#1 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio
Juggernaut
Dr. Manhattan

At whatever you consider to be the peak of Juggernaut's powers.  Random encounter.  Who wins and why?
#2 Posted by King Saturn (223732 posts) - - Show Bio
I dont think Juggernaut could actually hurt Dr. Manhattan... Manhattan would have to BFR Juggernaut to stop him though
#3 Edited by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"I dont think Juggernaut could actually hurt Dr. Manhattan... Manhattan would have to BFR Juggernaut to stop him though"
Tell that to Human Juggernaut lol

But i really am not very familer with Dr. Man so i woudln't know
#4 Posted by King Saturn (223732 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"I dont think Juggernaut could actually hurt Dr. Manhattan... Manhattan would have to BFR Juggernaut to stop him though"
Tell that to Human Juggernaut"
LOL

Well I dont know how Juggernaut will actually hurt Manhattan since he can manipulate matter and energy on a high level and he can control time and space...
#5 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

We haven't ever seen Dr. Manhattan hurt.  It's very difficult to tell how much damage he could take.

BFR isn't a win but it's what's going to happen.

#6 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"BFR isn't a win but it's what's going to happen."
It is if you don't want to fight, which Manhattan probably doesn't.
#7 Posted by King Saturn (223732 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Zoom said:
It is if you don't want to fight, which Manhattan probably doesn't."
Truth
#8 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Zoom said:
It is if you don't want to fight, which Manhattan probably doesn't."

So if both of them don't want to fight, they both win?

What kind of logic is that?
#9 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Pacifist.

#10 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
this is true.
#11 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
Tell that to Human Juggernaut lol

But i really am not very familer with Dr. Man so i woudln't know"
i actually agree with that statement....
#12 Edited by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
Well I dont know how Juggernaut will actually hurt Manhattan since he can manipulate matter and energy on a high level and he can control time and space...
I don't think that Dr Manhatten can control time. His perception of it is different i.e. he knows what he is doing in 5, 10, even 50 years from now becuase his perception is non linear. He does not however appear to be able to take different actions from those he has 'already' taken because he is doing all these activities 'now' even if for us they are in the future. Confusing I know.

Going by the basic powers shown, Dr Manhatten could not physically damage Juggernaut but could easily win by

Imprisonment: Remove a 5 mile thick column of the Earth's crust below Juggernaut and then fill it back in after Juggernaut falls in to the hole. A few hundred tonnes of cement have 'held' Juggernaut for a couple of months before so this should work.

BFR: Dr Manhatten can telekinectically control matter. He could simply scoop up a 50 foot radius of Earth below Juggernaut and project it in to space.

As for Juggernaut hurting Dr Manhatten, he won't be able to. Dr Manhatten can turn intangible so rendering Juggernaut's attacks useless.
#13 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

The cement held the Juggernaut because otherwise, he would have killed Spider-Man and it seemed cheap to have the X-Men appear out of nowhere twice to help non telepaths beat him. ;-)

Normally, not gonna happen.

#14 Posted by King Saturn (223732 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"King Saturn said:
I don't think that Dr Manhatten can control time. His perception of it is different i.e. he knows what he is doing in 5, 10, even 50 years from now becuase his perception is non linear. He does not however appear to be able to take different actions from those he has 'already' taken because he is doing all these activities 'now' even if for us they are in the future. Confusing I know.

Going by the basic powers shown, Dr Manhatten could not physically damage Juggernaut but could easily win by

Imprisonment: Remove a 5 mile thick column of the Earth's crust below Juggernaut and then fill it back in after Juggernaut falls in to the hole. A few hundred tonnes of cement have 'held' Juggernaut for a couple of months before so this should work.

BFR: Dr Manhatten can telekinectically control matter. He could simply scoop up a 50 foot radius of Earth below Juggernaut and project it in to space.

As for Juggernaut hurting Dr Manhatten, he won't be able to. Dr Manhatten can turn intangible so rendering Juggernaut's attacks useless.
"
Well it has been said a few times that Manhattan could manipulate time... but I think I went Wikipedia for a minute on his attributes

lol
#15 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"King Saturn said:

"
why would he go through all the effort of scooping up land below him when he can just teleport him to another galaxy?
#16 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
""why would he go through all the effort of scooping up land below him when he can just teleport him to another galaxy?"
To teleport Juggernaut, Dr Manhatten would have to be able to manipulate Juggernaut's atoms - converting them to energy for teleportation.
This in turn would mean that Dr Manhatten could simply disintegrate Juggernaut.

As I don't think that Dr Manhatten can affect Juggernauts atomic structure (especially if he has his force field up), he cannot then teleport him.
#17 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
""why would he go through all the effort of scooping up land below him when he can just teleport him to another galaxy?"
To teleport Juggernaut, Dr Manhatten would have to be able to manipulate Juggernaut's atoms - converting them to energy for teleportation.
This in turn would mean that Dr Manhatten could simply disintegrate Juggernaut.

As I don't think that Dr Manhatten can affect Juggernauts atomic structure (especially if he has his force field up), he cannot then teleport him."
ah, i see.
#18 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan FTW, use enegy manipulation to affect the force field, or propel him to a nearby black hole

#19 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Nerx said:
"Manhattan FTW, use enegy manipulation to affect the force field, or propel him to a nearby black hole"
I didn't realize that there were black holes near earth.
#20 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a complete curbstomp in favor of Dr. Manhattan.

#21 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

If he can create life why not create 'another' Juggernaut and beat that one?

#22 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Nerx said:
"If he can create life why not create 'another' Juggernaut and beat that one?"
because you need magic to do that
#23 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Plunge juggy to earths core by manipulating the surroundings and reconstruct his surrounding (at the core) to adamantium.