Kar Vastor vs Savage Opress

Darth_Buuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Kar has his vibro sheild/axe weapons. Savage has his saberstaff. Battle takes place on an open plain. Winner via death. Both are very raw in their abilities, figured it was a pretty good matchup.

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking about making this thread. It deserves some discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I haven't read Shatterpoint.. but I like the sound of this fight.

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By silvanus

Both are fierce warriors with great physical strength and raw power. I am not sure.

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Zabrak or the Korun?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mhhh Going with savage cause why not.

joead624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: mace would beat savage. Kar is at least stronger than mace. Kar wins

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vastor wins with mid difficulty

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One was > AOTC Mace. If he still has the connection to the forest to heal himself, he wins easily. If not, decent to good fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w4nkdestroyer:

Don't know about winning easily since AOTC Mace isn't strong at all compared to his other well known incarnation, and is sub Dooku by a decent margin.

AOTC Mace competed with Kar when Kar was stated to have Yoda level power/potential:

We give up so much for our power. And what Jedi could have done this?" I could not answer; Vastor has power on the scale of Master Yoda, or young Anakin Skywalker. And I had no desire to debate with Depa on Jedi tradition, and the necessary distinction between dark and light.

He's also not below AOTC Dooku by anything akin to a significant margin, given that he could have struck down Dooku before the latter could draw his blade and block:

Jango Fett bristles with weapons. An instinctive killer: the deadliest man in the galaxy. Jango can kill me in less than a second. I know it. Even if I had never seen Kenobi's report from Kamino, I can feel the violence Jango radiates: in the Force, a pulsar of death.

But I do it right.

My blade doesn't light the underside of Fett's square jaw. I don't waste time with words. I don't hesitate.

I believe.

In my dreams, the purple flare of my blade sizzles the gray hairs of Dooku's beard, and in the critical semisecond it takes Jango Fett to aim and fire, I twitch that blade and take Dooku with me into death.

And save the galaxy from civil war.

I could have done it.

I could have done it.

Because I knew. I could feel it

-

Yoda took a keen interest in the young Dooku. He assisted in Dooku's combat training and as a result, the Padawan became especially proficient with a lightsaber. Only Masters Yoda and Mace Windu were considered to be on equal terms with him.

Only Mace himself ever mastered it, and it was reckoned that only Master Yoda and Dooku were ever able to match Windu with a lightsaber.

Dooku had been reckoned one of the foremost duellists in the Jedi Order, second only to Master Yoda.

Under Yoda's tutelage, Dooku became one of the greatest sword masters the Order had ever produced - eclipsed only by Mace Windu and Yoda himself.

Yoda taught many pupils throughout his years, including Dooku, who became one of the finest sword masters the Order ever produced - eclipsed only by Mace Windu and Yoda himself.

Dooku's above him as of AOTC, but not by a significant margin. Mace is also probably a better H2H combatant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w4nkdestroyer: Potential doesn't mean much if you can't use it. Maul has more potential than Sidious, but he clearly lost their fight.

He's not referring to potential, he's referring to power:

I could not answer; Vastor has power on the scale of Master Yoda, or young Anakin Skywalker.

It's also possible for Force users to tap into their full power or far greater amounts than they would be able to normally under certain circumstances: Anakin against Dooku (AOTC and ROTS), on Mortis and against the theta storm, Obi-Wan against Grievous/Maul & Savage/MFV, Mace against Sidious, etc.

No it's not significant, but it does very well exist.

Yes, that's why I said that he's below Dooku.

Agreed, but that wouldn't make this an easy fight for Vastor in the slightest.

TCW Dooku>~AOTC Dooku>Shatterpoint Mace

Given an untrained Savage gave TCW Dooku issues (albeit, he exploited a weakness Dooku has), there is no way Vastor is winning easily.

Savage had a huge strength advantage against Dooku that he wouldn't have against Vastor, and I doubt Savage could overpower AOTC Mace like that. Kar is faster, more skilled, and more powerful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w4nkdestroyer:

Power A LOT of the times is used in place of potential. It's essentially a misnomer at this point in SW.

He's not referring to potential. He's outright referring to his power after having fought him and being beaten to a pulp by him. There's zero reason to believe he was referring to potential and not the power he could tap into when needed, especially since he was performing a feat that amazed Mace:

Kar simply squatted beside the two, humming tunelessly under his breath, while a Korun I did not recognize injected them with the antidote. Vastor's humming deepened, and found a pulsing rhythm like the slow beat of a human heart. He extended his hands, and closed his eyes, and hummed, and I could feel motion in the Force, a swirl of power very unlike any I've felt from a Jedi healer-or anyone else, for that matter.

A streak of red painted itself along their spines, and a moment later this red suddenly blossomed into the glistening wetness of fresh blood oozing through their skin-and details, I suppose, are unnecessary.

Suffice it to say that Kar had somehow used the Force-used pelekotan-to persuade the fever wasp larvae that they were in the wrong place to hatch: using the same animal tropism that draws them from the site of the wasp sting to cluster along the victim's central nervous system, Kar induced them to migrate-Out of Besh and Chalk entirely.

And such was his power that the entire wriggling mass of them-nearly a kilo all told- squirmed its way straight into the tyruun blaze, where the larvae popped while they roasted with a stench like burning hair.

In the midst of this extraordinary display, Depa leaned close to me and whispered, "Don't you ever wonder if we might be wrong?" I didn't understand what she was talking about, and she waved her fine-boned hand vaguely toward Vastor. "Such power-and such control-and never a day of training.

Because what he does is natural: as natural as the jungle itself. We Jedi train our entire lives: to control our natural emotions, to overcome our natural desires. We give up so much for our power. And what Jedi could have done this?" I could not answer; Vastor has power on the scale of Master Yoda, or young Anakin Skywalker. And I had no desire to debate with Depa on Jedi tradition, and the necessary distinction between dark and light.

So I tried to change the subject.

Haruun Kal's jungle nexus allows Kar to tap into power he normally wouldn't be able to without growing more powerful. He's essentially harnessing his full power and potential and channelling it.

And what does tapping into one's potential have to do with this fight? There would be fair circumstances to prevent that from happening.

Because as I was trying to explain to you, with the jungle nexus allowing him to access his full potential (akin to Mortis allowing Anakin to unlock his due to his unique connection to it) he was able to exert power and abilities comparable to that of Yoda's, to the point that Mace even states that his power is like no other that he's seen.

Which I acknowledged. But I also acknowledged that was an extremely pre prime Savage.

Doesn't matter. His growth following that, while significant, clearly didn't massively amplify his strength given that a Kenobi caught off guard still managed to block a few strikes from him:

As did Adi Gallia:

The only other time Savage is shown as unskilled is against Sidious, which isn't a low showing at all.

I never said he was unskilled, I said he was less skilled than Kar. Savage is around or below Plo Koon, and therefore below the B-Team or Mace. Kar put up a good fight against Mace even just in skill, even landing hits and tagging him:

'Want to be impressed?" Mace said. "Let's see the impression my boot makes on your face." Without warning, Vastor's stalk became a lightning lunge, fingers hooked like talons, his arms sweeping wide to close on Mace once more-but Mace wasn't there anymore. A slight sidestep and a weave of his head snuck him to the outside of Vastor's lunge, and his fist whipped backhand to snap Vastor in the base of the skull as he passed: a knockout blow. But Vastor must have felt it coming; he pitched forward, rolling with the punch so that it flipped him end for end. He landed in perfect balance and sprang again, straight up; the kick Mace had aimed at his kidneys only grazed his calf muscle. He used the impact to whirl in the air so that he could fall upon the Jedi Master like a branch leopard taking a tusker

He even incorporated Force attacks into his H2H fighting style with another proficiency to surprise and knock Mace away:

Mace let him go. "Go on and run, Kar. This is over. You lose. I'm the big dog here-" Vastor turned his dive into a roll and spun to face the Jedi Master from one knee, and before Mace had even finished speaking the Force whirled around him and Mace found himself wrenched off the ground, hurtling backward through the air to slam against the smooth-barked gray trunk of a meter-thick lammas tree.

The whole tree shivered with the impact, and a spiral galaxy birthed itself inside Mace's head. He thought, I was wondering when we'd get to this part. Vastor's face tightened. Strength must have been returning to his nerve-punched arms already, because he managed to raise one and gesture as though throwing a stone; Mace was whirled forward from the tree to crash against the skull of an astonished akk dog.

While Mace was significantly better in H2H, Kar not only tagged him but managed to bypass his Force defences.

I might add it wasn't even due to the fact that Sidious was more skilled (he definitely is though) it's just that Sidious is so much faster.

Um, huh? Sidious was toying with Savage the entire fight and clearly outmatches him in sabers:

Teeth bared, Savage windmilled his double saber, hoping to disarm Sidious or force him to give ground. If he did, that would allow the yellow-and-black Zabrak to follow his initial attack with a lightning-quick thrust that would penetrate Sidious’s defenses and wound or even kill him.

Maul tried to shake off his attack, rocketing up from the floor. Sidious neatly side-stepped Savage’s assault, drawing back as the massive Zabrak raised his double-bladed saber high to try to pummel him with it. Savage didn’t think Sidious was fast enough to take advantage of the brief opening in his defenses, but he was wrong.

Sidious rammed one of his blades through Savage’s black armor, the glowing crimson tip of the saber appearing between his shoulder blades. Savage gasped, his saber tumbling from his grasp. Sidious yanked his weapon back and Savage seemed to hang suspended for a moment, as if he were being levitated by with the Force. Then he crashed to the ground.

-

No Caption Provided

Savage isn't even Maul level in skill:

Loading Video...

So no, Sidious is not only much faster than Savage, but much more skilled. He's also strong enough to hold off Savage and Maul's collective strength while toying with them and laughing.

Considering Savage is > ROTS Anakin in strength,

He's not. The only comparisons that can be made between the two are Savage knocking away a backpedalling and off balance Dooku who blocked with a single hand (so all it meant was Savage's blow had enough force to knock him back and make him drop his lightsaber), which is a terrible comparison:

No Caption Provided

As opposed to Zonakin staggering him then seizing him and slicing off his hands with ease:

With the Lucas line-edited novel specifying him as stomping him:

When Count Dooku flies at him, blade flashing, Watto's fist cracks out from Anakin's childhood to knock the Sith Lord tumbling back.

When with all the power that the dark side can draw from throughout the universe, Dooku hurls a jagged fragment of the durasteel table, Shmi Skywalker's gentle murmur I knew you would come for me, Anakin smashes it aside.

So no, he's not > ROTS Anakin in strength. Zonakin was outright stomping and driving back a significantly more powerful Dooku than the one Savage knocked away when he was backpedalling and brought his blade up one-handed to block a blow.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vastor do to being above>AOTC mace who still holds the necessary skill to take the count of that specific timeframe.