Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By The Average Bear
Current versions of both. Battle takes place in Times Square. No BFR or prep.

Note: I made this thread wondering whether or not the Penance Stare would stop a moving Juggernaut. 
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

I'm not sure about this one. Interesting question....wish I knew the answer.

The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Average Bear
@Decoy Elite said:
" I'm not sure about this one. Interesting question....wish I knew the answer. "
I'm sure TheJuggernautPunch can help us here... 

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zoom

The penance stare seems to be a mental/mystical attack.  Since the only things that I've ever seen hurt the Juggernaut on a consistant basis are mental and mystical attacks, I'd imagine the penance stare would beat the Juggernaut and if Blaze really set his mind to putting Marko down, he could do it. 

That said, I would be willing to bet that their battles would end in draws more often than not in actual comics settings.
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Average Bear
@Zoom said:

" The penance stare seems to be a mental/mystical attack.  Since the only things that I've ever seen hurt the Juggernaut on a consistant basis are mental and mystical attacks, I'd imagine the penance stare would beat the Juggernaut and if Blaze really set his mind to putting Marko down, he could do it.  That said, I would be willing to bet that their battles would end in draws more often than not in actual comics settings. "

I thought it was more mystical than mental. Attacking the soul rather than just the mind. Actually, spiritual describes it best.
Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Chaos Burn

oooh good battle.... id say Juggernauts Cytorrak magic is better then Ghost Rider's magic - but i am not sure!
Amazing battle probably... all fire and debris

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zoom
@The Average Bear said:
"@Zoom said:

" The penance stare seems to be a mental/mystical attack.  Since the only things that I've ever seen hurt the Juggernaut on a consistant basis are mental and mystical attacks, I'd imagine the penance stare would beat the Juggernaut and if Blaze really set his mind to putting Marko down, he could do it.  That said, I would be willing to bet that their battles would end in draws more often than not in actual comics settings. "

I thought it was more mystical than mental. Attacking the soul rather than just the mind. Actually, spiritual describes it best. "

The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Average Bear
@Zoom said:
" @The Average Bear said:
"@Zoom said:

I thought it was more mystical than mental. Attacking the soul rather than just the mind. Actually, spiritual describes it best. "

No Caption Provided
"
Are you agreeing or disagreeing with my statement?
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zoom

Merely providing evidence.
Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pr_Beyonder

I want to say Ghost Rider but I might be a little biased
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FLCL1

stalemate or blaze win 

i cant see marco winning without extra help from the big guy
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Thor's hammmer

either a stalemate or blaze wins after going zarathos because there is no way for juggs to hurt him
Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Penance Stare can work on Juggernaut , but Blaze surely can beat the watered-down Jeff Parker's version of Juggernaut by other means .

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By czarny_samael666

Penance Stare or Hellfire ftw. It attacks his opponent soul and they have magic orgins, when Juggernaut showed that magic make him trouble (Shatterstar for example was able to hurt him with his blades/knives).

TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael: That didn't give him trouble at all as he healed in seconds .
crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crabtree

probably juggernaut wins.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By czarny_samael666
@TheJuggernautpunch said:
" @czarny_samael: That didn't give him trouble at all as he healed in seconds . "
The point is that magic attacks can hurt him, not that any magic attack will defeat him. And he can't really destroy GR, so after some time hellfire will be too much for him. Also I think that PS would affect him.
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael: It takes really strong magic to hurt him , as Thor's God Blast couldn't hurt him , and Doctor Strange doesn't do well against Juggernaut .
I think Cyttorak is protecting Juggernaut's soul so I doubt PS would affect him .
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By czarny_samael666
" @czarny_samael: It takes really strong magic to hurt him , as Thor's God Blast couldn't hurt him , and Doctor Strange doesn't do well against Juggernaut . I think Cyttorak is protecting Juggernaut's soul so I doubt PS would affect him . "
1.So You think that this is stalemate?
2.I saw scans in which Juggy was able to easily block Mjolnir, but I've didn't saw scans when he blocked God Blast.
3.PS affected Strange really good.
4.I doubt that Cyttorak is protecting his mind or soul, because very strong TP can affect Juggernaut (with helmet). Of course even Xavier don't have such strong TP, but Cain fells it (Captain Universe proved that so highly level of Psi Blast can even destroy this helemt). PS also isn't typical TP, so it should avoided his helemt's protection, like S'star's blades avoid his invulnerability and hurt him.
5.God Blast is a typical physically attack, when PS is more mind attack.
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael: How is God Blast a physical attack ? It is magical in origin , it broke Celestial's dome and once ripped a fabric of reality itself . But it didn't even left a scratch on Juggernaut . I think it once was stated that the gem bounded with his soul , and as D'Spayre couldn't destroy Juggernaut even with Crimson Magic ( and he was able to alter reality at that time ) and Oblivion couldn't kill him either , I doubt PS can would do a lot of damage .
Jedi Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jedi Wolverine

I guess it depends on where the power of the Penance stare and the Hellfire come from. 

I believe no magic/mystical (or physical for that matter) protection should grant the defender protection against the Penance stare. 
Surely it attacks the soul/ your conscience and for that i don't think that there could be a defence. 

Unless your whiter than white or on a level way above him then the Ghost Rider is going to take you down........

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By czarny_samael666

" @czarny_samael: How is God Blast a physical attack ? It is magical in origin , it broke Celestial's dome and once ripped a fabric of reality itself .  "

Physical in means that it is not mind-attack in any way.

@Edamame said:

" @czarny_samael said:

I doubt that Cyttorak is protecting his mind or soul, because very strong TP can affect Juggernaut (with helmet).
????? "

Captain Universe's psi-bolt destroy his helmet.
Sinister's Chronus device also hurt him.
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael: Yes , Chronus device hurt him , but it still couldn't get through the helmet . And I think that was more powerful than Xavier's telepathy .
Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vendel

Couple of things. Captain Universe didn't psi blast the helmet away. He destroyed it because his psi assault wasn't getting through. Secondly. Would the PS work if he has his helmet on?

As it is The Juggernaut is enough of a sociopath and has enough willpower that one wonders about the effects of the PS.

Also hellfire if it did anything would probably just piss Cain off.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By czarny_samael666
" Yes , Chronus device hurt him , but it still couldn't get through the helmet . And I think that was more powerful than Xavier's telepathy . "
Yes, it was stronger. Point is that very powerfull TP can damage Juggy even if he has his helemt on.

@Vendel said:
" Couple of things. Captain Universe didn't psi blast the helmet away. He destroyed it because his psi assault wasn't getting through.  "
He couldn't probe his mind, so he destroyed. He was using psionic powers, so I assume that it have to be a psi bolt, because standard attack shouldn't do anything to this helmet.
@Vendel said:
" Also hellfire if it did anything would probably just piss Cain off. "
1.Hellfire attacks not only body, but also soul.
2.Even pissed Cain won't destroy GR.

@Edamame said:
" @Vendel said:
" Would the PS work if he has his helmet on?  
If he has the shield up, nothing will hurt him. It takes magic to bring the shield down though. "

But PS has magic orgin.
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael: But GR wouldn't destroy pissed Cain either .
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The Average Bear
Bump
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zoom
"I think Cyttorak is protecting Juggernaut's soul so I doubt PS would affect him ."
And you think that because...

@Thor's hammmer said:
"either a stalemate or blaze wins after going zarathos because there is no way for juggs to hurt him "

Zarathos is dead and has been dead since Siege of Darkness.
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom: Hmm... well , isn't his soul bounded with the gem into one ? I mean , Juggernaut fought Nightmare ( doesn't Nightmare steal souls as Mephisto ? ) , and that run-in with D'Spayre . IDK , Oblivion couldn't kill Juggernaut in Outer Void and grew bored of him . That's my opinion .
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zoom

No, his soul isn't bonded.  His body is.  That's why he's been able to give the gem's powers to Black Tom and why the gem's powers have been taken from him on several occations.

I've never heard of Nightmare wanting souls but that doesn't mean he doesn't want them though.  I've only read like three comics with Nightmare.

D'Spayre is weak.  Besides, Juggernaut had his helmet on.
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom: D'Spayre at that time was fed by people's minds in Mexico and he also drained almost all of Juggernaut's magic up to the point he could control the very fabric of the universe itself . So you are wrong - he was insanely powerful at that time .
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zoom

Really?  Because I think the very fabric of the universe itself shrugged when Juggernaut tanked his attacks.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

How would GR even be able to implement the penace stare on Jugs?  I doubt Jugs would just stand around letting him try, and it's hard to make eye contact with a moving target.........
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom: Well , he let hate consume him so he couldn't be destroyed . The same reason Oblivion couldn't kill him . Cain let hate consume him .
RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RLAAMJR

I really wanna know who will win here.

Any additional discussions for this thread?

I'm inclined to say Ghost Rider might actually win though.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

GR does hve hellfire, But Juggs take this