA AND ZUKO HAD TO STEP IN TO SAVE HER BUTT SO IF U THINK AZULA IS GREATER THAN KORRA THEN BY DEFAULT SO IS KATARA

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The_Roman

@morgrim: U mad bro? Release the poor Capital Lock button...

In addition, that, my friend, is ABC logic, which is frowned upon on this site.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

I have yet to see Korra do anything that says she is a remarkable bender of any element lmao.

Razero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Razero

@morgrim: I wouldn't count the Ba Sing Se encounter a victory for Katara. She had the upper hand alright, but Azula was still well able to fight.

The second encounter during Sozin's comet was won through trickery more than bending ability.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By morgrim

@The_Roman: iknow it is not held in the highest respect but in certain cases it is dead on depending on the universe in which it is used and avatar is such a universe where there is a hierarchy of power that can be measured for instance azula is greater than zuko and iroh is greater than azula therefore iroh is greater than zuko yes there may be kinks but it does work pretty well with the avaatarverse and i do believe katara could beat korra just as i believe aang can beat her and azula can beat her and toph could beat her { all in the case she only has the three elements she had in the begining} the old avatar gang was more versatile, skilled, powerfull,innovative,had better technique and were all around better benders and fighters the thing that makes korra "unique" if u want to put it that way is her brash ghetto style fighting which pales in comparison to the original styles of fighting.

@Razero: yes azula fought well but at the end of the day she was at kataras mercy so of course i count that a win

and in regards to the second fight how could u call that tricker yazula tried to plain out cheat what katara did was use the meager resources at her disposal along with strategy to defeat azula and if im right azula does that all the time oh and just mentioning in regards to that fight what i realise everyone loves to do is mention azulas disadvantage of being slightly of mental balance {but not so off that she couldnt use lightening which requires a certain level of mental concentration} while everyone forgets that katar was at an arguably greater disadvantage as she had like one small trough of water at her disposal while azula was runing on a 100 fold power so in my opinion that fight was on some level even and katara did win dispite the major disadvantages she faced

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

@UltimateHero0406:

Zuko was able to melt through ice without moving an inch twice. If she firebends, no flames will come out but it will still create heat and thus melt the ice. Azula just didint think of it. Plus she was worn down from fighting Zuko when she fought Katara and was in a weakened state of mind and Katara caught a lucky break in the end so as far as I am concerned, that last fight is not a straight up win or show that Katara is stronger than Azula, just clever.

You sure about that? Azula was literally in the middle of a firebending move when Katara froze her. Then Katara's manuver through the ice took a few seconds, and we could see Azula's eyes moving around so we know she was completely aware of what was going on.

Like what?

What do you mean 'like what'? Did you even read my post?

But, off the top of my head... She did beat Azula in the final episode. She almost beat her at Lake Laogai, but I think somebody else intervened. She out-bloodbent Hama. She matched Hama in a waterbending duel even without the bloodbending technique. I'm pretty sure she defeated the swampbenders the first time they met (I might be wrong about that. I haven't seen that episode in a long time). She beat Zuko, but they were in the garden with the waterbending spirits, so that may not be entirely applicable. She made a wave big enough to knock away a Fire Nation ship on at least two occasions. Despite not being able to beat Pakku, she seriously impressed him with her skills. She beat Mai at Omashu (Ty Lee was there too, but I can't remember how she ended up). She curbstomped Jet at Ba Sing Se (don't forget he nearly beat Aang in book 1).

You are contradicting yourself. If your so against conjecture then how about this. We can assume that Korra can just make crystal armor which would make waterbending less effective, or just spam rock from a distance if you say she will never get close. Korra can just spam metal cutting water blasts, crystals, and large fireballs since it is only "conjecture" that she cannot do these things. So you have just given away your metal cutting advantage.

Or maybe we can just go with the on-screen feats that both characters have. Saying "There's no proof she can't do it, so we have to assume she can" is a bad argument. Saying "There's no proof she can do it, so there's no reason to assume she can" is also a bad argument. When it comes to assuming things about characters not shown on-screen, we have to find a happy medium there.

Bull snot! Metalbenders are far deadlier and more effective then the Dai Li. The very fact that they can bend metal is a clear indicator that they would walk all over the Dai Li. And anybody could break stone handcuffs, but only a small amount can break metal. So that and their electric technology makes them far more wffective than the comparatively primative Dai Li.

The technique of metalbending wasn't even discovered until long after the creation of the Dai Li. Lack of knowledge of a particular bending technique does not automatically make one an inferior bender/fighter.

Altogether, I just found the Dai Li generally a bit more impressive due to their agility, teamwork, and not being restricted to bending only their weapons (they used their handcuffs a lot, but they often used surrounding rock too. Metalbenders seem to stick pretty much exclusively to their whips).

But, like I said before, this is completely beside the point.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Dextersinister

@(((Prodigy))): The Dai Lee where a joke, do you remember that episode with the eclipse where they had only a few Dai Lee where you not surprised at how much of a fight those 2 guys put up, they put up a better fight than all the other Dai Lee combined and to be fair to the metal benders they didn't have much screen time and environment bending in the LOK was extremely restrictive because it was limited almost entirely to a city.

I still remember the first time I saw the metal benders in action, their speed and destructive potential seemed a bit scary and they got only got taken down by super ninja's using super tech. That guy must have used up all the platinum in the world.

The logic of you people seems to be that Korra hasn't used flashy moves=weaker, Korra has beaten her opponents with straight out efficiency she is easily the better, she is older, bigger, more experienced and has better technique, the LOK is restricted in that she can't move the area around her because she is in a city but that's about it.. Korra has never actually lost a straight fight unlike the LOA gang who have lost plenty.

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By sunhawk

Katarra wins because she is more disciplined fighter.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mythologico4 said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@Mythologico4 said:

Like I said, I didn't remember the words to define it correctly. But here are some images:

At least in my opinion, there's a big difference between the "ice" or "water". The water is almost completly transparent on the technique she used in Azula, and from what I know, big quantities of ice tends to become white (blue in this case, because it was in the night), like when she froze Zuko. Hope you can understand my point of view better now

No not in the slightest. It's all ice and I dont see what you are getting at here. Sorry, but I think your are trying to split hairs a little more than is necessary here. But I belive my point was that Korra would never allow herself to be frozen.

@morgrim said:

@UltimateHero0406: sir first off from what i have seen of the earth bending police the dai lee would walk all over them because with the exception of lin all of them r pretty slow and all they do is fire one shot and if u stop that they have nothing else plus just to let u know it wasnt the police who had electricity it was the equalists the dai lee r ELITE they move like a well oiled machine so even if they cant bend metal they can dodge like they always do then oh i dont know kill the police cuz last time i checked they have no morals so as for metal benders being better than dai lee thats just a bunch of junk secondly using the basis u have used to suggest korra is a better h2h fighter than katara i believe katara is a better h2h than korra cuz think about it the only reason u think she is better h2h is because of her bending style she uses punches and kicks in almost all her attacks so she looks tough while katara uses form so in retrospect while korra would be a brawler katara would actually have an extensive degree of martial arts knowledge seeing as her skill comes from martial arts form as for the whole ice argument zuko got out becuz she wasnt looking had her back turned and it was only covering up to his face azula however was trapped in suspended animation everything frozen with katara in complete control not even korra could get out of that plus in R2 katara can just kill her

1. Those cyber ninjas where way better than the Dai Li. All Dai Li can do is restrain and hide in the shadows. Those equalists will come right out and shock your ass if they have to. They have no serious combat skill they just move using weird movements, nothing more. All they do is sneak and cheap shot. A decent bender can easily counter their frontal attacks knock em out.

2.Korra DOES have better h2h. She went toe to toe with chi blockers and you cannot name one time when Katara K.O.ed anyone without a big blast of water while Korra did a bunch of times. She doesnt waist chi on people with no skill, she just bruce lees them as seen in the video. Korra doesnt even need her arms to pwn. Again as seen in the vid, she fight with both arms tied up and K.O. a horde of people just by bending with her feet or K.O. someone when she is completely on her back. Since Katara has never done anything of the sort, I say Korra has better h2h since there is no evidence to prove otherwise.

3.Like I said, Korra would not let herself get frozen. She will just block Katara's water and counter attack. Plus like @Razero said, Katara taught Korra waterbending so Korra knows Katara's tricks and then some.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Dextersinister

@UltimateHero0406: The Katara fan's seem to think big blasts=better fighter

This is how you win a fight

No Caption Provided

or simply watch the first few minutes of the LOK and ask yourself if Katara could ever move or fight like that.

TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TheGirugamesh

@The_Roman said:

@morgrim: U mad bro? Release the poor Capital Lock button...

In addition, that, my friend, is ABC logic, which is frowned upon on this site.

Indeed.

@morgrim said:

@girugamesh: FOR THE LAST FLIPPING TIME KATARA DEFEATED AZULA TWICE!!!!!!!! REMEMBER BA SING SEA UNDERGROUND KATARA OWNED AZULA AND ZUKO HAD TO STEP IN TO SAVE HER BUTT SO IF U THINK AZULA IS GREATER THAN KORRA THEN BY DEFAULT SO IS KATARA

Lol calm down bro. I said it on the other thread, Katara momentarily bested her. How many times in the series did the crew (Toph, Katar, Aang, Sokka) choose to run rather than face Azula, May and Ty Lee? How many times did Azula give Aang a damn hard time in all of their fights? Besting someone for a moment once doesn't account for all the showings of her previous fights.

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Mythologico4

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@Mythologico4 said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@Mythologico4 said:

No not in the slightest. It's all ice and I dont see what you are getting at here. Sorry, but I think your are trying to split hairs a little more than is necessary here. But I belive my point was that Korra would never allow herself to be frozen.

Ok, let's just forget this part about beeing ice or not. I think we all can agree that in terms of Waterbending Katara is more skilled than Korra, and since they are fightning in the crystal caves, there's a large amount of water there. I think you can remember that when Hama tried to Bloodbend Katara, she failed, because Katara's bending was more powerful than Hama's. Well, Katara's waterbending is more powerful than Korra's, so if Katara throws water on Korra, and don't think she is able to "backfire" it. Alright, Korra can still use fire or earth to defend agains't the freeze. If Katara gets enough water, what is possible in that place, Korra wouldn't be able to evapore all of it with fire, and if she use's earth, I think she would create an earth ball around herself, like when Aang did fightning the fire lord. Katara could still froze the water around the earth ball Korra would possibly do.Lets just suppose Korra would get froze by Katara, fire NEEDS air to exist, if she's froze or got inside the earth ball for example, she would not be able to use fire, she would just finish the air she got there. About Zuko melting the ice, he used his body heat, I don't remember any other firebender doing that in the series.So, in my opinion, with the quantity of water there's there, Katara is very able to freeze Korra.

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@morgrim said:

1. Those cyber ninjas where way better than the Dai Li. All Dai Li can do is restrain and hide in the shadows. Those equalists will come right out and shock your ass if they have to. They have no serious combat skill they just move using weird movements, nothing more. All they do is sneak and cheap shot. A decent bender can easily counter their frontal attacks knock em out.

2.Korra DOES have better h2h. She went toe to toe with chi blockers and you cannot name one time when Katara K.O.ed anyone without a big blast of water while Korra did a bunch of times. She doesnt waist chi on people with no skill, she just bruce lees them as seen in the video. Korra doesnt even need her arms to pwn. Again as seen in the vid, she fight with both arms tied up and K.O. a horde of people just by bending with her feet or K.O. someone when she is completely on her back. Since Katara has never done anything of the sort, I say Korra has better h2h since there is no evidence to prove otherwise.

3.Like I said, Korra would not let herself get frozen. She will just block Katara's water and counter attack. Plus like @Razero said, Katara taught Korra waterbending so Korra knows Katara's tricks and then some.

1. Dai Li aren't so easy to defeat, back in the attack at The Day of Black Sun, there were Aang, Toph and Sokka searching for the fire lord when they found Azula. Sokka did nothing in that battle, but while Aang was trying to hit Azula, Toph was fightning 2 Dai Li agents, and it took her some time to defeat them. If they were simple fighters, they would get defeated as easy as when Aang's team entered the king's castle, and they were defeating like 5 guards in one hit, normal guards. Dai Li are skilled and can give people some trouble.

2.I really don't even talk about H2H skills of both. All bending styles are based in different kinds of martial arts in real life, so you can't bend any element by just moving your body the way you want, there's specific moves for each technique based of the each bending's martial fight style. In my opinion, Korra had more chances to show the "style's moves" on her bendings. You can see that when she started to fight and train in the Arena, the way to bend she was taugh and the way to bend they use in Arena fights are very different. Arena fights tended to use a lot more of the "martial style moves" than the LOA way to bend.

3. Already said my opinion about this one. But even Katara beeing Korra's waterbending teacher, it doesn't mean that she taught her all of her techniques. I don't remember Korra having a lot of showing with vapor or ice. Also, she had knowledge of Bloodbend, but I don't remember if Katara taugh her that. I knwo bloodbending isn't allowed in this fight, but it's a point that Katara may not have taugh or at least mastered Korra in all of her techniques.

@Dextersinister said:

@UltimateHero0406: The Katara fan's seem to think big blasts=better fighter

This is how you win a fight

No Caption Provided

or simply watch the first few minutes of the LOK and ask yourself if Katara could ever move or fight like that.

The objective in that part of the fight is to throw the oponent to outside the circle, Korra scored a hit on the guy and he was thrown away, but that was all. He didn't got injured, knocked out or anything. If Korra simply hit one water shot on Katara, it doesn't mean it's game over for Katara, the same if Katara hits a normal water blast in Korra, the battle would not be over.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Dextersinister

@Mythologico4: If you are hit by a blow to the head that can lift you off your feet that blow would do some serious damage if you where not wearing head gear and could easily knock a 14 year old girl unconscious possibly even cause permanent damage.

I have a trump card but I'll save if for when I can go on no longer.

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Mythologico4

@Dextersinister said:

@Mythologico4: If you are hit by a blow to the head that can lift you off your feet that blow would do some serious damage if you where not wearing head gear and could easily knock a 14 year old girl unconscious possibly even cause permanent damage.

I have a trump card but I'll save if for when I can go on no longer.

Actually, in every fights they have in the Arena, they are also hit with earth (that can cause far more damage than water) and fire (that can burn). And even after after so many battles, I didn't see any permanent or serious damage. The only time i can remember is when Bolin got an earth strike on the shoulder, but he was easily healed by Korra. I don't know if you already pais attention at this, but it looks like humans from LOA and LOK have more durability than normal humans like us. An example, in Aang's and Katara's fight with Zuko and Azula in the finale of Book 2, Zuko hit Aang at a point that he was thrown away so hard, that he hit an earth construction (i think it was that). You can see by the impact, that the construction was completely destroyed and Aang got just a little dazed. That are several examples that prove that they have a lot more durability than we do. So no, a single normal water hit, would not get anyone knocked out of a fight

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Sorry, if I forgot who said what so find you statements here. Way too much quoting going on lol.

@(((Prodigy))) said:

Despite not being able to beat Pakku, she seriously impressed him with her skills. She beat Mai at Omashu (Ty Lee was there too, but I can't remember how she ended up). She curbstomped Jet at Ba Sing Se (don't forget he nearly beat Aang in book 1).

1. She did not impress Pakku. He was about to walk away from her but he stopped when he saw her necklace and got emotional so that doesn't count bru.

2. Jet was only winning because Aang did not want to fight due to his nature and was evading. His skills where nowhere near Aangs and he wasnt trying to fight Katara when they met the second time so still doesnt count bru.

I'm pretty sure she defeated the swampbenders the first time they met

3. She had help from Aang and Sokka so still doesn't count bru.

Or maybe we can just go with the on-screen feats that both characters have. Saying "There's no proof she can't do it, so we have to assume she can" is a bad argument. Saying "There's no proof she can do it, so there's no reason to assume she can" is also a bad argument. When it comes to assuming things about characters not shown on-screen, we have to find a happy medium there.

You have to go with what has been demonstrated and nothing more. Katara has never demonstrated a particularly good muscle build or h2h skilils without water while Korra has on numerous occasions so you have to go with that. Anything else is speculation which won't give answers, just run you around in circles.

The objective in that part of the fight is to throw the oponent to outside the circle, Korra scored a hit on the guy and he was thrown away, but that was all. He didn't got injured, knocked out or anything. If Korra simply hit one water shot on Katara, it doesn't mean it's game over for Katara, the same if Katara hits a normal water blast in Korra, the battle would not be over.

@Mythologico4: It doesn't have to be water. It could be a rock to the face instead if she wanted but the rules only allow for water.

The technique of metalbending wasn't even discovered until long after the creation of the Dai Li. Lack of knowledge of a particular bending technique does not automatically make one an inferior bender/fighter.

Altogether, I just found the Dai Li generally a bit more impressive due to their agility, teamwork, and not being restricted to bending only their weapons (they used their handcuffs a lot, but they often used surrounding rock too. Metalbenders seem to stick pretty much exclusively to their whips).

But, like I said before, this is completely beside the point.

You were just impressed with cool looking moves. You move as fancy as you want but when it comes down to a fight any decent bender can take out Dai Li agents with little problems. Why do you think they always outnumber their opponents. Because they are not super soldiers, just regular earthbenders with orderly moves.

Ok, let's just forget this part about beeing ice or not. I think we all can agree that in terms of Waterbending Katara is more skilled than Korra, and since they are fightning in the crystal caves, there's a large amount of water there. I think you can remember that when Hama tried to Bloodbend Katara, she failed, because Katara's bending was more powerful than Hama's. Well, Katara's waterbending is more powerful than Korra's, so if Katara throws water on Korra, and don't think she is able to "backfire" it. Alright, Korra can still use fire or earth to defend agains't the freeze. If Katara gets enough water, what is possible in that place, Korra wouldn't be able to evapore all of it with fire, and if she use's earth, I think she would create an earth ball around herself, like when Aang did fightning the fire lord. Katara could still froze the water around the earth ball Korra would possibly do.Lets just suppose Korra would get froze by Katara, fire NEEDS air to exist, if she's froze or got inside the earth ball for example, she would not be able to use fire, she would just finish the air she got there. About Zuko melting the ice, he used his body heat, I don't remember any other firebender doing that in the series.So, in my opinion, with the quantity of water there's there, Katara is very able to freeze Korra.

@Mythologico4: So your assuming that Katara will summon a massive tidal wave that Korra is incapable of dodging and freeze her.

1. What would stop her from one shotting Katara while she was conjuring this wave.

2. Korra's fire bending has a massive amount of power and range so she could melt any ice thrown before it even hit but that's if she doesn't decide to just block it with a WALL like a person with common sense (pfft ball, what were you thinking?) and counter from there. Sorry if I sound rude but come on dude.

@morgrim:

1. Dai Li aren't so easy to defeat, back in the attack at The Day of Black Sun, there were Aang, Toph and Sokka searching for the fire lord when they found Azula. Sokka did nothing in that battle, but while Aang was trying to hit Azula, Toph was fightning 2 Dai Li agents, and it took her some time to defeat them. If they were simple fighters, they would get defeated as easy as when Aang's team entered the king's castle, and they were defeating like 5 guards in one hit, normal guards. Dai Li are skilled and can give people some trouble.

2.I really don't even talk about H2H skills of both. All bending styles are based in different kinds of martial arts in real life, so you can't bend any element by just moving your body the way you want, there's specific moves for each technique based of the each bending's martial fight style. In my opinion, Korra had more chances to show the "style's moves" on her bendings. You can see that when she started to fight and train in the Arena, the way to bend she was taugh and the way to bend they use in Arena fights are very different. Arena fights tended to use a lot more of the "martial style moves" than the LOA way to bend.

3. Already said my opinion about this one. But even Katara beeing Korra's waterbending teacher, it doesn't mean that she taught her all of her techniques. I don't remember Korra having a lot of showing with vapor or ice. Also, she had knowledge of Bloodbend, but I don't remember if Katara taugh her that. I knwo bloodbending isn't allowed in this fight, but it's a point that Katara may not have taugh or at least mastered Korra in all of her techniques.

The fact that one person could fight off two Dai Li agents so easily means that they have no frontal power. It is all in their sneak attacks that they win. The equalists did way more with a sneak attack on the stadium than the Dai Li could ever manage. And they actually have some h2h if all else fails.

Come at me bros.

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Mythologico4

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@Mythologico4: So your assuming that Katara will summon a massive tidal wave that Korra is incapable of dodging and freeze her.

1. What would stop her from one shotting Katara while she was conjuring this wave.

2. Korra's fire bending has a massive amount of power and range so she could melt any ice thrown before it even hit but that's if she doesn't decide to just block it with a WALL like a person with common sense (pfft ball, what were you thinking?) and counter from there. Sorry if I sound rude but come on dude.

It really depends on how she would summon the wave. When she attacked the fire nation ship with a massive wave, she was really fast summoning it, but when she used the water to freeze Zuko, it took more time, not because of the freezing, because looks like changing the state of water is instantaneous, it really depends on how she would summon it. I know Korra's fire is powerful, but depends on the quantitie of water as well, even if she can evapore all the water, more water means more time to evapore, the question is, will she have time to evaporate all of it before it strikes her? I know the earth ball sounded kind of stupid, but i had the idea of the earth wall before, and I was talking about water coming from all sides, since there's a lot of water, a wall would only protect her on one side, i talked about the earth ball, not to throw the ball on the water, but to create a earth ball around her, like when Aang fought the fire lord, i'm talking about it working as an "all sides" protection

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mythologico4: The water in that cave is not enough to make a tidal wave that she isnt capable of dodging, or just jumping over with her own water or earth bending. If she wanted to, Korra could just dam up the water with earthbending making Katara at a disadvantage until she can undam it. Or worst case scenario, Korra takes out the cieling support to cause a cave in. And earthbends her way out from the rubble. Katara would be stuck.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Pokergeist

Why do people think this is Dragonball Z with power levels in Bending?

Hamma was not weaker than Katara. Katara infact is so quick a learner and natural Bender (had the ability as a child without knowing what it was) and out perfom Hamma.

Ontop of this Koora has way less skill and finnese than Kataras Water Bending and resorts to brute use of Bending which amounts to nothing in the Bending Arts.

Also Korra being the Avatar means nothing if not in the Avatar State. Ang was the Avatar with loads of training by season 3 yet tottaly outclass by Azula, Ozai, at time Zuko, and White Lotus Members.

So being the Avatar doesnt mean squat to other Master Benders unless in Avatar State. Which Korra has no access to.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2: That can also be a problem. You can make your moves as pretty as you want. But when it comes down to it, what works is all that matters. And Korra's fighting style does work on most opponents. She fights like a brawler, not dancer. And it seems like you think that because Katara's moves have more pizazz that they are stronger.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Pokergeist

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@CadenceV2: That can also be a problem. You can make your moves as pretty as you want. But when it comes down to it, what works is all that matters. And Korra's fighting style does work on most opponents. She fights like a brawler, not dancer.

You said it perfect. Korra is a Brawler with simple and easy to predict attacks.

Katara is a MMA fighter with many ways to win Submission or Incapacitation.

I put my money on the one with actual skills.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2 said:

You said it perfect. Korra is a Brawler with simple and easy to predict attacks.

Exactly the opposite. In her bending style, she can hit you from any angle which makes it hard to fight her or even approach her.

Korra will just kick your ass and knock you unconscious. She doesn't waist chi on people with no skill or power. She will go Bruce Lee if she has to which Katara has never done. Korra has more raw power than Katara. And how is she MMA? Only uses one style. That makes no sense.

And Korra has them. Over a decade of training and some combat experience doesn't add up to nothing.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Pokergeist

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Exactly the opposite. In her bending style, she can hit you from any angle which makes it hard to fight her or even approach her.

Korra will just kick your ass and knock you unconscious. She doesn't waist chi on people with no skill or power. She will go Bruce Lee if she has to which Katara has never done. Korra has more raw power than Katara. And how is she MMA? Only uses one style. That makes no sense.

And Korra has them. Over a decade of training and some combat experience doesn't add up to nothing.

Yet never shown the vast Bending attacks like Katara has.

Katara fought Martial Artist of HIGHER qaulity in Suki, Ty Lee, and Jet.

Korra has 1 season worth of feats that nowhere compares with the 3 seasons of Katara's. Try again.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By NyghtMare

Katara both rounds, she's a beast. I haven't seen anything that impressive from Korra yet

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2 said:

Lol, Yeah because Korra never redirected a torpedo and shot it back out of the water, destroying an aircraft or anything...wait.

Lost to Ty Lee and never fought Jet for real.

Korra has 1 season worth of feats that nowhere compares with the 3 seasons of Katara's. Try again.

And the majority of those "feats" are just average waterbending. Only real feats come towards the end so its more like still 1 season each.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Pokergeist

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Lol, Yeah because Korra never redirected a torpedo and shot it back out of the water, destroying an aircraft or anything...wait.

Lost to Ty Lee and never fought Jet for real.

And the majority of those "feats" are just average waterbending. Only real feats come towards the end so its more like still 1 season each.

Comparing a Torpedo to a fighter.... no sense.

Beaten Ty Lee Seasons 2 and 3. Beaten Jet mutiple Times in Seasons 1 and 2.

Majority of those feats are more than Korra has ever showed.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2 said:

Comparing a Torpedo to a fighter.... no sense.

Shows her strength and reflexes with waterbending

Beaten Ty Lee Seasons 2 and 3. Beaten Jet mutiple Times in Seasons 1 and 2.

Never ever beat Jet. First time, Aang pushed him out of a tree and she froze him to a tree with a surprise attack. Second time, he wasn't even fighting, he just wanted to talk. Fighting Ty Lee: always had help from either Aang, Toph or Sokka. She is too fast and agile for Katara to take alone. Wow, awesome wins...

Majority of those feats are more than Korra has ever showed.

Not really because you haven't shown anything.

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Mythologico4

Ok, so I watched all Legend of Korra episodes again to make a list.I didn't put Arena or training fights, because they are very different from real fights.Here all the battles that Korra fought:

EPISODE 1

Korra vs 3 bandits - won

Korra vs metalbenders - lost (she was just trying to escape, but she got caught)

EPISODE 2

Korra vs Airbending training structure - lost (Ok, this was was just a joke, because there wasn't real fight in this episode)

EPISODE 3

Korra and Mako vs 2 Equalists - lost (Naga saved them)

Korra vs worker in vapor system - win

Korra vs lieutenant - win (surprise attack)

EPISODE 4

Korra vs 2 Equalists - almost lost (Tarrlok saved her just in time)

Korra vs several Equalists - lost (she got caugh by surprise)

EPISODE 5

No real fight on this one

EPISODE 6

Korra and Lin vs Lieutenant and 2 Equalists - win (My favorite fight from LOK)

EPISODE 7

Korra, Tenzin, Lin and 5 metalbenders vs 6 machines - lost (Mako, Bolin and Asami, rescued Korra, Tenzin and Lin)

EPISODE 8

Korra, Mako, Bolin and Asami vs 5 equalists - win (Car chase)

Korra vs Tarrlok - lost

EPISODE 9

Korra vs Lieutenant and 3 Equalists - won (Basically, that was not a fight, she just caught them by surprise and was just trying to escape, I put a won, because she did escape)

Korra vs Amon - won (Same situation from the fight above)

EPISODE 10

Korra, Asami, Tenzin, Mako and Bolin vs 5 machines and 4 Equalists - won (Basically Asami vs the equalists / the others vs the machines)

EPISODE 11

Korra and 10 Fire nation ships vs several Equalists airplanes - Basically ended on Korra saving Iroh, that's all

EPISODE 12

Korra and Mako vs Amon - Lost, then win (They were losing, Mako striked a lightning, then airbending showed up and Team 1 won)

Ok, what I got from this list is that, you can all say that Korra has more H2H skills, but in the end, benders still get a lot of difficultity fightning chi blockers. The only person that fought the Equalists without much trouble was Asami. Also got that Korra can fight very well in a team, but she tends to have some trouble while fightning alone, specially agains't experiencied fighters. I hope we can get more information from here. I don't know if I can still post today after this one, but if i can , i'll try to do the same list with Katara

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mythologico4: THANK YOU! Finally somebody provides some facts instead of blind speculation.And this if for everyone:

As shown in these vids, Korra DOES HAVE SKILL. She can move well, has great reflexes and her bending of all elements is on point. You guys can lowball all you want but calling her completely unskilled is just biased at this point.

And yes the equalists are leagues better than the Dai Lee since they use technology and are chi blockers all Dai Li do is sneak and restrain. Equalists kick ass head on. Also I just check out these "feats" and Katara never beat Ty Lee, Jet, or Suki. Stop making thing up guys. Just putting it out there for everybody.

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Mythologico4

Ok, so here's Katara's fights:

BOOK 1 - WATER

Katara vs 3 Ship Guards - won

Katara vs Zuko and Pirate - lost (Not a real fight, she basically just tried to escape and got caught)

Katara and Aang vs 2 Pirates - won

Katara vs Jet - won

Katara, Aang, Sokka and People from the 2 Tribes vs Several Creatures - won

Katara, Aang and Appa vs Zuko, June and Shirshu - won

Katara, Aang and Appa vs Fire Nation Tanks - won (Destroyed several then ran back)

Katara vs Master Pakku - lose

Katara vs Zuko - won (But in the end he caught her by surprise and defeated her)

Katara vs Zuko - won (Second fight)

BOOK 2 - EARTH

Katara and Aang vs Mai - Unfinished (Ended up with Katara and Aang running away)

Katara, Sokka and Appa vs Mai and Ty Lee - win (Katara was winning, Ty Lee attacked her, then Sokka and Appa saved Katara)

Katara vs Tentacles - win (She was able to escape)

Katara, Aang and Sokka vs The Phantom Monster - win

Katara and Aang vs 4 Mounted Fire Nation Guards - Unfinished (Ended up with Team Avatar escaping)

Katara, Aang and Sokka vs 4 Mounted Fire Nation Guards - win (Second fight)

Katara vs 2 Earthbenders - win (She was trying to get information from them)

Katara, Sokka and Appa vs Mai and Ty Lee - win

Katara, Aang, Toph, Sokka, Zuko and Iroh vs Azula - win (Starting as Azula vs Zuko vs Aang)

Katara and Aang vs Giant Serpent - win

Katara and Toph vs Ty Lee - win (They basically just bended the water, so Ty Lee couldn't move)

Katara vs Jet - win (Although Jet didn't attack her)

Katara, Toph, Aang and Sokka vs Several Earthbenders Guards - win (Earthking's palace invasion)

Fights from the Crossroads of Destiny:

Katara and Aang vs Azula - Unfinished (Zuko interfered)

Katara vs Azula - Unfinished (Katara winning until Zuko helped Azula)

Katara vs Azula and Zuko - lost (Knocked out for few seconds)

Katara vs Several Dai Li - Not even began (Ended with Katara defeating several Dai Li with a massive wave in order to save Aang, then both ran away)

BOOK 3 - FIRE

Team Avatar vs Fire nation ship (Ship fight with bendings) - win (With intervention of the Giant Serpent)

Katara and Aang vs Fire General and Firebenders - win (As Painted Lady)

Katara, Aang, Toph and Sokka vs Combustion Man - Finishing with Aang vs Combustion Man - Finishing on Team Avatar retreating

Katara vs Toph - Unfinished (Beggan as a trining session, and ended with a fight between them)

Katara, Toph, Aang and Sokka vs Combustion Man - Unfinished (Team Avatar retreated again)

Katara vs Hama (Aang and Sokka) - win (Hama also used Aang and Sokka's bodies agaisn't Katara)

Katara and Sokka vs 2 Tower Guards - win (Day of Black Sun)

Katara, Aang and Appa vs Fire Nation Baloons and Zeppelins - win (Finishing with retreat, since they were just trying to delay the zeppelins)

Katara, Toph, Aang, Sokka and Zuko vs Combustion Man - win

Team Avatar vs Fire Nation Zeppelin - win (Just trying to escape)

Katara vs 8 Fire Nations Guards - win (Although she almost sank the ship too)

Katara and Zuko vs Firebender - win (Bloodbending)

Katara vs Fire Nation General - win (Almost killing him by revenge)

Katara vs Azula - win (I consider it Zuko vs Azula then Katara vs Azula, since Zuko and Katara didn't help on each other's fight, they fought Azula individually, Zuko then Katara)

Although I was impartial while doing the lists, I'm still with Katara at this fight, but i wanted to show both sides feats during battles, despites there are a lot of techniques and feats showed in trainings and other times they used their bending.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By morgrim

@UltimateHero0406: as u said before sir

1st off she did defeat the swamp bending monster on her own she chopped it into pieces and stuff

secondly u seem to be under the misconception that korras hand to hand is like leagues above katara and in that case u sir r wrong korra uses brawling it is a plain and obvious fact so no matter how much we debate it all she does is jump punc hand kick those r the basics of her techniques and when that dosent work she loses katara however uses actual techniques her style is martial arts and in case u r questioning her close combat skills keep in mind she spent te majority of the show fight off people using a water whip which is a close combat move even against the swamp monster that had like 3 dozen vines the monster couldnt lay a hand on her because of the speed with which she was cutting it down so if korra tries one of her fire punches she is going to see her arm flying in another direction after being chopped off look at azula katara almost took off her head and shes way more agile than korra

thirdly i nver said the dai lee were better than the equalists i said they were better than the metal benders which they r, and u saying that two dai lee being beaten by one person means they r weak well u forgot to mention the person who beat them was a blind earth bender master trained by the original earth benders so yea

and lastly u believe kataras moves r slow and methodical well u would be wrong i have seen her move with speed enough to block lightening, conjure shooting columns of water in an instance, i mean remember wen they were fighting combustion man at the air temple and she shot the entire fountain of water at him fast enough to block though combustion so yea as the ysometimes say in my country wheel and come again

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morgrim said: Copycat

@UltimateHero0406: as u said before sir

1st off she did defeat the swamp bending monster on her own she chopped it into pieces and stuff

1. She had help

2. Anyone can cut vines

3. Korra would have just blown it to hell. A lot faster.

secondly u seem to be under the misconception that korras hand to hand is like leagues above katara and in that case u sir r wrong korra uses brawling it is a plain and obvious fact so no matter how much we debate it all she does is jump punc hand kick those r the basics of her techniques and when that dosent work she loses katara however uses actual techniques her style is martial arts and in case u r questioning her close combat skills keep in mind she spent te majority of the show fight off people using a water whip which is a close combat move even against the swamp monster that had like 3 dozen vines the monster couldnt lay a hand on her because of the speed with which she was cutting it down so if korra tries one of her fire punches she is going to see her arm flying in another direction after being chopped off look at azula katara almost took off her head and shes way more agile than korra

Katara has never shown any h2h. As a matter of fact, she has never even fought anybody without water. And your assuming Korra is a retard who will run at Katara punching an kicking. Even though Korra's style is a bit brutish at times, it is hella effective so your not making a case there. You are just being hypnotized by how pretty Katara's moves are. It doesnt matter if you use a proper style or not. You must look at EFFECTIVENESS. When Katara fought Ty Lee by herself, she lost every time. Why? Because Ty Lee is to too tough up close for Katara to handle. She tries to take out water and use it and will retreat if she cannot. That shows that she is not willing to fight without water in hand while Korra is. This for the last time proves that Katara has no confidence in her h2h and that Korra is better. In Korra's style she will jab and punch similar to boxing making quick water shots or just nail you with a fire blast or rock sidewinder. It works and she has kicked a lot of ass that way. Also with Katara, you know that she will come at you with water, but with Korra, she can nail you from anywhere which gives her the advantage especially since they are underground in a crystal cavern which is good for an earthbender.

and lastly u believe kataras moves r slow and methodical well u would be wrong i have seen her move with speed enough to block lightening, conjure shooting columns of water in an instance, i mean remember wen they were fighting combustion man at the air temple and she shot the entire fountain of water at him fast enough to block though combustion so yea as the ysometimes say in my country wheel and come again

I never said she was slow. But like i said, her style is uneffective to someone up close which is why she loses to Ty Lee. Plus all of the things you listed, Korra can do. Did you watch my vids? If not look at all 3 to see how Korra's style works.

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Mythologico4

Actually, I do agree that Korra has more H2H skills than Katara, or at least, more showings of it, but people saying that Katara doens't have H2H skills is a big lie, Although, she rarely faces H2H battle, when she and Sokka were fightning Mai and Ty Lee in the forest, Ty Lee first attempt was to hit Katara, but even so, Katara was able to evade them, and you know how fast Ty Lee strikes her attacks, then Katara thrown water discs from a close range at Ty Lee, so yeah, Katara is medium-long distance fighter, but she can hold helself in a close range battle for sometime as well.

Oh, and several times, I wrote Phantom Monster instead os Swamp monster, sorry for that, but now i remembered his name, he is called Huu.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mythologico4: Just dodging the strikes doesnt count as good h2h. She had to jump back so she could get out her water because she cant stand up to Ty Lee with out it. If she caught Ty Lee's arm and punched her, then that would be something different. Not once in the series has she attacked someone without water. If you look back, its true. But still, you are one of the only ones who bothered to bring visible facts so thank you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara. She has so much more experience and has shown impressive use of her water bending. Korra lacks much of her skill despite being a master and that's probably due to lack of experience the only notable advanced bending I've seen from her that I can name at the top of my head and creating a vortex of water to fly her upwards.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wboy: But her skill with the other elements and raw power makes up for that. And that is not the only advanced waterbending Korra has done. She redirected a torpedo underwater and shot it back out of the water, destroying a plane.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@Wboy: But her skill with the other elements and raw power makes up for that. And that is not the only advanced waterbending Korra has done. She redirected a torpedo underwater and shot it back out of the water, destroying a plane.

It's possible but I'm still iffy, she even had problems dealing with Tarlok and even his waterbending isn't as impressive as Kataras.

I wouldn't expect any less from Katara.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Dextersinister

@Wboy said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

It's possible but I'm still iffy, she even had problems dealing with Tarlok and even his waterbending isn't as impressive as Kataras.

Tarlokk used possibly the only obviously lethal water bending move ever seen in both shows and of course he got a few digs in he was a named villain and he struck without warning with a large source of water at his back plus the fight lasted less than half a minute. Can you name one fair fight that Katara has had against a named character that lasted less that that or where they didn't get a few digs in?

On the h2h thing Katara would be floored by the strength difference, Korra is very well built, Katara isn't. Ty Lee was a waif compared to Korra.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Omniscience

Let me put this into perspective.

- Korra is a forceful bender, relying on her power over finesse to clench the victory. She has more power in her bending, and more resources available to wield.

- Katara on the other hand has way more skill its not even a joke, she is more agile, fast and experienced at this point in time than Korra.

Verdict: I could see Katara immobilising Korra in a few seconds. Give it a longer battle, the resources accessible to Korra will give her the advantage.

@UltimateHero0406: Watching Korra battle, I must concede that she uses force over finesse. That is why she will always struggle with peeps like Amon, and ultimately Katara. Where power becomes obsolete if you can not use it on your adversary to good effect.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Dextersinister

@Omniscience said:

Let me put this into perspective.

- Korra is a forceful bender, relying on her power over finesse to clench the victory. She has more power in her bending, and more resources available to wield.

- Katara on the other hand has way more skill its not even a joke, she is more agile, fast and experienced at this point in time than Korra.

Verdict: I could see Katara immobilising Korra in a few seconds. Give it a longer battle, the resources accessible to Korra will give her the advantage.

Not at all true compare the fights, Katara's agility doesn't even come close to Korra's. Korra's has been able to somersault over groups of people without using her bending she is much more agile. Katara has only been able to move herself quickly in large bodies of water.

It's already been highlighted that Korra's uses moves that are a lot more basic and efficient, this is because she also has other forms of bending where the hand movements involve less floursishing, style does not equal better fighting outside of the movies. Korra can use moves that strike faster than Katara's.

It has already been pointed out that she been trained by an older Katara so that alone would would make her more knowledgeable on waterbending techniques than Katara with the exception of blood bending which Katara herself does not wish to know.

Katara is outclassed in speed, training, stamina, agility because she is up against an older healthier more powerful opponent who has access to more options.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wboy said:

Whoa there. Katara's bending is nowhere near Tarlok's level. How ca you say that? He has better speed, control, experience, power, and he can bloodbend without the moon.

@Omniscience: I agree with you on all but two points. First, Katara's speed is not beyond Korra's. She has not shown feats of out of water speed. Even in water, she hasnt topped Korra's speed really. Also, finnese doesn't matter in combat. Its effectiveness. And Katara has not shown that her waterbending is very far past Korras in effectiveness so theres not much of a point in arguing who is a better waterbender. The only thing to look at is who has more advantages:

Katara: Master waterbending, Powerful Bending, , Water source,@Wboy said:

Whoa there. Katara's bending is nowhere near Tarlok's level. How ca you say that? He has better speed, control, experience, power, and he can bloodbend without the moon.

@Omniscience: I agree with you on all but two points. First, Katara's speed is not beyond Korra's. She has not shown feats of out of water speed. Even in water, she hasnt topped Korra's speed really. Also, finnese doesn't matter in combat. Its effectiveness. And Katara has not shown that her waterbending is very far past Korras in effectiveness so theres not much of a point in arguing who is a better waterbender. The only thing to look at is who has more advantages:

Katara: Master waterbending, Powerful Bending, Water source, Combat experience, Natural Talent, Reflexes, Aim

Korra: Master Waterbending, Powerful Bending, Water source, Surrounding Earth Source, Formal training , Versatility, Muscular Build, Reflexes,Combat experience, Reflexes, Agility, Hand-to-hand, Knows Katara's moves