Justice League (New-52) vs. Avengers (Marvel NOW!)

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BulletTimer

Justice League

No Caption Provided

Avengers

No Caption Provided

Rounds

Round 1:

• No prep
  • Morals off
  • Victory by kill only
  • Battle set on neutral Earth

Round 2:

• A week of prep
  • General knowledge of each other
  • Regular morals
  • Victory by kill, KO, BFR
  • Battle set on neutral Earth

Note

In this version of the classic "JLA vs. Avengers" battle, we are only using the modern, recent versions of these characters. So, New 52 for the JLA, and Marvel NOW! for the Avengers. This is meant to be the end all and be all of all JLA vs. Avengers battles from this point on. The rosters are current, so they are subject to change and rearrangement; feel free to update your opinion based on the changing roster. Now that that's been said...

Who wins?

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avengers stomp.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna say Avengers, but it's very close. If anything it comes down to the Avengers having tons of non-factor minions that would keep the pressure on the League.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it's basically

Thor, Captain Universe, Ex Nihlo, Abyss, Starbrand, Hyperion, Hulk, and the other guy that is part of the planetary defense system along with Starbrand (can't remember his name Nightmask maybe?).

against

Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Cyborg, and Batman (aka the JL's only non-factor)

I'd say that the Avengers can win this one.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By micah007123

@paragonnate said:

So it's basically

Thor, Captain Universe, Ex Nihlo, Abyss, Starbrand, Hyperion, Hulk, and the other guy that is part of the planetary defense system along with Starbrand (can't remember his name Nightmask maybe?).

against

Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Cyborg, and Batman (aka the JL's only non-factor)

I think your not giving several members any credit at all. Shang-Chi, Canonball, Iron Man, and Sunspot aren't non-factors, meaning I don't expect them to be useless. Anyone of them could give Aquaman, and Cyborg a good fight.

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers in a very good fight!

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

There are a lot of non factors in the Avengers, but their heavier hitters might still give them the win.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers in a fight I'd pay money to see.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This ain't a good fight. It's one-sided with the Avengers outnumbering them badly.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@zhurong said:

This ain't a good fight. It's one-sided with the Avengers outnumbering them badly.

7:7 Should be the rightful match I agree with zhurong

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would be a more even match if the rosters of the JLA, JLU, and JLI were included since the Avengers have a huge ass roster.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is completely one-sided for Avengers to win. You need to add the rosters of Justice League Dark and Justice League International to make it fair.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Strange (the Avengers recently found him in another dimension, so I think he should count) solos. He knows all the Words of Power that the Black Priests know. He is redunkulous currently and has already had a practice go at an analogue of the JLA. He tentacle-graped them all and he is presumably much more powerful now.

If no Strange, I think Captain Universe, Starbrand, Nightmask, Hyperion, a very surly, Unworthy Thor, Hulk (if we are going current, Doc Green may be admissible), that Robot/Adaptoid thing that trounced all the Avengers, Ex Nihilo, and Abyss seal the deal for Avengers.

With enough prep the Avengers weaponize the planet via Ex Nihili. It they use any f the mega-weapons the Illumimati have stashed.

I guess "current" is kind of a loaded term. The Avengers are kinda fragmented right now... If we count the scattered groups of Avengers, SHIELD's version of the Avengers, and members of the New Avengers/Illumimati then definitely Marvel. Technically the Cabal is kind of an offshoot of the Avengers/Illuminati. It's debatable.

If you picked the top seven from each side Marvel still wins... That feels pretty scandalous to type...

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it's basically

against

YOU DARE TO SAY BATMAN IS NON FACTOR?! HE SOLOS EVERYBODY WITH HELLBAT SUIT, BUT LOSES TO THOR IN GOOD FIGHT.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian:

Bruce with standard gear is definitely a non-factor, and Stark out-preps him in terms of who makes better armor suits, at least with their own resources.

also

Loading Video...

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers win, but in a good fight IMO.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Kidd
@paragonnate said:

So it's basically

against

Current League also include Lex Luther, Captain Cold, Shazam and Power-ring but agreed Avengers win more powerhouses on there team.

Amon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers only need one round.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Team Marvel :

Photon, Thor, Hyperion and Hulk as MVPs.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RandomSid82

@micah said:

@paragonnate said:

So it's basically

against

I think your not giving several members any credit at all. Shang-Chi, Canonball, Iron Man, and Sunspot aren't non-factors, meaning I don't expect them to be useless. Anyone of them could give Aquaman, and Cyborg a good fight.

Canonball could give any of them a good fight honestly. All he has to do when any of them go to hit him is the same thing he did against Gladiator. Absorb the Kinetic Energy of the strike and redirect it into his blast field serving as a shield. Or does that not count because it is Marvel Now?

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firestorm, shazam are also legit members of j.l

so it's

superman

hal

diana

shazam

cyborg

flash

firestorm

lex luthor

batman

aquaman

VS

hulk

thor

hyperion

spidey

ironman

captain universe

and............

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers. The Justice League have no answer to Starbrand, Capt. Universe, Hulk, Hype, Abyss....Just way to much firepower for even the League to deal with.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@paragonnate said:

So it's basically

against

Canonball could give any of them a good fight honestly. All he has to do when any of them go to hit him is the same thing he did against Gladiator. Absorb the Kinetic Energy of the strike and redirect it into his blast field serving as a shield. Or does that not count because it is Marvel Now?

Agreed ! :D

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

avengers win due to superior numbers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firestorm, shazam are also legit members of j.l

so it's

superman

hal

diana

shazam

cyborg

flash

firestorm

lex luthor

batman

aquaman

VS

hulk

thor

hyperion

spidey

ironman

captain universe

and............

Weren't Zatanna and others part of the reserve?

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is some pretty bs outnumbering going on, it's like a 3-4:1 ratio!

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: I doubt that anything Stark got is above Hellbat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Universe and Starbrand still on the team and they're able to solo....mismatch. Understand now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120: Zatanna and Firestorm are reserves,Hal Jordan is part time member and founding member ,but others as Hawkman,Vixen and Black Lightning was only called to help.

Current Justice League roster is Superman,Batman,Wonder Woman,Flash,Cyborg,Aquaman,Lex Luthor,Shazam and Power Ring ( Jessica Cruz)

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullettimer said:

@matchesmalone21: Excuse me?

Captain Universe and Starbrand still on the team and they're able to solo....mismatch. Understand now?

Great, and when they're off the roster in a month or whatever, they won't, and people can discuss again. But no, I'm sure a half dozen random "JLA vs. Avengers" threads would be better, rather than a single one where anyone can debate their opinion. Understand now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullettimer said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@bullettimer said:

Great, and when they're off the roster in a month or whatever, they won't, and people can discuss again. But no, I'm sure a half dozen random "JLA vs. Avengers" threads would be better, rather than a single one where anyone can debate their opinion. Understand now?

They're still members of the Avengers...have you read Avengers World? I believe not.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullettimer said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@bullettimer said:

They're still members of the Avengers...have you read Avengers World? I believe not.

No, I haven't, but those who have will be able to argue for their win in this exact thread, conveniently enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21 said:

@bullettimer said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@bullettimer said:

No, I haven't, but those who have will be able to argue for their win in this exact thread, conveniently enough.

Why you don't say who is in current Avengers roster? Because since Axis main Avengers teams split into 3 different teams

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullettimer said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@bullettimer said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@bullettimer said:

Why you don't say who is in current Avengers roster? Because since Axis main Avengers teams split into 3 different teams

I'm honestly not too sure, I just intend this thread to exist to be the purest version of "JLA vs. Avengers" around: the point is that there is no fixed roster and it changes with what changes in the comics, so people can come up with new opinions all the time, instead of people concluding JLA wins and that's that, or something

This means that we won't ever need another JLA vs. Avengers thread from this point on, really

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullettimer: I understand your point mate,but you should be aware of these changes too because not many people read current books or are to lazy to search.

Although you create this thread with this purpose doesn't mean that people will follow your way of thinking and won't created another ''JLA vs Avengers'' thread,how many ''Superman vs Thor'',''Batman vs Superman'',''Superman vs Hulk''........have you seen? Even without the need to make a new one, people will always do. I don't to bother you mate,but this is the truth...

As I said there is 3 Avengers main teams right now...

Avengers (S.H.I.E.L.D): Falcon Cap,Captain Marvel ( Carol Danvers),Hawkeye,Invisble Woman,Nova (Sam Alexander - honorary member),Agent Venom (Honorary Member),Steve Rogers,War Machine and his drones.

Sunspot's Avengers: Sunspot,Black Widow,Pod,Manifold,Cannonball,Smasher,Shang-Chi,Spider-Woman,Validator and Zebra Kids.

Multiversal Avengers: Abyss,Ex Nihilii,Ex Nihilo,Hyperion,Nightmask,Thor and Satrabrand.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullettimer: I understand your point mate,but you should be aware of these changes too because not many people read current books or are to lazy to search.

Although you create this thread with this purpose doesn't mean that people will follow your way of thinking and won't created another ''JLA vs Avengers'' thread,how many ''Superman vs Thor'',''Batman vs Superman'',''Superman vs Hulk''........have you seen? Even without the need to make a new one, people will always do. I don't to bother you mate,but this is the truth...

As I said there is 3 Avengers main teams right now...

Avengers (S.H.I.E.L.D): Falcon Cap,Captain Marvel ( Carol Danvers),Hawkeye,Invisble Woman,Nova (Sam Alexander - honorary member),Agent Venom (Honorary Member),Steve Rogers,War Machine and his drones.

Sunspot's Avengers: Sunspot,Black Widow,Pod,Manifold,Cannonball,Smasher,Shang-Chi,Spider-Woman,Validator and Zebra Kids.

Multiversal Avengers: Abyss,Ex Nihilii,Ex Nihilo,Hyperion,Nightmask,Thor and Satrabrand.

Yeah, I fear as much. I just hope that when someone hits up Google with "JLA vs. Avengers" they'll come to this thread for their debating needs, so we won't need another random thread - that's why I put that description in the OP. But yeah, I fear people might still make random thread.

Thanks for that summary, by the way.

Fablehaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers.

In an incredible battle!