DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DaDivineKing

Luke stomps.

IIRC, Luke contended pretty well against Vastor in SoM. That was Luke only a month or two after ROTJ. Luke by DE would utterly crush Vastor.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaDivineKing

@papinacho:

That wasn't in Haruun Kal thought, the jungle powers Kar Vastor.

True.

Additionally from Shadows of Mindor:

"Verisimilitude? I did not defeat Kar Vastor in single combat- I didn't even fight him. He was terrified, and confused, and aside from one, well, bite, he just ran away. I didn't cut off his arms with my lightsaber, and I don't even know what a vibroshield is."

"I did take some liberties," Geptun said. "Call it artistic license."

Which is why I said IIRC. I wasn't 100%.

I have an bad memory overall, and it's been almost a full year since I've read SoM. Do you mind giving me a few of his feats?

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaDivineKing

@papinacho said:

@deronn_solo: Well he thrashed Mace Windu in hand to hand combat in Shatterpoint and Windu later mentioned that Kar had a strength in the force in the level of Anakin and Yoda.

I would say that Luke by DE is above Anakin and possibly equal with Yoda as far as strength in the Force goes. Luke should be a good deal faster and stronger then Vastor (he has fought to fast for Leia to perceive, and has deflected fire from a AT-AT chain laser which--hits with force measured in gigatons) Luke has good h2h showing as well.

I'm siding with Luke for moment.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Luke

xxAcid_spitxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: @deronn_solo: Luke will stomp Vastor. Luke is incredibly naturally skilled in unarmed combat. In shadows of the empire alone he defeated Guri in unarmed combat. Luke like Vastor is extremely strong physically, he broke restraints off his wrists in the rebellion era that should have been impossible to do for a man his size, on top of that he can perform one finger hand stands. People often overlook Luke and don't see unarmed combat is one of Luke's specialties and he uses it frequently when fighting with his lightsaber, for example in ROTJ he kicks Vader across the room when they are dueling. I understand its a minor feat but to me it shows Luke is physically strong because Vader went sailing after that and even did a back flip from the impact. Vader in his armour has to be pretty heavy so this tells me Luke can pack a punch. Luke's speed is superior to Vastor's and Luke could probably use force punch with his speed to kill Vastor quickly. Vastor is tough but I give Luke the edge 10/10 for the fact he is more naturally skilled with advancing in any form of combat without formal training.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Still Luke. Kar Vastor's power being considered on a similar scale to Anakin and Yoda is mostly irrelevant when Luke at this time is really about on par with Yoda. He should be able to win via speedblitz.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaDivineKing

@papinacho:

Well h2h is actually Vastor's specialty, whereas Luke kind of specializes in Lightsaber combat.

As I'v said before, Luke isn't too bad at h2h combat either. I wouldn't call him an expert though.

Mace Windu was both very proficient Teras Kasi and faster than the eye could see and he still lost.

Mace is not as fast, nor as strong as Luke.

By ROTJ, Luke was resisting winds while flying at high speeds thousands of feet in they air, Luke was resisting force bordering a ton with his mechanical hand. More to the point, he has broken out of metal restraints (pre-ESB), and deflected fire from a AT-AT very casually (DE). Mara Jade arms almost fell off when she deflected he fire on an AT-ST walker.

The injuries that Mace caused him, healed in seconds inside the jungle, so Luke would have a very tough time putting him down, even being faster and more precise.

True. But Luke should be able to do much better then what Mace did. Leia by DE, was roughly equal with Windu in the speed department and she couldn't even perceive Luke. Mace also has no strength feat rivaling Luke either.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Skywalker.

xxAcid_spitxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: Ik what Guri is. I was using that to display Luke had a considerable amount of skill in unarmed combat as early as before ROTJ