kent

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Kal Kent wins in a close fight... I dont give a damn if Kal Kent is Superman in the 853 century... Pre Crisis Darkseid is Pre Crisis Darkseid  !  And he wont go down easy to Kal even though his powers maybe more advanced that any other Kryptonian... PC Darkseid will make him Hurt with the Omega Beams...
The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Rookie

thats if they hit.

Mind_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Mind_Games

Ya.

lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lionheart

KAL KENT

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
The Rookie said:
"thats if they hit."
They didnt miss back in the day...

lol
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By termiteone4ever

YEs Kal ket got this for sure .. Too Power

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By monarch2016

pc darkseid

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Kent, no doubt. I believe that no writer can give a good reason for the opposite result, despite the fact his pc version was powerful enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

PC Darkseid all the way!

Avatar image for jedisupermaster
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jedisupermaster

PC Darkseid wins.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Killemall

Kal Kent is still vulnerable to red solar radiation and PC Darkseid can teleport him there.

Its not going to be an easy fight but i think Pc Darkseid can take Kal Kent. Its pretty much like SA Superman vs PC Darkseid is it not?

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eatmore_payless

@Killemall said:

Kal Kent is still vulnerable to red solar radiation and PC Darkseid can teleport him there.

Its not going to be an easy fight but i think Pc Darkseid can take Kal Kent. Its pretty much like SA Superman vs PC Darkseid is it not?

yeah pretty much like it, but SA Supes gonna whoop PC Darkseids butt for sure,

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Killemall

@eatmore_payless said:

@Killemall said:

Dont really think so (unless its SA Superman with PIS on, then he would just come up with anti-omega beam) considering the fact that PC Darkseid did handle PC Superboy and PC Supergirl together with ease, none of them are as powerful as SA Superman but they are still very strong. Also Sa Superman had problem with SA Mongul, its his speed that worried me to be honest but DArksied has enough power. He resurrected himself from just stones around him, he turned someone to stone (was a pretty powerful character cant remember the name, didnt read the comics but the scans were shown to be in comicvine).

I think PC Darkseid has a lot of powers at his disposal, its going to be a hard match either way. Physically KAl Kent is stronger but pre-crisis OB is uber powerful.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By eatmore_payless

@Killemall said:

@eatmore_payless said:

@Killemall said:

Dont really think so (unless its SA Superman with PIS on, then he would just come up with anti-omega beam) considering the fact that PC Darkseid did handle PC Superboy and PC Supergirl together with ease, none of them are as powerful as SA Superman but they are still very strong. Also Sa Superman had problem with SA Mongul, its his speed that worried me to be honest but DArksied has enough power. He resurrected himself from just stones around him, he turned someone to stone (was a pretty powerful character cant remember the name, didnt read the comics but the scans were shown to be in comicvine).

I think PC Darkseid has a lot of powers at his disposal, its going to be a hard match either way. Physically KAl Kent is stronger but pre-crisis OB is uber powerful.

yeah it's like PC Darkseid can do anything with his OB, I agree that Kal Kent is above Darkseid in terms of Physical strength. So yeah the only problem here is his uccursed OB

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Freefa11

@Killemall: I think Kal Kent actually has more powers than SA Superman did. He's the one with 5-D magic, right?

Pre-Crisis Darkseid gets overrated. So does PC Supes, in a way. Part of the problem with Superman is assuming he was a consistent character. With Darkseid, it's assuming Great Darkness Saga was normal for him. Prior to GDS, Darkseid was defeated by Orion, despite having the Anti-Life Equation, and later he has his Omega Force turned back on him by Firestorm.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jeanroygrant

Kal Kent

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

PC Darkseid with "real" Omega Beams, mega WIS, PIS WW blocking with her bracelets Omega Beams beats Kal Kent.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Killemall

@Freefa11 said:

@Killemall: I think Kal Kent actually has more powers than SA Superman did. He's the one with 5-D magic, right?

Pre-Crisis Darkseid gets overrated. So does PC Supes, in a way. Part of the problem with Superman is assuming he was a consistent character. With Darkseid, it's assuming Great Darkness Saga was normal for him. Prior to GDS, Darkseid was defeated by Orion, despite having the Anti-Life Equation, and later he has his Omega Force turned back on him by Firestorm.

I did not know Kal Kent actually had 5D magic.

Well and about Great Darkness Saga, despite it be being many years in the future it is cannon and has been referred more than 4 times in the comic book continuity post crisis.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By MrDirector786

@Freefa11 said:

Orion beat him when he was weakened. Prior to that, he was piercing other barriers to the Source Wall and then fought Highfather. When Orion found Highfather, he was told that Darkseid was weakened from using so much of his power. Here's the scan if you want to see it.

No Caption Provided

And, for the most part, Orion just distracted Darkseid when he was trying to pierce the final barrier to the Source Wall. He did overpower Darkseid's own blast and shot him into the barrier (which was already explained as Darkseid was weakened) but that's all he did. The barrier then rejects Darkseid and turns him into a promethean giant that gets sent flying towards Apokolips and Desaad thinks it's an attack by New Genesis and so he fires a uni-cannon to destroy him. Even a later issue of JLA which referenced this isntance would say that Orion just distracted him. And again, here's the scan if you want to see it.

No Caption Provided

As for the Firestorm incident, well, I don't really know how powerful Firestorm was in the Pre-Crisis days so it's possible that he was really powerful in those days in which case it wouldn't really be a low showing for Darkseid or if he wasn't all that powerful it could have just been PIS. And in that same story where Firestorm did that, Darkseid, while dead, was able to reach in the the universe of Earth-2 and create a living statue of himself which he used to force the Injustice Society to do his bidding. Granted, the villains weren't that powerful but the fact Darkseid could do something like that while dead is pretty impressive. And this was not from GDS either.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Freefa11

@Killemall: I believe he does, though I have no idea how it compares to a full-blooded Imp like Mxy.

GDS being canon (which isn't even really a question if we're talking PC) doesn't mean that any feats a future DS performs retroactively apply to his past self. I believe Superman Prime One-Million is also canon, but that doesn't mean modern day Superman can do what he did. Likewise, I do not believe modern Sodam Yat should necessarily get his feats from his future self in Legion of Three Worlds, even though I'm pretty sure that is canon as well.

The other issue with GDS is just whether or not it is really representative of PC Darkseid. If it were only a "normal" showing for him, then you'd think people would bring up other feats of his from elsewhere, but this happens pretty rarely, and they never seem to be of the same scale as teleporting planets and mentally enslaving whole worlds while battling an entire team of super heroes plus a couple of kryptonians and a knock-off of Orion.

From what I can tell, PC DS only actually has something in the area of 50 appearances, and a lot of them don't even involve direct fighting.

@MrDirector786: Fair point on DS having weakened himself. I should have been more thorough. The only thing I will argue is against Mr. Miracle's recap; in the actual issue Orion seemed to be a pretty significant factor and was directly opposed by Darkseid. I am inclined to take the event as printed over Scott's recollection of what happened (especially as he wasn't there). I'm also not sure how powerful PC Highfather was supposed to be. I actually got the impression from Kirby's work that Orion was supposed to actually be the most powerful god of New Genesis (from a purely combat perspective), but that issue seems to contradict the idea.

Regarding the second part, it was more to just show that the Omega Effect, even Pre-Crisis, was not infallible. And since it didn't destroy Darkseid himself, there have to be limits on its power as well. I doubt Firestorm was meant to actually outmuscle Darkseid, since he accomplished the feat by redirecting the beams rather than winning some sort of beam-struggle like Orion. Kal Kent is smart, fast, and has a lot of powers, so I wouldn't be surprised if he could pull something off.

I'll also point out that saying someone is "overrated" is not the same as saying they are "weak." PC Darkseid is far from being weak, but he's also far from unbeatable.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By terry2012

Kal Kent wins this because of his force field with his eyes. Darkseid omega beams wont even touch him.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By termiteone4ever

@Killemall said:

You are looking for way to Defeat this freak but thats not the way this man is faster than teleport moving at regular speeds. Him been powered up Red Sun radiation isnt going to do anything . He has way too much powers and for sure unbeatable . Even when he is away from his super sun he still strong as hell. I recall him to weakest cant even fly still leap from the earth to the moon in seconds and hit to moon at 3 or 4 something on the richter scale. If you think KAL Kent Is like SA Supes you are wrong this man Can take Silver Age Supes Any day of the week lol. This man have Various powers and plenty of other foolishness even turn into an energy being / force vision plus his other visions and countless other weird Mxy like powers since he Mix with a little them . He is not an easy character to beat. If at Full power no much character can beat him unless you a well Fed Galactus .

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By MrDirector786

@Freefa11 said:

@MrDirector786: Fair point on DS having weakened himself. I should have been more thorough. The only thing I will argue is against Mr. Miracle's recap; in the actual issue Orion seemed to be a pretty significant factor and was directly opposed by Darkseid. I am inclined to take the event as printed over Scott's recollection of what happened (especially as he wasn't there). I'm also not sure how powerful PC Highfather was supposed to be. I actually got the impression from Kirby's work that Orion was supposed to actually be the most powerful god of New Genesis (from a purely combat perspective), but that issue seems to contradict the idea.

Regarding the second part, it was more to just show that the Omega Effect, even Pre-Crisis, was not infallible. And since it didn't destroy Darkseid himself, there have to be limits on its power as well. I doubt Firestorm was meant to actually outmuscle Darkseid, since he accomplished the feat by redirecting the beams rather than winning some sort of beam-struggle like Orion. Kal Kent is smart, fast, and has a lot of powers, so I wouldn't be surprised if he could pull something off.

I'll also point out that saying someone is "overrated" is not the same as saying they are "weak." PC Darkseid is far from being weak, but he's also far from unbeatable.

I can agree with taking the actual event over Scott's recollection because looking at them, they don't seem to match entirely. In the recap, it sounds as though Darkseid was trying to breach it and then Orion just shoots him, distracting him and he gets repelled. In the actually issue, Orion and him did actually briefly fight.

Okay. That makes sense that his beams weren't infallible and I can agree with that. It just seemed like it was trying to downplay Darkseid.