User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silentbat
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Full Moon

Morals Off

Air Temple Island

No Caption Provided

I messed up earlier. Meant Amon vs Katara earlier, not Unalaq.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

Katara.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

Katara.

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Katara

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

its a bit confusing, during the trial(for amons dad) they said he was seen blood bending every day besides the full moon, then when he trained amon he started on the full moons then later taught them to blood bend at any time, so i dont know if he can on a full moon or not, but if he can i'll go with amon, katara didnt like blood bending and never practiced it, dont know if she could resist his advance control, shes probably the better water bender, but hes better with blood, and can control her most likely

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Physical - Amon. His hand-to-hand outdoes Katara's.

Bending - Slight to Katara. Their blood bending cancels each other out.

Tactical Insight - Amon. Katara was a good fighter but Amon was a tactician of fighting AND bending.

I'd say ... crazy enough ... Amon.

Death_Spear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon can take away your bending

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's very easy actually

amon is a better h2h fighter and a more powerful bloodbender

katara's waterbending is stronger than amon's

so the verdict would be, if amon can bloodbend katara, then he can win.. but if katara can resist that, then she can dominate him in waterbending.. however, for that, they need to be closer to water... away from water, amon can dominate in h2h combat

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Katara at Yakone's trial when he knocked everyone out? Amon is supposed to be superior to Yakone, so I'd assume he could easily replicate the feat. Then again, that's all taking into account if Katara was at the trial...

Avatar image for annoyedimmortalspirit
AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

katara already proved to be able to resist blood bending, and she's a really gifted water bender, probably better than Amon

however Amon is better in h2h, and can block your bending ability, katara is not aware of this so i think Amon could actually defeat her if he manage to block her bending

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: It was never specified that Katara was at Yakone's trial nor is it clear whether Amon is a superior blood bender to Yakone.

To continue playing Devil's Advocate, Katara did resist Hama's blood bending so if her water bending is stronger than Amon's, it's possible she could also resist his blood bending. It's a long shot and Amon does have a good chance of blood bending her but the same can be said for Katara's resistance to it.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Amon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger True, but Amon also walked off Tarlok's blood-bending. Being the better water-bender doesn't seem to have any indication on whether or not you can resist blood-bending, but rather the more educated you are on the skill.(As we saw Korra, who was clearly the better bender, captured by Tarlok and held prisoner)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: What I meant to say in reference to being the better bender was that if Katara's water bending control exceeded Amon's, she could feasibly shake off Amon's blood bending over her. Not only is Katara a strong bender, she's also a skilled one as evidenced by her rapid teaching from waterbending master Pakku. She mastered water bending so quickly to the point that she became Aang's water bending teacher.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The moment the fight starts,

Katara needs to move her arms and get into position to blood bend

Amon needs a thought in his head to blood bend.

Katara may be a better waterbender, but Amon is a master in blood bending.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I believe Katara was the woman talking at Yakone's trial because it is her voice.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@lvenger: I believe Katara was the woman talking at Yakone's trial because it is her voice.

Which woman are you referring to?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: The woman with the glasses that was telling Sokka about the crimes that Yakone had committed.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're assuming that bloodbending each other doesn't work, I'd be inclined to say Katara. She's already become a master water bender, and has had reason to bend with her element on more occasions than Amon. Seeing as how she was formally trained, and Amon wasn't, she's bound to know more proper bending techniques, namely the Octopus maneuver that she used against Zuko and Azula.

Amon, on the other hand, is adept at dodging, and is superior to Katara in close combat. Add to that that he's still capable of taking away a person's bending, and Katara is in trouble if he gets in close.

7/10 Katara takes it; her already powerful bending techniques are only enhanced by the power of the full moon.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Ostyo

Amon, this is spite.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: how is it spite? Why do people use that term so loosely?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 juiceboks  Moderator

Katara is a much more skilled waterbender, but Amon is more adept at bloodbending. This basically comes down to if bloodbending will work on Katara or not. If it cant..Amon is getting taken down.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: If I'm not mistaken, Katara was shown to be able to resist bloodbending by a master, but Amon managed to bloodbend Tarrlok, who had trained with and against bloodbending his entire childhood. At best, it would be speculation.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: Uh, Amon was stated and shown to be the greatest Blood bender of all time. So considering his father and brother repeatedly took down large groups of master benders and AANG a fully realized avatar... There is no way a teen girl is beating him during a full moon.

Hell, Amon was defeated by Korra only thanks to incredible PIS to begin with.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@lvenger: The woman with the glasses that was telling Sokka about the crimes that Yakone had committed.

Right just seen who you're talking about. But there's no confirmation that the woman in the glasses was indeed Katara. Nothing in the credits confirms this to be Katara nor is her voice actress credited as being Mae Whitman or Katara. The Avatar Wiki Entry for Book 1: Chapter 9 - Out of the Past has no information on Katara being the prosecutor in this episode. It was most likely a random lawyer dressed in the Water Tribe garb. Thus, this is evidence that Katara was not present at the trial of Yakone so the point about her resisting Amon's bloodbending still stands.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@mrunsmiley: Yea she overpowered Hama on her first try, but I'd say Amon is a much better blood bender by feats against regular people (lifting and ragdolling them around) and overpowering more skilled benders like Tarrlok who, like you said, was very familiar with bloodbending.

@Ostyo I don't recall it ever being stated Noatak was a better bloodbender than Yakone. And by feats he wasn't even close..

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon

Based of his many feats, it's almost certain that he's vastly superior to Hama in Bloodbending. And Katara escaped Hama largely due to the adrenaline caused by desperation and anger when she saw Sokka and Aang being tossed around like rag dolls. And let's not forget Hama was an old woman.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: @thetruthiii: True, but don't forget that Hama created bloodbending decades ago, and she'd been practicing it ever since. Older people are still very capable benders, and though Katara has only had one occasion to resist bloodbending, you shouldn't take for granted the fact that she overpowered a master. She IS stated in-universe to be a waterbending prodigy.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@mrunsmiley: I never said they weren't (Master Pakku for instance). Yea but by what was shown Hama wasn't any better than Amon, and she never bloodbended any benders skilled enough to fight back (or willing to in Katara's case). Amon has shown much greater control over the art than Hama, and was trained all of his life by the greatest bloodbender we've seen. I think Amon should be able to overpower Katara based off of feats and the fact that he's shown the capacity to do it with and without a full moon..which is a testament to his skill level.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: @thetruthiii: True, but don't forget that Hama created bloodbending decades ago, and she'd been practicing it ever since. Older people are still very capable benders, and though Katara has only had one occasion to resist bloodbending, you shouldn't take for granted the fact that she overpowered a master. She IS stated in-universe to be a waterbending prodigy.

Yes, Hama was the one who invented Bloodbending. However, most of her practicing was either done in a jail cell with rats or in a lonely mountain village with helpless old men. And she was using the most rudimentary version. The generations after improved and perfected it, so when Amon finally learned it (from a proper teacher) it was superior to Hama's. Also, don't forget that just because Hama was the first Bloodbender doesn't mean she's the best. Amon could, and has been shown, to have better natural skill.

I meant older as in she lacked strength and stamina, at least compared to Amon (who was able to control an Avatar). And it took adrenaline and time to resist Bloodbending: if Hama really wanted Katara dead, she could have bashed her skull into a tree several times before Katara broke free.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jonez_

Amon. He is hardly even affected by bloodbending himself as he has walked straight through his brother's attempts to blood bend him.

Amon's fighting prowess is also much better than Katara's. I have no idea why people are actually siding with Katara here.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@ostyo: When was Amon stated to be a greater Blood Bender then Yakon? Based on feats, that certiantly ain't so.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Although Amon has no feats to prove it, I'm pretty sure he was said to be a water bending prodigy as a kid so he would likely be a master as an adult, Katara should have little to no advantage over him.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: His brother, Korra, and father all stated he was the best water bender they had ever seen, and feats couldn't be possible because there's nobody close to Aang's level of ability that he fought during that first season. Can't blame him for that, but we can use his father's feats to determine that Katara would be beaten in seconds.

He was literally defeated because PIS made him suddenly unable to instantly blood bend someone who he could moments earlier just because she learned Airbender. It's not like airbending was some huge game changer...because that definitely wasn't the case for Aang, a far superior Airbender. Outside of PIS Katara has no possible way of winning and Amon wins 10/10.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody seems to be acknowledging the point that Tarrlock seriously couldn't blood bend Amon.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Silverrings

Based on what we actually see them do, Katara is the better waterbender, Amon is the better bloodbender, hand-to-hand combatant and he can take away bending. I'm going with Amon here.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MrUnsmiley

@ostyo: I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that it was never stated that Amon was a prodigy as a waterbender, much less that he surpassed Katara. Korra never even saw him waterbend until she pushed him

Not only that, but it would be a mistake to assume that Amon was on the same level as Yakon. That's a huge assumption. Yakon was able to bloodbend an entire courthouse full of people, and Aang only managed to beat him by going into the Avatar state. Saying that Amon surpassed him with no feats on the same level isn't a viable option.

Also, it wasn't PIS that beat Amon. He wasn't prepared for Korra's airbending, and even Mako proved that you can get still get a shot in with bending if you manage to position your body the right way.

Amon has the advantage when it comes to bloodbending, yes, but don't count Katara out just because of that. Bloodbending is still waterbending, and though Katara doesn't have as much practice, it would be an injustice against her to say that she's done as soon as Amon starts to actually try.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: Right, even Mako was able to resist Amon's bloodbending for a time.

Still, I think blood bending would either be non-factor and an indecisive factor in a fight between Katara and Amon.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: He's right, he was stated to be the better than his father.

Mako didn't resist it, just got off a lucky shot using only his fingers after he was positioned in the right way. Amon had him restrained while dealing with others up until that point.

I would go as far to say that Amon would take her if neither had bloodbending, Amon was exceptionally skilled at dodging and Katara was the least agile.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silentbat Resisted? His hand was in the position for it, all he did was move a few fingers lol

D3MON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By D3MON

Based on what we actually see them do, Katara is the better waterbender, Amon is the better bloodbender, hand-to-hand combatant and he can take away bending. I'm going with Amon here.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By silentbat

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: A few fingers or not, he was able to break out of the blood bend. Amon admits it as well, "I'm impressed, no one has gotten the better of me like that." He goes on to compliment him and say it's a shame to take his talent away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silentbat More likely that he surprised Amon... he didn't break out of it, his arm was literally in the position needed and he managed to move 2 of his fingers... almost everyone can at least twitch their fingers while being blood-bent

EpicGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon. His blood bending is more superior to Katara.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon. Everybody feared Amon, bender and normal people alike. Reason being, he could take anyone down, no matter what kind of bender they were or how powerful they were. Katara's good, but even she wouldn't stand a chance against Amon. He was like the anti-bender.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, it still comes down whether Amon can bloodbend Katara. If she can resist it, she can overpower him in pure water bending. If she can't, Amon can bloodbend her, bring her up close and take her bending away.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#47  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@ostyo:

His brother, Korra, and father all stated he was the best water bender they had ever seen,

Waterbending. =/= Bloodbending. I asked where was he stated to be the best Bloodbender, not Waterbender.

Besides, those are just subjective opinions with ambiguous meaning at best.

Don_Quixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm laughing at this.

Amon stomps.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm laughing at this.

Amon stomps.

Only if he can blood bend Katara. If he can't, she overpowers him via water bending.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon ROFLSTOMP, Katara doesn't have the feats, she was useless in the show.