#1 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3802 posts) - - Show Bio

Two rounds. Fight to the death,

Round 1: Maul only has his saber and can't use the force.

Round 2: Maul can utilize the force.

#2 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

Karate Kid would win round one easily, and probably round two though that depends on how well Maul uses the force to anticipate him. Maul was never the most competent force user.

#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

Karate Kid wins easily if Maul can't use the force.

#4 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy said:

Karate Kid would win round one easily, and probably round two though that depends on how well Maul uses the force to anticipate him. Maul was never the most competent force user.

Even if Maul did anticipate him, I question whether he could react to him. I have seen scans floating around of Karate Kid performing very impressive speed feats, though I admit to not being too knowledgeable on him.
#5 Posted by Alexman113 (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

@Baldy said:

Karate Kid would win round one easily, and probably round two though that depends on how well Maul uses the force to anticipate him. Maul was never the most competent force user.

Even if Maul did anticipate him, I question whether he could react to him. I have seen scans floating around of Karate Kid performing very impressive speed feats, though I admit to not being too knowledgeable on him.
#6 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't matter how fast he is if the force can tell Maul where he will be. For example...

I doubt Maul's predictive ability is good enough, but if it is Karate Kid might have some problems.

#7 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul's Precognition is perfectly sound. It has served him far more consistently than it has failed him.

#8 Posted by Alexman113 (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

Maul's Precognition is perfectly sound. It has served him far more consistently than it has failed him.

Like against a padawan.

#9 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

Maul's Precognition is perfectly sound. It has served him far more consistently than it has failed him.

It's certainly not perfect though, his demise is testimony to that.

#10 Posted by Alexman113 (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

Shouldn't matter how fast he is if the force can tell Maul where he will be. For example...

I doubt Maul's predictive ability is good enough, but if it is Karate Kid might have some problems.

This is pure PIS. Wally, moving at super speeds also has super perception. He sees the world in slow motion, and that would include Deathstroke. There is no reason that should have worked.

#11 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alexman113 said:

@Silver2467 said:

Maul's Precognition is perfectly sound. It has served him far more consistently than it has failed him.

Like against a padawan.

Protip: If you want to be taken seriously, don't post comments with the intent of underselling one party. 
 
@Baldy said:

@Silver2467 said:

Maul's Precognition is perfectly sound. It has served him far more consistently than it has failed him.

It's certainly not perfect though, his demise is testimony to that.

No one's precog is perfect. Palpatine's demise is testimony to his precog being imperfect, but no one would argue that he lacks foresight. Maul has consistently predicted attacks in advance of their release. He has done this in almost every work he has appeared in, such as Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, The Wrath of Darth Maul, Episode 1 Journal: Darth Maul, Episode 1 Adventures: The Fury of Darth Maul, the Darth Maul miniseries, etc. In Episode 1 Journal, Maul was also able to read body language to anticipate an opponent's next move. His foresight is sufficient. Beyond that, Maul's failure to react to Obi-Wan in TPM is a result of surprise and overconfidence, not a deficiency in his precog. So that point has no merit.
#12 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexman113 said:

This is pure PIS. Wally, moving at super speeds also has super perception. He sees the world in slow motion, and that would include Deathstroke. There is no reason that should have worked.

Yeah, I know. I used it purely to demonstrate the usefulness of predictive abilities.

@Silver2467 said:

@Alexman113 said:

@Silver2467 said:

Maul's Precognition is perfectly sound. It has served him far more consistently than it has failed him.

Like against a padawan.

Protip: If you want to be taken seriously, don't post comments with the intent of underselling one party.

@Baldy said:

@Silver2467 said:

Maul's Precognition is perfectly sound. It has served him far more consistently than it has failed him.

It's certainly not perfect though, his demise is testimony to that.

No one's precog is perfect. Palpatine's demise is testimony to his precog being imperfect, but no one would argue that he lacks foresight. Maul has consistently predicted attacks in advance of their release. He has done this in almost every work he has appeared in, such as Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, The Wrath of Darth Maul, Episode 1 Journal: Darth Maul, Episode 1 Adventures: The Fury of Darth Maul, the Darth Maul miniseries, etc. In Episode 1 Journal, Maul was also able to read body language to anticipate an opponent's next move. His foresight is sufficient. Beyond that, Maul's failure to react to Obi-Wan in TPM is a result of surprise and overconfidence, not a deficiency in his precog. So that point has no merit.

It does have merit because it shows that his precognitive abilites arn't perfect. I'm certainly not of the opinion that he isn't good at using the force in this fashion, I am however, not convinced that it will hold up against a sudden burst of speed and skill from Karate Kid. If Karate Kid does get through his defences it will likely be through surprise as well.

That said Karate Kid doesn't have an amazing amount of durability and if his arm or leg gets blocked by a saber then he's probably going to gain the nickname 'stubby' by the time the fight is over.

#13 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy said:

I am however, not convinced that it will hold up against a sudden burst of speed and skill from Karate Kid. If Karate Kid does get through his defences it will likely be through surprise as well.

I agree with you completely. My first post was centered on my doubts that Maul could hang with KK's speed. And while I haven't outright said this yet, from what I do know about Karate Kid, he should win this rather conclusively. Better speed, striking power, destructive capacity, and combat skill. That should be more than enough.
#14 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

#15 Posted by XiiX (7904 posts) - - Show Bio

Karate Kid.

#16 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Round one KK, only cause maul is nerfed,,round 2 maul stomps

#17 Edited by Axe2k1 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

How does KK win any rounds here? He's unarmed against someone (who is expertly trained) using a saberstaff... Maul would have to be completely inept to lose either round.

As someone that actually practices martial arts, this KK character seems completely ridiculous, hahaha.