• 100 results
#1 Edited by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

Rosters=

JL #15
The Justice League

Avengers: everyone on Hickman's Avengers

Justice League: Big 7 (Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern) + Reserves (Vixen, Black Lightning, Firestorm, Element Woman, Mera, Zatanna, Black Lightning, Hawkman, Shazam, Atom)

Scenario=

Fight takes place on South Beach

No prep

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21757 posts) - - Show Bio

JL

#3 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 does NOT have the speed feats to blitz win other than Flash and Hyperion should match New 52.

who is on the Avenger team that can take the rest?

#4 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Also in the latest Justice League Superman, Wonder Woman, and the rest were pretty much KO by Magic Lightning attack. Now who has city busting Magic Lightning on the Avenger Team......

Just saying. That is New 52 lol.

#5 Posted by tgd124 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Shazam is their answer to Thor and Zatanna is a cure for any magic thrown at them, and as for speed, both Superman and Shazam are amoung DC's fastest heroes

JL is a team of gods, the avengers is a mix of mighty heros

Justice League wins, the reserves are definite overkill though, i still think the main 7 could win (evein though neither Aquaman or GL are apart of it anymore)

#6 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@tgd124 said:

@CadenceV2: Shazam is their answer to Thor and Zatanna is a cure for any magic thrown at them, and as for speed, both Superman and Shazam are amoung DC's fastest heroes

Justice League wins, the reserves are definite overkill though, i still think the main 7 could win (evein though neither Aquaman or GL are apart of it anymore)

Umm.... I thought New 52 they still had aqua Man and GL..... Like Aquaman been around only so long after all.

Also what has New 52 Zantana done thats worthy of mention. Also Superman and Shazam have good Travel speed. After all is WW and Supes were so fast they wouldnt been hit by 1/50 speed of light Lightning now would they?

I think you over estimate the New 52 Feats as Pre 52 still.

#7 Posted by chiq (1946 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Captain Universe is a wildcard. We still don't know what she can do. I don't think Shazam and Hyperion have that much feats either, unless you want to include that uber Hyperion durability feat.(which we know won't last, he will be taken down by much less in the future)

#8 Posted by The Stegman (24026 posts) - - Show Bio

1st. Those Avengers covers are amazing 

2nd- This actually could be one of the rare, evenly matched Avengers vs JL battles, but question is, since the Avenger's history is still pretty much canon, are we just including feats from the Avengers in Marvel NOW, and their respective titles ? (such as the Marvel NOW Iron Man, Thor:God of Thunder etc) Or are their older feats usable as well? 

3rd- What the heck can this Captain Universe being do exactly?? 

#9 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6120 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a great battle.

#10 Posted by jashro44 (20849 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

1st. Those Avengers covers are amazing 2nd- This actually could be one of the rare, evenly matched Avengers vs JL battles, but question is, since the Avenger's history is still pretty much canon, are we just including feats from the Avengers in Marvel NOW, and their respective titles ? (such as the Marvel NOW Iron Man, Thor:God of Thunder etc) Or are their older feats usable as well? 3rd- What the heck can this Captain Universe being do exactly??

Here is captain universes one showing (to my knowledge)

#11 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

1st. Those Avengers covers are amazing 2nd- This actually could be one of the rare, evenly matched Avengers vs JL battles, but question is, since the Avenger's history is still pretty much canon, are we just including feats from the Avengers in Marvel NOW, and their respective titles ? (such as the Marvel NOW Iron Man, Thor:God of Thunder etc) Or are their older feats usable as well? 3rd- What the heck can this Captain Universe being do exactly??

yeah you can use all Canon feats. And We are only counting the Avengers on Hickmans current rooster. I should probably have specified a little more. No Illuminati. I think the fight should still be even Hickman's rooster is pretty big. I'm not familiare with all the characters, especially the X-men guys.

As for Captain Universe, I'm not exactly sure what this one can do.

Spider-Man's been Captain Universe before (I think twice) and Juggernaut was Captain Universe once. Each time the powers seemed a little different to me. I just think of the character as a really powerful one with Silver Surfer like powers, but I could be wrong I'm not overly familiar with him/her, each incarnation may be different.

#12 Edited by The Stegman (24026 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44: Thanks for the scans..that's pretty frackin' impressive..I'd like to see her go up against Captain Atom now.... She might actually give the win to the Avengers unless Zatanna can whip something up. 

@SUNMAN said:

@The Stegman said:

yeah you can use all Canon feats. And We are only counting the Avengers on Hickmans current rooster. I should probably have specified a little more. No Illuminati. I think the fight should still be even Hickman's rooster is pretty big. I'm not familiare with all the characters, especially the X-men guys.

As for Captain Universe, I'm not exactly sure what this one can do.

Spider-Man's been Captain Universe before (I think twice) and Juggernaut was Captain Universe once. Each time the powers seemed a little different to me. I just think of the character as a really powerful one with Silver Surfer like powers, but I could be wrong I'm not overly familiar with him/her, each incarnation may be different.

Cool, it's a good fight, with a lot of variables..but this Captain Universe... I dunno, she my turn the tide for the Avengers.
#13 Posted by jashro44 (20849 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Yea Captain universe has a lot of potential.

#14 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3826 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@tgd124 said:

Umm.... I thought New 52 they still had aqua Man and GL..... Like Aquaman been around only so long after all.

Also what has New 52 Zantana done thats worthy of mention. Also Superman and Shazam have good Travel speed. After all is WW and Supes were so fast they wouldnt been hit by 1/50 speed of light Lightning now would they?

You mean the fight where Wonder Woman and Superman were both busy and were then ambushed and also up to their shins in water, which would multiply the effects of any electrical attack? This can be summed up as

A) Either Aquaman's skin and Batman's suit gives them the same level of durability that of Superman and Wonder Woman as they were only knocked unconscious as they were and didn't die.

B) PIS

#15 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@tgd124 said:

You mean the fight where Wonder Woman and Superman were both busy and were then ambushed and also up to their shins in water, which would multiply the effects of any electrical attack? This can be summed up as

A) Either Aquaman's skin and Batman's suit gives them the same level of durability that of Superman and Wonder Woman as they were only knocked unconscious as they were and didn't die.

B) PIS

I think Batman was out of the water and knocked out on the docks.

New 52 Aquaman might be close to new 52 WW's durability. He shouldn't be close to Superman's, but several people are saying the magic was lightning and that is why it knocked him out

#16 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3826 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

@Evil Incarnate said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@tgd124 said:

B) PIS

New 52 Aquaman might be close to new 52 WW's durability. He shouldn't be close to Superman's, but several people are saying the magic was lightning and that is why it knocked him out

Batman was the first one hit by a lightning attack.

The other points still stand as WW and Superman were ambushed, didn't look as if they attempted to use super speed and were standing in water, which would multiply the effects of any electrical attack.

#17 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate: My point stands that if you see the world in Light Speed then they would have hours, at least to them, to notice and respond to the Lightning. They didn't. They showed no super speed that surpass Lightning there in dodging or attacking. Nor has any of New 52 Supe's Speed or Wonder Woman's speed shown faster than Lightning in Combat Speed wise.

#18 Posted by kuma_far (510 posts) - - Show Bio

Hickman Avengers seem the stronger team here....

#19 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Evil Incarnate said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@tgd124 said:

B) PIS

Batman was the first one hit by a lightning attack.

The other points still stand as WW and Superman were ambushed, didn't look as if they attempted to use super speed and were standing in water, which would multiply the effects of any electrical attack.

yeah but it looks like the bolt that hit Batman was of a weaker voltage, it just looks like a tiny shock compared to the bolts of Lightning from the sky that hit the others

also this attack seems shorter. His blast against the others seemed like a sustained Thunder strike

#20 Edited by New_World_Order (13064 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Thor's storms has spanned the planet.

#21 Edited by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Evil Incarnate: My point stands that if you see the world in Light Speed then they would have hours, at least to them, to notice and respond to the Lightning. They didn't. They showed no super speed that surpass Lightning there in dodging or attacking. Nor has any of New 52 Supe's Speed or Wonder Woman's speed shown faster than Lightning in Combat Speed wise.

I think speed and reaction time aren't always the same thing. I mean Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world in a race but I bet Bruce Lee had beter reflexes.

#22 Posted by tensor (4172 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN: Now that is just silly, because the flash is fast over all, not just on his feet.An Its Usain Bolt.

#23 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@CadenceV2: Thor's storms has spanned the planet.

@SUNMAN said:

@CadenceV2 said:

I think speed and reaction time aren't always the same thing. I mean Husein Bolt is the fastest man in the world in a race but I bet Bruce Lee had beter reflexes.

You prove my point. Superman and WW seem to have great Travel Speed but crappy or no Combat Speed.

So I dont see New 52 Speed Blitzing at all or reacting to Lightning Attacks of Thor. Once Superman and WW go down its open season for DC team. Avenger Roster is pretty powerful, not retcon at all in feats, and have heavy hitters with great feats like Hulk, Thor, Hyperion, and even Bleeding Edge IM.

#24 Posted by MFrenzy11 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

hickmans avengers FTW

#25 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

Also in the latest Justice League Superman, Wonder Woman, and the rest were pretty much KO by Magic Lightning attack. Now who has cuty busting Magic Lightning on the Avenger Team......

Wasn't that mostly 'cause they were in water?

#26 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor: I wasn't talking about Flash

#27 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2203 posts) - - Show Bio

Hickman's Avengers take it. They're far more versatile. And since nothing was specifically mentioned in the OP, all characters are in character, so constant speed blitzes aren't going to happen, though the Avengers have enough people to keep JL blitzes from being as effective anyway. Current Avengers are of Joe Kelly/Grant Morrison JLA caliber. DCnU JL are a start up that haven't really faced the fantastical yet, so their roster doesn't reflect that, which is why they lose.

#28 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn....I am loving the roster of Hickman's Avengers!

Avengers take this but not easily.

#29 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batman242 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Also in the latest Justice League Superman, Wonder Woman, and the rest were pretty much KO by Magic Lightning attack. Now who has cuty busting Magic Lightning on the Avenger Team......

Wasn't that mostly 'cause they were in water?

That really shouldn't matter since both pre 52 Superman and Wonder Women have taken worse and they shouldn't have turned to skeletons...

#30 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Curious what does she have to say on the matter?:

#31 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Winchester: Im not even sure who she is truth be told.

#32 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers

#33 Posted by Veitha (3099 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers, better feats on their side, and WW and SM seem vulnerable to lightnings, so Thor would destroy both of them easily. And Shazam and Zatanna don't have very good feats

#34 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@King-Stranglehold da first: Lol dude they dint turn into skeletons that ws just that lightning effect meaning it was so bright u cld see their bones kind of thing.....plus hate to admit it but new 52 JL are only just coming into their own so giv it another yr or so,the avengers have the advantage right now.

@CadenceV2: thats captain universe!! dont know a thing about her lol, just checked on the vine n got a name :)

#35 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan said:

@King-Stranglehold da first: Lol dude they dint turn into skeletons that ws just that lightning effect meaning it was so bright u cld see their bones kind of thing.....plus hate to admit it but new 52 JL are only just coming into their own so giv it another yr or so,the avengers have the advantage right now.

@CadenceV2: thats captain universe!! dont know a thing about her lol, just checked on the vine n got a name :)

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I couldn't know because I didnt read the comic but it seemed people on CV keep using that incident to downplay both Superman and WW.

#36 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan: Holy hell. I havent seen Captain Universe in years lol. I belive Banner was Captain Universe for a short time.

In this Banner easily Mateched and push back a Mindless Savage Hulk. So Captain Universe is pretty bad with a large range of powers and Psy Attacks as well.

New 52 Have any Psy resistant feats? I dont think they do.

Now we can add Mind Rape to the ways Hickmans Avengers win lol.

#37 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Atom is on the Justice League?

#38 Posted by Voorhees100 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Man people keep using that Ocean Master lightning blast, I knew it would happen as soon as I read the issue. I'd call it PIS, just a way for Ocean Master to get the two big guns down so Aquaman can save the day.  

Way I see it, we have too man variables in this fight, gotta narrow it down.. 

Avengers Heavy Hitters- 
-Hulk 
-Thor 
-Captain Marvel  
-Hyperion
-Iron Man 
-Captain Universe 

Justice League Heavy Hitters- 
-Superman 
-Wonder Woman 
-Green Lantern 
-Flash 
-Shazam! 
-Aquaman  

Avengers Mid Tier- 
-Sunspot 
-Spider-Man 
-Cannonball 
-Spider Woman

JL Mid Tier- 
-Element Woman 
-Vixen 
-Black Lightning 
-Cyborg 
-Hawkman 
-Zatanna  
-Firestorm

Avengers street levelers- 
-Wolverine 
-Hawkeye 
-Shang Chi  
-Black Widow 
-Captain America 
-Falcon 
Manifold (though teleportation is a big help) 

JL Street Levelers 
-Batman 
Green Arrow 
-Atom?  (has he been introduced yet? I only recall Earth 2 Atom) 

Both the new Smasher, and whoever this "Gold Rush" guy is, have barely any feats worth mentioning, so I won't mention them. Given the line ups, it could go either way, both have teleporters in the case of Manifold and Cyborg, so BFR probably will be nullified. I think Supes can take down Hyperion, WW will beat Captain Marvel after a great fight, Thor trashes the inexperienced Shazam! Then you have Frackin' Hulk to deal with..though maybe Firestorm can do some damage to him. This new Captain Universe is what has me stumped, I don't know how the JL could counter her..maybe if Zatanna worked out  a spell she could do something..but Idk....this is a great match. 

#39 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2871 posts) - - Show Bio

I was waiting for this fight to show up! I'm leaning towards the Avengers. Hickmans line-up is pretty deep and one of the strongest I can remember in a while. I think the problem with New52 Justice League is that DC rebooted, so the PreNew52 feats don't count. This probably a close one, but I think the Avengers get the W.

#40 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

@King-Stranglehold da first said:

we don't know yet. She looks to be a woman, so possibly a new one. We can update as we learn more

#41 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

@King-Stranglehold da first said:

we don't know yet. She looks to be a woman, so possibly a new one. We can update as we learn more

Oh okay

#42 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2919 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

#43 Posted by thanosii (1256 posts) - - Show Bio

Call PIS, say they were in water still supes and ww got koed by l7ghtning and its a feat thor can replicate tenfold so without the hardest hitters avengers got the win

#44 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7029 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Universe can solo given that the Uni-Power is a plot device.

#45 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: For shizel.

#46 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League. Especially when you add in JLD.

#47 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League stomps.

#49 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers.

Offtopic: Those covers look so badass.

#50 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

Justice League stomps.

How? Please explain...