no BFR

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By 18hunt

Fate sends him to a different dimension.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nightflash

@18hunt: i fixed the rules so no bfr

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nightflash said:

Round 1: Classic Dr Fate vs Trion Juggernaut

Round 2: Nabu vs Cyttorak

no BFR

Round 1: Classic Strange couldn't handle Classic Juggernaut. Classic Strange = Classic Fate. He is easily defeated. 

Round 2: is Spite. More powerful characters  of magic in Marvel fear and/or worship Cyttorak. He wins effortlessly.
Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nightflash

@Supermanwithatan01: Not saying Nabu wins but round 2 is not spite. Nabu has held his own agains the spectre.

iamthewolf88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By iamthewolf88

Pure might, isn't going to beat pure magic.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nightflash said:

@Supermanwithatan01: Not saying Nabu wins but round 2 is not spite. Nabu has held his own agains the spectre.

Yes the very same Spectre that was mindcontrolled by earths sorcerers, defeated by the Flash, Kicked in the face by Batman, dismissed by Nekron, Stalemated by a crazy Hal Jordan (who, while powerful, couldn't defeat Cyttorak either) and is one of the biggest chumps in the game...
Avatar image for albertphytagoras
Albertphytagoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both rounds can go either way.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Classic Dr Fate lasted 4 pages with the Spectre and defeated two lords of chaos who warped reality to what they pleased and took away all the stars. After Fate beat them he undid all the work they did so yeah he's powerful enough to take out Juggs

Round 2: Nabu took on a inbound Spectre and actually harmed him he's pretty damn powerful

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fate

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@Nightflash said:

Yes the very same Spectre that was mindcontrolled by earths sorcerers, defeated by the Flash, Kicked in the face by Batman, dismissed by Nekron, Stalemated by a crazy Hal Jordan (who, while powerful, couldn't defeat Cyttorak either) and is one of the biggest chumps in the game...

Mmm, no, Nabu held his own against a Spectre that had killed every other Lord of Chaos and Order, save two, killed Shazam, blew up the Rock of Eternity, flattened cities full of mystics and needed every remaining mystic to chip into beefing up Captain Marvel to have a fighting chance against him.

I am going to say that Fate does have a slim chance of winning his fight, but that all depend on him knowing how to get rid of the Juggernaut enchantment and being able to get himself and Juggs into the place to do it (which I believe isn't a BFR since the field just changed)... and that there is a local ruler willing to do it.

I am however going with Nabu, even if the fight takes place within the Crimson Cosmos, because Cyttorak has been defeated and outwitted in there as well.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Jim Corrigan was the most powerful Spectre, he was the one who Barry beat up and the one that Hal handled well. DC used him like Marvel used Galactus.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@outside_85: Jim Corrigan was the most powerful Spectre, he was the one who Barry beat up and the one that Hal handled well. DC used him like Marvel used Galactus.

And classic Fate matched him (Corrigan Spectre) for several pages on four occasions.

Round 1: Classic Strange couldn't handle Classic Juggernaut. Classic Strange = Classic Fate. He is easily defeated.

First mistake. Classic fate while equal to Classic Strange is magic ( maybe in magic slightly behind) also has physical powers equal to pre COIE Superman, and energy matter manipulation powers equal to Silver Surfer. Hell his TK alone is enough that he could use it to push a planet into a sun.

Nabu in energy form >>>>>> Classic Fate. Oh and the Spectre he defeated was the one who had destroyed and absorbed the power of all the places of power as well as Dr fate himself amongst others. In short at more powerful levels than he was in COIE when he fought the Anti-monitor, and held two universes apart.

Not saying Fate wins but it would certainly be a battle. Thor has cut Jugg's off from the power of Cyttorak so I'm sure fate or Nabu who's magic is above his can too.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which wasn't the version of the Spectre that Nabu faced, who didn't have a host, which is by far the most dangerous version of the Spectre.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Then I'm absolutely lost on Fate. Nabu fought Spectre yes? Or was it Kent? Also, I never denied it was impressive, only that it was the same character that others fought and stalemated. I did not know, at the time, it was and unleashed Spectre. Apologies.

@beatboks1 I said that over a year ago and even so, I'm not convinced fate wins this. Naby yes, fate idk. I admit my knowledge on both character is rather limited though. Your take on who wins?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@supermanwithatan01: really not sure who wins IMO an argument can be made for both.

The "classic version " of Fate was Kent Nelson ( no number ) his body was altered by Nabu in his origin so that he had super strength speed and was invulnerable as well as immune to mortal disease and reality warping. The only physical stat he had that varied from pre crisis e2 superman was his speed was only sonic and his vulnerability was that he still needed to breath. He was also taught the secrets of molecular control and how to levitate himself and other objects . Without any of his mystical talismans he still has these powers. During the middle of the golden age he lost his helmet and all his magical powers and for the last half of the 40's relied on those powers alone. He was shown absorbing and controlling energy in other objects and using that energy against others and the usual Superman like feats of carrying air liners, tanking nuclear blasts etc.

With the helm and all it's power we add in magic on the level of Classic Strange ( or a tad below) as well as immortality ( stated many times that he can't be killed or destroyed) and lower level reality warping ( bend time and space recreate life on earth after a battle with an enemy destroyed it etc).

Kent / classif fate fought Spectre a few times. Never won only really held his own for a bit. In All Star Squadron in their to late 20's for example he fought him for 5 or 6 pages before Spectre BFR'd him for a win

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Then I'm absolutely lost on Fate. Nabu fought Spectre yes? Or was it Kent? Also, I never denied it was impressive, only that it was the same character that others fought and stalemated. I did not know, at the time, it was and unleashed Spectre. Apologies.

Nabu, the entity from the Helmet of Fate, fought the Spectre as the very last one during Day of Vengence, Dr. Fate at the time (which I think was Hector Hall) was one of the early casualties. I wouldnt be surprised to learn Kent also fought the Spectre, but it would most likely be with his friend Corrigan inside of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6542d24a51052
deactivated-6542d24a51052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers