GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GoldKing

Fight takes place in Tokyo, Japan.

No BFR. Kalibak (w/ Beta Club) is bloodlusted. Cap & Mags are in character.

Peak/Prime Captain America. Magneto is peaked (Has complete control over his powers; not weak). Kalibak is peaked.

Cap & Mags have 15 minutes prep (as they arrive on scene via Quinjet). They know nothing about him but realize immediately he is physically superior to them in every possible way, on the level of the Hulk (if not moreso). But they are all that stand between him and the city.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By NimaMindTricks

Under these stips Magneto should stomp on his own. Kalibak is jobber garbage.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Captain America is a non fator here

Kaibak is powerful but he is a horrible jobber

Magneto, near Tokyo...well, he could at least incapacitate or BFR ( optic it KO ) Kaibak

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GoldKing

@drfate: @nimamindtricks:

No BFR.

What's Mags gonna do to him? He could collapse a building onto him and Kalibak would shrug it off like nothing. We'll say this is a NON-jobbing Kalibak.

Say for a moment that Magneto had to turn his attention away from the fight to stop a building full of people from collapsing and Cap was left to deal with Kalibak for like 5 minutes. How does that play out?

Kalibak takes a full power baseball bat swing with the Beta Club with everything he's got right into the shield with Cap bracing behind it. How does that play out?

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NimaMindTricks

@goldking: @drfate: meh or mags decapitate him with Cap's shield then sodomizes him with the club

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kalibak in a stomp.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@goldking:

No BFR.

What's Mags gonna do to him? He could collapse a building onto him and Kalibak would shrug it off like nothing. We'll say this is a NON-jobbing Kalibak.

Say for a moment that Magneto had to turn his attention away from the fight to stop a building full of people from collapsing and Cap was left to deal with Kalibak for like 5 minutes. How does that play out?

Kalibak takes a full power baseball bat swing with the Beta Club with everything he's got right into the shield with Cap bracing behind it. How does that play out?

Since this fight is taking place in Tokyo, Cap lands in Hong Kong at several times the speed of sound. DOA.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry Captain is not Batman :D

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Kalibak is not a jobber. He loses to Orion and Superman of all people. That said, Magneto solos while Cap is a non factor.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kalibak is not a jobber. He loses to Orion and Superman of all people. That said, Magneto solos while Cap is a non factor.

Kalibak is beastly enough that I don't think Mags can fully solo. Especially not if Kalibak is bloodlusted. This guy goes toe to toe with some of the toughest beings in DC. I think he could hold his own.

Cap, I think, would be more of a pest. Can't really do much to him, but can be enough of a distraction to pull him away from his destruction.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking said:

@tifalockhart said:

Kalibak is beastly enough that I don't think Mags can fully solo. Especially not if Kalibak is bloodlusted. This guy goes toe to toe with some of the toughest beings in DC. I think he could hold his own.

Cap, I think, would be more of a pest. Can't really do much to him, but can be enough of a distraction to pull him away from his destruction.

Then why are you making spite threads if you don't think the team can win?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

15 minutes of prep? Sheesh, so little time to prep for this brute. Anyway, they get stomped. Steve dies but Magneto keeps fighting until he eventually meets his end.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Cap and Magneto.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magneto has caps vibranium shield... he could probably propel it with more force than cap even, and continue to batter Kalibak with it until he cuts his head off.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dathomiesilversurfer:

magneto has caps vibranium shield... he could probably propel it with more force than cap even, and continue to batter Kalibak with it until he cuts his head off.

.....Maybe. But it's important to remember just who it is Kalibak goes head to head with on a regular basis. People like:

• Orion
  • Lightray
  • Mr. Miracle
  • Big Barda
  • Superman and an assortment of Justice Leaguers (including Hal Jordan)

The list of mortals and gods he's battled over the centuries is quite long, but the above mentioned names all have the ability to travel, react, and/or move at near or above lightspeed (under their own power or via equipment/weapons). Kalibak himself is also superhumanly fast, though he seems to hover in the supersonic range when it's necessary for him to do so. My point is that a non jobbing Kalibak is a lethal force of carnivorous rage. He is a Wendigo-level threat when he's serious and Captain America would be eaten, not just defeated. Magneto could very well pick up the Captain's Shield and hurl it at Kalibak with great force, but he could just as easily deflect said shield with his Beta-Club or even worse catch the shield and use it as a secondary blunt force instrument.

Kalibak has remarkable stamina and endurance. He could wail away on Magneto's shields for the next 5 months if it became necessary for him to do so and/or if he saw that those shields were the only thing keeping him from the senior citizen's tasty internal organs. Magneto is beastly, but if he couldn't magnetically manipulate Paulie Provenzano, Kalibak will present a significant difficulty to him seeing as his durability dwarfs that of the Italian mutant's.

@ancient_0f_days & @nickthedevil, what do you guys think of my analysis?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By adamTRMM

@heraldofganthet said:
but if he couldn't magnetically manipulate Paulie Provenzano

There was a context to it:

No Caption Provided

Jean and Xavier messed with his head and he also couldn't kill Wolverine, and Dazzler in the begging with a bit different context even though he thought he did kill her.

The assumption Magneto has never affected people with high durability is wrong:

Dealing with She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Iron Man while holding all of his... ehm, "children"(funny fact, to the date these scans are, Polaris wasn't his child, now she is, while SW and QS are not.... f@kin Marvel) in a magnetic lock. Two panels after he also executes Cortez who is 50 miles away from him.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

Dealing with She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Iron Man while holding all of his... ehm, "children"(funny fact, to the date these scans are, Polaris wasn't his child, now she is, while SW and QS are not.... f@kin Marvel) in a magnetic lock. Two panels after he also executes Cortez who is 50 miles away from him.

I remember the awesome She-Hulk and the Fabian Cortez feats (which I will address separately):

1. She-Hulk= She most certainly has superhuman durability. But at her core she has an easily (from Magneto's perspective, anyway) exploitable weakness: She (and Ms. Marvel for that matter) are both superhuman mutates. Meaning that while Jennifer is certainly more durable and stronger than she was pre-transfusion, she (and Carol Danvers) still have a largely human metabolism in terms of their internal organs, skeletal structure, and blood composition. This is why she still has (even in her She-Hulk form) hemoglobin in her blood cells. That is what left her vulnerable to that excruciating attack from Magneto that I will never forget. But there is no guarantee that Kalibak's Apokoliptian body tissues/bodily fluids contain any magnetic elements at all. Just saying. And...
  2. Fabian Cortez= Yeah, that was brutal. Seriously, I said to myself when I saw how he died "Dude, WTF?!? That's some cold-blooded s**t right there!" That said, Cortez was lacking any sizeable superhuman durability. Unlike Kalibak who is at least as durable as the Thing with a healing factor that's on par with the Creeper (or perhaps Sabretooth to use a Marvel example). And since BFR is off the table, Magneto has a lot of work to do to prevent himself from becoming a mid-afternoon snack, IMO...
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking said:

@drfate: @nimamindtricks:

We'll say this is a NON-jobbing Kalibak.

The rules stipulate that all characters fight to "the best of their abilities....".

So, you don't need to.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GoldKing

@heraldofganthet: @dathomiesilversurfer:

Excellent analysis.

I do wonder exactly how fast Magneto could push the shield along. You'd think with how powerful he is, he could easily make it go beyond hypersonic. Perhaps many times faster even. But also, as you've said, Kalibak is damn fast when he needs to be and has durability in the same ballpark as Superman. So..... I'm not so sure even at many many times hypersonic speed could the shield even cut him.

Do you think Mags is capable of propelling the shield along near-lightspeed?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

what's steve doing here? moral support?

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GoldKing

@dathomiesilversurfer:

@heraldofganthet said:

@goldking:

Since this fight is taking place in Tokyo, Cap lands in Hong Kong at several times the speed of sound. DOA.

The Vibranium would certainly provide some padding, wouldn't it? It does every time Thor hits it. Though, I'm sure Kalibak is much stronger than Thor physically. But the Beta Club is supposed to be virtually-indestructible. So seeing the two items collide with each other with Kalibak's massive power (backed by his animalistic rage and ferocity) would be quite the site to behold.

Even if Cap lands 1000 miles away, I think he survives the fall. Two reasons: 1) The shield would protect him from harm when it's hit by Kalibak. 2) mid-flight he could maneuver it so as he crash-landed, the shield would hit first. So he could essentially ride it out like being on a sled. But then if it started to tumble, I'm sure he could roll with it. As for the speed at which he was blown through the air.... not sure if Cap could withstand getting socked away that fast, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he's the one and only Super Soldier. :)

But then again, just as he gets socked away (as long as he holds on) Mags could slow it down and bring it back (with him in tow).

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GoldKing

@masterkungfu said:

what's steve doing here? moral support?

They were together in Japan when the call came in. They went in together. Cap is more of a distraction and Mags is the heavy hitter. They don't know what it is, but they know their best shot at beating it is to stay together.

Plus, Cap can plan strategy.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Koays  Online
Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: kalibark is not stronger than thor, i doubt he's even a quarter of his strength

Magneto solostomps to be honest, kalibark aint breaking mags shield(pre avx) and magneto has tons of ways to deal with him

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2:

How did you come to that conclusion about strength? Kalibak is a brute if I've ever seen one. He's extremely strong.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By adamTRMM

@heraldofganthet:

She-Hulk= She most certainly has superhuman durability. But at her core she has an easily (from Magneto's perspective, anyway) exploitable weakness: She (and Ms. Marvel for that matter) are both superhuman mutates. Meaning that while Jennifer is certainly more durable and stronger than she was pre-transfusion, she (and Carol Danvers) still have a largely human metabolism in terms of their internal organs, skeletal structure, and blood composition. This is why she still has (even in her She-Hulk form) hemoglobin in her blood cells. That is what left her vulnerable to that excruciating attack from Magneto that I will never forget. But there is no guarantee that Kalibak's Apokoliptian body tissues/bodily fluids contain any magnetic elements at all. Just saying. And...

Oh I never said it will work on Kalibak, but you brought up Omerta and I felt I needed to provide the full context to it and leave here a "comparison", that maybe you wasn't familiar with.

Also, I think any superhuman physiology should be judged individually since we don't know exactly what said transformation actually does to their bodies, I mean I would totally expect Magneto to mess with She-Hulk's gamma rather than with the iron of her blood. But in this they create a character possessing any Hulk's Kryptonite and I don't think Marvel really wants that, thus, we we'll never see (and if I'm not mistaken have never seen) Magneto play with gamma rays, or battling the Hulk. IMO

Fabian Cortez= Yeah, that was brutal. Seriously, I said to myself when I saw how he died "Dude, WTF?!? That's some cold-blooded s**t right there!" That said, Cortez was lacking any sizeable superhuman durability. Unlike Kalibak who is at least as durable as the Thing with a healing factor that's on par with the Creeper (or perhaps Sabretooth to use a Marvel example). And since BFR is off the table, Magneto has a lot of work to do to prevent himself from becoming a mid-afternoon snack, IMO...

I just brought him up to show that there was a lot of punishment in the same time, he doesn't have superhuman durability, but the feat against him was in showing that Magnus had surgical and wide ranged control.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@goldking:

Excellent analysis.

Thank you, kind sir. I do aim to please!

I do wonder exactly how fast Magneto could push the shield along. You'd think with how powerful he is, he could easily make it go beyond hypersonic. Perhaps many times faster even. But also, as you've said, Kalibak is damn fast when he needs to be and has durability in the same ballpark as Superman. So..... I'm not so sure even at many many times hypersonic speed could the shield even cut him.

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, he has a potent healing factor to potentially compensate for the damage. If he doesn't swat the shield on its way to his location that is...

Do you think Mags is capable of propelling the shield along near-lightspeed?

I guess anything's possible where comic book physics are concerned (lol)!

@heraldofganthet said:

@goldking:

The Vibranium would certainly provide some padding, wouldn't it? It does every time Thor hits it.

It certainly does. When THOR hits it. Let me explain: Thor (even in a bad mood) has a great deal of both respect and reverence for Steve Rogers as both a long term teammate AND as one of the few beings in creation noble enough to lift Mjolnir. He has never hit Cap's shield in a full on "warrior madness" frame of mind. Kalibak has no such loyalty and thus no reason to temper his blow(s).

Though, I'm sure Kalibak is much stronger than Thor physically. But the Beta Club is supposed to be virtually-indestructible. So seeing the two items collide with each other with Kalibak's massive power (backed by his animalistic rage and ferocity) would be quite the site to behold.

Agreed.

Even if Cap lands 1000 miles away, I think he survives the fall. Two reasons: 1) The shield would protect him from harm when it's hit by Kalibak. 2) mid-flight he could maneuver it so as he crash-landed, the shield would hit first. So he could essentially ride it out like being on a sled. But then if it started to tumble, I'm sure he could roll with it. As for the speed at which he was blown through the air.... not sure if Cap could withstand getting socked away that fast, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he's the one and only Super Soldier. :)

Maybe. But he would certainly have multiple fractures (perhaps even compound fractures) all over his body, putting him out of commission for several weeks based on his recuperative powers.

But then again, just as he gets socked away (as long as he holds on) Mags could slow it down and bring it back (with him in tow).

He could, but Kalibak would be all over him like stink on s**t in the meantime, so he'd better do it quickly!!;D

@adamtrmm:

She-Hulk= She most certainly has superhuman durability. But at her core she has an easily (from Magneto's perspective, anyway) exploitable weakness: She (and Ms. Marvel for that matter) are both superhuman mutates. Meaning that while Jennifer is certainly more durable and stronger than she was pre-transfusion, she (and Carol Danvers) still have a largely human metabolism in terms of their internal organs, skeletal structure, and blood composition. This is why she still has (even in her She-Hulk form) hemoglobin in her blood cells. That is what left her vulnerable to that excruciating attack from Magneto that I will never forget. But there is no guarantee that Kalibak's Apokoliptian body tissues/bodily fluids contain any magnetic elements at all. Just saying. And...

Oh I never said it will work on Kalibak, but you brought up Omerta and I felt I needed to provide the full context to it and leave here a "comparison", that maybe you wasn't familiar with.

Also, I think any superhuman physiology should be judged individually since we don't know exactly what said transformation actually does to their bodies, I mean I would totally expect Magneto to mess with She-Hulk's gamma rather than with the iron of her blood. But in this they create a character possessing any Hulk's Kryptonite and I don't think Marvel really wants that, thus, we we'll never see (and if I'm not mistaken have never seen) Magneto play with gamma rays, or battling the Hulk. IMO

Yeah, it was weird for him to go the bloodstream route, but he must've "sensed" he could and perhaps it was the easier of his two options at that moment. Maybe...?

Fabian Cortez= Yeah, that was brutal. Seriously, I said to myself when I saw how he died "Dude, WTF?!? That's some cold-blooded s**t right there!" That said, Cortez was lacking any sizeable superhuman durability. Unlike Kalibak who is at least as durable as the Thing with a healing factor that's on par with the Creeper (or perhaps Sabretooth to use a Marvel example). And since BFR is off the table, Magneto has a lot of work to do to prevent himself from becoming a mid-afternoon snack, IMO...

I just brought him up to show that there was a lot of punishment in the same time, he doesn't have superhuman durability, but the feat against him was in showing that Magnus had surgical and wide ranged control.

Damn right! No argument from me on that one. He is precise to be sure. But his stamina is laughable when compared to Kalibak's so I wonder if he could withstand the next 6 months of Kalibak wailing away at his shields at supersonic speeds with each one of those Hulk-level blows. Perhaps he can, and he would need to since BFR is off the table. Too bad that OP condition wasn't active for Fabian Cortez. Poor bastard...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet:

Yeah, it was weird for him to go the bloodstream route, but he must've "sensed" he could and perhaps it was the easier of his two options at that moment. Maybe...?

Just more classic I think ;)

Damn right! No argument from me on that one. He is precise to be sure. But his stamina is laughable when compared to Kalibak's so I wonder if he could withstand the next 6 months of Kalibak wailing away at his shields at supersonic speeds with each one of those Hulk-level blows. Perhaps he can, and he would need to since BFR is off the table. Too bad that OP condition wasn't active for Fabian Cortez. Poor bastard...

That's why he has Captain America here :) For moral support and Vibda-adamantium shield, with that thing, anything could happen.

Bastard had it coming for whole 90s.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

@heraldofganthet:

Just more classic I think ;) (1)

That's why he has Captain America here :) For moral support and Vibda-adamantium shield, with that thing, anything could happen.

Bastard had it coming for whole 90s. (2)

(1) I can dig that. Classic means go for what you know best, I guess...

(2) Sad but true, mon ami. Sad but true!:D

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SinnTek1

Under these stips Magneto should stomp on his own. Kalibak is jobber garbage.

Kalibak wins.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

team. Cap probably dies or gets incapacitated , Magneto solos.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon:

But can Mags withstand a blast from the Beta Club? It causes maxium pain. Every single nerve is overloaded beyond comprehension.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: probably not without his forcefield, which he constantly has up and is pretty formidable.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: Was it ever stated how much punishment the shields can take? Because Kalibak is nigh-Darkseid level strength. That, plus the Beta Club makes him a terror to fight against. Based on that, unless Magneto can make his shields as resiliant as adamantium, seems like Kalibak would bust through in no time at all.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: Kalibak is only as strong as Orion. Magneto's shields have an unknown limit. Thor almost breached them back in the sixties.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart:

Kalibak is only as strong as Orion. Magneto's shields have an unknown limit. Thor almost breached them back in the sixties.

Hell, I wish I was "only" as strong as Orion (lol)!!;P That said, I've always seen Orion as an easy peer to the Odinson on the bench press. Kalibak isn't that far behind his half-brother's base stats, it's just that Orion has the ability to boost his physicals and energy projections via manipulation of the Astro-Force (which really ticks Kalibak off by the way, because he can't do the same)!

So, if he wails away long enough, he could very well end up eating the magnetic Holocaust survivor considering he can't BFR the Apokoliptian due to the OP Conditions...

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Simon_the_digger

I've seem Kalibak stomp Orion twice, nearly killing him the first time, though he was amped since he was siphoning power from Darkseid.The second occasion Darksied gave him a upgrade,I don't know if it was permanent, if so he should stomp.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America can't do much other than bark orders here. I guess Magneto can use his shield as a shield by flinging it around the place to block his strikes. whether Magneto can take Kalibak out is up for debate. I think he can after a while...if he can survive that long.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom:

I wonder if Magneto is able to control the Beta Club? Imagine if he pulls it out of Kalibak's hands and gives it to Cap. Cap with the BEta-Club would be pretty badass.

But then again, what if Kalibak just wanted to hold onto it? Perhaps he could.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: I actually never thought of that. He could most likely do that.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking:

I wonder if Magneto is able to control the Beta Club?

Perhaps. But there's no guarantee that the Beta-Club is made of magnetic materials. So.....50/50 on this one?

Imagine if he pulls it out of Kalibak's hands and gives it to Cap. Cap with the BEta-Club would be pretty badass.

An interesting visual, but we have to remember that Kalibak is nearly 8 ft tall. That would make the Beta-Club nearly 4 feet long and it would have to weigh several hundreds of pounds. Cap would damn near kill himself trying to swing something like that around, IMO...

But then again, what if Kalibak just wanted to hold onto it? Perhaps he could.

He just might. He certainly doesn't lack grip strength!;P