k4tz's unknowns vs A-List

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Welcome to the thread that will collect a record amount of dust.  I hope you enjoy looking at the OP, then leaving.

Deadzone
Splice 
Slayback 
Sinsear  

VS

Nightwing
Daredevil
Spider-Man 
Batman (Wayne)

An old fashioned Times Square showdown.  Begin at opposite primary billboards.  Unpopulated.  Midday.

Rules:

-Random encounter.
-Standard gear.
-Morals apply.
-Standard elimination rules apply.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

That villain team is beastly.  
Does Nightwing have his taser/electro-shock thingy? That thing can probably do some serious damage to Slayback & Sinsear's cybernetics.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Yes, I consider the taser defensive measure on his costume to be standard gear.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By whacknasty
@k4tzm4n said:

Welcome to the thread that will collect a record amount of dust.  I hope you enjoy looking at the OP, then leaving.

Deadzone
Splice  
Slayback 
Sinsear  

VS 

Nightwing
Daredevil
Captain America
Batman (Wayne)

An old fashioned Times Square showdown.  Begin at opposite primary billboards.  Unpopulated.  Midday.

Rules:
-Random encounter.
-Standard gear.
-Morals apply.
-Standard elimination rules apply.

LOL. 

If you all will excuse me, I have some character bios to read...lol. But I shall return!
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I look forward to it.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By difficlus

I have no idea...  
Wow the villain team is pretty awesome. 

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@difficlus
Thanks.  My objective here is just to expand knowledge on these lesser known characters...And I figured the best way was by placing them against characters virtually everyone knows.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Better question: WHERE IS DEADZONE???
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Limbo. 

But really, every villain and their mother can escape custody, yet Deadzone remains locked away.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By whacknasty
@k4tzm4n:  
Well…a few thoughts/questions...

1 - When Deadzone fought Moon Knight, MK insulated his suit in a way that offered him at least some protection from Deadzone's powers, which seem to stem from electricity. Bruce's standard bat suit has some sort of insulation against electrical attacks right?

I'm not sure about Nightwing's normal suits, but that would allow Bruce to beat Deadzone in h2h. Without the insulation though, and with Deadzone splitting a couple wins against MK (if I counted right), I could see him actually beating/stalemating any the other three... *gasp*. Lol.

Question though… Does Deadzone have to connect with the truncheon for his powers to work? Or is it like a field that can extend or be used outside of them? That may change my thoughts above...

2 -  Splice seems like he would be a problem for Nightwing…and maybe DD as well. I don’t know what his normal pellet assortment is, but if their potency isn't diminished by the fact that he couldn't produce one specifically for these opponents, then they can throw the balance of things off quite a bit. Also, where would you rank his accuracy with projectiles and his h2h? His durability seems ridiculously high for a street leveler though…lol. That could be a problem…

3 -  Wow…Slayback seems like he would need to be taken on by 2-3 of the opposing team… His stats/abilities make him seem pretty formidable, but I haven't read anything with him in it. How does he usually perform?

4 - Geeze…same as above with Sinsear…lol
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chaos Prime

at the moment im tending to favour team Bad Boys due to Sinsear being a total Bad Ass with the Tech to match.. 
Just seen this post so will add further comments later :-)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@whacknasty

1 - Yes, the cowl would help protect him, but not for too long  It's been some time since I read the Deadzone material, but I only remember him using his power through the truncheons.

2 -  Splice is definitely a tough one.  The armor lets him take some hits from Wonderman, and his variety of pellets means he can adapt to take on anyone.  Not to mention he's skilled and agile.  To be honest, he's above street level, but I think combatants like Captain America and Batman (thanks to variety of weapons) can keep him occupied, and Wayne likely has the tech to harm him (Splice fell to an electric based attack in their first fight)

3 - Slayback is the other high end combatant here.  I won't provide a link (since it's plugging), but I provided scans of Slayback in this thread at the Ledger.

4 - Sinsear has awesome tech and rules against fodder, but in 1v1s he doesn't perform too well.  He can keep people distracted, but in close combat Cable and Bishop didn't have too much trouble.  Despite having awesome tech and weapons, he's likely a weak link.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By whacknasty
@k4tzm4n: Cool... Geeze, this is a great team battle... I'm starting to lean towards the Villains a bit though, mostly because of Slayback and Splice. They seem just a bit too durable and versatile to me. 

I think Nightwing or DD could take Deadzone though, if he has to actually connect with the truncheon. Seems like the sticks/clubs would be the perfect counter weapon.  

Sinsear being beaten by Bishop seems like it could be a concern... Is Bishop generally considered a pretty weak h2h guy?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Bishop is considered pretty average when it comes to h2h.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Final Arrow

@k4tzm4n: Hey man can you fix your links please, one links to marvel, one links to the comicledger login page and another links to another battle you made sometime ago,

Splice

Slayback

Sinsear

Thanks

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Final Arrow
I picked those on purpose because they hold more information than the CV bio page, therefore I believe those would be more useful in research.  The Splice thread shows all of his combat displays, Slayback gives details on stats, and the Sinsear link has all of his combat displays.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Final Arrow

@k4tzm4n: I asked you to change them as they break the site rules, we do not allow links that take away from comicvine when we have are own Wiki as such one of the links can be classed as spam as it takes you to a login / sign up page, the other does supply scans but as this was your battle please feel free to update the wiki here! I gotta play by the rules for everyone!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Final Arrow
I'll remove the links, but I totally don't have the energy to re-upload all of my scans to this site and organize them, lol. 

Hopefully enough people checked them out to obtain knowledge on the characters.  It's cool if the Sinsear one stays, right? (since that's a CV thread where I posted scans of him)
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Final Arrow

@k4tzm4n: Yeah thats one's cool, sorry man just got to do my job. (unpaid...why do I do this agian)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Final Arrow
LOL it's no problem.  If you spot anymore just lemme know and I'll change them. 
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By ReVamp

I saw this about 5 hours ago and I have to say its an awesome thread.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Thanks, ReVamp!
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cattlebattle

I think the reason threads like these gather dust isn't because the characters are unknown (could be in some cases) the reason A-List characters have more popular battles is due to the amount of feats and information one could go on

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@cattlebattle
Actually, all you did was elaborate on the issues.  Unknown characters tend to have less showings, therefore there's not a lot of evidence to help use in debates.  But, there's enough to speculate.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By whacknasty
@k4tzm4n: So how has Slayback done against Deadpool? Or have they had any decisive battles? 

I consider Deadpool pretty high up on the h2h, semi-super street level totem (I try not to think too much about his comical low showings that I think are purely for comedy's sake..lol. I mean, his stats combined with his Weapon X/merc training should be substantial enough to get him higher marks in these battle forums...), so if Slayback can manhandle DP, then I think the same could happen to Nightwing and DD more than likely...
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@whacknasty

Slayback has encounterd Wade twice on panel, and both times he's had the clear advantage. However, they've discussed off panel how Wade has previously blown him up with an explosive (I believe a grenade). 

Regardless, handbook entries and cards list Slayback as a 5 in fighting skill, but he's never displayed any style since he holds a large physical advantage.  That said, he was temproarily defeated during his second encounter when Maverick shot him in the back with what appeared to be a pretty advanced firearm.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daak1212

Team 1, Jesus those guys are beast.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Indeed they are, but it's also worth noting they'll have 0 teamwork, where-as the opposite holds true for the A-list team.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Just to give this some new life and balance, I'm replacing Captain America with Spider-Man.