Juggernaut vs Sebastian Shaw (Movie Versions)

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Shaw: First Class
Shaw: First Class

Who wins? No prep. Shaw has been punching a wall for an hour.
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By D3athstroke

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

Movie versions IDK but Comic Juggernaut has more power that Shaw can absorb

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CapitolPunishment

This is a mega curb stomp in the favor of movie Shaw. from what they had shown of Shaw he was the most powerful mutant in the whole X movie series excluding Jean as the Phoenix. 

If Professor-X didn't freeze his mind for that moment, he would have killed Magneto with ease.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@joshmightbe said:
Movie versions IDK but Comic Juggernaut has more power that Shaw can absorb

Ofcourse. But in the movie, he is not close to his comic counter part. Which I think makes this more even.
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By Dracade102
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Shaw.

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

Shaw would beat the movie Juggernaut. Better skilled fighter.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RisingBean

It's debateable because we don't know the full extent of Juggernaut. Outside of losing his powers he was pretty much unstoppable. And with our metaknowledge of who the character was based on, I am inclined to say he only loss through plot device (Leech.) Just because Shaw is flavor of the week, I am not jumping on the bandwagon.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@CapitolPunishment said:
This is a mega curb stomp in the favor of movie Shaw. from what they had shown of Shaw he was the most powerful mutant in the whole X movie series excluding Jean as the Phoenix. 
Not really. Magneto at his strongest (the later X-Men movies) should be greater than Shaw. Emma and Professor X would bring Shaw down, as well. 

Anyway, Shaw wins this.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@RisingBean said:

It's debateable because we don't know the full extent of Juggernaut. Outside of losing his powers he was pretty much unstoppable. And with our metaknowledge of who the character was based on, I am inclined to say he only loss through plot device (Leech.) Just because Shaw is flavor of the week, I am not jumping on the bandwagon.

It's worth noting that, in a deleted scene, Wolverine stabbed Juggernaut (didn't hurt him) and acted as a lightning rod for Storm (that did hurt him). 

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By odinforce
@JediXMan said:
@RisingBean said:

It's worth noting that, in a deleted scene, Wolverine stabbed Juggernaut (didn't hurt him) and acted as a lightning rod for Storm (that did hurt him). 

i wish they actually used that scene in the movie
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Kallarkz

Hard to tell tbh.  

In the movie they displayed Shaw as being able to absorb almost an unlimited amount of energy and direct it when he wanted to. This extended to objects shot at him, physical punches and energy blasts. 
Juggernaut while in control of his powers did not display much weaknesses to anything. When he was stabbed by Wolverine there was no blood so we are not even sure about his physiology. 
When there is no established limit for each it is rather difficult to come up with a conclusion for who would be the winner. 

One thing that did peak my interest though. 
When Professor Xavier was in control of Shaw's mind he was not manipulating his abilities or shutting them off (if he were able to do this he would have been able to help his "students' with manipulating their abilities while they were practicing). So when Shaw was killed by Magneto using the coin the scene would suggest that Shaw has to consciously make use of his power and absorb energy when he knows that it is coming.  
Hundreds of bullets were shot at Shaw and he took in all their energy and they fell into the ground while he was able to move. 
But when his mind was frozen and he was not able to make any decision as to body movement or speech he was killed by a coin moving a very slow speeds. 

If Juggernaut were somehow able to hit Shaw at some point when he was unaware (say he is able to ambush him somehow) it is possible that Shaw would not be ready to absorb the energy and caught off guard would suffer the same ill effects as any human being. 

My two cents. 
Take care.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Movie Shaw for the win. He had a much better showing than Cain.
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RisingBean
@JediXMan:   I have seen those deleted scenes, and while I do find them interesting I think they may have been deleted because they didn't fit into how the director wanted them film to go. I don't deal in deleted scenes because they were deleted and not officially part of the movie. I generally watch movies knowing the characters and assuming they are like the comic counterpart until shown otherwise. Juggernaut (outside of said deleted scenes) was invulnerable outside of having his powers drained. He mudstomped Logan and had there been a focus on him, might have been shown to be truly awesome.  

Because of my way of thinking, I just felt I needed to note that it all falls to perspective. Juggernaut just may have been totally invulnerable. If he was, he beats Shaw. If we're going simply by feats seen, then this should be considered spite, because Marko was a background character in one movie where he engaged in two quick brawls. Shaw was the main villain and thus a main focus who was going to get much more time to shine.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@RisingBean

I know. I was just bringing it up for reference. It's a non-canon scene, but I wanted to bring it up.

But yes, we're going by feats shown. Juggernaut didn't really do much.
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RisingBean

In that case Shaw wins. But due to spite.    

I rate this similarl to Phantom Menace Mace Windu vs movie Batman (Bale).   You know Mace should/would win, but what did he do in Phantom Menace outside of a few lines of dialogue.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Kallarkz
@Edamame said:
@Kallarkz said:
 So when Shaw was killed by Magneto using the coin the scene would suggest that Shaw has to consciously make use of his power and absorb energy when he knows that it is coming.  Hundreds of bullets were shot at Shaw and he took in all their energy and they fell into the ground while he was able to move. But when his mind was frozen and he was not able to make any decision as to body movement or speech he was killed by a coin moving a very slow speeds.
This is certainly possible, but I was also thinking that Sebastian Shaw wasn't able to do anything with that coin because it was moving so slowly.  Those bullets were moving very quickly. So, the kinetic energy of the coin was much less than that of those bullets. That may explain why Shaw wasn't able to absorb any energy. 
mmm but it did at least have some kinetic energy behind it even though it was minimal. Would be strange to only allow him to absorb only great energies and not small ones. 
But who knows. lol doubt they thought we would be analyzing it with such detail ;p