justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By justleader

@ckal said:

justleader- What point were you trying to make about the word skyfather?

I was trying to prove that Zeus is on Odin's level, they're both skyfathers, and as Galactus said no mere skyfather...........this proves that Zeus and Odin are on the same level despite Odin having superior feats. So the point of all this is that we can powerscale Zeus to Odin's level

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Jayfournines

@justleader said:

@greenteaforme: I know, that skyfather is a fanmade word, but is symbolizes the power level, meaning herald level have planet level showings perhaps more, abstracts have universal+ showings, skyfather have galax level showings, but like i said Zeus' feats aren't enough to win this battle since he doesn't even have a planatery level feat, but by powerscaling he should.

Look at this scan:

Here Galactus says no mere skyfather could resist, meaning skyfathers (like Zeus and Odin) cant resist....., this proves that Zeus is though not as powerful as Odin but is on his level.

actually, that scan is out of context. The reason that Galactus says "no mere Skyfather could resist..." is not because Zeus is uber powerful, it's because he's NOT. Zeus does not have the power to harm Galactus or resists his attacks, and the G man knows this; the reason why he's perplexed? It's because THAT is NOT ZEUS. It's actually Mikaboshi, who IS more powerful than Zeus and Odin and who, to my knowledge, could beat the sh*t out of Galactus.

Again, not Zeus, but Mikaboshi.

ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By ckal

justleader- Sure, Zeus and Odin are probably on a similar level, but they are two separate characters. Feats are not interchangable between characters. You can assume one two characters are capabale of the same feats, and that's not necessarily wrong, but it's also not necessarily right. Also, Galactus was stating that a particular general power level such as 'skyfather' is beneath him, like he loves to do so often, and was surprised when 'Zeus' was able to resist his energy blast.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By justleader

@Jayfournines:

Well reread my posts, i never said anything about Zeus being uberpowerful or being able to harm galactus, i know that this is mikaboshi and that's why galactus said no mere skyfather could resist since he knows that this isn't a skyfather that's something much more powerful (Mikaboshi).

ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By ckal

Although what Galactus states here during Chaos War is sort of contradicted by Fraction in the Thor 'Galactus Seed' arc. Odin telepathically goes toe to toe with Galactus, and Thor busts him up a bit physically. It should be said as well that writers like to disrepect the Big G and downplay his power and abilities, though.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By WarBlade539

@jeanroygrant: How can Diana be a herald level being? She can take on Firelord or Nova or Terrax but I doubt she can go against Surfer. Anyway most of the League here dies but I don't know about The Phantom Stranger. He can give Zeus trouble.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By IZZR
@darkazrael999 said:

@jeanroygrant: How can Diana be a herald level being? She can take on Firelord or Nova or Terrax but I doubt she can go against Surfer. Anyway most of the League here dies but I don't know about The Phantom Stranger. He can give Zeus trouble.

Diana is below SS but not by too much, and thats not phantom stranger thats Question. Phantom Stranger would annihilate Zeus.
WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By WarBlade539

@IZZR: Okay. Zeus wins here then.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By IZZR
@darkazrael999 said:

@IZZR: Okay. Zeus wins here then.

No Captain Atom solos or Kyle hurdles the Moon at Zeus.
WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By WarBlade539

@IZZR: Kyle hurdles the moon at Zeus? Even if that's how he usually fights, it's not gonna work. He tanked a powerful blast from Galactus, that speaks volumes for his durability. And in that same issue, he managed to put a hurt on Galactus using a powerful divine lightning blast, that proves his power. He doesn't have much feats but he is as powerful as Odin. Maybe a bit less but close enough to annihilate the League here.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By IZZR
@darkazrael999 said:

@IZZR: Kyle hurdles the moon at Zeus? Even if that's how he usually fights, it's not gonna work. He tanked a powerful blast from Galactus, that speaks volumes for his durability. And in that same issue, he managed to put a hurt on Galactus using a powerful divine lightning blast, that proves his power. He doesn't have much feats but he is as powerful as Odin. Maybe a bit less but close enough to annihilate the League here.

My boy i beg you go read the issue again, HE WAS HEAVILY AMPED BY MIKABOSHI who is >> Galactus
Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is close to SS? Please she would be vaporized by SS. Captain Atom or Kyle are not soloing either. Zeus wins this unless proved otherwise.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By IZZR
@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:
Wonder Woman is close to SS? Please she would be vaporized by SS. Captain Atom or Kyle are not soloing either. Zeus wins this unless proved otherwise.
Dude most people agree that he gets beat and you think your one opinion with absolutely no proof will change that???
Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Jayfournines

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

it was proved otherwise by a lot of people. You're more than welcome to make a case for Zeus though, no one's really done it.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By IZZR
@Jayfournines said:

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

it was proved otherwise by a lot of people. You're more than welcome to make a case for Zeus though, no one's really done it.

Careful Jay he might post scans of Zeus bullying Hulk and then were all doomed.
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IZZR Last I checked this was based on opinions. I didn't realize you were the official expert on battles threads. From what I know about the characters in this here battle I'll side with Zeus because it is understood for the most part that he is equal to Odin. We all know if this was Odin he would beat this team, from what I've read about Zeus he's at a very similar power set as Odin therefore I choose him. I don't have access to scans nor do I have time to write a thesis on why I believe Zeus would win nor do I need to. I never once brought up Zeus beating Hulk so try again. You haven't proven anything just that you have a different opinion than mine. The fact that you even think Wonder Woman is remotely close to SS makes me question your knowledge of these characters.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Jayfournines

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@IZZR Last I checked this was based on opinions. I didn't realize you were the official expert on battles threads. From what I know about the characters in this here battle I'll side with Zeus because it is understood for the most part that he is equal to Odin. We all know if this was Odin he would beat this team, from what I've read about Zeus he's at a very similar power set as Odin therefore I choose him. I don't have access to scans nor do I have time to write a thesis on why I believe Zeus would win nor do I need to. I never once brought up Zeus beating Hulk so try again. You haven't proven anything just that you have a different opinion than mine. The fact that you even think Wonder Woman is remotely close to SS makes me question your knowledge of these characters.

true, you are indeed entitled to your opinion, you are correct about that. Zeus and Odin are not equals; Odin has the power of three different gods inside him, whereas Zeus is just...Zeus. The only thing they have in common is the title 'skyfather' which only means that they are the leaders of their respective pantheons. None of Zeus' appearances actually put him in the level of Odin simply because he hasn't actually done anything impressive (within comics, of course, not talking about mythology) that could not be replicated by several of the members of the Justice League....especially powerhouses such as Captain Atom (who's got insane powers) or Superman.

However, again, I reiterate, you are indeed entitled to your own opinion and if you do believe that Zeus wins and are not looking to debate or make a case then, well, I guess we're done here.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jayfournines Well said. The thing I agree with you on is feats. But Odin has stated that Zeus is his equal. I also believe Zeus has stalemated Odin one time, not sure of what comic it was from. Let's put it this way, if a writer was going to write this I think we would mostly assume that Zeus would be written to win based on Marvel acknowledging Zeus=Odin. Therefore I'll side with Zeus. Gods in comics are not meant to be beat by lesser tier characters, that's just the way it is. Now do you think this team would beat Odin? Because I don't. We just disagree on Zeus power levels. That makes neither of us wrong just different interpretations. I'll just agree to disagree. Im not going to delve to deeply into this because I really honestly don't care that much. I just give my opinion because the battle forums are fun to me but I don't take this stuff too seriously.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By X_insignia1

@justleader said:

@X_insignia1 said:

@justleader said:

@icysloth said:

This is spite only half of the people need to be there to take down zeus. Fate, supes, Wonderwoman, the lanterns, Marvel, firestorm, etc...

What? Zeus is a skyfather, meaning a galaxy buster, how possibly can these characters win?

who said Zeus could galaxy bust? plus the whole Odin "busting a galaxy" scans are still up for debate, he may not have busted a galaxy at all....

You know there is a thing called powerscaling......

I don't know why people keep asking for feats, Zeus is a skyfather, that's enough

I admit that Zeus doesn't have enough feats to solo this battle, but by powerscaling it's more than enoguh

Zeus doesn't have a galaxy busting feat but he is a skyfather, so by powerscaling he should be able to do it.

except for the fact that all skyfathers arn't equal in power, therefore not all can galaxy bust ( if not any)

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By justleader

@X_insignia1: You're right, not all of them are equal but all of them are on the same level.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#171  Edited By greenteaforme

@justleader said:

@X_insignia1: You're right, not all of them are equal but all of them are on the same level.

That doesn't make sense.

And no, they're not.

As I said before, Athena was serving as sky father to the Olympian pantheon for a time.

In your logic, Athena is automatically a galaxy buster...?

I don't accept that logic.

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@Jayfournines Well said. The thing I agree with you on is feats. But Odin has stated that Zeus is his equal. I also believe Zeus has stalemated Odin one time, not sure of what comic it was from. Let's put it this way, if a writer was going to write this I think we would mostly assume that Zeus would be written to win based on Marvel acknowledging Zeus=Odin. Therefore I'll side with Zeus. Gods in comics are not meant to be beat by lesser tier characters, that's just the way it is. Now do you think this team would beat Odin? Because I don't. We just disagree on Zeus power levels. That makes neither of us wrong just different interpretations. I'll just agree to disagree. Im not going to delve to deeply into this because I really honestly don't care that much. I just give my opinion because the battle forums are fun to me but I don't take this stuff too seriously.

That line of thought is generally not accepted on the Vine.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#172  Edited By laflux

@greenteaforme said:

As I said before, Athena was serving as sky father to the Olympian pantheon for a time.

In your logic, Athena is automatically a galaxy buster..

Neptune's Beard..... :(

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By justleader

@greenteaforme:

No Athena isn't a skyfather, look at thor when he became the king of asgard...............

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Jayfournines

@justleader said:

@greenteaforme:

No Athena isn't a skyfather, look at thor when he became the king of asgard...............

what about Thor?

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#175  Edited By GR2Blackout

@YoungJustice said:

Zeus. Mostly because 50% of leaguers pictured are useless.
justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By justleader

@Jayfournines said:

@justleader said:

@greenteaforme:

what about Thor?

Umm when he inherited the odin force became king................

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Jayfournines

@justleader said:

@Jayfournines said:

@justleader said:

@greenteaforme:

what about Thor?

are you talking about Rune King Thor or just Odinforce Thor?

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By justleader

@Jayfournines said:

@justleader said:

@Jayfournines said:

@justleader said:

@greenteaforme:

what about Thor?

are you talking about Rune King Thor or just Odinforce Thor?

both

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By greenteaforme

@justleader said:

@greenteaforme:

Athena was a sky father and member of the Council of Godheads following the death of Zeus. Derp.

Edit - She also inherited his thunderbolt at the time. As well as demonstrating power significant enough to easily repel Thor. She also received the new title of Athena Panhellenios, as well as Godhead of the Olympian Pantheon.

Another edit - There are at least 24 sky fathers/godheads on Earth. You're trying to say Earth has 24 galaxy busters just sitting around either being worshiped or forgotten?

Earth was about to be swallowed by the Phoenix and the Avengers had to shoot it with a big gun to temporarily stop that from happening. You're telling me 24 galaxy busters were just too busy to do anything?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#180  Edited By TifaLockhart

Good gravy, I realize a lot of those Leaguers are dead weight, but what exactly does it take to defeat a Skyfather?!

Look at the sheer numbers! And I find it kind of ironic that a board that dismisses Hulk's "infinite strength" will gladly bring up how a Skyfather can infinitely amp his strength/power/speed/whatever. Speaking of which, Photon hurt Zeus and Hulk hurt him too.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By justleader

@greenteaforme:

No, Odin is a high level skyfather, the rest are below him in power, but on his level

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By greenteaforme

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Good gravy, I realize a lot of those Leaguers are dead weight, but what exactly does it take to defeat a Skyfather?!

Look at the sheer numbers! And I find it kind of ironic that a board that dismisses Hulk's "infinite strength" will gladly bring up how a Skyfather can infinitely amp his strength/power/speed/whatever. Speaking of which, Photon hurt Zeus and Hulk hurt him too.

This board touches themselves at the words "sky father".

If you'll notice, there has yet to be a solid argument or feat to back up Zeus winning besides "win because sky father" or "win because Odin".

@justleader said:

@greenteaforme:

No, Odin is a high level skyfather, the rest are below him in power, but on his level

That makes no sense.

Also, Odin is not actually very strong at all. The power of his brothers have him almost constantly amped. The "real" Odin is far below Zeus in terms of power. This means Zeus is potentially the strongest god head, but we've really not seen the others do much to say.

Plus the fact that Odin is not part of this thread. "Win because Odin" and "win because sky father" are not legitimate arguments.

Make a case for Zeus, or else your opinion is pretty much ignorable on this.

I've made an entire slew of arguments for the League. Have you read them?

Not a single person has been able to refuse my arguments as of yet.

This means the League wins simply by virtue of having legitimate arguments backing them.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By justleader

@greenteaforme:

As i said before there's a thing called powerscaling, by feats Zeus doesn't even have planatey level feats, so going only by feats Zeus loses, by powerscaling he wins.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By TifaLockhart

I also love how it's OK to say that Marvel gods are superior to DC gods (which is true in most cases but that's beside the point) but don't you dare ever suggest a DCer has a clear advantage over his Marvel counterpart.

BTW, to whoever asked, Highfather and Darkseid have stalemated before. The comics portray them as near equals but the secret files claims Highfather is the strongest New god (which I think is bunk since Yuga Khan was much stronger).

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By IZZR

I also love how it's OK to say that Marvel gods are superior to DC gods (which is true in most cases but that's beside the point) but don't you dare ever suggest a DCer has a clear advantage over his Marvel counterpart.

BTW, to whoever asked, Highfather and Darkseid have stalemated before. The comics portray them as near equals but the secret files claims Highfather is the strongest New god (which I think is bunk since Yuga Khan was much stronger).

Yep i have issues where Highfather and Darkseid were young and they were equals in their Prime. Yuga Khan dwarfs them both though.
greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By greenteaforme

@justleader said:

@greenteaforme:

As i said before there's a thing called powerscaling, by feats Zeus doesn't even have planatey level feats, so going only by feats Zeus loses, by powerscaling he wins.

That's not a legitimate argument on the Vine.

Psylocke has been stated by writers to now be an omega-level telepath.

Jean Grey is also an omega-level telepath.

Psylocke is thus able to use Jean Grey's feats.

Nope. That's not how we do it here.

@IZZR said:

Yep i have issues where Highfather and Darkseid were young and they were equals in their Prime. Yuga Khan dwarfs them both though.

The conclusion of combat between DC Ares and High Father was Ares running a sword through High Father's chest. You're trying to imply that Darkseid is weaker than DC Ares?

High Father's greatest area of skill is his energy manipulation - he's not much if a fighter. His strength level stats-wise is also not exactly impressive. Theoretically, if Darkseid and High Father got into a brawl, Darkseid would smash High Father's face into paste with little to no effort.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Arguments has devolved from sharing opinions to arrive at a conclusion to simply inundating ignorance and biased statements repleted with fallacies now as opposed to arriving at a reasonable conclusion, the philosophical premise is flawed and thus shall be the conclusion.

Aside from stated paragraph, copy and pasted from pages ago:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Jayfournines said:

And....still...no one has posted any Zeus feats

Feats matter little when it comes to skyfathers. To debate on the behalf of the Justice League would depict delusion and transforms the debate at hand into that of a subjective one and thus, flawed claim.

so....if a character wins automatically merely because they hold the title 'skyfather', what is there to debate about? I dunno, I still don't buy it that merely cause you have a title it puts you above creatures who move at lightspeed and control energy.

The power difference between one holding the title of a Skyfather hangs precariously above that of the most powerful heralds. The very idea of the creation, hype, and claims depicting beings to be on such a power level is for the vocation of placing them in an entirely separate tier than those of Heralds and below. Bor has not portrayed any feats that postulates the suggestion of even facing Superman thus far and ever had if one judges only based on the fight he had with Odin Force Thor. Envisage that fight was only drawn out, nothing written, no narration nor statement. Many would presume their power levels to be below that of Superman's by comparison in that case. The dialogues insinuates Bor's power to be unfathomable that regular Thor; whom is around Wonder Woman's level of power, would have died from one strike if it were not for the Odin Force. A couple of strikes from Zeus fell Hulk, whom officially possesses nigh-invulnerability; obviously exceeding that of Thor's. What's not to assume that if Zeus incorporates such power into blasts, manifesting itself into that of what Zeus wishes? Is this my speculation? Obviously it is. However think about this, would it not be far fetched to claim that a being stated to be as powerful as Odin to preform such a feat? Skyfathers typically had feats that postulates them being able to their power to nearly any effect the writer envisages, up to the galactic level. As I stated earlier, the vocation of the label Skyfather implies creatures of such rank's power hangs precariously over that of anyone below their tier. In writing, the writer's WILL write to accommodate the Skyfather's power and shift the fight into their favour.

Despise the amount of claims and walls of texts you can construct, you can't argue the fact that characters whom are written to be on the Skyfather tier or a tier repleting of beings that has preformed feats on the galactic level be taken down by some Heralds? Once I see one subjective approach in depiction insinuating this topic, I will know for a fact that it has bolstered to the point where your statements would become biased and once that happens, it'll be meaningless to "argue" further.

It's evident that Marvel's incarnation of Zeus is in possession of little feats so in an argument with the purpose of "winning", Zeus would lose due to lack of feats. Logically and realistically however, a fight with Marvel's Zeus would go similar to how Zeus fought the Avenger's and the Hulk but this is only one way to envisage it. Place yourself in the writer's seat, you have the authority to control how Zeus would use his power. A being claimed to be as powerful as Odin; whom has destroyed galaxies as a side effect of his battles; (Fun fact, there are thousands to billions of solar systems in a galaxy and as for how big a solar system is, you can imagine) you have the power to write him as you please to the limitations of his abilities in an all out fight against the JLA. Cognizant of how powerful a skyfather is and how their power can be shaped and manipulated to how you would like it, you could practically allow Zeus to simply nuke the JLA and ending the battle right then and there, but that would be no fun.

@WillPayton:

Skyfather rankings from my speculation:

Above Herald/Under Skyfather tier: Thanos

Low level Skyfather: Darkseid

Mid level Skyfather: Mephisto in his realm.

High level Skyfather: Dormammu in his realm, Zeus, Odin.

Pinnacle: Rune Thor.

The problem with debates about little feats to naught of some characters on such a power level like Zeus is that due to their presumed magic, statements of their unfathomable power, and their abilities to bolster their attributes to such an extent that they can beat down top tier brutes such as Thor and Hulk with little to no difficulty, is that it goes two ways, one is how the fight should go, and one is how the fight would go in a debate under this site's rules.

EDIT: In the situation of arguments, might as well simply write "there's nothing that doesn't postulate Superman simply flying at his maximum speed and punching thousands of times to turn Zeus's lights out", because there isn't. Hulk isn't anywhere near as fast as Superman and the velocity of Superman's speed in correlation with his strength would prove to be devastating. Nothing postulates Zeus from not being able to stay awake after such strikes after all since Zeus's physical attributes doesn't insinuate anything to defend him against Superman's onslaught.

Avatar image for darkknight96000
darkknight96000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By darkknight96000

Anyone else notice The Phantom Stranger is a part of this JLA line-up? Also JLA FTW!

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By IZZR
@greenteaforme said:

@justleader said:

@greenteaforme:

That's not a legitimate argument on the Vine.

Psylocke has been stated by writers to now be an omega-level telepath.

Jean Grey is also an omega-level telepath.

Psylocke is thus able to use Jean Grey's feats.

Nope. That's not how we do it here.

@IZZR said:

The conclusion of combat between DC Ares and High Father was Ares running a sword through High Father's chest. You're trying to imply that Darkseid is weaker than DC Ares?

High Father's greatest area of skill is his energy manipulation - he's not much if a fighter. His strength level stats-wise is also not exactly impressive. Theoretically, if Darkseid and High Father got into a brawl, Darkseid would smash High Father's face into paste with little to no effort.

Actually like i stated a few pages back when the Greek Pantheon was at war before Ares killed Izaya and Ares was making his way to New Genesis Darkseid was actually really scared and told Desaad to do whatever it takes to prepare for Ares. Ares is Above them but is quite inconsistent.
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@DarkKnight96000 said:

Anyone else notice The Phantom Stranger is a part of this JLA line-up? Also JLA FTW!

He solos ^_^

@greenteaforme:

That's not a legitimate argument on the Vine Nope. That's not how we do it here.

Surely by the rules of the site, power scaling is out of the question. Is this not similar to delusion however? To ignore bits of the equation for an entirely different answer simply to your complacency to win a debate? It's rather obvious that Zeus lacks feats and that alone should prohibit a battle of such magnitude from ever taking place since power scaling isn't how the Vine does things here.

It's evident that Zeus loses due to lack of feats (Captain Atom also slightly shifts it but it's a maybe) and since power scaling isn't how things are done here, what's the point of continuing a debate when a conclusion as to who wins has come to pass?

Zeus possesses little to no feats to postulate his power stature to be able to take on the entirety of the JLA, plethora of super powered beings ranging from planetary to adhering solar system destructive capabilities in power. It's extremely obvious that Zeus loses this fight under the site's rules and you're cognizant of this. What's your vocation here upon debating an already won battle?

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By greenteaforme

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@DarkKnight96000 said:

He solos ^_^

@greenteaforme:

That's not a legitimate argument on the Vine Nope. That's not how we do it here.

Surely by the rules of the site, power scaling is out of the question. Is this not similar to delusion however? To ignore bits of the equation for an entirely different answer simply to your complacency to win a debate? It's rather obvious that Zeus lacks feats and that alone should prohibit a battle of such magnitude from ever taking place since power scaling isn't how the Vine does things here.

It's evident that Zeus loses due to lack of feats (Captain Atom also slightly shifts it but it's a maybe) and since power scaling isn't how things are done here, what's the point of continuing a debate when a conclusion as to who wins has come to pass?

Zeus possesses little to no feats to postulate his power stature to be able to take on the entirety of the JLA, plethora of super powered beings ranging from planetary to adhering solar system destructive capabilities in power. It's extremely obvious that Zeus loses this fight under the site's rules and you're cognizant of this. What's your vocation here upon debating an already won battle?

If you read the post, it's mostly a few of us educating people that tout the title of sky father as an auto-win or otherwise trying to break the illusion of "win because sky father" as well as trying to correct the gross misuse of the term "sky father" here on the Vine as a level of power.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@greenteaforme:

It was extremely obvious what you were doing. Skimming through it was more than enough, no need to scrutinize the entirety of the post so I'd rather circumvent for time's sake. I can agree with you to a certain level ^_^

People will learn on their own as they acquire more experience, inundating this upon them within such a short amount of time will usually be taken as an insult to pride. What about pming them and talking about the errors that you believe you see instead? :) This thread has already been dealt with. Zeus loses power scaling or not.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By KnightRise

@PunkMastaFlex said:

Arguments has devolved from sharing opinions to arrive at a conclusion to simply inundating ignorance and biased statements repleted with fallacies now as opposed to arriving at a reasonable conclusion, the philosophical premise is flawed and thus shall be the conclusion.

Aside from stated paragraph, copy and pasted from pages ago:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Jayfournines said:

And....still...no one has posted any Zeus feats

Feats matter little when it comes to skyfathers. To debate on the behalf of the Justice League would depict delusion and transforms the debate at hand into that of a subjective one and thus, flawed claim.

so....if a character wins automatically merely because they hold the title 'skyfather', what is there to debate about? I dunno, I still don't buy it that merely cause you have a title it puts you above creatures who move at lightspeed and control energy.

The power difference between one holding the title of a Skyfather hangs precariously above that of the most powerful heralds. The very idea of the creation, hype, and claims depicting beings to be on such a power level is for the vocation of placing them in an entirely separate tier than those of Heralds and below. Bor has not portrayed any feats that postulates the suggestion of even facing Superman thus far and ever had if one judges only based on the fight he had with Odin Force Thor. Envisage that fight was only drawn out, nothing written, no narration nor statement. Many would presume their power levels to be below that of Superman's by comparison in that case. The dialogues insinuates Bor's power to be unfathomable that regular Thor; whom is around Wonder Woman's level of power, would have died from one strike if it were not for the Odin Force. A couple of strikes from Zeus fell Hulk, whom officially possesses nigh-invulnerability; obviously exceeding that of Thor's. What's not to assume that if Zeus incorporates such power into blasts, manifesting itself into that of what Zeus wishes? Is this my speculation? Obviously it is. However think about this, would it not be far fetched to claim that a being stated to be as powerful as Odin to preform such a feat? Skyfathers typically had feats that postulates them being able to their power to nearly any effect the writer envisages, up to the galactic level. As I stated earlier, the vocation of the label Skyfather implies creatures of such rank's power hangs precariously over that of anyone below their tier. In writing, the writer's WILL write to accommodate the Skyfather's power and shift the fight into their favour.

Despise the amount of claims and walls of texts you can construct, you can't argue the fact that characters whom are written to be on the Skyfather tier or a tier repleting of beings that has preformed feats on the galactic level be taken down by some Heralds? Once I see one subjective approach in depiction insinuating this topic, I will know for a fact that it has bolstered to the point where your statements would become biased and once that happens, it'll be meaningless to "argue" further.

It's evident that Marvel's incarnation of Zeus is in possession of little feats so in an argument with the purpose of "winning", Zeus would lose due to lack of feats. Logically and realistically however, a fight with Marvel's Zeus would go similar to how Zeus fought the Avenger's and the Hulk but this is only one way to envisage it. Place yourself in the writer's seat, you have the authority to control how Zeus would use his power. A being claimed to be as powerful as Odin; whom has destroyed galaxies as a side effect of his battles; (Fun fact, there are thousands to billions of solar systems in a galaxy and as for how big a solar system is, you can imagine) you have the power to write him as you please to the limitations of his abilities in an all out fight against the JLA. Cognizant of how powerful a skyfather is and how their power can be shaped and manipulated to how you would like it, you could practically allow Zeus to simply nuke the JLA and ending the battle right then and there, but that would be no fun.

@WillPayton:

Skyfather rankings from my speculation:

Above Herald/Under Skyfather tier: Thanos

Low level Skyfather: Darkseid

Mid level Skyfather: Mephisto in his realm.

High level Skyfather: Dormammu in his realm, Zeus, Odin.

Pinnacle: Rune Thor.

The problem with debates about little feats to naught of some characters on such a power level like Zeus is that due to their presumed magic, statements of their unfathomable power, and their abilities to bolster their attributes to such an extent that they can beat down top tier brutes such as Thor and Hulk with little to no difficulty, is that it goes two ways, one is how the fight should go, and one is how the fight would go in a debate under this site's rules.

EDIT: In the situation of arguments, might as well simply write "there's nothing that doesn't postulate Superman simply flying at his maximum speed and punching thousands of times to turn Zeus's lights out", because there isn't. Hulk isn't anywhere near as fast as Superman and the velocity of Superman's speed in correlation with his strength would prove to be devastating. Nothing postulates Zeus from not being able to stay awake after such strikes after all since Zeus's physical attributes doesn't insinuate anything to defend him against Superman's onslaught.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By greenteaforme

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@greenteaforme:

It was extremely obvious what you were doing. Skimming through it was more than enough, no need to scrutinize the entirety of the post so I'd rather circumvent for time's sake. I can agree with you to a certain level ^_^

People will learn on their own as they acquire more experience, inundating this upon them within such a short amount of time will usually be taken as an insult to pride. What about pming them and talking about the errors that you believe you see instead? :) This thread has already been dealt with. Zeus loses power scaling or not.

People are still using it as a platform for Zeus winning.

Also, posting it in "public" lets other users read the information, rather than correcting them one-by-one.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@greenteaforme:

Also, posting it in "public" lets other users read the information, rather than correcting them one-by-one.

Notice something about these two sentences? Even if the other users see the information, they could be the same ones using the term of skyfather as a platform for Zeus. ^^

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By greenteaforme

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@greenteaforme:

Notice something about these two sentences? Even if the other users see the information, they could be the same ones using the term of skyfather as a platform for Zeus. ^^

A lot of them are, since I'm replying to them. I'm not sure what your point is.

They've learned bad and wrong habits regarding Zeus, and the title "sky father" because the Vine has elevated him to levels that his don't necessarily quantify.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By TifaLockhart

Um, OK. Not sure where Ares vs. Highfather came in, but yeah, Highfather has stalemated Darkseid in the past. He also killed his uncle.

Also, since we're using Odin's highend feat of busting galaxies as collateral damage (which itself is suspect), then why can't we use Flash's highend feat of busting up the Anti-Monitor's armor? Fair's fair.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By IZZR
@DarkKnight96000 said:

Thats Question my boy.
Avatar image for darkknight96000
darkknight96000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By darkknight96000

@IZZR: Not the Question, I know who he his. However if you look above The Huntress and below Metamorpho you can just see him.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By IZZR
@DarkKnight96000 said:

@IZZR: Not the Question, I know who he his. However if you look above The Huntress and below Metamorpho you can just see him.

Oh damn youre right i just spotted him, he solos and i actually didnt realise ION was there he solos too this is a spite.@justleader said:

@greenteaforme:

Tbh i never quite understood how a dude who needs a long sleep to replenish his powers can be powerful hes just senile and should die, after Fear itself i wanted to rip his head off myself arrogant a**hole.