#1 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku's Kamehameha vs Superman's Heat Vision!

Not sure whether this would fall into the Anime vs Comic category, but I wanted to see a discussion about which ability is more effective and why, and which one is more preferred than the other. A common trait is that each technique intensifies as the user grows in power, though that is debatable with each incarnation of the user.

Can a Kamehameha wave counter Heat Vision beams or vice versa? Can the Heat Vision beams exceed the force of the Kamehameha wave in terms of raw power? Questions, comments, and criticism is welcome.
#2 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Kamehameha, when it comes to destruction and the potential, and the Heat Vision, when it comes to the speed and the usability.

The Kamehameha cast takes 2-3 episodes, while the Heat Vision can be used instantly. I'm pretty sure that the DB people lack the durability to survive the intensitity of concentrated Heat Vision. It would simply cut through them. I imagine something like that also happening if the Heat Vision faces the Kamehameha. It would simply go through, since I consider them as two separate kinds of energy. The Kamehameha is pure energy, where the Heat Vision is much more.
But the Kamehameha is VASTLY more powerful. During the Cell arc Goku would have been able to destroy the entire planet with his Kamehameha, even though he was by far not the strongest guy on the battlefield at that time. Can the Heat Vision easily cut through planets and making them burst into pieces? I've never seen something like that before. There are some neat Heat Vision feats, but something like that would be simply too amazing. Is there such a feat? 

#3 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21340 posts) - - Show Bio

The Kamehameha is stronger by feats but Supes heat Visions has More Potential It is hotter then the Core of the Sun meaning it exceed's 10,000,000 Degree's with that kind of temp should be able to bust a planet.

#4 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (1442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio said:

Kamehameha, when it comes to destruction and the potential, and the Heat Vision, when it comes to the speed and the usability. The Kamehameha cast takes 2-3 episodes, while the Heat Vision can be used instantly. I'm pretty sure that the DB people lack the durability to survive the intensitity of concentrated Heat Vision. It would simply cut through them. I imagine something like that also happening if the Heat Vision faces the Kamehameha. It would simply go through, since I consider them as two separate kinds of energy. The Kamehameha is pure energy, where the Heat Vision is much more. But the Kamehameha is VASTLY more powerful. During the Cell arc Goku would have been able to destroy the entire planet with his Kamehameha, even though he was by far not the strongest guy on the battlefield at that time. Can the Heat Vision easily cut through planets and making them burst into pieces? I've never seen something like that before. There are some neat Heat Vision feats, but something like that would be simply too amazing. Is there such a feat?

Not as impressive as Kamehameha but still awesome

3:00

#5 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

Kamehameha

#6 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio: Superman's Heat vison has covered a planet

#7 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21340 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

The scan.

In this comic it states Supes heat Vision can not be measured meaning its hotter then the sun so yes Heat Vision is a Planet buster.

#8 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Thanks I was looking for that scan.

#9 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

I think gokus blast is more powerful bit its also slower. : /

#10 Posted by Lantern Prime (13045 posts) - - Show Bio

Think about how powerful his Kamehameha is past SSJ1 form.....

#11 Posted by God_Spawn (36011 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

The Kamehameha is stronger by feats but Supes heat Visions has More Potential It is hotter then the Core of the Sun meaning it exceed's 10,000,000 Degree's with that kind of temp should be able to bust a planet.

This is your bread and butter isn't it lol?

#12 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21340 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

This is your bread and butter isn't it lol?

Lol yep.

#13 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:

Which isn't very impressive.
#14 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21340 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

@Death Certificate said:

The Point is Superman Heat Vision can Cover a Planet and since it can and it is hotter then the sun that means it can melt/bust one.

Note: The Kamehameha Wins But Supes heat Vision is no joke and is very underrated.

#15 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@dccomicsrule2011: Let me know when Superman actually destroys a planet with his heat vision.
#16 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21340 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Let me know when Superman actually destroys a planet with his heat vision.

I know I am just using logic also when has The Kamehameha bust a planet? they said it can but it never bust one we are using logic Thus with Logic Supes can bust a Planet with heat Vision since it can covers it and is hotter then the sun so why can't it? And Why would Supes want to destroy a Planet?

#17 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: Heating a planet isn't impressive ?

#18 Posted by Superguy0009e (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

KAMEHAMEHA looks WAAAAAAY cooler.

Observe:

#19 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

also when has The Kamehameha bust a planet? they said it can but it never bust one

You're responding to something I never said or even implied. I made no mention about the Kamehameha destroying a planet, as I know absolutely nothing about the Kamehameha. Nowhere did I ever make a case for the Kamehameha being more powerful than heat vision. I simply said Superman is incapable of destroying a planet with heat vision, which is true. 

we are using logic Thus with Logic Supes can bust a Planet with eat Vision since it can cover it and is hotter then the sun so why can't it? And Why would Supes want to destroy a Planet?

This is broken logic. If Superman increases the blast radius of his heat vision to such a vast scale that it engulfs a world, then the power of the energy itself is decreased as it becomes spread incredibly thin. Whereas, if all the power and force of his heat vision is compressed into a smaller beam, then it all hits a target directly, causing more devastating effects as the entirety of its energy connects all at once. When Superman's heat vision was "hotter than the core of the sun," was the blast as wide as it was when he heated a planet? If not, then there is no amalgamation of the two feats. Furthermore, Superman's heat vision being "hotter than the core of the sun" seems radically inconsistent. I know of only one example where this has been stated; on the other hand, I have seen numerous other examples where his heat vision is significantly less powerful, even when he fires it in an enraged state. He heated a planet. So? The planet's integrity and its life were undamaged. His heat vision was "hotter than the core of the sun." So? It had a reduced blast radius and is subject to hyperbole. 

When Superman actually demonstrates the capacity to destroy a planet with his heat vision, then I will take that as a possibility. Until then, there are countless instances where his heat vision was nowhere near that level.
#20 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:

@Silver2467: Heating a planet isn't impressive ?

In the sense of his blast radius? Sure. For destructive capacity? Not at all.
#21 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

@Death Certificate said:

I've never seen Superman destroy a planet, but on one occassion it was stated that when Superman and Martian Manhunter combined their heat vision it created a heat pulse that rivaled the birth of a star, there was another occasion where Superman was able to expand a compacted white dwarf star with his heat vision.

#22 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex_Starr said:

@Silver2467 said:

@Death Certificate said:

I've never seen Superman destroy a planet, but on one occassion it was stated that when Superman and Martian Manhunter combined their heat vision it created a heat pulse that rivaled the birth of a star, there was another occasion where Superman was able to expand a compacted white dwarf star with his heat vision.

Do you have scans or issue numbers for either of these? Never seen them before. The previous also would constitute a dual feat, which lessens its significance for Superman solitarily.
#23 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21340 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: I get your point On destroying a Planet but Scientest Can not measure the Temp Supes heat Vision meaning it is hotter the the core of the Sun.

#24 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@dccomicsrule2011: And again, that only has so much consistency backing it. If someone could provide multiple showings where his heat vision reached that level of power or a level comparable to it, then it might carry more weight. But as I said, I only know of one example of that as opposed to myriads of others where his heat vision lacked that degree of power.
#25 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Silver2467 said:

@Death Certificate said:

Do you have scans or issue numbers for either of these? Never seen them before. The previous also would constitute a dual feat, which lessens its significance for Superman solitarily.

Sure one sec, lemme check my stash.

#26 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex_Starr: Thanks.
#27 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: I was just pointing out the what superman's heat could do, granted I didn't say it could blow up a planet.

#28 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate: I understand, but barring the blast radius of his heat vision, I have no idea why people treat that one showing as particularly impressive and in some cases as an indication that he can destroy a planet with his heat vision (this is not directed at you in particular). For that matter, when Superman heated the plant, didn't he only heat the surface of it, not the world in whole? Because if so, that serves as even less of an indication that he could accomplish that much destruction with HV. It would be like me saying that Palpatine can destroy an entire planet because his wormholes can tear the surfaces off worlds. It makes no sense.
#29 Edited by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467:

Heat Pulse that rivals the birth of a star JLA Scary Monsters #6

Expanding a white dwarf star [it was compacted with Ray Palmer's tech, Superman expanded it to create enough gravity to stabilize the Earth]

Adventures of Superman #618

#30 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex_Starr: I think I skimmed through Scary Monsters once, but I have no recollection of the feat you mentioned. However, is Scary Monsters canon? Some of those JLA miniseries and one-shots only seem ambiguously canon. Maybe you could verify though. 

As for Adventures of Superman, I will see if I can look that up.
#31 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

@Dex_Starr: I think I skimmed through Scary Monsters once, but I have no recollection of the feat you mentioned. However, is Scary Monsters canon? Some of those JLA miniseries and one-shots only seem ambiguously canon. Maybe you could verify though. As for Adventures of Superman, I will see if I can look that up.

I haven't heard of anything that would make Scary Monsters non canon, not saying weather it is or not but I have no knowledge of it.

#32 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21340 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467:

In the scan above They explain Supes Heat Vision power level Supes has also been able to power up Jo-Rel Ion planet moving Engines which was 16X Bigger the Earth, Supes heat Vision was stated to be hotter then The Fire of haties, Destroyed a Astroid That would have done Major Damage to the Earth, and More I am just scraping the bottom of the puttin cup Right now I will get the scans if you want them?

#33 Posted by Erik (29926 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a thinly disguised comic vs manga thread.

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

According to my knowledge it took 12 Daxamites to destroy a planet. (Using Heat Vision)

#35 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

Just a thinly disguised comic vs manga thread.

Agreed

#36 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21340 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

According to my knowledge it took 12 Daxamites to destroy a planet. (Using Heat Vision)

What comic was that in?

#37 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@ReVamp said:

What comic was that in?

I don't remember which is why I said "according to my knowledge"

#38 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21340 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467:

I think Supes heat Vision has also burned through Despero head before if I am not mistaken I will look for the scans.

#39 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

@Death Certificate: I understand, but barring the blast radius of his heat vision, I have no idea why people treat that one showing as particularly impressive and in some cases as an indication that he can destroy a planet with his heat vision (this is not directed at you in particular). For that matter, when Superman heated the plant, didn't he only heat the surface of it, not the world in whole? Because if so, that serves as even less of an indication that he could accomplish that much destruction with HV. It would be like me saying that Palpatine can destroy an entire planet because his wormholes can tear the surfaces off worlds. It makes no sense.

KMC Respect threads often give people that incapacitation of superman, destroying a planet due to some (not all) up-loaders of scans giving statements without any extra explaintion, leaving a bare bones guesses.

#40 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Silver2467:

In the scan above They explain Supes Heat Vision power level Supes has also been able to power up Jo-Rel Ion planet moving Engines which was 16X Bigger the Earth, Supes heat Vision was stated to be hotter then The Fire of haties, Destroyed a Astroid That would have done Major Damage to the Earth, and More I am just scraping the bottom of the puttin cup Right now I will get the scans if you want them?

I have seen the scan before. It's a pretty description. It hardly validates that he can destroy a planet. 

Powering a machine as a feat of energy projection has never sat well with me, but I can understand why people use those. The problem I have is that often times, characters with energy output nowhere near necessary to perform at the level of whatever machine they empower still somehow manage to power those machines, which comes off as strange to me. Now, obviously Superman could never move a planet with heat vision, since that has nothing to do with its application, but the energy he puts into it is what allows it to do so. 

"Hotter than the fire of Hades." Alright? Who said this exactly and what was their criteria for this description? And what exactly does that mean anyway? Hellfire is supposed to torture the spirit/soul of a person, right? So how can a physical energy emission be analogized with that? 

Destroying an asteroid is a good feat, but that hardly compares to destroying a world. For that matter, I think it was either Power Girl or Supergirl who destroyed a meteorite the size of a state (which state, I forget) in JLA: The Titans, and they had help from another character (it might have been each other). 

If you're scraping the bottom of the puttin cup, it should be relatively easy to give me a feat not dependent on a possibly character-driven or hyperoblized statement and instead a showing that actually bears resemblance in power to destroying a planet.
#41 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Silver2467:

I think Supes heat Vision has also burned through Despero head before if I am not mistaken I will look for the scans.

Ugh. I know what comic this was from. It was in a Superman/Batman story where Superman one-shots Despero with his heat vision. Problem is, Despero's durability to energy has never been very high, from what I have seen, and everyone knows Superman/Batman is garbage.
#42 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21340 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: I am inclined to agree with you after discussing this I agree Supes heat Vision can not destroy a Planet I raise My white flag.

#43 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@dccomicsrule2011: All right.

@Dex_Starr: I just looked at Adventures of Superman #618, and the feat needs more context. For one, the star itself was small. I know Atom said that the more massive, the smaller it becomes, but he also said it only weighed about a hundred tons. Additionally, he said that the white dwarf star's energy was granting Superman power, just as a yellow star does. So Superman was amped in this showing to some degree. As well, the expansion of the star was not as much a result of his heat vision as a switching between his cold breath and his heat vision. Atom said that the shifting between hot and cold temperatures caused its expansion. So I have to disregard that because of these circumstances.
#44 Posted by Tony_Shark (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I do not know much about Heat Vision. I think Kamehameha wins either way. It was stated that SS1 Goku in Cell Saga could easily destroy the Earth with a fully powered Kamehameha, and that version of Goku is nowhere near as strong as later version (though I really don't know if GT is non-cannon).

Aren't anime vs comic threads not allowed?

#45 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2166 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tony_Shark said:

Though I do not know much about Heat Vision. I think Kamehameha wins either way. It was stated that SS1 Goku in Cell Saga could easily destroy the Earth with a fully powered Kamehameha, and that version of Goku is nowhere near as strong as later version (though I really don't know if GT is non-cannon).

Aren't anime vs comic threads not allowed?

A couple others have dictated it so, but it's not an Anime vs Comic thread in terms of characters. It's about character abilities, basically just putting them side-by-side to see which one weighs out the other. I look at this as, "Would you rather have so and so powers," instead of addressing the subtle reference.
#46 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

~11 months and 1 week later, Dark Cloud bumps his thread due to seeing another just like it. Before he had, however, he felt rather betrayed that his idea was taken from him, used as another person's because of a rule that was overturned not a few days back.~

I hate myself.

#47 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Heat Vision.

#48 Posted by XImpossibruX (5030 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no evidence of Superman heat vision being hotter then the sun.

This is his bloodlusted heat vision and none have even come close to Master Roshi Kamehameha Moon busting.

#49 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

heat vision.