No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Wyldsong

@strider92: Wow...that one is tough. Kiani is no joke, and pairing her with Kaine makes for a deadly team. The location definitely doesn't favor her abilities though, but she can still pull moisture from the air and so on. I need to think on this one.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

KOTD or Pre Doom War BP?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

KOTD or Pre Doom War BP?

Well it says KOD so....

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning towards team 2. Both are fast enough to keep up with team 1 and are much more skilled and have good damage output.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jashro44: Brain fail....

Eh, I'll take Team 1 then.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: I don't think it really matters to be honest. Both king of the dead and pre doom war have there own defences (cloaking and the vibranium suit). Pre doom war is just better against sensor type characters. Both versions have their own perks. At least in respects to kaine it doesn't make much of a difference, I don't know anything about Kiani.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jashro44: She's a fairly powerful hydrokinteic from the Fathom comics, she has psuedo intangibility in a water form, pretty skilled swordsman and has a very high level healing factor (near total body reformation).

@wyldsong said:

@strider92: Wow...that one is tough. Kiani is no joke, and pairing her with Kaine makes for a deadly team. The location definitely doesn't favor her abilities though, but she can still pull moisture from the air and so on. I need to think on this one.

I was thinking the same thing, the lack of water means she can't go nuts with water blasts I guess it depends if she decides to go straight to hydro form or not...she doen't use it as much as Aspen does though, so I'm a bit torn as well.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@laflux: I don't think it really matters to be honest. Both king of the dead and pre doom war have there own defences (cloaking and the vibranium suit). Pre doom war is just better against sensor type characters. Both versions have their own perks. At least in respects to kaine it doesn't make much of a difference, I don't know anything about Kiani.

Trained since birth in the arts of combat, she is an elite blue with water control, and can also turn into a water form. She can hang with bullet times, and has a special sword that has yet to meet anything it could not cut. She has ranged attacks with her water control, and can draw on the moisture in the air to do so, and these attacks can hit with the force of a high level tonner. She has not yet shown the ability to control the water inside of people like Aspen Matthews and other blues.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jashro44

@sovereign91001: I see. Could iron fist potentially hit her hard enough to disperse her body? And black panthers gauntlets were also shown to burn namors flesh, if it can burn namor, maybe it could turn water into steam? I'm mostly just speculating here though.

No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking the same thing, the lack of water means she can't go nuts with water blasts I guess it depends if she decides to go straight to hydro form or not...she doen't use it as much as Aspen does though, so I'm a bit torn as well.

She can still draw moisture from the air for some fairly potent attacks, but I don't think she will be downing jet fighters with it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44 said:

Trained since birth in the arts of combat, she is an elite blue with water control, and can also turn into a water form. She can hang with bullet times, and has a special sword that has yet to meet anything it could not cut. She has ranged attacks with her water control, and can draw on the moisture in the air to do so, and these attacks can hit with the force of a high level tonner. She has not yet shown the ability to control the water inside of people like Aspen Matthews and other blues.

I see. The water control sounds tricky....Do you think she can take Danny or T'challa?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wyldsong

@jashro44: Well, the issue is the location. If it were near a source of water, then most definitely. As is, she would have to draw off of the moisture in the air, which means less potent attacks. Her sword is still deadly, and her water form could make it difficult for them to take her down. I think she has the capacity to make this a difficult fight, but is just limited by the setting for her full array of abilities. I really need to think on it some more...but tentatively, based on environment, I would say that they have the edge against her. If there were intact water mains or something, I could make a better argument for her, but as is, she could probably keep up a prolonged fight in the hopes that Kaine finishes someone off to make it two on one. Again though, this just isn't the best environment for her.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sovereign91001

@jashro44: Fair question, she's been able to tank building busting attacks with no lasting injury, so she's pretty durable.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Nice thanks for the scans! She might be able to keep her self together from a punch from iron fist. Burning her might work though.

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44: Well, the issue is the location. If it were near a source of water, then most definitely. As is, she would have to draw off of the moisture in the air, which means less potent attacks. Her sword is still deadly, and her water form could make it difficult for them to take her down. I think she has the capacity to make this a difficult fight, but is just limited by the setting for her full array of abilities. I really need to think on it some more...but tentatively, based on environment, I would say that they have the edge against her. If there were intact water mains or something, I could make a better argument for her, but as is, she could probably keep up a prolonged fight in the hopes that Kaine finishes someone off to make it two on one. Again though, this just isn't the best environment for her.

I see.

On another note is anyone else having problems viewing images? I guess it could just be my internet connection....

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Naw, I'm having the same problem and it's been reported on the bug forum I believe.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jashro44

@wolverine08 said:

@jashro44: Naw, I'm having the same problem and it's been reported on the bug forum I believe.

Oh thank god.....I thought I was going to have this issue for a long time....

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wyldsong

@jashro44 said:

@sovereign91001: I see. Could iron fist potentially hit her hard enough to disperse her body? And black panthers gauntlets were also shown to burn namors flesh, if it can burn namor, maybe it could turn water into steam? I'm mostly just speculating here though.

Dispersal of the water form isn't really a good way to kill an elite blue. Aspen, Killian, and Kiani have all come back from disintegration of their flesh and blood bodies, and were able to reform new bodies. The consciousness seems to be able to endure. They can be killed in their flesh and blood forms, it is just tough to do (Kiani killed Hawke, another elite blue, with a strike through his heart for example). She could still be feasibly be knocked unconscious though, it just might be a little tough. The other thing to consider on her durability is the fact that she can survive the deepest ocean depths in her flesh and blood form.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jashro44

@wyldsong: I wasn't arguing killing them but incapacitating more so. If it takes her hours to reform than that should be a win for team blackfist. All though not sure if that would work.

So attacking her heart can take her down? I was more so going over counter to her water form.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Who the hell is Kiani? And why the hell can't I see pictures now? What fresh Heresy is this?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wyldsong

@jashro44: It is more of striking a vital spot for an instant kill while they are flesh and blood.

When they are in water form, really the only thing that should keep from reforming from dispersal would be lack of water. If the water is being turned into steam, it's still there, just scattered somewhat, plus with the moisture in the air and any possible remaining water from the mains in the destructed streets, I don't see that as being an issue. Now, disintegration of the flesh and blood form (unless you are Aspen), would take some time to reform from, or if maybe it happened in a more arid, desert like environment, maybe it could work.

But honestly, she doesn't like to stay in water form in combat, but can and will use it defensively. The water form would make the fight more difficult, but she isn't likely to stay in it for extended periods.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who the hell is Kiani? And why the hell can't I see pictures now? What fresh Heresy is this?

Kiani is from the Fathom comics series, put out by Aspen Comics (was originally part of Image). As for the pictures...welcome to the party=)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44: It is more of striking a vital spot for an instant kill while they are flesh and blood.

When they are in water form, really the only thing that should keep from reforming from dispersal would be lack of water. If the water is being turned into steam (plus there is still moisture in the air to draw from), it's still there (just scattered somewhat), so I don't see that as being an issue. Now, disintegration of the flesh and blood form (unless you are Aspen), would take some time to reform from, or if maybe it happened in a more arid, desert like environment, maybe it could work.

But if its scattered really far apart it would take longer for her to reform? Thats what I was trying to say. Like if hulk thunder clapped her in water form some of her body would end up in china, another part in Canada, and even though she'd reform eventually it would take a long time? Now obviously the people here don't have hulk damage output but the point is the same just to a lesser extent.

I'm guessing based on your comment she can reform from steam?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@laflux said:

KOTD or Pre Doom War BP?

Well it says KOD so....

Lol.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@wyldsong said:

@granitesoldier said:

Kiani is from the Fathom comics series, put out by Aspen Comics (was originally part of Image). As for the pictures...welcome to the party=)

No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wyldsong

@jashro44: Look at it this way, their ability to reform is based on their control of water. When they lost their flesh and blood bodies, and had to rebuild them, the bodies were rebuilt with water. They didn't gather and reform their original atoms/cells/etc. When they turn into water, it really kind of stops being their body, and is just basically water being controlled by a consciousness that is freed from the constraint of a physical form. Unless the water is somehow being removed entirely, then there is still water there to control and manipulate. Regardless, the water form is not something Kiani uses all the time. She can use it, and has used it defensively, but I don't think based on her showings that it would be used to the point where someone would feel the need to try and evaporate her as it were. She is not likely to use it for extended periods of time.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talon_Deadeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers