JSA vs Asgard

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Team JSA: Alan Scott, Classic Dr Fate, Jakeem Thunder w/ Thunderbolt, Jay Garrick, KC Superman, Obsidian

vs

Asgard

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Everyone is bloodlusted
  • JSA is Pre-52 versions, Fate is Kent Nelson classic version
  • Win by KO, death, or permanent incapacitation

This is going to be an epic battle! Who wins, and how?

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MaZeRaIII

Asgard.

Odin maybe can solo.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazeraiii: Odin is not soloing. He'll have his hands full with either Alan or Fate

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazeraiii: Odin is not soloing. He'll have his hands full with either Alan or Fate

Dude,Alan is not Full Starheart version he loses,Fate is powerful but Odin is a Skyfahter,and Hela is a Hellord,and Asgard has Thor and Loki,together they can take him down.

Aurelian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Thunderbolt as powerful as other IMPs?

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGrayGhost

It comes down to Fate and Thunderbolt vs Odin. Alan goes down easily to wood weakness early

Obsidian is below Alan and neither in Odin"s league

Hmmm....probably Odin with whatever prep Loki comes up with and Thor's hammer shenanigans giving the Asgardians the edge

Edit: for some reason I thought both sides had prep. Anyway without prep Asgardians stomp. Jakeem dies in the initial blasts as does Alan and Obsidian . Fate alone is not beating Odin , Loki and Thor and Emchantress

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazeraiii: bloodlusted Alan is indeed full Starheart.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MaZeRaIII

Can you prove it?OP didn't state that it is Full Starheart AS version.
So nope he is just regular Alan Scott,and he still loses to Odin.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyborgzod said:

Let me clarify so that we dont waste too much time arguing over this. Yes, Alan has the full power of the Starheart here. Generally this is what is meant when he's bloodlusted, since he's willing to do anything to win which includes giving in to the Starheart and being possessed by it.

Aurelian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How powerful was Mordru when Alan defeated him?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelian said:

Ahh... good question for @beatboks1. =)

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazeraiii said:
@cyborgzod said:

Let me clarify so that we dont waste too much time arguing over this. Yes, Alan has the full power of the Starheart here. Generally this is what is meant when he's bloodlusted, since he's willing to do anything to win which includes giving in to the Starheart and being possessed by it.

Understood.
But he still loses to Asgard. :)

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whats stopping Jakeem Thunder from wishing Asgard away

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgard

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgard.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JSA wins. Too much raw power there.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Chimeroid  Online

I will side with JSA. Starheart and Fate alone are an issue here. The rest should just do defensive duty for them.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Basically this is Odin vs Alan Scott and Doctor Fate then...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: obsidian is quite capable of possessing half the Asgard team alone. People need to give him credit. Then there's the 5th dimensional djinn Thunderbolt!

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@floopay: obsidian is quite capable of possessing half the Asgard team alone. People need to give him credit. Then there's the 5th dimensional djinn Thunderbolt!

So we basically have a Skyfather paired with a herald level character, a couple jobbers, and some barely post-street levelers. And they are facing off against 2 near Skyfather level beings, and someone who can basically nullify what little help he has...

I mean, how is this a fair fight?

Thor can take on a couple people here from what I know, and Loki/Hela might do some damage, but they aren't very fast, and without prep aren't the best tool on any given team.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: But Odin is easily (or, arguably) the most powerful here.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin is probably the most powerful here, although Classic Dr Fate can definitely give him a run for his money in that department. But either way I think JSA team wins. Not without losing some members but yeah, Classic Dr Fate and Alan Scott on the same team...its going to get bloody.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lamedin should be banned .

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@aurelian said:

Ahh... good question for @beatboks1. =)

The two times when Alan matched and held Mordru off he was at his standard 20th century non amped level. Honestly it's a rarity for him to only be this, his MO is to steal power from others and to defeat his opponents with their own power like

1. fighting Shazam on the Rock of Eternity using the power of the rock itself
  2. Fighting the JSA having stolen Dr Fate's power AND Alan's
  3. Stealing the power of after killing several lords of order and chaos to kill Jarred Stephens "Fate" who's power came from both
  4. Fighting the LoSH in the 30th century after stealing the magic of half the wizards of Sorcerers world
  5. Stealing half the power of Infinity man (the living embodiment of all time and space)
@aurelian said:

Is Thunderbolt as powerful as other IMPs?

If you mean Mxy etc , NO. He's not an imp he's a5th dimensional djinn, different race of the dimension with greater limitations.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By XiiX

Thunderbolt solos.

Easily.

During JLA #28 - Crisis Times Five! Part One, his equally powerful(but obviously exceedingly more malevolent) counterpart LKZ immobilized The fuking Spectre(who couldn't escape without Alan Scott and Zauriel's help in another issue).

No Caption Provided

Ganthet while in concil with the rest of The Quintessence stated Thunderbolt's power "beyond calculation", and "our numerical system has no such means of describing such orders of magnitude"(that implies Guardians of the Universe applied technology, hands down some of the most advanced in the universe, that's been applied to grand ends as funneling the universe's willpower. Obviously.), then went on to elaborate that their fight would "threaten the universal grid".

Of course(LKZ) effortlessly warping reality on earth so people were turning into flame, trees, chased by ravenous mail-boxes and taxi-cabs, the buildings came to life, turning Plastic Man to stone, etc.

Standard 5th dimensional beings making the rounds, and such. Repeated mentions of "destroying everything", blah blah blah.

Anyway, the conflict was finally resolved during their multi-page clash when Billy Batson herded the global weather(clouds) into spelling out to YZ he had to say their combined names(YLZKZ), effectively merging them.

And while I'd normally tack the above as rather exclusively high showings/appearances, other stories I've seen featuring Jakeem Thunder usually exploit him as the reason Thunderbolt doesn't just pop up and fix every damn problem. Whether it be his relative inexperience and petulence, or getting dealt with before he can issue a command.

But it's hard to have it stipulated "best of their abilities" and "5-D Imp", without the match usually turning out one way.

Oh, and there's naturally the time he more or less walked over Mordru amped by Dr. Fate's power AND The Starheart(Mordru busted out when the pen was next activated, but BFRing/containing opponents in his pen isn't something I recall Jakeem doing to anyone else anyway, AND Mordru was trapped until Jakeem tried using it again, which would still count as incapacitation).

I generally favor Odin over Mordru, but I don't see him simply walking up and knocking the crap out of him(replete with a jovial grin) at standard power-levels, let alone amped two times over.

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go into hibernation for a few months and, man, this place is still one hell of a wretched hive of out of context statements, scans and outright wank.

Man. Captain America didn't die for this. Hel, Thor didn't die for this.

I mean Gott im Himmel.

Where does it stop?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

JSA

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you mean Mxy etc , NO. He's not an imp he's a5th dimensional djinn, different race of the dimension with greater limitations.

Well, in all fairness he has been referred to as such.

No Caption Provided
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:
@beatboks1 said:

Well, in all fairness he has been referred to as such.

No Caption Provided

I'm curious what the limits of Thunderbolts powers are? Like, could Jakeem just say "destroy the universe"...? What could he do if Jakeem asked?

chu42t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By chu42t

I like the JSA but I believe the Asgardians can take it 6/10.

Edit: Changed my mind. After Jakeem, JSA takes it handily at least 7/10.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ancient_god

@xiix said:

Thunderbolt solos.

Easily.

During JLA #28 - Crisis Times Five! Part One, his equally powerful(but obviously exceedingly more malevolent) counterpart LKZ immobilized The fuking Spectre(who couldn't escape without Alan Scott and Zauriel's help in another issue).

No Caption Provided

Ganthet while in concil with the rest of The Quintessence stated Thunderbolt's power "beyond calculation", and "our numerical system has no such means of describing such orders of magnitude"(that implies Guardians of the Universe applied technology, hands down some of the most advanced in the universe, that's been applied to grand ends as funneling the universe's willpower. Obviously.), then went on to elaborate that their fight would "threaten the universal grid".

Of course(LKZ) effortlessly warping reality on earth so people were turning into flame, trees, chased by ravenous mail-boxes and taxi-cabs, the buildings came to life, turning Plastic Man to stone, etc.

Standard 5th dimensional beings making the rounds, and such. Repeated mentions of "destroying everything", blah blah blah.

Anyway, the conflict was finally resolved during their multi-page clash when Billy Batson herded the global weather(clouds) into spelling out to YZ he had to say their combined names(YLZKZ), effectively merging them.

And while I'd normally tack the above as rather exclusively high showings/appearances, other stories I've seen featuring Jakeem Thunder usually exploit him as the reason Thunderbolt doesn't just pop up and fix every damn problem. Whether it be his relative inexperience and petulence, or getting dealt with before he can issue a command.

But it's hard to have it stipulated "best of their abilities" and "5-D Imp", without the match usually turning out one way.

Oh, and there's naturally the time he more or less walked over Mordru amped by Dr. Fate's power AND The Starheart(Mordru busted out when the pen was next activated, but BFRing/containing opponents in his pen isn't something I recall Jakeem doing to anyone else anyway, AND Mordru was trapped until Jakeem tried using it again, which would still count as incapacitation).

I generally favor Odin over Mordru, but I don't see him simply walking up and knocking the crap out of him(replete with a jovial grin) at standard power-levels, let alone amped two times over.

How powerful you say is Thunderbolt? I'm sure he isn't level Spectre, unless he is jobbing

YEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is classic Dr Fate, he wins against odin.

KC Superman MURDERSTOMP Thor

That`s all i know. Alan Scoot could probably take down loki, enchantress and the rest with the help

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By XiiX

@ancient_god: I would say roughly around Spectre's level(give or take, since his feats with Jakeem aren't as extensive).

The only other instance I recall Spectre facing down a 5th dimensional djinn, was Thunderbolt himself, that he quickly neutralized by having Jakeem trapped in the pen(as you can see, Spectre wasn't exactly having a fun time of it, himself).

So it was another case of Thunderbolt being undone by Jakeem taken out of the equation. Once again, not unlike the loophole of Spectre being unable to pass judgement on the soul-less; Doesn't mean they overpower him, they just circumvent having to.

Also worth repeating: Spectre got his ass slapped in stone by LKZ, who was only different from YZ in personality(power-levels shown identical). And while people could argue whether they're literally 5th dimensional imps or "djinns", they've been referenced as the former more than once. There's another(I can't find a scan of during Crisis Times Five) of Superman briefing Captain Marvel and saying "these djinn are probably incredibly powerful imps from Mr. Mxyzptlk's 5th dimsension. They share his reality-warping abilities".

And I'm sure I don't have to tell you, Spectre doesn't have the best track record against 5th-dimensional imps(djinns, whatever, you care to call them).

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By XiiX
@willpayton said:

I'm curious what the limits of Thunderbolts powers are? Like, could Jakeem just say "destroy the universe"...? What could he do if Jakeem asked?

I see no reason he wouldn't/couldn't. LKZ left to his own devices by Triumph, was a threat to "everything"(in addition to Phantom Stranger, Ganthet, and more stating one "set free to wreck creation" and "it may be too late to prevent the two djinn entities from clashing and threatening the universal grid") . Again, Triumph didn't wish for universal destruction, or the like. "Everything" was just a potential casualty of LKZ having his fun.

No Caption Provided

And if Jakeem wished it, Thunderbolt'd have no choice but to comply. The ONLY rub being that The Thunderbolt can't kill.

Indicatively speaking, scale wouldn't be a/the issue in that regard, just regulation.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic fate?You mean Silver age?If so Fate solo,if not then Odin solo

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jake W/Thunderbolt, Classic Dr. Fate, Starheart Alan Scott etc, stomp Asgard with Odin lasting the longest IMO.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a 6 on 5 at best....

Alan, Fate, Thunder, Jay, Kal, Obsidian vs Odin, Thor, Loki, Enchantress and Hela ..... no other asgardians matter.

In the end it comes down to Alan, Fate, Thunder and Obsidian vs Odin....Odin loses.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a 6 on 5 at best....

Alan, Fate, Thunder, Jay, Kal, Obsidian vs Odin, Thor, Loki, Enchantress and Hela ..... no other asgardians matter.

In the end it comes down to Alan, Fate, Thunder and Obsidian vs Odin....Odin loses.

Fixed

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: fate or Alan don't have the feats to deal with odin. Not even close

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@xiix:

I came to the thread thinking Asgard because of Odin but your arguments on the thread convinced me to believe the opposite seem more valid.

Awesome arguments there friend, well done =)

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Odin Solo, OF/TF Thor Solo, OF Balder Solo, OF Loki Solo

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By MasterKungFu

a lot of casualties for asgard

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite asgard stomps odin or hela could solo.most and the one left will fall soon after

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thunderbolt solos.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The JSA disgustingly curbstomps them asgardian fools to oblivion - quickly ,swiftly ,and concisely. Spite!!

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chimeroid  Online

Tough fight. But i am going with JSA.

Thunderbolt and Fate as MVP's with Thunderbolt potentially soloing Odin.

KC Superman stomps Thor+Warrior's three+Sif+Heimdall all together

etc. JSA wins.

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Spite asgard stomps odin or hela could solo.most and the one left will fall soon after

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Age Fate could solo in all honesty