#1 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at calling it a C team. Hey the more attention the more people are inclined to comment. Hmm, or maybe they are a "C" team. Eh, i wont spend too much time thinking about it. Anyway. They fight 2 members from Marvels mainstay names: XMEN/F4/Avengers 6 on 6

Fire/Ice/Mera/Vixen/Black Lightning/Element Man

VS

Human torch/Thing/Cyclops/Beast/IronMan/Captain America

===========================

pre 52

in character

no prep

current versions of marvel

no extra powerups

no outside help

standard gear

#2 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

Vixen and Ice are the MVP's of their team IMO. I'll get back into this after work.

#4 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by boschePG (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: Marvel team would win IMO

they all have experience with each other. Vixen can still powers but what exactly is she going to take? Stark and Beast is alot of brains too if prep is involved

#6 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg said:

they all have experience with each other. Vixen can still powers but what exactly is she going to take? Stark and Beast is alot of brains too if prep is involved

Are you asking who is vixen going to take? i think youre underrating her. No prep is involved.

#7 Posted by DeathandGrim (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

Element Man turns into Chlorine gas? GG?

#8 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by boschePG (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg said:

Are you asking who is vixen going to take? i think youre underrating her. No prep is involved.

I know who Vixen is. If she has the power swap, Im just commenting that the Marvel team doesnt really bring anything that dangerous to themselves.

#10 Posted by thestarguy (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, both Mera and Element Man are under-rated. Mera demonstrated in Aquaman #6 that she can "blood-bend" as part of her hydro-kinesis, so she takes out half of the Marvel team with a thought, leaving Torch (who has no water in his plasma state), Thing and Iron Man. Thing is stronger than anyone on the DC side, so he's a problem for them. Only Mera is even close to him. And Iron Man's armor can be set to attack with a thought from him, so even blood-bending won't stop him. But Element Man is actually pretty hard to take out also, so I think it will come down to Mera & EM vs Thing & IM. It would be up to Element Man to stop IM or Thing, otherwise the Marvel team wins.

#11 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, both Mera and Element Man are under-rated. Mera demonstrated in Aquaman #6 that she can "blood-bend" as part of her hydro-kinesis, so she takes out half of the Marvel team with a thought, leaving Torch (who has no water in his plasma state), Thing and Iron Man. Thing is stronger than anyone on the DC side, so he's a problem for them. Only Mera is even close to him. And Iron Man's armor can be set to attack with a thought from him, so even blood-bending won't stop him. But Element Man is actually pretty hard to take out also, so I think it will come down to Mera & EM vs Thing & IM. It would be up to Element Man to stop IM or Thing, otherwise the Marvel team wins.

sounds reasonable

#12 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

Very good analysis. But you forgot three things:

1. Ice is actually a demigoddess when she's pissed off. She soloed the JLI during the Brightest Day storyline when she was enraged. She could do the same to the Marvel team unless someone on her own team can calm her down. Her in combo with Mera could be a formidable force indeed.
  2. Vixen not only has access to the Anthropomorphic Field (giving her access to even extinct animals that lived on Earth) but extra-terrestrial and mythological beasts as well. She's copied the TP, super intelligence, super-simian strength/durability, and TK of Gorilla Grodd just because those Metahuman (or would that be Meta- Simian?) powers were housed in an animals body for example. She could do so again. Speaking of her Mythological aspects, what would the Marvel team do (with no prep) against her taking on the powers of the Hydra, the Chimera, a dragon, the Phoenix of Legend, the Gorgons (like Medusa), the Kraken of Myth, etc..? Not a whole lot is my guess. People forget just how clever and dangerous she really is. Tony's brilliant. Not to mention the fact that he's one of the most resourceful men in the Marvel U. But what happens to him and his team if Vixen decides to copy Krypto's powers? I don't think this team can beat Krypto. Especially if he had human intelligence and h2h combat training like she does. She could also copy Lockjaw's powers and just dump the whole Marvel team on the surface of the Planet Venus, where everyone except Iron Man (due to his armor) and Thing (due to his rocky exterior) would be instantly killed by its Battery Acid atmosphere. Especially since Iron Man doesn't have enough fuel to fly all the way back to Earth. The Thing would be dead after he stopped holding his breath a couple of hours after his arrival there.
  3. Fire is completely intangible when she flames on. i'm not sure anyone on the Marvel team could even touch her, let alone harm her enough to take her off board.
#13 Posted by DarkRaiden (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man can win, Vixen can win it 5/10

#14 Posted by thanosii (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

@thestarguy: @heraldofganthet: i think you leaning too hard on vixen here.

1- op said no prep and no amp so she can only copy powers if those in the fight

2- And you underestimate Tony

- he currently is in the Bleeding edge armour which has micro second reaction time, so he can blitze Dc

- IM can withstand absolute zero and tank a nuke which is hotter than the surface of the sun so there's nothing this team can do to him and his suit it's resistant to tp and molecular manipulation

- now offensively IM is 100tonner range and can one shot everyone but EM.

- His repulsors can reach 1million degrees so again he one shots everyone but fire,

- he has force fields he can trap them in then bfr them to space

- at worst if they kill any member of his team he can nuke them.

Honestly IM is a heavy hitter who has taken on and beat the likes of hulk. He doesn't belong in this battle

#15 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel team wins

#16 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii:

I understand what you're saying. But the things I pointed out were in continuity and in character. The only time she had an amp was when Ananzi the African trickster god boosted her powers to duplicate not only the animal/mythological kingdoms, but Metahuman powers as well. This was thankfully short lived and for that reason (as well as the restrictions placed upon her by the OP), I purposely did not include those feats. If I did, I would have to include (among other things) her copying Bronze Tiger's every move in a h2h confrontation, her duplicating Green Lantern Hal Jordan's powers without even wearing a Ring, etc.. THAT era with Vixen was uber crazy. It wouldn't apply due to the OP conditions. But her duplicating Lockjaw, Grodd, magical mythological beings, and/or Krypto are all perfectly on the table. And in character.

We do agree that Iron Man is beastly, but even he has his limits. I don't think he could survive for long on the surface of Venus, and if he could, it would take him months to fly back here to join his friends who would have been long defeated upon his arrival. And I definitely don't think he could beat or even keep up with Krypto (for example).

#17 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@bo88gdan said:

Marvel team wins

@thanosii:

I understand what you're saying. But the things I pointed out were in continuity and in character. The only time she had an amp was when Ananzi the African trickster god boosted her powers to duplicate not only the animal/mythological kingdoms, but Metahuman powers as well. This was thankfully short lived and for that reason (as well as the restrictions placed upon her by the OP), I purposely did not include those feats. If I did, I would have to include (among other things) her copying Bronze Tiger's every move in a h2h confrontation, her duplicating Green Lantern Hal Jordan's powers without even wearing a Ring, etc.. THAT era with Vixen was uber crazy. It wouldn't apply due to the OP conditions. But her duplicating Lockjaw, Grodd, magical mythological beings, and/or Krypto are all perfectly on the table. And in character.

We do agree that Iron Man is beastly, but even he has his limits. I don't think he could survive for long on the surface of Venus, and if he could, it would take him months to fly back here to join his friends who would have been long defeated upon his arrival. And I definitely don't think he could beat or even keep up with Krypto (for example).

#18 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#19 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at calling it a C team. Hey the more attention the more people are inclined to comment. Hmm, or maybe they are a "C" team. Eh, i wont spend too much time thinking about it. Anyway. They fight 2 members from Marvels mainstay names: XMEN/F4/Avengers 6 on 6

VS

pre 52

in character

no prep

no extra powerups

no outside help

standard gear

Element Man?? ...you mean Metamorpho? He's a B list character,not a C list character.

#20 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

VS

pre 52

in character

no prep

no extra powerups

no outside help

standard gear

Element Man?? ...you mean Metamorpho? He's a B list character,not a C list character.

eh...i think its debatable. but thats not the point.