Kai (Kung Fu Panda) vs. Kratos (God of War)

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By garrettmana
Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: He's the main villain from Kung Fu Panda 3

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What can Kai do?

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: He beat every master in the entire series and was even able to over power oogway in their rematch, plus he has all of the masters chi captured in jade statues which when released have all the skills and power of those said masters

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10 tparks  Online

Kai. Way more skill, and he has an army of masters also with more skill at his disposal.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: wouldn't that make this fight unfair then? If he has an army of masters with him this should be a spite thread because Kratos has no good weapons, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man I still have yet to see Kung Fu Panda 3.

dynamite75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karros kicks his ass

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 tparks  Online

@hypnos0929: Kratos has better physicals, and his weapons are pretty strong. Having an entire army at Kai's exposal does make this very difficult, if not nearly impossible. Maybe spite.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: he should have made it one on one, so it would be a little less spiteful

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know too much about Kratos, so I don't have an answer (going for Kai, 'cause I'm biased), but Kai can turn Kratos into a Jade amulet (which is how he made his Jombies) if they get close to each other. He does it by taking chi (basically life force/energy that all living and spirit beings possess IIRC), which is done pretty dang quickly and turns the victim into jade while doing it. Just letting that out there.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj: Kratos doesn't have chi. He's not gonna abide by the same laws the Pandaverse animals go by. Kratos wins because he's more durable, faster, and an EXCEDINGLY better fighter when enraged.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Correct me of I'm wrong, but wouldn't energy equalization be in effect? Isn't that a rule so that powers in different verses would work as they normally would, unless specified otherwise by the OP? And is Kratos not alive or dead (both have chi in KFP)?

Avatar image for unusual_suspect
Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj: A quick glance at the Battle Forum rules doesn't seem to suggest a default rule of energy equalization. I might have missed something, though.

I guess the question is whether Chi is considered a force somewhat unique to Kung Fu Panda and its universe (like Chakra in Naruto, The Force in Star Wars, The Warp in WH40k, etc.), or is merely another descriptor for a force that's present in both universes (soul-stealing powers would presumably work against anyone from a universe where souls exist, perhaps even if a soul is called a spirit/animus/ego/whatever, so long as the mechanics are effectively the same).

If dead things can have Chi (and apparently Kai fought turtle-dude and stole his Chi, so yes), it can't merely be life force. It would be silly and self-contradicting if things that aren't alive had life force. If it was another word for "Soul", i.e. the concept of soul wrapped up in asian clothing, it might well have an equivalent in the God of War universe - not only do souls exist, but soul-draining weapons do as well.

Note that I'm not suggesting Chi as it is understood in the real world would be the equivalent of the concept of souls in the real world - we're dealing with the KFP Universe's version of Chi, not any particular real world version of it (of which there are no doubt many different versions, some or all of which contradict each other).

In this case and based on the description of Chi's more prominent role in KFP3, I'd say it's reasonable to suggest that attacks that affect Chi might well work against someone from another universe that has a Soul. Both are animating forces, and to my knowledge there's no explanation of the underlying mechanics that would suggest either KFP's Chi or Kratos' soul are actually unique or rely on only-in-this-universe qualities that the other can't be presumed to posses.

Alas, I'm not familiar enough with either character to suggest who would win here. Has Kratos demonstrated resistance to soul-stealing attacks? How close does Kai need to be? Is there something about how Chi is portrayed in KFP3 that suggests it is, in fact, a unique force that wouldn't have a sufficiently close parallel in Kratos' universe?

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tsoj
@unusual_suspect said:

A quick glance at the Battle Forum rules doesn't seem to suggest a default rule of energy equalization. I might have missed something, though

Really? I could've sworn that was a rule. I thought it was mentioned a few times before, or maybe I'm thinking of another site or something.

I guess the question is whether Chi is considered a force somewhat unique to Kung Fu Panda and its universe (like Chakra in Naruto, The Force in Star Wars, The Warp in WH40k, etc.), or is merely another descriptor for a force that's present in both universes (soul-stealing powers would presumably work against anyone from a universe where souls exist, perhaps even if a soul is called a spirit/animus/ego/whatever, so long as the mechanics are effectively the same).

If dead things can have Chi (and apparently Kai fought turtle-dude and stole his Chi, so yes), it can't merely be life force. It would be silly and self-contradicting if things that aren't alive had life force. If it was another word for "Soul", i.e. the concept of soul wrapped up in asian clothing, it might well have an equivalent in the God of War universe - not only do souls exist, but soul-draining weapons do as well.

Note that I'm not suggesting Chi as it is understood in the real world would be the equivalent of the concept of souls in the real world - we're dealing with the KFP Universe's version of Chi, not any particular real world version of it (of which there are no doubt many different versions, some or all of which contradict each other).

In this case and based on the description of Chi's more prominent role in KFP3, I'd say it's reasonable to suggest that attacks that affect Chi might well work against someone from another universe that has a Soul. Both are animating forces, and to my knowledge there's no explanation of the underlying mechanics that would suggest either KFP's Chi or Kratos' soul are actually unique or rely on only-in-this-universe qualities that the other can't be presumed to posses.

Interesting. I'll admit, I merely thought of chi as the life force thing, because I've mostly just seen it giving things life (like making a wilting flower healthy again, healing Oogway when he was dying, or Oogway and Po being able to leave the spirit realm as they had mastered the use of chi [whereas Kai could only escape after stealing Oogway's chi]). But since spirits have chi, I suppose it wouldn't make sense for them to have a life force (unless afterlife counts as a type of life, meaning afterlife force :P). However, given the nature of chi and what one must do to use it, perhaps it is not just the soul, but the energy of one's entire being. POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD (mostly about chi; it shouldn't be too bad, just being careful).

See, when Kai takes someone's chi (whether alive or dead), their entire being is taken (rather than just an energy or their soul, as is typical for absorption abilities). To use chi, one must know exactly who they are without question and accept who they are, IIRC. In this sense, perhaps chi is everything that is the person's being, not just their life force, their body, or their soul, but all that is that person. In other words, chi is your entire person; it's who you are, body and soul. That's what I think anyway. Kai stole chi by stealing them.

If this is true, then I think that Kai's chi-stealing power will work on Kratos, seeing he is a being and all.

Alas, I'm not familiar enough with either character to suggest who would win here. Has Kratos demonstrated resistance to soul-stealing attacks? How close does Kai need to be? Is there something about how Chi is portrayed in KFP3 that suggests it is, in fact, a unique force that wouldn't have a sufficiently close parallel in Kratos' universe?

I don't know much about Kratos, but Kai's ability works mostly in close combat and maybe a couple meters away as well IIRC. As I explained, chi seems to just be what a person is; not just the soul, but everything about the person as well, as in their whole being. So, seeing as everyone is a being of some sort, and that Kratos is a being, I think it'll work on Kratos.

The_Valeyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Valeyard

Gotta say Kai since the only way Po beat him was to take him to the Spirit World and then get massive chi power up from the whole panda village, althou I might be wrong considering I dont know much about Kratos

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

It's funny, I actually conceived of this battle myself. Between his lack of clothing, musculature, swords-attached-to-chains, and being consumed by a desire for revenge and systematic taking down of every member of the group he's seeking vengeance against, Kai did sort of remind me of Kratos. I actually wondered if it maybe wasn't an intentional reference.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kai is a master of combat. and he should know about the pressure point move that oogway used

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

Kratos killed everyone

dynamite75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a curbstomp in kratos favour

markXT9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

99% of every people here doesn't know kratos

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

99% of every people here doesn't know kratos

More likely its the other way around. God of War is hardly obscure.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos is really overrated by the fanboys, but there is no way he loses this fight.

markXT9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By markXT9000

Kratos' Abilities

Because he is the son of Zeus, he has inherited super strength and durability making him at the level of Hercules. He regularly tears his foes with his bare hands and even overpowered monsters much larger than him. He is also quite agile and has super human reflexes and he's able to avoid enemy strikes or repel them. His former status as general and his accomplishments in his quests prove that he is the best warrior in Greece and a natural in leadership and war tactics. He is has mastered various melee weapons (especially his Blades of Chaos/Athena) and is an expert archer.

During his mission to kill Ares, he had several magics granted by the gods which made him even more dangerous especially when combined with Rage of the Gods - a state where he gains invincibility and unlimited magic for a brief period of time. As the god of war, he gained godly power and even immortality. It is possible that he gained the power of Ares (i.e. psychokinetic and pyrokinetic powers) but that has never been shown. But his godly powers and magics would be lost after he defied the gods and when he grasped the Blade of Olympus.

During the time he went to the Sisters of Fate to get his revenge on Zeus, he had Titan magic and the Rage of the Titans, which increases his strength and durability and adds fire and speed to his attacks. If Kratos delivers enough strikes during Rage of the Titans, he can unleash Prometheus Inferno - a whirlwind of flames which does massive damage (powerful enough to instantly kill Cerberus breeders and Cyclops). He can also create explosions. These powers seemed to have been lost when he fell into the River Styx when he was betrayed by Gaia although, none of that was used when the Titans were storming Mt. Olympus.

In the final chapter of Kratos' story, he seems to be more powerful as he can defeat tougher foes much quicker than before and easily overpower a group of enemies. He was also able to kill gods without the aid of Pandora's Box or the Blade of Olympus.

MrViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kai takes this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8c2337e0697
deactivated-5d8c2337e0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kai. He has got an entire army of warriors with him.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b439b18ae84
deactivated-64b439b18ae84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lock

advent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh how the tables have turned.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shouldn't have been bumped at the first place.

@mr-yes said:

Lock

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartan rage

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The God of War downplay was out of control some years ago it seems.