Jormungand vs Fenrir

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By CitizenSentry

These two mythological titans go head to head in a battle to find out which is the greatest Mythological beast.

(Ignore the Fenris pic his Jaws are said to touch the top of the skies and the bottom of the earth).

Fenris:

No Caption Provided

VS

Jormungand:

No Caption Provided

Fight is to the death

Bloodlusts: On

Morals: Off

Fight takes place on: Asgard.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Fenrir is suppose to kill Odin. Jormungand is suppose to kill Thor (albeit after Thor kills him).

By that regard, I'd say Fenrir. But Jormungand is also suppose to "end the world" or some shiz.

Let me go listen to Amon Amarth and refresh my history ;p

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CitizenSentry

@fallschirmjager said:

Fenrir is suppose to kill Odin. Jormungand is suppose to kill Thor (albeit after Thor kills him).

By that regard, I'd say Fenrir. But Jormungand is also suppose to "end the world" or some shiz.

Let me go listen to Amon Amarth and refresh my history ;p

I would have thought more people on Comic vine would be a fan of Scandinavian Mythology :P

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty sure Thor's stronger than Odin in mythology, could be wrong though. I'm thinking Jormungand

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fenrir he has more raw power concentrated in smaller body and is constantly getting stronger. Jormungandrs poison can definitely kill Fenrir, but i don't see how he will poison him after all he will be just big target for Fenrir.

@fallschirmjager: So what ? Thor is much more powerful than Odin when it comes to combat.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By D3athstroke

@arcus said:

I'm pretty sure Thor's stronger than Odin in mythology, could be wrong though.

Yeah once after battling a giant very big tree fell on wounded Thor and no god alone or all of them together where able to lift it, until Thors little child asked why his father was lying under a tree and lifted it with one hand.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fenrir should be equal or slightly stronger.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

lars_maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not that it decides the battle but Jormungard IS stated to be so long as to surround the nine realms of Yggdrasil, the world tree. It slumbers until Ragnarok at the base of the world tree, at which point it consumes the nine realms until Thor ends its terror at the cost of its own life.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would pay to see this fight. Loki's laughing at his kids while Hel is trying to get them to stop

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MetalJimmor

Jormungandr either wins or it's a stalemate. Fenrir, as mighty as he is, is a WOLF. He has to get in close range, bite down, and rip to inflict any meaningful damage on the giant serpent, which would leave him vulnerable to a bite. Given Jormungandr was able to tag Thor with his bite he should be able to tag the much larger Fenrir. If Fenrir gets bitten even once he'll die from the venom regardless of if he wins or loses, and I just don't see him finishing off the World Serpent before Jormungandr tags him once. At the same time Jormungandr is so massive not even Thor could lift him, so I'm not seeing Fenrir surviving a crushing attack from the World Serpent either.

fv5v7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolf win here

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jormungand

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fenris. He's supposed to kill the Allfather after all. Thor may have more raw strength then Odin, but in mythology Odin was unbeatable due to his vast knowledge of magic and night omniscience.

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I recall, Fenrir can grow without limit. In fact, it was mentioned if I recall that he'd grow big enough to eat entire stars if left I checked.

I think I'll go with Fenrir. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digging through the forums, hope no-one minds me sharing my 5 cents on this one but I really like the idea of this fight. That said,

55-45 to Jormungandr would be my most likely outcome.

The pure reason being Jormungandr in mythology has been known to be capable of surviving on land (albeit in the form of a cat) whereas I don't recall anywhere that Fenrir could survive in the sea. Also it really depends on the area of effect for Jorm's poison which given it is said to "Poison the Skies" I'd say is likely vast and lastly how long his poison takes to take effect because Fenrir could just fatally wound him in that window.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: really? I'd say Fenrir. He's destined to kill Odin and eat the son and moon. All he needs is one good bite. I see this as a king cobra vs a wolf, the poison might not actually kill him. Fenrir has shown his smart enough to develop complex thoughts so he might just find someone to cure him or heal him.

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Serpent

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: good points but Fenrir still should have the speed and strength advantage here. He's able to catch and kill Odin

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Serpent 85x15.

Big_News

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The World Serpent

Foxdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Foxdie

@asgardianbrony: If I recall correctly Thor wasn't exactly stronger then Odin in Norse Mythology and Thor was only so powerful do to Odin himself. The Norse Thor needed magic gloves to have Mjonir fly back to him, and a special belt to use Mjolnir at its full power. In Fornmanna Sögur it is said that Þórr and Óðinn are the most powerful gods aswell. So that alone pushes the idea of Thor being more powerful then Odin underwater.

Odin (Old Norse: Óðinn) is the most powerful and wisest god. Odin is the Allfather of the Norse gods and the ruler of Asgard.

Thor (Old Norse: Þórr, Thórr) is Odin’s youngest son and the second most powerful god. He is the god of thunder, master of the weather and the strongest warrior.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fenris was supposed to swallow the sun the giant snake whose name is too long to type was only supposed to destroy Earth as far as I'm aware

giantmansolos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: really? I'd say Fenrir. He's destined to kill Odin and eat the son and moon. All he needs is one good bite. I see this as a king cobra vs a wolf, the poison might not actually kill him. Fenrir has shown his smart enough to develop complex thoughts so he might just find someone to cure him or heal him.

just to throw it out there, but Jormungand was also at least semi intelligent, it was say to lay in the ocean thinking of ways to avenge itself upon the gods for banishing it.

and jormungand doesnt really have to even bite the wolf, its so brimming with venom its literally spraying it upon the sky when it leaves the ocean (which cause a tidal wave). squeezing fenrir to death wont work, fenrir was only able to break all the strongest chains, only when a magical bond was used was he finally held captive. i think this fight goes same as thor vs serpent in the myth, fenrir may end up biting it in half, but it will die from the poison.

giantmansolos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fenris was supposed to swallow the sun the giant snake whose name is too long to type was only supposed to destroy Earth as far as I'm aware

surtur actually 'destroys' the earth, at the end of the battle he flings fire from his flaming sword, engulfing the earth

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By helloman

Jormungand wins.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points