Judge Dredd vs Robocop [Rebooted Edition]

DeadPoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeadPoker

The rebooted movie "RoboCop" was released today in theaters. Go watch it then revisit this thread.

Judge Dredd (2012) vs Robocop (2014)

Both futuristic law enforcers have received false notice of each other's criminal status. Consider them "On-Duty"

• Movie versions
  • Standard equipment (Lawmaster/Auto-9/etc.)
  • Fight to the death or arrest.
  • Takes place in an abandoned urban city.
mudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could go either way if you remove morals from both of them , but i would give it to Dredd in this fight because he never has any mercy to anyone who is considered an enemy of his (as far as i know) .

DeadPoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeadPoker

Has anyone seen the new movie yet?

TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is still Robocop. Hes faster than a speeding bullet.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dredd cuz his movie was actually good.

Avatar image for the_flash_too_fast
The_Flash_Too_Fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robocop

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By isaac_clarke

Robocop stomps.

Dredd's options are limited to say the least. His gun has the fire-power to damage Robocop, but only after changing it to its more exotic settings - time that Robocop willshoot him in everysingle time. Short of a surprise attack scenario where Dredd goes in prepped and guns blazing he stands no chance of out-reacting or out-gunning Robocop from the reboot.

In the film Robocop is established to have durability that requires 50 caliber weaponry to even get past to do significant damage. And even then he's put in two situations where he faces exactly that and does not go down to gunfire from all sides. Even in a situation where he's up against three or fourED-209's he was running active simulations to dance around their machine gun-fire (which we see him dead center of their firing a lot of the time).

Coupled with his ability to predict someone's hostility towards him by looking at their face, his own tactical speed where he's gunning down effortlessly multiple targets and significantly better physical stats - Dredd is toast.

@mudcrab said:

This could go either way if you remove morals from both of them , but i would give it to Dredd in this fight because he never has any mercy to anyone who is considered an enemy of his (as far as i know) .

He was shot and bleeding with his back against the wall at gun-point in the reboot.

If it hadn't been for the psychic 'rookie' Judge strolling in when she did the other Judge would have shot him dead. Sure Dredd was significantly out-gunned and nearly out of ammo at this point, but to pretend he strolls through the movie without effort - rather than running for his life half the time - is unrealistic.

Robocop's similar issue was completely programming related.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@isaac_clarke said:

He was shot and bleeding with his back against the wall at gun-point in the reboot.

Wasn't that a specialized bullet that was made to pierce armor?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robocop his reflexes and accuracy are off the scale.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

robocop stomps, he has WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY faster reaction time feats in the movie and plus his armor is UBER OP

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By frozen  Moderator

The 1987 version caught a bullet and took shots of 12-15 police offers shooting at his chest. I haven't seen the reboot, but I assume he must only be physically better than the original.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Robocop takes this.

In the new movie we saw that it takes some seriously heavy firepower to take him down e.g. About 4 robots rapid firing 50 kal rounds at him sure he was going to die if his partner didn't step in but he still took it for about a 1 min and a half and could still stand.

Judge Dredd could only get that kind of firepower with his bike and even then he would get shot of too soon to do some fatal damage to Robocop.

Yet don't get me wrong I don't favour Robocop in fact I would say Dredd was a much better movie.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robo-dude

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robocop

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15 JediXMan  Moderator

Robocop was faster and more agile.

Also, can Dredd's gun even drop Robocop?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@jedixman said:

His Hi-Ex and Incendiary could do the job. He could also shoot RoboCop in the mouth like he did with that punk in the beginning of Dredd. However, it's more likely that Dredd would start off with his standard bullets.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

His Hi-Ex and Incendiary could do the job. He could also shoot RoboCop in the mouth like he did with that punk in the beginning of Dredd. However, it's more likely that Dredd would start off with his standard bullets.

Maybe. But I'm also not confident that he could tag Robocop. Robocop was faster and dodging robots that, supposedly, had precision aim and reflexes to begin with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@jedixman said:

Maybe. But I'm also not confident that he could tag Robocop. Robocop was faster and dodging robots that, supposedly, had precision aim and reflexes to begin with.

I'll have to re-watch the classic RoboCop films. Honestly don't remember much. From what I've read in this thread though, RoboCop does have superior reflexes and aim.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

@jedixman said:

I'll have to re-watch the classic RoboCop films. Honestly don't remember much. From what I've read in this thread though, RoboCop does have superior reflexes and aim.

Original? Thought we were going by the remakes. The OP mentions the new films.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@jedixman said:

@jedixman said:

Whoops. Forgot this was the reboot versions! Haven't seen the new film yet.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@jedixman said:

@jedixman said:

Whoops. Forgot this was the reboot versions! Haven't seen the new film yet.

must watch, it is a fairly good movie and reboot imo although i liked the dred one way better

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Mandarinestro

Bump